(2013/01) Jan 2013

Wahaha canopy and snowger, envy both of u still can *ahem* haha... I dun dare leh cos I scared later got milk leak...is it true it would cause contraction?

wow just out for a meeting and so many posts!
I love to watch Discovery Home and Health too! After watching all the shows labour doesn't sound too scary.. kind of seen all the things that may happen. I love it when they have baby week - it was just about 2 weeks ago when they had Baby Week so every night my eyes are glued to the channel watching away!

Hope I can watch lots of TV during confinement / ML too!

Baby movements - my baby kicks, rolls, turns, and sometimes pulls (I will tell her not to play with the cord). And she will kick hubby's cheeks whenever he talks to her.
happy.gif

Was driving hm juz now n tot of u guys saying ur tummy touching the steering wheel.. Mine like still far leh.. Bout the length of ifon screen. Mayb my tummy nt tat big after all.. Haha!!

Aspialle, i envy canopy... Cos i'm deprived! Lolz! Gal, yr swollen legs really look bad n i would see gynae asap or call to ask. U stand a lot?

Jialat, woke uP by my boy at 5+am n can't get back to sleep till now. Think can prepare to go work soon le.

The forum is getting more exciting! So many posts everyday. Only happen during the period when I'm so busy at work. Argh..

Canopyhaze, u very happening! Haha.. I haven done for like a couple of weeks le. Coz too clumsy n feel so fat.

Aspialle, maybe can consider taking leave every now n then to rest at home? Understand that it's super difficult to walk w such swollen feet. My fren also had swollen feet like from 5th month. And she had no choice but to wear slippers to work. It swell all the way till delivery.

Re: driving
I'm still driving once or twice every week. Bo bian, have to send my boy to shichida class every week. But prob I'm quite tall, so no prob driving till delivery. Just very uncomfy with the seat belt. Now is one hand drive, another hand hold down the seat belt. Lol. Lucky this car is auto. Used to drive manual when I'm preggie w #1.

Re: gynae checkup freq
Gg for checkup later to see the little one. Will check on the freq n share w u all. But for the last 2 checkups, I'm already seeing gynae every 3wks. Now should be wk 30 or 31. Will be confirm my csec date today too.
happy.gif

Snowger and shice, i resigned after pregnant, knowing from no 1 that it would be diff... So I'm losing my ml and all.. I walk a lot going marketing , sending son to class... Guess need to handover to my maid to do it soon

Morning mummies !!

Aspialle - take care and walk with care

Mummies, I woke up suddenly realizing that I forgot about cord blood banking for my second baby lol... Anyone with 2nd child still bankIng cord blood..? I did bank for my first one but now considering for 2nd one as pretty ex le

My friend told me her cord blood donation for her 2 kids all not successful. Due to low in cell count. Sg cord blood bank told her when she register to donate for her 2nd child. And tat person say if never receive a call from cord blood bank and receive a thank you card after delivery means not successful. So for her 2nd child she also nvr receive any call and she received a thank you card.

I also hav another friend who told me she very happy to receive a call from cord blood bank tat her boy's cord blood is ready to save lifes. Meaning its successful.

So wat if I store my cord blood. Will they tell me my cord blood is of good quality for future use or low in cell count so store liao also no use in future?? Worried if they nvr tell us and I will be wasting money on something of no used at all.

@ snowger, hhehehe... Mine also full term 40 weeks baby.. well, lets wait for canopy to tell us whether is ther any white white thing on bb head ... whahahahaaa

@ aspialle, oh mine, ur feets are very very swollen... try to rest as much as possible..

@ Shice, u still go into the class with ur boy? After first lesson @ Shichida, i cant manage my gal so hubby is taking over it as of now.

Went for Parent Education course, found it good and hubby is trying to do the "talk" after she sleeps eg, telling her to be good and do forgive daddy and mummy if we have hurt her by saying things that shouldnt be meant to be spoken.

Tmr, we goin for Parent Home Guidance session, so most prob we will know what to buy to practise at home with her. My gal told us " I want to do hmwork" (Shichida worksheets), so dad did 1-2 sheets with her.

We decided to stay put in the prog to access her further cos initially we thought her learning method is no thru flash cards but after PEC, hub said lets give it a try and dont judge her 1st.

What have u bought after session? 63 dots cards??

After confinement
well, if there is mother/mil who helps to take care of bb, what is the arrangement like in the hse?

Eg, morning We take care then after mother/mil (like rotating shift) cos it the best time to rest

Hi morning mummies...

Swollen feet
I had it very bad for my #1 too. Started swelling from 6.5 months to the end, my feet increased 4 sizes! This time round, feet also just starting to swell a little when I walk a lot but hopefully won't be as bad cos' I didn't put on as much weight.

Aspialle > Actually nothing much can be done about it. Just drink more water, rest more, elevate your feet. And think your gynae will monitor your blood pressure closely cos' swelling + high bp are signs of pre-eclampsia. Oh, old folks' tale is that when the swelling suddenly subsides, means labour is coming soon. It was quite true for my #1
happy.gif

Cord blood donation
Dragontail > I think you are referring to public donation to SCBB; it's free. I donated my #1's to SCBB but only received thank you card after that with no call. Means that they couldn't store it successfully. If successful, they will call us to check on mummy's and baby's health after delivery etc. I intend to try donating my #2's cord blood to SCBB too; will call them when I reach 32 weeks.

Hi mummies

Did you attend prenatal class / childbirth education? Is it good? Where you attend? Care to share the experience?

Thank you

Shice: i'm oso goin for gynae check later!! So thou don feel like working today oso nvm.. Coz think of goin off early for gynae appt, time pass very fast de!!

Dragontail: can donate cord blood? Coz i don do the banking.. So ex leh.. If can donate y nt? Don waste.. How to donate huh?

Bliss: after confinement will be me, myself and me!! Haha!! Coz i staying at in-laws place, and my in-laws bochup 1.. They bochup my ger, when she was newborn last time.. So i doubt they will chup #2.. The most i tink they will juz c c look look when free, bt don tink will take care.. Lucky my ger in cc, so at least daytime onli me n newborn, so shd b ok.. It's juz the night time tat's a challenge.. Scared newborn keep crying will keep my ger awake..

Haiza: SCBB? I'll check it out later..

Lookingforward: i attended prenatal when i had my #1.. My hubby had alot of fun playing with the baby doll. Haha!! Learnt bout delivery, bathing bb, taking care of bb, foods to avoid n take, prenatal exercises.. Attended thro TMC coz delivered at TMC for #1. I guess if it's #1, mayb still ok to attend if reli everything oso dono. Bt if #2 onwards than no need coz more or less u know already. Like the things learnt bout delivery, like wat u shd do blah blah, during delivery totally forgot everything maybe coz i'm nt a theory person. Haha!! Bt gd bonding session wif hubby..

dragontail, I donated my #1's cordblood. I did receive "Thank you" card from SCBB. Hubby got a call from SCBB when my gal was 6 month old and another call when my gal turned a year old. I remember asking the SCBB staff if it is true that if u receive the card, the cord blood is not banked. She said "no". I will be donating my #2's cordblood again. But I agree with you, when the private cordblood banking is done, I do not think they will bother counting to see if there is sufficient cells to make the storage viable or worth the while.

Julie, you will need to speak with ur gynae to tell him that you wish to donate ur baby's cordblood. Anytime after Wk 32 to before labour, you can contact SCBB to donate the cordblood.
happy.gif

Here is an para i took from SCBB's website:
The expectant parent's decision to donate their baby's umbilical cord blood should be done between 32 weeks of gestation and before going into labour.

When you have decided to donate cord blood to save a life, you should discuss the donation with the attending Obstetrician and Gynaecologist (ObGyn). After the discussion with the ObGyn, contact SCBB at 6394-5011 or email [email protected] to complete the Cord Blood Donation Process before delivery.

Driving: I have been driving this two weeks cos hb on reservist. It's such a pleasure to drive cos there is lesser walking to do! :p

haiza, I knw SCBB is free. I mean if I decided to store instead of donating. Will I know its of gd quality?? I don wan a case of touch wood I wan to use but end up low cell cound so cannot use. Also means money wasted on storing usable cord blood.

Heard success rate only 50%. Tats quite low to me. Meaning if I store, there is 50% chance its bad quality cord blood. Waste money man! And its so ex to store.

Julie, yup, if u r not storing, so best to donate and save lifes. Don wan something so gd, can safe lifes and best part is won't cos any pain to both us and bb to go into the rubbish bin. Jus call Singapore cord blood bank when u r 32 wks. They will send a staff to meet u at a convinient place for u to sign the forms.

I'm still thinking whether to spend money to store or to donate. Worried is I store, whether its gd quality ones.

bliss > For my #1, my mom helped to take care. So arrangement was like this - mom came over in the morning, helped bathe bb. I will feed baby, attend to bb when he cries. She will do the daily household chores + cooking. I solely take care of bb. Mom will go home in evening. Thereafter, i will also take care of bb.. I think this round, my mom will look after #1 + bathe bb. Then I will feed baby, attend to bb when he cries + also need to remember to give some attention to #1.

Maid to handle household chores + cooking.

Looking forward > attended prenatal class for #1. would say it is informative as it gives u an idea of what to expect when baby comes. Most 1st time parents will attend it, some 2nd or more time parents attend too (it is more of a refresher course for them)

but personally, i felt that.. theory and practical is totaly different..

Dragon tail I recall for my number 1 that the company said they will store only if there is minimum cell count met. If not met, they will charge you only admin fee (I can't remember how much think is few hundred).. I banked with Cordlife for number 1

@ Julie, mine also bochap #1 but now for #2, i not sure but guess will chap this time round..

@ xinyue, our own mother helping us is the best, can talk to her easily.. I can forseen the difficulties ahead from mil who will "complain" that she needs to quit her job whereas I "dont" fully let her take over bb the whole day etcc...

Good morning ladies!

Aspialle : Your feet very swollen leh. Maybe try to drink lesser liquid and reduce your salt intake>?

Snow/Shice/Bliss : Walua, don't envy la, i am sure you ladies will get loads of sex after delivery
happy.gif

Feeling lucky today, will go & buy Toto since this thursday's price got 3Million :p

I have been having scares for the past few days. I almost slipped & fell a few times for since Monday, now hubby asks me to wear super low flats. Damn ugly! Argghhh

yes im donating my #2 too.
Thanks for reminding, will write email to them and meet up with the staff. I rem they say baby cordblood can save life and they even called and tell me the good news. Am very happy to know that.

bliss > my personal suggestion -> pls have a backup plan. From my experience with #1, when i Was still preggy, MIL said she will help take care of #1. Nearing delivery date, no mentioning of such.. End up, just 1 week before I went back to work, she said she prefers to continue working as more 'freedom'.

Did ur mom say anything on helping u to take care of #2?

looking forward > ops, forgot to share what i learnt there..

for the mother > learnt about our diets before and after birth, exercises to do before birth, breathing techniques during labour (which i totally forgotten about it during labour)

for the baby > how to bathe bb, taking care of them, feeding routine (rough guide), bb needs, sterilisng of bb's bottles and stuffs, bb's development, breastfeeding

for the father > mother's emotional needs/well-being, helping with the labour, helping to massage the mother when she is aching, helping with the baby

for both mother n father > there is a video on labour, what are the changes to be expected after bb arrives (like physical needs of both parties, financial aspects, emotional aspects)

aiyo.. there is no lesson on the emotional needs/wellbeing of the father!

Bliss/ snowger

#1 born EDD also head white white though we din do .

Think like what snowger shared is normal thing, maybe a natural reaction of the amino?

xinyue,
that's what I heard on the class. as all bb diff n hv to do n decide/react accordingly, nt with what they share.

Wrongly latch issue:
This is what I learnt from experience. The lactation nurse will tell u, latch wrongly pull out and try again. But then will make bb angry coz who will like their food to be snatch esp hungry. Then I read if pull out forcefully, will be more sore and painful which is no good for both mum who will give up nor the bb as cant feed and cry hard, so make both upset.

Then I read from another source that actually even latch wrongly, just let bb continue as it will still promo demand , though might nt be as much as latch correctly. But bb will learn to latch correctly as practice make perfect. & if nt full, when bb release suction, then try again, then both wont feel bad mood.

xinyue

there is a group on father's emo and well being now leh.

can ask ur hb to go n attend. Mostly fathers sharing their experience.

sylvia > yup, have to decide/react accordingly. the class is more of a guide..

i thought the white white thingy from bb is the protective layer to protect bb's skin from the aminotic fluid?

wrongly latch issue > aiyo.. i learnt from the class that, we just have to stick our small finger (the last finger) into bb's mouth to break the suction. then bring bb away from breast and try to latch again..

for me, though bb latch wrongly, i still let bb continue, till i got sore and bleeding nipple. then i express milk out (while waiting for nipple to recover). thereafter, just continue to latch bb. and finally, managed to get it right!

breastfeeding is no easy feat for new mommies, i felt.

My mum helping me at home. So roster is like, I take night shift for baby and my mum will take the morning shift. But as I wanna be full breast feeding *crossing fingers* that I will be successful, I guess I will take over all shift, except for bathing baby, entertaining time, I take my sleep I guess.

TOTO!!! If only I can win a portion of it, hahahah, recently, 1 person strike 1st price. Sibei shiok lo!!!

Cord banking - I din do for my #1, #2 was with Stemcord and still paying yearly, but for #3, tot of donating but dunno how to go about it. Heard from some other online forum that if you donate, then *touch wood* if in the event you need it, they will give you priority, not sure is it true not? I probably call Stemcord later to find out more. Then I will update here
happy.gif

Can't wait for my Bali trip this coming end Nov, then maybe can happening like Canopy hahahahahahha.....i only got mood maybe once a month or twice, otherwise, my sleep is more precious :p

I just bought the Mother Nature something organic herbal tea online from FB, some mummies letting go and I heard the feedback for it is good. Hopefully for #3 the supply will be many many many, save $ on milk powder.

I wanna be pro breastfeeding!! Hope so la hahaah, I even prepare to use the Medela, never use before this brand, bought storage milk bags, bought this tea, it better work... must have determination i guess. Hopefully i won't be sleep deprived.

This is the milk tea I am referring to. For those who want to be pro bfing, can try. My first time trying too hopefully it will be better than Fenugreek because Fenugreek din help for me...

BTW, if those on FB can join this group called "Buzzy Tots Exchange Group Corner". Many great deals at lower price, some pre loved some new. For those on budget can get some stuff from there. I got my Tea, nappy liners, bumbo seat from there too
happy.gif
7707686.jpg

thanks all

celia, i tried wearing at night but next morning the swell looks as bad...

my next gynae visit is 9 nov..during my no 1, gynae also never say much abt swelling.

cord blood : i donated for #1, i received the thank you card. i din noe abt the receive thank u card means cannot use the blood. i called up SCBB a few months later and asked abt it and they checked and said the cells is not enuff to store..
sad.gif

for #2, i will donate again.
for those if u interested, can contact them. they will send someone to come and 'interview' u, fill in some forms regarding to family background and health history.
http://www.scbb.com.sg/contactus/Pages/Home.aspx

As for driving, i m still driving occasionally when my hb goes overseas for work. else very tiring to take bus to work. i m lazy to walk even during not preggy. lol! i m oso very short. have to pull the seat in front else cannot reach the pedal! but tummy still haven reach steering wheel yet.. so will continue to drive till deliver.. haha..

Shice, u can get seat belt clips so that u dun have to hold down the sealt belt while driving. else cheaper alternative will be using normal paper clips, those big big black colour type, just clip it loose. i used to do that on passenger seat. haha.. but dunnoe where my hubby 'throw' the clip now. cannot find. haha..

Bliss, my mother looks after my boy and will be looking after #2 too. i will take over when i knock off. of cos she still helps around when my boy feeding time and shower time before we bring him home at night.

Jan, haha.. i oso wan to pro bf.. lol! i want to latch more!! fenugreek din help for me too. instead it decrease my supply!! sobs** and despite i m bf-ding, my menses still come zun zun every month and that makes my ss drop even further!
sad.gif

Nickole - heheheh that's the prob with us short legs for drivers... I also push until near near otherwise cannot reach la..:p

The cord blood right only from SCBB? I wanna call Stemcord and ask them since I put #2 in there.

Nickole, you may want to try the TEA, heard so many good feedback about it and my friend pro bf, also encouraged me to take this tea instead of fenugreek which can cause constipation. Fenugreek I take liao...also decreased my supply ^5. I guess because I din drink much water too so this time round...I tell myself, i buy so many things for motivation already, DIE DIE must succeed.

Shice - I am using the belt clip too because the seat belt is really irritating on my neck and tummy area. But my hubby told me that have to make sure is look like tight on the above part then loose at the below part is ok, otherwise TP will catch de.

Can I bank my baby's cord blood with a public cord blood bank?

When you donate your baby’s cord blood to a public bank, it may be used for research or by someone else. It is important for parents to understand that not all donated samples are banked. This same discipline applies to a normal blood donation drive that not everybody is suitable for blood donation. A rejection from the public banks could be based on family medical history, maternal medical history, collection volume, and examination of the maternal blood sample.

If autologous cells are not available, or cannot be used, stem cells from a relative (preferably a sibling) are usually the next best treatment option. Unrelated cord blood puts the patient at a much greater risk of developing potentially fatal GVHD. Related cord blood also reduces the risk that the transplant sample may harbor genetic problems that could cause disease in the recipient because of the family's prior knowledge of their genetic history.

Cord blood cells, being less mature than adult stem cells, have a higher likelihood of being a suitable HLA match between siblings as compared to only a slim chance for bone marrow. Public banks can ensure an adequate sample for transplant but not the best or most preferred sample. Families that personally bank their baby's cord blood stem cells have the assurance and security of the closest match for either child or family member, without fear of not finding a match.

Jan: u goin bali? Still can go? I went genting early this mth, tat time gynae already ask me can dont go nt? Haha!!

Wrongly latch issue: yes, juz put a finger at the corner of bb mouth than will come out by itself.. If wrongly latch pls don leave it, coz will cause nipple sore. Try to open bb mouth big n cup the whole nipple in.. Quite successful for my #1 coz onli had nipple sore when juz delivered. After the lactating nurse taught me the right way (thou learnt at prenatal class bt forgot bout it after delivery). Didnt take any herbs and breastfed for 6half mths. Nt bad liao, compared to my frenz.. Bt i gt a collegue, her #2 is bout 2halfyrs old, she's still pumping!! Super powerful.. Some other collegues disturb say is pump for her hubby drink, nt for her kids.. Haha!!!

Jan: i used medala pump for my #1.. Borrowed fm my cousin.. Nt bad, very idiot proof. Bt bad thing is she dono where she kept it liao.. Hopefully she can find so i no need go buy!!!

xinyue

I go find for u. Coz one of the founders who's a dad share. But I forgot details

:p

Yes, will hv sore nipples but really depends on the bb. Nt easy for worth it for bb well being

About the little finger theory, I think is a std guide. But nt all bb will feel happy. I bleed initially, but after a while will change back to wrong latch!! LOL!!

Back