(2013/01) Jan 2013

7700500.jpg

my leg swell till like that at 28 weeks...slept with raised pillows but no use

celia once it swell , never return back to normal..i had this type of elephant foot during my no 1 but is one month before birth...now seems too early, have difficulty walking already

Hi mummies

Would like to join this thread. Having #2 edd 1jan. Can anybody recommend which dual breast pump is good? Last time I borrow from fren but recently heard pple saying actually we shld nt be sharing pump as any viruses like hep B can be passed thru the motor itself! Anybody aware? can share?

Rlrenn: reli? Never heard Of tat. Than if pple alwaz use already than sell or buy 2nd hand is considered sharing oso? Coz during my #1 i oso borrowed fm my cousin. Bt after each use will wash n sterilize.. So shd b ok?

LM my number 1 also look like boy.. Cos she looks exactly like daddy hahaha.. Like twin with daddy lol

Piscean.. I ordered iherb with a mummy from the forum spree and it came in less than a week..

Slyvia.. Since 5th month!! Bravo.. I already bua tahan.. Can't wait for next few weeks to pass faster.. Jialat I watch a lot of those hK drama action pack kind.. So my boy maybe next time can do karate hahhaa

Aspialle.. Take care.. The water retention looks quite bad.. Does it need medication?

Last wed felt breathless. Didnt think too much asFsume is common esp bb is bigger. Endure almost 3/4 day then called my gynae which clinic is closing soon. Hence went to see my coy panel doc at my office. The doc said I've irregular heartbeat and wanted to send me to A&E. I called my gynae again to seek his 2nd opinion. He asked me a few qns and booked me to see cardiologist the next day. Diagnosed tt my heart got an extra pathway (medical term is wolff parkinson white syndrome) hence heart palpitation. Did alot of tests but he couldn't do much nor prescribe medicine due to current pregnancy. He advised to rest if it happen again. Good thing is I'm at lower risk cos no family members died of sudden death. The cardiologist updated my gynae abt my condition and I'm pleased to hear tt my gynae had successfully delivered for mummies with this condition too. I'm looking fwd to my gynae chk-up this sat at week 29.

Hi Ladies,
I started having backache while sleeping since 4 days ago. I'll wake up in the middle of the night cos of the pain. If i lie on the left, left side will hurt, if lie on the right, right side will hurt. I'm currently in my 26weeks and i gained abt 6kg.

Anyone having same prob?
Do u know how to make it better?

Tigress, I love to try VBAC but my 1st pregnancy is quite close so I am wondering if I should take the risk..

Nickole, yea my first delivery is like urs very close to 2nd one. My no1 came out 16 months ago so very scared wound tear. Shall consider carefully and decide soon!

Hi all,

Low amniotic fluid
Had that for #2, but no matter how much water I drink, it I'd useless. Until my gynae recc fresh young coconut juice. One a day. And it worked wonders. I was nearly induced but came thru it.

Of course Chinese says 'liang'. But given a choice between it being cooling for the body and the dangers of low amniotic fluid, I'll go for the former.

Syyy, canopyhaze
Planning a meet up soon?

Hi Freesia

Gynae visiting every two weeks, thinks depend on ur gynae.
Cos I begin my every two weeks visiting since 24weeks.
Now, I'm 27 weeks.

i recalled reading some info on 3D/4D scan on this thread.. Anyone got that information? as in the centre that does it at 100+ or something?

TIA!

Julie, my 17mth old oso same lor. dun dare to go and play on his own. Last sat we brought him to the zoo and let him play at the water play area, he wants to play but dun dare to go over, and kept pulling daddy's pants. haha..

piscean33, i ever waited for iherbs things to arrive after 1 mth plus.

Aspialle, ur water rention looks bad.. drink more water.. ur body needs water, thats y it retains the water as u see.. i had this when i had #1 when i was in 2nd tri, but this time round, not so bad liao, thankfully!!

Take Care Ctrus!!

Iluvcookie, my gynae din wan to commit in telling me if i shld c-sect or try for VBAC, so i can decide later. usually my gynae will let me book for hospital ard 1 month before deliver. somemore during the last gynae visit, he said my baby in breech! haiz! if this notti boy dun turn in time, i confirm have to c-sect liao. :/
eagerly waiting for my next gynae check this Sat!

Happymum, i oso had problems sleeping at night. cos i m a back sleeper. so no matter if i sleep on my left, i will end up face up again. and this caused my backache. u can try putting a pillow on ur right, then use the pillow to tilt ur body to left, shld feel better.
happy.gif

Fullhouse,

I also read about coconut juice, like you said, between too 'liang' and low AF, I rather go for the former. Maybe can drink some heaty stuff to compensate. Haha.

One coconut a day and my mum will freak out. I have to drink secretly.

<font color="119911">Morning ladies!
Can't wait to see my girl this Friday at week31!
happy.gif

Anyone gg to Mrs Wong's breastfeeding class at SCGS today?</font>

Take care ctrus. Glad to know that your discover this in time.

I have been feeling breathless as well - this is a consistent feeling each time I hit around 30 to 32 weeks. So I think it is just the usual...

Morning all!!

Nickole: bt my ger already 32mths leh.. Still so timid.. Tink she sure alwaz bullied in sch.. Haha!! Zoo oso have waterplay area? Planning to go next yr, after cny.. Kinda celebration for my ger 3rd birthday oso..

Breathlessness: i onli feel tat when i walk up n down the stairs.. No matter how slow i walk.

Hi mummies... I back... hehehehe... How the long weekends?

@ canopy, have u bought ur boy to Great World City, The Amazonia? Nice but there were alot of kids as I went on fri (PH). Didnt want to disppoint my ger cos before that we bought her to The Grassroot club playroom but there was a bday event and she told us " I am a good girl, I want to go to play room to play"

@ snowger, 1 small cup is ok but I trying not to drink ... Yes, for me I be a sleeping fat worm if I dont drink.. whahahaha

@ piscean33, oic.. okok...heheh.. thanks gal = )

@ averie, must be careful ya cos our centre of gravity shifted due to preggy plus we are tired too so may lack of concentration at times..

@ wasabe, oh gosh.. Do take care of yourself.. Dont exert too much strength k..

@ Aspialle, can imagine how tough it is to walk now when the feets are so swollen..

@ ctrus, gal do take care and monitor ur condition k. rest well and if possible , dont exert urself too much..

ctrus, my sis oso got same. In fact she only one in the family with this condition and she only knew about it quite recently only.

Aspialle, ur swollen feet looks quite bad. Have you been taking enough fluids? Do drink as much as you can, yah? Do ask ur gynae abt it cos like a bit early to be so swollen? My mum use to help me massage for btr blood circulation. do avoid the area just below ur ankles (as that will cause contractions).

celia, i did a small research on warm/liang foods before. The juice is "liang" but the flesh is warm. So if you take both together, the coconut is actually neutral. I cannot rem which website I saw it from.
happy.gif
In my previous thread, a fellow mummy tried drinking lots of water but didn't help. So I guess coconut water is worth a shot!

Just outta meeting, damn sleepy!

Good morning to all!

Fullhouse : would love to meet the mummies here. I remembered someone last week have suggested a few dates.

Bliss : hey, so qiao! I was @great world city on last friday for Grocery shopping @ Cold Storage.

My cough has finally stopped after 5weeks! But my voice is still husky. I think my mucus plug has dropped, i saw a big piece while wiping after urine over the weekend.

canopyhaze, ur mucus plus dropped?! My neighbour was just warning me that I should quickly try to resolve my coughing. Cos it may induce an early delivery... I seeing Dr Tseng this saturday so will ask him if there is anything I can take. My GP gave me anti-b cos of my greenish phelgm but I didn't dare to take.

Freesia, I was told by my gynae most probably I will see him every 8 to 10 days after my next visit in mid Nov. By then I will be in week 32.

Chinlee, me too feeling breathless at time...guess u r right...should b normal.

Val, for me my next visit is on wk 30. If I not wrong, he will see me in another 4 wks (34 wks). Then aft that is every 2 weeks (so will be 36,38,40). :p

Morning ladies!!

Sleeping position.. How about using a pillow to support the back when lying on one side.. So it doesn't strain the body? I'm also having body aches due to always bed resting but find that using pillow or bolster helps abit.. How I wish I can do a prenatal massage !

<font color="119911">canopy, if it's really mucus plug that has dropped out, think you had better be careful and try not to walk too much!</font>

Snowger

yes drinking is liang, so must eat the meat as it's heaty to balance up.

Cant eat any heaty stuff to counter the cooling of the coconut juice.

Water retention....... is it due too high salt content? Read somewhere on salt content resulting water retention.

I heard soak feet in warm ginger water ( boil water with ginger) helps.

Nov outing,

- 16 Nov (Fri) = My child's cc is closed so may not make it

- 23 Nov (Fri) = Ok, for me as of now

- 30 Nov (Fri) = My child's cc is closed so may not make it

Canopyhaze - do you have to see Gynae for the mucus plug ?

Snowger - On coughing, if yours is irritating cough can consider using an inhaler puff to open airways.. My Gynae say it goes into the lungs directly and less enter bloodstream hence less impact to baby..of course check with your Gynae better.. I was on antibiotics earlier on to get rid of cough, no choice as I was coughing for 2-3 months and those very serious kind

Sylvia, last weekend I drink one. And I ate the flesh - HO HO HO! shiok leh. :p

wasabe, it is not the irritating one. Got inhaler to melt the mucus or not? but lucky is i try to cough out mucus la but at the expense of almost vomiting (Haha!). I cough until back starting to ache liao - chamz... now is "guan water time".

Nov Outing

You gals add on if you can make it ya?

16 Nov (Fri)
= Bliss Ling (Tentative - cc closed so may not make it)
= Snowger

23 Nov (Fri)
= Bliss Ling
= Snowger
= Sylvia

30 Nov (Fri)
= Bliss Ling (Tentative - cc closed so may not make it)
= Snowger
= Sylvia

canopyhaze.. ya be careful if your muscus plug is out then chances of labour is coming!! That's one of the tell tales signs of labour wor!

aspialle, your water rentention looks bad... perhaps drink more water!!

Yes, I also find it hard to sleep nowadays!! BUt I think I can sleep better on my back... but can't right... so I use a pillow to prevent myself frm lying flat down!! haha

hi hi the new mummies who just join us, Wasabe and rlenn!!

tres, it's not cannot sleep on the back. i slept on my back for #1 as it was comfortable that way. Is just that the tummy gets bigger, it moves upwards and we might have trouble breathing since the big tummy compresses our stomach and airway together...

But I agree, with one bolster (to hug) and one long cushion (for the back). Sleeping on the side would be easier. I actually sleep a little more than sideways, with a bit of my back facing upwards (squish the tummy a bit) but got the fluid la so baby won't be flatten. :p

aspialle,

agreed with some of the mummies here. read before from baby center that drinking more water actually helps to prevent water retention, so you can try that.

snowger,
I also would prefer sleeping on my back cos sleeping on sides always end up numb in the middle of the night. nowadays also end up change position halfway to sit up then can continue to sleep. the aches and numbs are quite bad, need hubby to massage my back abt 10 min before I can get off the bed every morning. I had tried maternity sleeping pillow, bolosters, wedge end up all also help levitate the aches a while only but without them i think i cannot sleep at all.

coconut water,
I am so looking forward to be able to drink coconut water soon. I always love to drink fresh coconut and eat the flesh but my mum forbids me to drink until 1 month before EDD cos she says too 'liang'. So can only wait till neck long long...
but i googled before actually many mothers like ang mos and indians they actually start drinking fresh coconuts since first trimester to ease morning sickness. so i also dunno whether our mothers' theory abt 'liang' is accurate anot.

snow : Dr Tseng will give you duss-toss for the cough, he gave that to me the last time.

LDG/wasabe/tres: yes, i really think it was the mucus plug as it is a big chunk of gluey yellowish mucus. Been walking lesser. Going to check with dr tseng this sat during my checkup.
I don't feel anything different, and i have done research online, it is common to have it dropped.

aspialle, it must be so uncomfortable to move around.. but hang on! It's all worth it at the end =)

nickole, oh man dont worry still got time for bb to move to right position! heard talking to bb helps. my gynae told me because my dilation was VERY slow for 1st del, so most prob 2nd del also same..so he already dropped a hint to ask me to consider carefully. But i am more scared that wound will tear tho. anyway maybe it's C-sec for me in the end *_*

canopy, I will ask him for it if my cough doesn't go away anytime soon. In the meantime, I'm taking GP's meds for the cough.

Outing timing should be lunch onwards so that most mummies can just take 1/2 day off instead of full day.
happy.gif

nickole, usually the head down is determined at wk 34-35 onwards unless ur bb size is especially big. I was told that even if bb head down v early on, bb can still flip around to breach cos there is still plenty of space for movement. the exception is when bb is head down and engaged then really no chance to turn around liao.
happy.gif

@ canopy, mucus plug??? Must check with Dr Tseng and ask him k.. Btw, did u took any picture of the plug? If yes, can show him too..

I was at Great world between 1.15-4.30pm.. My gal enjoyed herself with her dad @ Amazonia ..hehehe... I was resting there..

@ Sylvia, my hub is having exams the next day before he fly of to BKK with his buddy.. So if I bring my gal to outing, he will have to be there cos nw I hardly can catch up with my gal..

Outing,
Will see which date most mummies opt for and will try to make it..

julie, mucus plug like the name suggest actually seals up the cervix. The cervix is the opening to where the womb area where ur baby is actually growing in. It's called a "mucus plug" cos when it comes out, it is really like mucus and it's quite strechy and thick.

The purpose of the mucus plug is to keep infections away from the amniotic sac and the baby.
happy.gif
So if you do bedroom activities while preggy, the sperms will never come in contact with the sac/baby and of cos hb's P will never be poking on baby. *LOL!*

Snowger, haha.. cos i saw quite many of u all mentioned baby head down liao. and my #1 was very guai, headed down very early and he stayed that day till delivery. but too bad i had to c-sect due to my low placenta! and yes, engaged liao then cannot turn liao. but now better dun turn too much, i m scared of the umbilical cord ard the neck :S

oh ya.. my hb told me when his fren's wife delivered, then baby head white white, the gynae blamed it on the sperms!! lol!!!

Back