(2013/01) Jan 2013

Finally no more watery stools!! Still soft, bt better than LS.. Hopefully by tmr will be ok..

Tigress: wah so gd onli left 2wks.. I gonna work till i pop.. Don wanna waste maternity leave.. Hehe!!

Confinement wine
I'm totally lost! Lol. My last cl didn't add much coz I was doing tbf... Actually she should, then I'll have a sleepy bb...

Bb character
Second time or more mummies, do you notice any difference between the temperament of your kiddies at birth? Btw first and second borns or cf infants and now?

Both my children were never sleepy bbs. Whenever pple tell me bbs sleep a lot I roll my eyes. My fb cried a lot due to colic, my #2 was rather peaceable but not so sleepy leh..but both slept thru at 8 weeks so I guess that's compensation.

Thanks piscean! Shall go scout for rice wine!
Really exciting that we're popping soon
happy.gif
I just realised I'm already at 33 wks, which is abt 50 days to go!

Siewz, you are welcome.
happy.gif
The difference between white & red glutinous rice wine as in my previous post (with/without red yeast rice added). Wincarins, my mum used to cook with chicken, I've not tried drinking it without cooking.

Friends, you've bought red rice wine from others before? Just curious, good ones is in terms of what area? Is it strong alcohol & sweet? That's my aunty & mum's definition of successful & good rice wine.

elp, you r welcome
happy.gif
i'm 33wks now too, looking forward to "see" bb this Thursday at gynae checkup.

Fullhouse, I guess all babies are different. My younger daughter was able to sleep thru' the night since about 3 mths with really flat tummy (she don't like milk), & I was really worried she's hungry. I would rather young bb drinks at least once during night.

I'm still doing wet marketing myself every morning.. Can see so many aunties starring at my tummy.. My mil n mum ask me not to go already given my diff to walk.. However no choice leh, still need to cook two meals everyday , need to replenish food. Vege can't last whole week.. My maid is big eater too, can fry whole bunch of veggie($1) n finish it with my son.

As for rice wine, my mil usually prepares for me, my no 1 I finished 3 bottles of DOM n few bottles of rice wine.

aspialle : i go to supermarket with my helper, hubby & son every sat. Mil will buy freah fish & pork rib from wet markets whenever she comes to visit us or when we have meals with her. The grocery will last me for the entire week.

Re : Rice wine
I don't like to drink alcohol, a bit will make me throw up. Will not be ordering any rice wine or drinking any DOM etc. I remembered the CL cooked dishes with alcohol for me during #1; i completely puked out. In the end, i gave all my rice wine away.

Good morning mummies,
So many post to catch up.

Julie,
Hope you are getting better. If still having watery stool, try banana. It is good to curb LS.

Tigress,
Your c-sect in end Dec? Mine scheduled in 1st week of Jan but Gynae say might want to bring forward. Confirm in another 2 week times.
I'm on course from 19-20 Dec after which will be clearing my last yr leave. Left 1 day medical cc leave unclaim after offsetting all the leave.

Aspialle,
I also still go wet marketing every sunday at 6.30am. I usually stock up food for a week and my mum also asked me to stop since tummy now super big. But no choice got I need to cook every day and 2 meals on Sunday.

Bliss,
My mum specifically instructed to cook only with red rice wine instead of adding water. End up all food become red colour. It is very sweet and I dun like it. Every dish looks something like this.

7819772.jpg

Morning all!!

Bblove: thanks.. Better already.. Nt so watery stools already, thou still get tummy aches.. I tot banana aids constipation, meaning will make things worse?

Juz now was looking at gmarket website n there's a deal for cupcake maker for onli $25! Abit tempted to buy, coz planning for my ger bday next feb (together wif bb's full mth celebration).. Bt prob is i never make cupcake b4.. Haha!! Bt guess it'd b fun to do it together wif my ger rite? Let her have a go at making her own cakes for her own bdae.. Bt scared i cant enjoy making wif her coz it'd be during confinement.. Coz better nt to touch water oso rite?

Aspialle,
In my #1's thread, 1 mummy super like DOM and finished 20 bottles in her 1 month confinment and we were all like "Wah....."
I hate the taste of it and just gave away 2 so that I can avoid drinking. End up hubby brought back another 1 from Mum's place last week. *Sweat*

Julie,
Surprisingly banana aids diarrhoea. Take care cos my gals had stomach flu 2 weeks ago and it passed on to the entire family and also to my parents. It's a pretty strange virus. Once you passed to the next person then you will recover. So far 10 of our family members has gotten it.

Re: Feeling hot
Is it just me that has been feeling very hot everyday? At night, I can on the aircon and the fan on at the same time while the rest are all wrapped up in blanket. Was telling hubby I'm having 2 person's heat (bb also 37 degree) tt why always feel hot.
Most of the time, he will see me doing this:
7819843.png

and he will shake his head commenting "electri bill going up again"

Finally settled my #1 childcare, decided to stay put at the current school after the ex-principal made some favourable adjustments before she left for the headquarter. Hubby & I are so elated about the arrangement.
happy.gif

Bblove: i oso hate the taste of DOM.. Seems like no expiry leh.. Coz i have 1 at hm, tink is a new bottle fm last confinement.. So long already dono can use nt.. Rem last confinement mum keep calling me drink bt she know i don like it so she onli call me drink once every night, small amt in a shot glass. She'd make it warm for me and i juz force myself to drink lor. Bt doubt i even finish 1 bottle, the rest my mum drank. She likes it. Cant imagine the mummy who can finish 20bottles!! No overdose??

BBlove (bbjoy) - i feel hot all the time now!
My aircon is always on with fan on also ...
My face will be full of sweat and I will wake up to wipe it off...
sad.gif

Then i no need blanket nowadays... so hot! its killing me!

Bblove: issit? Ok, shall buy some bananas then. Bt my mum did say preggy cannot eat those long bananas? Coz too cooling? Say eat those short short ones.. Hmmm so mayb it is stomah flu after all.. Coz my ger recovered already.. Mayb i shd pass to hubby so i can recover too? Hehe!!

Canopy: gd for u.. Hubby was asking me wanna change sch for #1 nt.. Coz she's still very quiet in sch, after 1yr in sch. I tink she's juz shy (juz like me!! Last time i in sch oso very quiet 1..) bt out of sch like chatterbox. Tats y the prob here is toilet training. Coz she's off pampers when at hm n outdoors, except when sleeping and doing big business. She doesnt wanna sit potty when wanna pass motion. N she nt proactive in sch, don wanna tell teacher if she wanna pee in sch, how to off pampers in sch? Headache.. Hubby say his collegue says is coz the teachers nt gd enuff.. Issit true? Shd reli change sch ah? Bt wif bb coming soon, like nt the right time to change sch leh..

Bblove, cheese: i'm opposite. Coz b4 preggy i scared hot, now preggy i scared cold. Thou nt extremely la.. Coz i'll still c hubby covered head to toe in blanket n i no need blanket. Haha!! I oso aircon n fan on. Bt last time can no need blanket all night, now need at least cover leg..

Cheese,
Heng I'm not alone. So at least, I know it's normal. I tot what's happening to me cos last 2 preggy was always cold and need sweater.

Julie,
I also have 1 bottle of opened DOM 'hide' deep inside my cupboard left from last confinment which is 2008.Only drank 2 shot glass and left untouch.
For banana, preggy cannot eat long type of banana, can only take those shorty kind called 'pang' jio.

Canopy,
Glad to hear that. It is so difficult to start kid all over again when they are alreasy so used to the environment.

Julie
7819994.jpg

These are cupcakes I made , now my oven spoil liao planning get a gd one for my new hse... Hope u r recovering well, green bean soup works for me
happy.gif

Bb love, I also feel hot n sweat even sleeping with air con .. Same same hehe

Canopy, gd for u got people help u buy.. Some vege can't last whole week n since they eat a lot n can't stall too much in fridge , later spoil.

Bblove: mine is unopened. Coz tat time gt 2/3 bottles. Opened 1, the other 1 gave away. Left 1 in my cupboard. Took it out the other day to find expiry date bt cannot find. Mine better, 2009 one.. Haha!! As for the banana.. Yup, i followed wat my mum said, tat is no eat those long ones. Bt dono issit MIL dono or juz don care. Coz they buy the long ones than will call use eat, bt i never eat la.. Sometimes hubby will put it back in kitchen or my ger will eat it.

Aspialle: wow!! Tat's reli nice cupcakes u made!! I'm contemplating whether to buy or not coz i dono how to do the deco on top of the cupcake. How u do? So nice!! Somemore the cupcake maker onli can make 7 at a time. I wanna get an oven for my new house too coz i love cakes!! Bt tat's still a long way to go. So if i buy now it'd be stored at my mum's place which i onli go to on wkends. If seldom use will spoil rite? Wondering if shd do a interior oven fixed in kitchen or buy oven for new house. Coz my fren had 1 fixed 1 but like on verge of spoiling than last xmas we went over, they used the oven than electricity keep tripping..

Aspialle - you are really talented! The cupcakes are very pretty.

BBlove - I feel warm all the time these days. Even at 19 deg in the meeting room in the office (my colleagues would be freezing) I feel warm. I think it is normal to feel this way in late stage pregnancy.

Ctrus - I have hired a malay massage lady. She did for me last round, and also for my sis in law. She charges me 800 for 10 sessions. Will do binding etc...but quite clean.

Aspialle : true, some veg does not last for a week, so what i do is to ask my helper to cook those leafy veg eg hang cai, kangong, cai xin, cabbage, sometimes bean sprouts, brinja, then the harder veg eg. Potatoes, bittergord, bricolli, califlower, capsicum, asparaus to cook later part of the week. And i also ask her to cook the fishes bought from supermart first.

Julie/bblove/aspialle : yup, we are absoultely elated to remain in his current childcare. Initially we decided to change school, cos his fav principal has been promoted and going to the headquarter, and his form teacher & chinese teacher for next yr are not really fantastic; and they increased the school fee by another 200/month. But after our request for withdrawal (its a policy to give 8wks notice prior to withdrawal), and talks with the principal, she has welcomed our feedbacks and decided to replace the 2 teachers with another 2 whom we think are more passionate about the work, and more competence as we feel that for that kind of school fee, if we are given the 1st 2 teachers, we are being short-changed. Thank goodness that the principal made the necessary adjustments before she left.
happy.gif

Julie, bananas got to avoid the long ones (i.e. those Del-Monte type) cos they are supposedly cooling la. My last preggy, I eat liao kena cramps!
sad.gif

Sylvia, yah normal sanitary pad can liao. Buy long long and absorbant ones ba.
happy.gif

bbjoy, I also feel sooooooo hot. Now I sleep on the side of the bed facing the fan. Fan is not swinging and directed at me *HAHAH!* feel so shiok lor. :p

Julie

DOM is the longer u put, the stronger the better. I din manage to drink alot of DOM for #1 coz very heaty. but when had miscarriage, I drank 2-3 per wk as confinement. ok lah. for the sake of future kids n my own health.

I still hv DOM, think this time can drink more.

MIL said she going to give me rice wine... I wondered when coz usually got sound no action type.
LOL!!

I like rice wine though when cook in dishes or as soup with ginger!! wait CL goes home, then I cook for myself for the rest of the confinement.

Snowger

41cm long enough pah!! LOL!

Snowger: yeah!! Del monte!! I last time alwaz buy those kind.. I like long long 1.. Hehe!! Guess now need buy short ones. Bt the short ones the skin like alwaz stuck to the banana.

Sylvia: wah longer more strong? Last confinement i felt it's yucky already.. This time even more strong die liao!! Somemore i drink is mix wif hot water coz drink neat too yucky already. Somemore i don like alcohol one.. I onli drink white wine during wedding dinners. Mayb tats y i don like rice wine too..

Aspialle: can share how u do the frosting n deco on top of the cupcakes? I tink it'd b nice for my ger to join in the prep for her own bdae.. Coz actualli i already have a small oven at hm.. Mayb can try out doin some during wkends b4 the actual day.. Trial n error in case doesnt taste gd.. Haha!! Somemore now haven deliver, can go buy ingredients myself n play wif her.. Thanks!! Coz promised my fren will order cake fm her shop. Bt her cupcakes are super ex.. Asked her the other day, said it's like $5-6 each depending on the design.. So ex leh..

Still on rice wine issue? Yeah I like this topic cos I'm an alcoholic! Kekeke... Luv beer, hard liquor, cooking wine... But hate the taste of DOM....

Aspialle, Your cupcakes very pretty!

ctrus - it is all in (i.e no extra costs). If you want the contact, send me a PM. You may want to try out one session for pre-natal, so that you can gauge for yourself. cos everyone has different preferences...

Talking bout cupcakes, bb is moving alot in tummy!! Tink bb wanna eat!! Haha!!

Friends: gd for u.. Than at leat u enjoy confinement food then.. I hate alcohol taste. The onli alcohol i can tolerate is white wine.. Bt nt all, some white wine oso yucks..

Aspialle,
Nice cuppies. I love baking too but always cant get the buttercream right. So ended up do with fondant. However still need to do buttercream before covering cuppies with fondant.
Are you on facebook?

Julie,
Are you on fb too?

Bblove: wah u say the cupcakes till so chim.. Coz i'm a newbie in baking.. Onli tried a few times.. Tried doing brownie n cookies b4 onli. Havent tried cupcakes yet. Bt i have the cupcake base.. Yup, am on fb..

<font color="119911">Hopefully I can consume the wine/liquor/alcohol for this confinement so that my body can be more fit after that.
Gotten "jiu-mo" for my previous confinement so only managed to eat "alcohol-food" for 2 days nia...
</font>

Julie

yes, rice wine &amp; DOM, the longer the better, the stronger too

I know... 1st confinement when I drink DOM, I really ;P

but after that miscarriage , doing own confinement so had to drink &amp; cook own dishes. it's so hot. just hv to drink loh.

I dun drink alcohol... but keeping telling for own health n kids, so just drink. Like army training! LOL!!

Anyway, this is what I know in China, they sell red sugar :红糖 preg mum, doing confinement, ppl who need to build up health esp after op drink. they drink alot. But in sg dun sell, so the alt is brown sugar : 黑糖

But I saw some places selling instant red sugar ginger tea, maybe this helps too.

Sylvia: i oso had a miscarriage last yr, bt didnt do confinement then. Last confinement i abit notti, nt wanting to eat n drink the confinement dishes, coz alot of confinement stuff i don like, such as liver, wine, ginger.. All yucks to me. Mayb tis time muz gd ger abit. Haha!! I juz ate a brown sugar sweet tat day given to me by my collegue. She said it helps in diarrhoea. Initial taste abit sweet, bt after tat actualli quite nice!! So u mean shd eat brown sugar during confinement?

Aspialle, bblove: was looking at online videos on how to do cupcake frosting.. Issit a must to have a mixer to mix the butter n stuff? Coz don tink my mum place have leh.. Mayb saw a manual 1 somewhere bt dono issit still there.. Or mayb i shd juz give up n spend $$ buy the cupcakes instead. Haha!! Bt it'd b nice to DIY.. Can give my ger CC schoolmates too!! Need to do more research i guess..

Julie, the pic bear and the pink and blue big flower are edible icing which can be bought from shop. Those green grass look alike cream is using special "heads" , same with little flowers in pink, got diff numbering for the heads to squeeze out the cream.

At times I will go for class at BIY (bake it yourself), they also sell lots of ingredients n equipments. Thought of going for the more diff class to learn n be professional ... Maybe can do little business but not daring...

Piscean : do u know where we can buy the white rice wine? I also don't like red rice wine food that turn out very sweet. My CL told me to buy the white cloudy type, but I can not find good ones...

Aspialle: i tink u can go!! Coz i have a poly fren who owns her own cake shop now.. She've been baking since then n now have her own shop!! Since u're SAHM, u can try doin small business 1st fm home, meaning selling to pple u know.. N can spread by word of mouth. Slowly u'll have more pple buying.. Gd side business.. I feel tat Food is alwaz gd business.. As for me, mayb i'll just wait till i get my own house than experiment wif baking.. Later kena scolding by my mum for making her kitchen dirty. Haha!!

Julie

brown sugar is good for health as it will pu.
The content of brown sugar:
http://spk.39.net/shipin/tldfl/e0e15.html

angeliqueous
cloudy rice wine must special order or customised. Go wet market , those old provision shops, they have or will arrange, but u might need them to prepare for u, so dun order too late in case they dun hv ready stock.

BBlove, my c-section should be around 3rd week of Dec '12, possibly on 18th Dec. I will confirm the date with my Gynae this Fri. I think, in this forum, I am the 1st few to give birth.

I still have 5 days of annual leave that I need to clear, so I have to start clearing before I pop. My Baby room is still in a mess, good time to clear it during my annual leave.

Back