(2013/01) Jan 2013

aspialle, my MIL is also like that. But she knows that my hb is also not going to let her get away with it (i think my hb may have told her I actually wanted bb to go IFC cos there got routine).

Nickole, u drying it on ur own? I heard must sun it also before baking it?

snowger > ahh.. ok, thanks. I tried googling it, but am lost
sad.gif

sidetrack..
My boy went to PG for almost 2months, but on and off nv go cos
flu la, cough la, suspect HFM la..

Now my mil ask me to ask teacher why he come back so hungry (she go fetch him at 4.30pm)

Just now Snr teacher called and I just realize that everytime my MIL fetch him.
they either just wash their hands and about to eat tea break only, and also he didn't drink milk at all!
hai.. from 3.30pm wake up till 4plus eat nth that is why hungry la.. naughty boy, nv drink milk at all in school...

at home i spoonfeed him.. yes. he dont even accept a sip.
as at 27months old. two time feeding 150ml is it sufficent?

cheese, the consumption for toddlers should be taking between 500 to 600ml a day.
happy.gif
If ur boi takes other milk products, then falling below 500 is ok. E.g. yogurt, chesse, etc.

my gal after 2 YO was drinking 150 (after wake up) + 150 (before nap) +200ml (before zzz) = 500ml. But at CC, they usually don't give afternoon milk unless due to special reason (like PD say MUST take, etc). Her milk now is only 350ml la.

Shice> Re placenta. I wanted to eat during my no 1 time but no reply when I contacted the company that I found online to process it. So i gave up the idea in the end. Not willing to bake it in my oven leh... Wld prefer a company to process it into pills... Any lobang?

Julie> Like u, I am more happier to work. I cut short my maternity and returned to work during the 3rd mth for my no 1. Pei Fu and salute SAHM!

Snowger, no lah. my fren told me lah.. lol! she baked liao then grind leh. after that encapsulated and ready to eat.
i found the heavenlyhealth too.. haha..
millet and couscous to be cooked together with porridge, i supposed 17mth okd can take right? haha. cooking time same?

Friends, i m thinking if a few of us signed up together, will get cheaper rates anot. lol!

friends, I'm interested in heavenly health. will prob go to them if i decide to encapsulate my placenta.

nickole, my boy started to eat porridge w millet from 17 months. yes, same cooking time. But when i store in my thermal container for 1-2 hours, the millet disappear, i.e. cant see. I suppose it dissolve within the porridge. haha..

Shice, ya... the millet "dissolves" into the porridge just like cous cous will too.
happy.gif

I will ask hb see what he says... Maybe this sat I will ask my gynae see what he thinks abt taking the powder form of the placenta. *HAHA* i wonder what his reaction will be manz! if it makes me prettier and more radiant, I don't mind siah!

<font color="119911">In my previous antenatal class by Mrs Wong, she was saying that placenta consumption will also equate to consuming baby's poo and pee since all these processes/flows happen within the placenta as well. So, she don't recommend us spending money to process and consume it.</font>

placenta....
I know some company market their placenta from plant to be able to fight cancer and cancer patient after eating recover.

but human or animals dunno the same or nt. plus the processing and content same?

I buy those 五谷杂粮, there are 11 types including millet,etc.

it's better than eating white polished rice for kids ,etc.

There are powder form ones too. I bought from wet market - vegeterian store.

Snowger

rumoured eat placenta ( esp ur own) will help u pu all round, rejuv skin &amp; cell so u look younger and energetic.

but if nt progressed correctly, actually is more harmful.

Heard long long time ago.......... those concubines,etc ate to stay very young. Though Dowager Empress Cixi is famous of drinking breastmilk or rather latching even when she was 80+ to stay beautiful &amp; young.

:p

sylvia, talking about breastmilk. My MIL actually use my "expired" EBM to pat on her face (like SK-II miracle water). And guess what, the malaysian relatives and some of her friends commented that her skin looks smoother and fairer. Eh, so fellow mummies, if u got "spare" EBM can try uh... haha. :p

anyway u intend to eat ur own placenta?

snowger

wahahahaha!!

I know some mums who hv alot n expired even bath in it like the milk bath! LOL!!

No need spare ones... if u accidentally got leak, can apply, even rashes n nappy rashes on bb can use. &amp; bb latch n mouth around has, instead of wipe away can brush to the rash area. provided no bb's saliva.
:p

No lah... nt gng to eat my own placenta. Esp after I saw the whole big piece during delivery the last time. :p

sylvia, I gave my gal Cleopatra type of milk birth using my expired frozen EBM. It's really damn oily but her skin v smooth and white after soaking in it for 20 mins. haha! Left over EBM in the milk bottle oso can la. My MIL say sore eyes oso can drip into eyes.

snowger

next time u hv excess expired milk, can pass to me, I let 2 kids try!!

LOL!!

I heard the sore eyes... but really meh? wont the eyes b oily?

I heard from an ex col. that she use her BM to bake egg tart lo. LOL...

Talking about placenta, is'nt it gross to eat it? thou i did hear alot of the benefit of eating it. I shall speak to gynae and see what he says. haha...

By the way sidetrack abit, I need mummies advice. Do i need to buy nipple shield and nipple cream to standby? Do you apply nipple cream every time after BF to prevent sore? or wait until sore or crack then apply?

Averie, if u going to latch on then better get nipple cream..

Placenta
I made mine into pills for my #1, but I seldom eat.. Hahaha it costed me $100+... Anyway it will help in PND... My friend's hubby actually clean N bake and make into pills himself!
Anyone interested let me know I can try looking for the contact..

Averie

make egg tart???????? WAH!!!!!!

If 1st time, standby nipple cream. I find nipple shield no use. Only use once coz leak but find it v v uncomfortable.

I only apply when sore or crack as usually nipple cream r nt natural n no good if nb keep swallow it while bf.
Or u can use ur own bm as nipple cream when sore.

U can get avent nipple cream or get sample from lactation nurse,they hv but hv to persuade before they wanna give.

happy.gif

too bad I cant use nw though sore.:p

snowger > no leh.. for my case, my mom used my expired EBM to pat on face, but after that she had lots of pimples. Her face doesnt look whiter nor younger..
sad.gif
Somemore, The expired EBM stink lor.. hmm.. the smell was like very very very cheesy..

xinyue, maybe expired le, that's y not so effective? haha.. next time can use for foot bath. :p Last time, when i went overseas, i didn't want to bring back my ebm as it's only a 3 day period. So i just pump and consolidate thru the day for a milk bath. Very shiok. very smooth and moisturised skin after bath.

Eitrine,

Bonbebe's showroom at Tagore Lane.
U can look up at kidsloft.com.sg

They hv clearance for old designs which is v cheap.

Xinyue
maybe snowger's expired BM is only a few days old expired? plus what u ate n what she ate r diff too.

The warming up processing is diff?

happy.gif

Morning mummies!!

Wow, u guys alot of breastmilk hor? Mine was limited supply leh.. So much until can bath n do facial?!! Haha!! Hopefully this time can have more supply. My #1 i tink limited supply and i had to half half wif fm, cannot fully bf.. So sad.. Hopefully this time can.. Save $$!!

Was reading earlier posts.. U all gt reuse the nappy liner? I juz throw after each use leh.. Like very yucky leh if wash? Anywaz oso nt very ex rite.. Did a thorough recee yest.. If u all need to know retail prices of stuff let me know.. Haha!! Bt i onli took down prices for the stuff i need la, so if don have wat u wan, sorry!! Gonna go kiddy palace buy everything in dec. hubby say don wan go bb fair leh.. Coz everytime go bb fair alwaz super duper many pple n the prices oso nt much diff fm outside....

Julie, u got retail prices of what stuff? I'm looking for petpet (small) prices for the time being. haha.. So far, kim sang luvbabies is the cheapest.

Sylvia > expired EBM still have to warm up before using on face or for milk bath?? mine, if i remembered, is also few days old.. mayb..

Medela spare parts
Nickole and myself are consolidating orders for medela spare parts to see if we can get a better price. Pls send your list of items to Nickole by 5 Nov, next monday ya?

shice > i know for petpet small size, NTUC selling for $5.95 (32 pcs, up to 7kg). during promo, is 2 for $10.95.
NTUC also selling PetPet newborn size (36 pcs, up to 5kg) at $5.95. during promo, is 2 for $10.95.

how much is kim sang luvbabies selling?

Shice: pampers don have la.. Coz i use drypers for my ger, so no research for tat. Sorry!! Did research for avent bottles, breastpads, nappy liners, bm storage bags..

Nickole &amp; shice : which website should i look at to order for the medela spareparts? I have been going around singapore to look for the soft funnel but apparently they don't bring in anymore.

Canopy, softfit is discontinued, so thats y cant find from all the bps. the rest of the items, u can search thru bp since the items they have is all similar, like megababystore, littlethinkies.
if u all wants to get Medela nipple cream, we can get it together as well.. bottles, spare parts. we try to consolidate as much as possible to got more bargaining power!! LOL!!
happy.gif

Hello mummies!!

Wanted to ask anyone have experience with origins jamu massage or Jamu massage Singapore ? Can't decide between the two! And I'm super late Liao
happy.gif

nickole : oic, thanks, will look thru and give u my list. Thanks for collating.

Re : Outing

09 Nov Available - Can take leave on that day
16 Nov can't make it(Company Team Dinner)
23 Nov can't make it (Full day Training)
30 Nov Might be able to take leave

I am proposing another date which is next friday 09 Nov as I can take leave on that day.

julie, ic.. it's okay then. the rest of the stuff i will reuse from #1. heh. Thanks anyway!
happy.gif

canopy, there's a supplier in bulk purchase that still sell softfit funnel, but instead of the prev price of $22, they selling at ard $45 per pair.

xinyue, kim sang luvbabies selling $18 for 3 packs of S32. From what u have indicated, NTUC promo price is cheaper. Think i'll wait for the promo.

Thanks Nickole and Sylvia! for clarifying the breastshells and nipple shields. =P

I shd have stuff to buy from Medela also (just bought a 2nd hand set so will need to replace the consumables but havent went to look at it yet.. Will get that done over the weekend.. So much work to clear over the weekend too. sian ar..

Back