(2013/01) Jan 2013

Morning all!! Didnt have cramps yest!! Woohoo!! Mayb coz i snatched the blanket fm hubby.. Bt onli covered feet coz so hot!!

Shice: don stretch so uncomfy leh.. And its a natural reaction. Yest after stretching than realised opps! Bt lucky no cramps.

Hi all, I've been a long time silent reader. Afraid to join because last time I joined June 12 and later had miscarriage last December.

My EDD: 1 Jan 2013
Hospital: KKH

My EDD and hospital are same as Dragontail, so wonder who is your gynea, maybe we saw each before ;).

About leg cramps, when you have it just pull your foot toward you and it will stop immediately, someone taught me and it really works. So, when having cramps your leg is like this ===/, then you do ===\.

welcome Chloe!
I will try your method! yesterday night i had slight cramp.. i just pull my blanket and put it underneath my leg.. lol, it works too.

had a pillowtalk with my two year old son yesterday.. he suddenly saw my hand and arms with injuries and he touch it and kiss both places.. aww... nv fail to melt me!

Then kiss my face and tummy before sleeping.
^_^ Brighten my day!

@ cheese, hehehe... mummy's boy is the sweetest.. No matter how many sleepless night we go thru, it still worthwhile ..

@ canopy, nice to meet the mummies.. Lets have another outing before popping..

yst was out for gynae checkup. Waitied for few hrs, i fell asleep on sofa in clinic..

My bb is 1.5kg at 28 weeks which is 2 weeks ahead of the current preggy date. oh gosh, must cut down on pototoes.. I have craving and been eating it everyday. He told me that if bb big then will have difficult in delivery especially natural birth whereas the shoulder cant come out then some gynaes may dislocate the shoulder.. Ouch!!!.. It painful to think of it so i better be good.. Hub is worry and he controling my diet nw.

yes bliss_ling, at times super naughty but lil things he do nv fail to melt me,thank god for giving me this boy, I hope mei mei can do this to his daddy, to keep him bz! haha.

hai, you need to control diet, and I can eat all I can cos baby is at a normal range my doc always say.. during my 28weeks is 1000gram, then my date push back 10days le...

bliss : Me & Hammie went for kopi @ Dome after the breakie and we left ard 12.15pm before she went to pick up your child in cc and i went to meet for my friends for lunch.

Chloe & dragon : welcome onboard!

Chloe Le, my hubby did tat for me whenever I hav leg cramp. Really stop immediately.

Such a coincidence. Hehee... I don hav gynea. I'm in clinic C. Saving money cos in tight budget.
happy.gif

@ cheese, yes am afraid so will really had to control my urge of eating potatoes and durians..

@ canopy, wow... nice.. The clinic lady told me to go down at 11.30am and in then end guess what time i saw my gynae...??? 3.30pm.. oh gosh.. lucky in between we went down to HTC service centre to repair my hp then back to gyane again.. still many ppl so i end up on sofa , dozing off.. whahahahah

Cheese: yeah so sweet!! My ger did the same thing the other day. Coz i fell down n gt bruise on my knee. She saw n asked pain? I said ya, fell down. Suddenly she kissed my knee!! So sweet!!!

My last visit at the beginning of this mth at 27wks bb was 1kg, i tot like so small, bt doc say average. Coz 1st preg total gain was 12kg.. Bt wif onli 2 more mths to go, i've already gained 10kg!! N stomach is much bigger than 1st preg. Mayb all the weight is to me, nt to bb.. Oh no!!! Will c how much weight bb have gained at my next gynae visit next wk..

Chin, during my first one, there were 2 cancer family mbr for me to run abt, thus it's tougher.. No worries I had been "polished" thru struggles.

Chloe who is ur gynae?

Cheese and Julie, my boy also insisted kissing on my forehead when he saw a big red pimple... He thot the redness is an injured spot. Lol. But he made me angry an hr later lah... Terrible 2... Sometimes sweet sometimes demanding and hot temper..

Bliss, my gynae also warned me about the dislocated shoulder thingy and asked me to control my diet... Anyway, if the size is unsuitable for natural delivery, I will opt for csect without further consideration. Baby's well being is more important than my ideal birth plan...

Today is my 30 weeks! Only 10 weeks left! My last lap.... Can't wait siah.....

Friends: yup, its such a rollercoaster ride on emotions wif a toddler in the house. 1 moment they make u boil, 1 moment they make u smile.. Counting fm my last visit, it shd b wk 30 for me too.. Bt i don wan bb to come out too soon.. Havent gotten anything ready at all.. Thinking of taking care of a newborn n a toddler, think liao oso scared.. Chaos..

Nickole: yup, heard tat over the radio yest too.. Tink better b safe than sorry.. Cannot eat chips for the next 2mths.. Bt the report no say bread?

Julie, yes.. "Acrylamide is a chemical produced naturally in food as a result of cooking starch-rich food at high temperatures, such as when baking or frying.
It has been found in a wide range of home-cooked and processed foods including chips, bread and coffee."

Oh... Lucky i onli eat bread the most once or twice a wk.. No more chips then.. N i dont drink coffee.. Bt present in tea oso rite? Tot can once a day.. Coz i like bubble tea, bt controlling myself to the most once every 2wks.. Coz like very fattening.. Haha!!

My long weekend started today cos I'm down with flu! Too many sick ppl in the office sigh... Doc says I better stay away from office and no air con.. I'm sweating like mad now.. Wonder how i'm going to survive confinement!

elp mum, take care. Nowadays weather changing v fast. Last few days very cold nites and last nite changed to very hot. Hubby say the end of the world coming in Dec 2012 mah. Touchwood wor!!

Elp_mum: tat time when sick gynae did say it's ok to take the norm flu meds or panadol. but even if he say no aircon think i wont listen la... i super scared hot.. even during my last confinement i oso cannot tahan, muz bath at least once a day n fan n aircon all... my mum oso cannot do anything.. coz i told her i sweating like hell!!!

Dragontail: i guess drinking in moderation shd b ok? i buy soyabean whenever i can before work. Drank it almost everyday for my #1 and she came out very fair!! dono issit due to the soyabean or issit coz i myself oso very fair one.. haha!!

dragontail... me too.. drink kopi c daily and my #1 came out fair! hahaha

huh? your hb also think so... my FIL was telling us abt end of the world happening on 22/12. Read up on line, sounds scary lor!

Julie - thanks! I ate the yellow pill for flu and it totally knocked me out... No air con cos the dry air makes me cough... I don't want to develop a cough so I better listen to advice!

I think I will bathe during confinement too....

elp_mum, yellow pill is for cold (anti-histamine) and that is the safest med for colds.
happy.gif
So is ok to take if you dont want to see a doc to get medication.

tres/Nikole, I drink tea everyday. As for bread, i thought that's the most universal thing that people around the world eat? Especially in European countries, their staples are usually pastry/bread based. But their babies are not really small?

Dragontail, I also want to save but I'm not local so cannot. I see my gynea in TPS, clinic D and sometimes in clinic B.

aspialle, my gynea is TC Tan, he is fast, every appointment is less than 5 minutes, but he is quite nice, even answer my question by email.

Oh, now I know why I gain a lot but baby is small, I eat bread or biscuits everyday! Haiz, so now have to think what to eat for breakfast.

tres, yup scary. Don knw whether it will really come. I think it will but not so soon lah. We humans are the on creating the troubles. Shld still hav few 100 yrs to go.

@ nickole, yes we should have another outing..

Dear mummies, which date u all are able to make it in Nov/ Dec?

After that we will ballot for the venue = )

GD,
I went for the test ytd and I also have it!! Supposed to control diet for one week then do the home blood test and submit my results to gynae. Hopefully if I'm good about the diet I won't have to have jabs etc.

Friends,
Yah I already eat a lot of bread so I don't think it's the processed bread that affects bb size? In fact mine is 1.3kg now, on the large side. Same as #1 who was 1.4 at the same numberof weeks.

Bliss_ling, for my #1, I also drink tea everyday. She was not super active inside nor is she hyperactive now. In fact currently my #2 seems more active than my #1. :p I read online that due to caffine in tea and coffee, babies may tend to be born w low birth weight thou.

thanks snowger, a relieve for me cos i need tea to substain my energy.. Didnt slept well all nights cos pee in wee hrs and having dreams... morning very shag...

Re: Maternity
Still thinking abt it.. Maybe take 2 weeks to spend more time with my gal.

For my HR dept, if take earlier before popping, then i need to clear ML at 1 short..

I prefer to take 12 weeks of ML then another 4 weeks to be taken when the needs arise. My coy allow the balance of ML to be taken within 6 months after back from 12 weeks of ML...

If can i thinking to ask gynae for HL .. not sure it can be done..

My edd is 14Jan, I still have 13days of annual leave left, If i start to clear my annual leave from 24Dec, then my actual Maternity leave will only kick in on 13Jan, then i will come back on 13May if i take full 16wks.

I will start ML once I deliver. Oh ya, hav to clear annual leave hor. OMG, then when shld I start??? My EDD 1 Jan. I take annual leave on last wk of Dec. Then if I deliver early my annual leave will be wasted. Headache!

snowger, haha. that's y i say got logic meh? then cannot eat bread then how? i eat bread everyday lor! my boy came out at week 37+6days, weighing 2.97kg. consider small?

my mil said she had soya bean drink during she had my bil but he came out still not so fair. so she bo chup, drink coffee for her #2 and #3, but they came out fair. haha.. so no logic again. lol!

But talking abt caffeine and chips, then i believe lor. haha..

I'll take ML ard EDD too... Taking annual leave on and off in Dec... It's low season then so work won't be that taxing.. Just that I have to climb to third floor everyday...
My colleagues were encouraging me to save my leave an use them when baby comes,, just in case I want to spend more time with baby. No point clearing all the leave before EDD since ill be at home doing nothing and will be bored. Makes sense cos I'll be home for a month for confinement, so why confine ourselves so early? Haha...
But it's diff for some of you who have another child at home, if its my #2, I'll take a break earlier and spend more time with #1.

I can't bring forward my leave as our co policy is to bring only 5 days but must consume by end March, so i must clear all my leave by yr end.
I can't afford to be outta office for so long as i have target to meet, if take my maternity leave later, i will have difficulties catching up my sales targets as i will only have 6mths left for next yr to chiong the numbers.

Back