(2013/01) Jan 2013

Hello mummies!!!

Aspialle your baby is really chubby!!

On shaving hair I also did shave hair for baby #1 and it grew out quite nicely.. She has cradle cap and if I didn't shave looks patchy!

My cough and flu still haven recover after a week though I'm already on medication .. Now I donno how should I go see GP again? I think they most likely will give me antibiotics hiaz.. And my morning sickness is coming back with a vengeance !!

Wasabe, can take antibiotic ? Y dun u try Tcm ? Take care n rest well

Done my admission at Kkh, sign up A1 premier... Now got diff between premier and classic eventhough it's both A ward. Classic, gynae only appears when u r abt to deliver, premier the gynae will come ASAP till u deliver...

piyoz: okie, will wake up for feeds. just praying that milk flow will be good. coz heard from a few friends that their flow nt good, so they stopped very fast. hoping that can feed bb for at least 6 mths.

xinyue: i will going into the real preparation starting from this weekend. my friends kept saying i too relaxed liao. got to go get all the herbs and etc.

bblove: the piglet mooncakes are cute!! got to learn from you. can i join ur fb group?
happy.gif

julie: ya lor. if the nurse never mention to us, we would be blur blur too and not claim that portion.

siewz > ya, time to stock up.. else later on, price might increase due to CNY? hmm, will ur mom be staying over at night during ur confinement? Mine didnt.. Ur mom familiar with ur house? as in where u put ur kitchen stuffs, etc? Mine didnt, so at times, got to assist her.. so, quite tiring for me during #1's time.

aspialle: I signed for A1 Premier too.. are you seeing gynae at TPS? another difference is if you don't take Premier, the subsequent times we see gynae will be at Clinic C/D, but not at TPS. I didn't ask if we will still be able to see our own gynae even if we go Clinic C/D cos I assume they will assign any gynae when you are there...As I only want my own gynae, I chose Premier...

xinyue: for the herbal soups, can go can get those prepacked one from places like Fu Hua? or have to go to medical halls and ask them to pack for confinement purposes?

i will be staying at my mum's place. my own place is not ready yet. will move in only after CNY next yr.
happy.gif

btw, when's ur edd?

BBlove:: i tink if i look at those online fetus weight guides... we're always below avg. perhaps those are based on 'ang mo' size? haha. but if look at more asian avg guide, i think still ok. BUT then oso.. i like to think that since im gg for csec at wk38, ob wana make sure bb is bigger, given the 2wks earlier date.

aspialle: I see... mine is Dr KT Tan. She is there on sat morning and some weekdays.. I only saw her at Clinic B once when she couldn't schedule me..

Evening mummies!!

Ah some respite while the kids are preparing zzzz :D

Siewz
It depends if you find it awkward to ask your mum to do night shifts? It's easier to ask a paid stranger to do it than your own mum?

Told you guys before my first confinement done by my mum was terrible. I took care of the bb coz she doesn't like bbs, and I have to eat 3 day old chicken soup and hardly anything else. She loves cooking but will cook a dozen of things and tell me I cannot eat, so end up daily eating chix soup and maybe only one more dish or nothing else. I was so depressed, but what can I say since it's my own mum?

Shaving hair
I didn't shave any of my children's hair coz elderly say will grow thick. I have very thick hair myself, though not fizzy, I still envy those with very fine hair!! Those really thin hair lol!!

Now my girl has nice, soft thin hair (which everyone claim so nice and smooth ;)), but my son has daddy's unmanageable hair
sad.gif

Bb's weight
Heeeee I still like small bbs and small toddlers;) of course I'm biased coz both mine are tiny
happy.gif
. This one will be tiny too.

Went chk-up today. Bb weight is 1.8kg @ 33wk. No gain frm last chk-up 2 wks ago. The weight gain is to myself *argh* But gynae said is fine. Today also did growth scan, everything is normal. Bb's head is down, placenta up. Ok for normal delivery. Gynae took sample of my discharge too. Any idea what is it testing for? Looking fwd to nx appt 2 wks ltr @ 35wks. Gynae shared on what situation to go hospital straight e.g. 5 contractions within 1 hour or waterbag break.

Hi Fullhouse,
my plan is to try to rest more in the day if possible, then will do night shifts on my own.. hope that will work out.
happy.gif

my mummy has been a babysitter, but usually bbs come to her after 1-2 mths old.

praying that all will be good.
happy.gif

Julie, dun have to envy, now my baby below 50 percentile. Hope she puts on weight at the next checkup. U can try eating durian! Haha..

Bb love, yes. Own mum still the best.

I din shave, but comparing shaved ones, #1 hair is fine n soft compared to those who shaved.

The myth was all new born hair are dirty so must shave. But actually there are baby hair that will drop later, no need to specially shave.

Julie, yes. Thinking bf is a forbidden thing. But I tot that era is common for bf?

Anyway joke today was she wanted to meet us so we went, smart aleck hold hand with #1 and carry her to land her on escalator, in the end jam the whole escalator as she can't place #1 on the steps!! I just told #1 to come to me and we just step on the escalator without prob as that's wat we do everytime. Then mil kept saying " oh!! U know how to step on it!" I nearly fainted as this wasn't 1st time we went out n #1 use escalator .....

Just went for checkup... Baby at 2.216kg -35 weeks... I lost another 1 kg within 3 weeks...No sign of early delivery... Hope can 'dong' till Jan.. had strep B test today... Hope all will be well...finally bi-weekly appt.. Ladies, have a great weekend!!

Actually if gynae express no concern on mummy/baby's weight, just relax and enjoy your preg
happy.gif
If you are still concern, eat more durians :p

Mine is 2.2kg @ 33wks
happy.gif

Doremi, now I have to cut down... If bb keeps gaining 200 g per week, by full term may reach 3.7 kg...

I really have prob walking now cos too heavy... Gynae also commented 2.7 kg at 33 weeks a bit too big... Wonder if she will ask me to induce early

I'm glad to know that my GD diet is working well.. Baby growing but mummy losing weight... Now at 52kg.. And happy to know that baby hit 2kg... As long is over 2 kg, I'm ok liao cos 2kg is safe for delivery...

Ah Bui,
You also gg for c-sect? Me too and most likely at 38 weeks+ too. I'm not too concern about bb's weight cos gynae always says normal. So long healthy can liao. After bb out, can also beef bb up with breastmilk
happy.gif
7833177.gif

Siewz,
I dun have any fb group for baking. I usually take photo of my bakes and cooks and post on fb. I PM you my fb email
happy.gif

Fullhouse,
I also like small bb. Cuter according to hubby. Anyway his family gene is there. None of MIL's kid ever hit 3kg when birth.

Sunny: My gynae took some sample of my discharge ytd for testing. Mayb he explained but I forgot. Think is to chk any infection? Mine is nt heavy kind

Bbjoy
Yup all my hb's genes too. Though for us there isn't one in the extended family who is less than 3 kg. Both our families have big bbs of 3.5kg thereabout. But my hb is really smaller built cf his siblings and strange enough all our kids have his built ( including short legs, long body).

Baking/culinary buddies
Ah you know we just renovated and hb indulged in the kitchen for me! So I've finally got my steam combination oven as well as a conventional oven. It is really great!! Love it and it makes meal prep so much easier! I can even make mantou fresh in the morning (my thermomix!!) coz steam oven really does the job of steaming better than the stove or over the thermomix.

For those who are getting a new place and cooking, get a good oven! It's really useful:D

Sunny, clear or milky is normal. As long as no fishy or bread smell and no itch down under. I googled before.

Ctrus, the vaginal swap is to test for strep b infection and any other infection. Mine is going to be done at my week 36 appt. so 2 more weeks to go... :p

Shice, how did u know the percentile? My gynae measured today and he says my bb is not too big. At wk 34, only abt 2.1kg niah...

Snowger
You ask your gynae and he'll show you the chart. I asked mine and was told mine is 10th percentile. He isn't concerned coz she's 10th percentile right from the start... So growing nicely along the chart :D

Snowger, my gynae also never tell me about the percentile... He will say an estimated range of good weight before he does the U/S. He will frown on anything less or more than the range he had mentioned earlier on and the 'chanting' starts... Lol. He prefers small baby for natural delivery. So far, my baby's weight to him is good.

Hello mummies!!

Went for my Gynae checkup today.. Bb also small size 2.3kg only at 35 weeks.. I recall my number 1 was way bigger.. But I'm happy he's above 2 kg.. Just feel bad that my appetite for this pregnancy is really low cos I am getting nausea and vomitting now so really very difficult to eat much.. Gynae say it's ok though..

But I put on 1.3 kg from 2 weeks back... I wonder where that came from as I have been havin very poor appetite these 2 weeks and baby only gain 300 gram from 2 weeks back.. I hope it's water and not fats!!! Lol

Friends & snowger
my gynae also never tell me about percentile. I don't even know weight too. Gynae only said it's normal range. Only when too big, then he will warn during last tri. Like #1, he said hv to really control as #1 is above 3kg then ard 35wks. If nt, very hard to natural delivery.

Anyway, as long as healthy & safe delivery ok liao.

Snowger, there's a graph on the gynae's machine everytime I did my scan. Gynae raised the concern coz there's no weight gain for baby for 2 wks. Not really the case of which percentile the baby is at.

If baby is gaining weight consistently, there shouldn't be much concern whether which percentile ur baby is in. So mummies dun have to worry so much. Big or small baby can be healthy too.
happy.gif

Morning mummies!!

So dont feel like working today.. Sooooo tired.. Woke up every 2hrs for pee yest night, 1am, 3am, 5am.. Finally need wake up to get ready for work at 7am, don feel like getting up.. Yest when sitting on the bed looking at tummy (coz bb moved very vigourously yest).. Dono issit coz #1 kept toking non-stop or coz daddy bought a new tv!! Than c the tummy so scary!! The stretch marks are horrible!! For #1 onli a few marks at the sides.. Bt this time on all sides!! Even above n below belly button!! N is nt those normal stretch marks, it's reddish.. Like skin very thin n the reddish blood vessels seems to be popping out.. Any1 like tat? Issit coz tummy stretch till cannot stretch already??

The day b4 gt insomnia, and was running alot of things in my head.. Like still gt wat things need to prepare for bb, things to prepare if do full mth, things for #1 bdae celebration.. And counting down.. Still gt 1mth to go!! So fast!!!

Yawnzzz.. So tired... Monday blues...........

morning ladies!

just done with my checkup. i have gained 900grams since my last visit 2wks ago; bb is now 2.583g n 35cm long @34wks plus. dr paul says bb is of avg size.

I didnt slp well too, the pelvic bones are aching very badly despite hubby helped to massage. Felt pain esp when turning. Also woke up to pee.

Julie,
I also spent a sleepless night cos I woke at least 5 times to pee from 1-430am!! Baby was very active last night, moving from left to right etc. think all that activity was pressing in my bladder. Totally zombified today.

Re Sleepless nite; tell me about it! I also woke up a few times these few nites to pee.... And yesterday kept bathing and bathing... Weather so hot.... Wonder if I cld stick on my plan on not bathing for the first week of confinement. Very hard I think...

siew > hmm.. that, i am not sure. for me, my mom will go to the medical hall, asking the ppl there what confinement soup to cook. they will adv her what and how to cook, then she just get the ingredients from them.

my EDD 31/Jan..

Canopy: i ask doc b4 on size as in length of bb bt he say ultrasound screen nt big enuff for him to measure length.. Coz will split into 2 screens for whole body.. Gt such thing 1 meh? Haiz.. So everytime onli tell me weight.. Bt 2.5kg is a gd weight.. Cant wait for my next appt in 2wks time!! Will be meeting scbb pple then too..

Ctrus, LM, friends: yeah.. I everytime wanna turn the other side when slping alwaz need some strength to 'flip' the big tummy over. Bt lying on the right sometimes pain leh.. Dono issit coz lying on bb. N everytime i move tink bb angry, will kick like nobody business.. Esp when lying down, can feel the movements very high up! As high as juz below the breasts!! Tink tats the leg since bb is upside down already.. Dont rem feeling movements tat high up when preggy wif #1.. Such a weird feeling. Haha!!

Friends: not bathing for 1st wk onli? If u nt bathing than y nt the whole mth? For #1 i rem 2nd day i bath liao.. Cannot tahan being so oily.. Haha!!

Shice/Friends/fullhouse, my gynae's ultrasound has this measurement thingy which indicates the GA based on certain measurements - head circumference, adomen size and the length of the thigh bone which will calculate the estimated weight. My bb seems to be on the small side (GA is 32 weeks while I am in 34 weeks) since I didn't eat supper recently. I gained weight and only 200grms went to bb! *gasp!*

canopy, my bb seem to have slowed down in terms of growth. Her weight is only 2.1kg at 34 wks lor... :p Dr Tseng say "not too big". hahah! Dr Tseng manage to capture my bb's front profile on US... so cute de lor... :p

Friends, I also feel so "warm". THe minute I am done bathing, I already sticky liao. I really need the fan blowing straight at me!

Julie, I also get lots and lots of kicking when I lie down on my sides and on my back. perhaps not too comfortable? I realised I don't tend to toss much (if the fan is blowing at me and I don't feel warm).

Baby movements are mostly at the top portion of my bump and sometimes at the side (which is most prob the feet or knees). Gynae confirm that my bb head is below, body is on my left and the legs on my right. So yeah I get a lot of jabs on the right side of me when she starts kicking ard. :p

Julie, me 1 mth no bathing? Cannot lah... Sure can get PNB. 1 week still ok cos first 3 days in hospital and try to tahan another 4 days. Then after that everyday use the herb water to bath...

Snowger, I think being diagnosed with GD is a blessing in disguise for me. The wonder of following the diet plan strictly is that the weight really goes directly to the baby instead of the mummy. The recent weight gain of 800 grams of baby within 3 weeks and the lost of 1.2kg of my weight really made me feel so worthwhile and keep me motivated. I think your baby's weight is ok leh... Mine 2.2kg at 35 weeks so not much difference what.... Let's jiayou together!

Friends, I am actually ok - regardless of weight la. I small ma, so if bb is small at least i know the delivery will be quite easy. I forgot to ask my gynae if I still have Strep-B whether I can still do V-delivery. Any idea?

dun bath for 1 wk, I already suffering, dun bath for 1 mth, think I growing weed.

I told CL I dun wash hair 2-3 days, I really buai tahan, hv to endure for whole mth. So she told me can wash but after 2 weeks n using special formula. I love it!! citronelle & ginger hot water!!

But this time dunno can still stay waterless as #1 insist i bath her.....

sylvia, really uh? I hope so! :p I was tested positive for strep B quite early on. But I heard strep B comes on and off one. My next visit on wk 36, Dr will take swap for test again... Hopefully I will b cleared of that stupid Yeast infection oso!

Snowger, true... We r both petite and our kids r currently also XS... Lol... Cannot expect much hor. Me too. As long as it's above 2kg, I'm happy liao...

Sylvia is right. Just need to be on drip during delivery... I think I was on drip for my no 1 too...

Snowger > I had strep b for my #1 and delivered naturally. As what Sylvia said, will be put on antibiotics drip during delivery. Now for #2, already tested positive for strep b again, so same thing. Even if you are cleared of the strep b infection during your next visit, i think during delivery you will still need the antibio as a precaution.

Back