(2013/01) Jan 2013

just wondering...
where are u mummies getting ur maternity wear? i'm like rotating my work attire/clothes so often now cos so limited choice to wear!

piyoz, thanks. i m thinking of getting a thermal flask. heehee. see if there's any good offers.
happy.gif

too bad, OG dun carry NUK stuff. i din see any at OG Albert complex.
so for baby bottles, i think i get during those expo babyfairs
happy.gif

Hammiebao, my appt on Sat is at 4pm. i prefer go late afternoon cos wont have to wait for very long. haha.

Shice, pls help to add in my details in the table as well. thanks
happy.gif

Averie, i prefer to get a light weight stroller, so that at least if one hand carry baby, one hand u still can open/close stroller. haha..

Hey ladies, i m not sure if u know there r some groups in fb that ppl sell off their baby stuff. some things are brand new, some in good conditions, and prices are usually cheaper than what they bought. so can go see see. like those clothes, toys, cloth diapers, bumwear, some of them bought but din use, end up sell off cheaply.

Shice, Cheong Choon is the one with Winnie is it? They sell a lot of products!! Carry major brands like Capella, combi and maclaren stroller. Just look for winnie, then must bargain kind. Just say "I always buy from you one, give a good price la"

Friends, Wah, you have the exact address of that queen st store? I go so many times, never notice the unit no. Always busy digging for good buys.

Cheese, they sell the normal hankies ... Mao Mao kind, single colour. The kind babies always use.

Jo, bugis, near that Juan yin Miao, just outside OG Albert has this shop that sells cheap maternity. CARRANO. Has a branch in Toa Payoh too. Looks like any neighborhood clothes shop, need to look carefully to see that they sell maternity. Have maternity dresses suitable for office. Got maternity jeans too.

Suntec will carry the more exp, but of course nicer maternity wear.

Snowger, yes, I agree button front better. The neck very soft at few weeks. Button front easier to manage. I gay kiang buy those kimono tie strings ones. Each top has 3 pairs of strings to tie. End up so diff to tie, took very long, baby get impatient, cry before he got dress. Buttons still work best.

nickole, can which fb groups you are refering to? I have no idea at all ^^

Thanks to all ladies who share the shop names. It's very useful.

Piyoz, my friends always ask me for the shop address so I keep one namecard...

Jo, re Maternity wears. I buy 2nd hand ones from WTS thread and baggy Korean tops from Gmarket. I can't wear my pre preg office wear liao..... Either too tight or too short...

bliss, yes can control if it's a boy. but will prob spend more money on toys. haha..

Piyoz, rgd the colour, can choose blue, yellow and white. I got request before. For Cheong Choon, i dunno abt Winnie. But i got bedsheets and some stuff there before. They got sell play mats, safety gates, etc. Usually cheaper, but u have to compare urself. Can try to nego. I like to go that shop whenever i need middle-big item stuffs.
happy.gif

snowger, yes, they have infant tops only. Got button type and kimono tie string type. I recommend button coz the string may be abit dangerous for the babies. Btw wat i suggest is in a pkg form, not the loose pcs that Friends mentioned.

nickole, ur details are already in the table. Somewhere at the bottom coz it's arranged by EDD.
happy.gif

snowger,

yes, cloth diaper really o_O trying to change and then have to wash. i surrender and rather use disposable diaper.

Same as u, I only choose front open button or kimono type as I feel the the small head to go thru romper , they will struggle. open can wear and apply cream, at least dun get cold too.

Hi5 on the tic as I still thinking to go or nt. ex leh. why all have to choose to perform in MBS. Wat happ to esplanade n kallang theatre?

piyoz

what time and date is mister maker? I saw it somewhere but cant rem the date & time.
:p

Eh... I tot kimono type faster leh. button more time spent to button all. if nt, it's the clip button which is v fast.

Can I know Queen st store has covered pants?
Coz I look ard all v ex.

I only bought camisole /singlets for #1. So nt sure wat else they hv.

Sylvia, yes. but i only have "buzzy tots" and "prelove and bn baby stuff".. haha.
Lish, Slyvia posted some links. a word of caution, just beware if u r buying things which cost a big sum of money. anyway, its all the same if u r buying things online when u din see seller. lol. so just take note yah!

Shice, i din see my name wor. heehee. thanks!

Nickole,
think will self collect to chk items coz shld be ok. Of course, there are honest n scam deals, so hv to check.

Oh!!
I forgot to add... in AMK, near to Jubilee, there's a old store selling cheap bb clothes n items too. It's next to the kopitiam opposite the polyclinic

Sylvia, mister maker show at plaza singapura 15 and 16 sep. timing think is 1pm and 3pm. Can like Cbeebies Asia page. They have details on their FB page.

Ya, the AMK shop has quite a good range. Near the tip top curry puffs.

Shice, can help me update the next time you are doing updating?
EDD 19 jan 13
Baby BOY
happy.gif

nickole, weird. anyway it's updated on my spreadsheet i will post again on thurs.
happy.gif

piyoz, noted the change in edd as well as baby boy!
happy.gif

sylvia, when u mean covered pants, does it means the feet is covered too? but i know they got sell short and long pants.

Personally I find the AMK shop quite exp leh! Hahaha I went once and didn't bother to go back...

My friend say Mothercare send all the clearance left over stock to sell at KK mothercare so there always have discounted items, those who going KK can check it out...

I like rompers and onesis from Mothercare, good quality and comfy, stocked up some for my friend during their sales in March, now thinking to keep for my #2.. Haha

Nickole, I think this sat sure wait very long cos Dr Kee just came back from holiday... I just changed my appointment to morning.. Haha but I was told afternoon less crowded...

Hi Shice,
Could I trouble you to update for me as well please? I'm syyy (#37), and it's a boy
happy.gif
We'll probably name him Elliot.

Thanks very much!
happy.gif

On Diapers
I bought a carton of goo.n diapers from www.diapers.com.sg. I like that it's thin (for the hot weather in sg) and absorbent.

piyoz,

tks! I go chk it out! #1 loves mister maker.

shice,
ya.. the feet covered pants, easy to keep the feet warm instead of sock that might come out, esp when they are older. think I hv to go n take a look.
happy.gif
Tks!!

For Goo.n diapers, sometime can get better deal from Gmarket...

I ordered 4 packs last week at $86, it is bigger pack 90pieces for NB and 86pieces for S size, Japan version. that was during promotion, now the promotion ended have to look out for it...

Hi gals, I have gotten a reponse from Medela. Servicing comes at a fee.
happy.gif

Re servicing of Medela PISA:

Thank you for making Medela your choice to breastfeeding needs.

We are pleased to direct you to our Medela Service Centre for parts,
accessories and servicing your breastpump. Medela Service Centre.

No.81 Toh Guan Road East,
#03-01 Secom Centre
Singapore 608606
Tel: 6562 6298
Opening Hours: 9am to 5.30pm (Mon-Fri, pls avoid lunch time: 12.30pm to 2pm,
except Public Holiday & Sun) 9am to 12noon (Sat)

For non-warranty Medela breastpump, servicing fee is applied. US pump is not
covered with the local warranty.

Service fee: PISA $100.00 (w/o warranty) $50.00 w/ warranty.

Shice

Thanks for the updating of the baby's gender and thanks for remembering mine! Hehee.

Wah Syyy, so fast u bought diapers oledy? Hahaa

Celia, if got really cheap and good deals can grab.
happy.gif
NB sized diapers are confirm not cheap lor - not to mention the rate of changing them is *faints*. Diapers generally not cheap, lucky i got my parents who have been sponsoring my gal's diapers (they hate it when I buy cheaper brands like dryper - cos they are Mamy Poko fans). But seriously, Mamy Poko is really good and I love they can absorb pee pee thru the night. Dryper can leak if bb peeeeesssss way too much.

Bliss_Ling, I calculated... $240 to bring my gal go watch Hi5. a bit steep leh. See how ba. They are only here this week right? I dun think I got time to go during weekdays...
sad.gif

Shice, I forgot how variable teats work if its faster. But my colleague uses it to feed thicker liquids. So my guess is it should be. I should try on my gal first. :p

Clothes @ Qn Street: I am looking for those 1/2 dozen pcs type but I only wan the top. Cos bottoms all still ok - no stain. :p See how la, I gotta go and take stock and see how "bad" they are. But dunno when I should start digging...

sylvia, any reason why you want the covered toes? I have a few pcs that I bot during @ Robinson during their sales - those that they have in "carts". I find they generally don't last that long. When the child grows longer, the whole pc cannot wear. Long pants still can "cheat" a bit... I usually let my gal wear w socks. ;)

Snowger, do u mean the promotion may not come back anytime? I am overseas now, only thinking of buying in Dec when I return Singapore. Skali no more good deals then.... sob sob..

Celia, it depends. Sometimes, I think the baby fairs or supermarkets have promotions for certain brands of diapers. (the only good news is NB sizes are usually not on offer) ;p but for some of the brands like Goon, I think they have offer on and off? And if G-market has, it can be at a cheaper price on a longer term basis.

RE: Diapers
Talking about diapers, anyone knows if we can still call to order Nepia diapers??? I remember 5-7 yrs ago I did that by ordering a box of 4 each time & they will deliver for free. It's good & soft like pampers but cheaper than pampers.

RE: Weight Gain
Don't think I put on much weight. Lost 1-2kg in 1st trim n put back those 1-2 kg now in 2nd trim. Anyone still have MS / nausea? I'm still getting it on & off especially during dinner time. V sian. Last 2 pregnancies was much better.

Shice, no worries.. thanks lots
happy.gif

Hammiebao, ya lor. i was just telling my hb last nite, this Sat confirm crowded cos Dr Kee just came back from holiday, and practically slot everyone into Sat. so sure wait very long lor. somemore the appt time i got oredi got someone sharing the same timing! haiz!

Snowger, thanks for the Medela reply.
Same here, i dun wan to buy footed long pants cos can only last a short while, long pants can last longer then wear socks. but then again, my notti boy now kept pulling off his socks even while sleeping. i only let him wear socks if we sleep in aircon occasionally, cos we dun on aircon every nite.

nickole, you welcome.
happy.gif

If wanna wear socks should start from very young then make it a habit. I started my gal on botties then went to socks (never a day wo something on her feet until when she was older - started to run out of sizes to buy). I'm starting to do it for my gal again cos recently she keep suffering from cough. I somehow have a feeling that keeping feet while warm in sleep is btr for their health (lesser colds & coughs)? ;p

My boy also wear covered long pants when sleeping till 6 mths old.. Mil very particular about baby catching cold at night so my boy is always in long sleeves and pants. Don't like socks cos loose will drop off or tight will create a line on the ankle.

friends, ur boy leg must be chubby chubby... my gal dun have this problem... :p but i prefer not to let my gal wear long sleeves unless in aircon... cos she will SWEAT like siao in the midle of the night then make super lot of noise and flip ard in bed trying to stay cool...

friends, ur boy leg must be chubby chubby... my gal dun have this problem... :p but i prefer not to let my gal wear long sleeves unless in aircon... cos she will SWEAT like siao in the midle of the night then make super lot of noise and flip ard in bed trying to stay cool...

Snowger, no leh. My boy is the underweight type; never exceed the 10 percentile
sad.gif
But he never once fell sick before he turned 1 yr old so I'm convinced by my mil's theory.

Friends, same same!!! My gal is at the 5 percentile or lower range lor... :/ Tried all methods but guess she is just on the small and thin side. Not a bad thing for girl i guess.
happy.gif

I let my gal wear short sleeves with long pants to zzz. Recently got socks... haha she hates it. sometimes in the AM, she will be sock-less... haha

@ snowger, for Hi 5 think they are in for this week performance.

My ger dont like to wear long sleeves thou in aircon, another thing was I tried to let her wear socks and she can tug and pulled on the socks in wee hrs, making noises..

My ger has already been in short sleeve and long pant while zzz in aircon room.. She refuses banket too.. faint

haha.. i think small kids dun like socks! my boy had been pulling off his socks even when he was a few months old. so thats y he dun wear socks every nite. he will kick away the blanket too.. i think have to use sleeping bag to cover him. else he will be kicking everything off his feet!!

bliss_ling, ur ger is very KIAT! she can tahan the aircon in short sleeves!

Nickole, my gal oso no like blanket. usually by morning, it's on the floor or at the foot of the bed. :p

snowger

will buy 3-6/6-9 and start wear fm newborn. LOL!!
coz if wear sock, will pull out.

Mine like bliss wear short sleeve n short , sometimes i make noise will wear long pants in air con. When young will take out while sleeping after 4mth, eyes closed and complained if cant take out. So covered pants , wont complain. :p

Think the other thing was when #1 was newborn, the temp during the night dropped til like 18-20deg C, so covered pants are good.

BTW, went scan today
Update on sex of bb : boy.

I think in previous post, there was a mum selling her Goo.N size S at $15 per pack.

Can go n dig her email add if anyone keen.

Hi Ladies

Checking if anyone like me having sleepless nite and also having the urge to pee frequently especially in the middle of the nite
sad.gif

@ snowger, ya lor... heheee

@ valerie, it has been very common for me since 1st trim so always a zombie at work then have to drink tea to substain energy.

@ sylvia, congrats = )

good morning ladies!!!

Valerie : Like bliss, I have been feeling that since 1st tri, peeing a few times at nite is a norm to me liao.
happy.gif

Wow.. is like a week i did not log in and find back my post is so hard. haha..

Had detailed scan last mon 3 sep and after triple confimation, i still have to accept that my 2nd still a Boy!! haha.. i been telling myself maybe is his finger when gynae told me is a boy. But after the scan, i have to face it that is a BOY! LOL.. Anyway healthy most impt i will still love him as much as the elder one. He is weighing at 325g in 20weeks. Everything turn good. i m relieved too.
happy.gif

@ annie(azqtigger): Monday before i went for detail scan i have spotting agn!! twice this time round.. and gynae told me to have good rest and happen to spotting agn need to go back agn cos he say afraid might lead to premature birth!! Cross Finger*

@Shice: Haha good u can eat alot.. i eat as usual but more alittle bit only..
happy.gif

@valerie:Nice meeting u here.. probably we have seen each other b4! haha.. i will have to place deposit on my next visit which is 4oct!! O nv heard of this herbal package. Beta dont take the risk to sign up. Wa ya girl is really lucky.. tio $3K somemore. haha.. yr HB bet alot too. hehe..

@Bliss_ling: wa we have the same EDD date. haha.. ya if both us happen to be same date he will be v v busy. Wonder if same timing how eh? haha.. yours will be natural birth?

@yiping: i haven go n see the TB spree.. i can just let u know the item anytime?
happy.gif

Morning mummies,

I have a question here, I have my scan (my gynae told me is detailed scan) this Tuesday, done by my gynae. She checked the organs of the baby, measuring her head, hand size, everything completed around 10-15mins. I did not received any report or the details of the baby after that.

So I would like to know what did
you mummy received after the detailed scan and what did
they check on the baby. Do your need to pay for the detailed scan? Cos she did not charge me.
Thank you!

Ling: I tot frequent urinate at nite only occur in 1st & last trim?? now i m in my 2nd trim and tot i can hv good rest.......me too hv been drinking teh see kosong every morning. My recent checkup, Dr Lim highlighted that I must cut down on sweet thing...he mentioned that my fluid is too much at this point of time....Sigh!! Though I'm not diabetic but he caution me I might get gestational diabetes if i dont control my sugar level as my mum was a diabetic patient. Its more like genetic for my case
sad.gif

Valerie, frequent Urinate is common thru out pregnancy cos your bladder is being pressed by placenta and baby.. Not necessary only 1st trim.. But should be better in 2nd trim compared to 1st trim.. But it all depends on individual as every pregnancy is different

Valerie,

I have to wake up every single night to pee. During the first trimester, it's frequent peeing + sleeplessness + frustration (mang zang). The sleepless nights got better in my second trimester.

Ling, I think it depends on the position of the baby. If the fetus is siting near the bladder, you will always feel the urge to pee (even if it's at night). So far I usually wake up once in the middle of the night to pee. cos if tahan no pee cannot slip properly. :p

valerie, teh see kosong no sugar should be ok? I am also controling sweet stuff. If you do take lots of fruits and carbo, they are also considered "sugars" - just a different form (in fruits is glucose,sucrose. In carbo, is starch convert to sugars). What ur gynae mean by "fluid is too much"? My gynae warned me during my 1st preg, cos the urine test stick got a bit of sugar detected... :p

piano912, for most of the mommies here, I think we did it at TMC's fetal assesment clinic. The cost is about $100 over (exact figure not sure cos I took it as a package with OSCAR - an earlier scan). Probably because we pay so they will generate 2 sets of reports - one for gynae to keep and another for us to bring home.
happy.gif

The detailed scan is conducted by the sonographer. The list of things (I can think of) that the sonographer looks out for and went thru with us:
1) measure bb's head circumference
2) measure bb's limps (hands and legs)
3) check bb's spines (left side and right for alignment)
4) ensure that the bb's brains are ok (look out for brain split into 2 parts and has this black square box in the middle. measurement of the black square to make sure the fluid there is average - too much no good)
5) check bb's heart (chk bb heart rate, got one side in flow and one side outflow. the heart valves are working)
6) check bb's kidneys (to make sure there are 2. and that they are filled with fluid means functioning?)
7) check bb's umbilical cord (to ensure that there is blood flow dual direction in and out)
8) check position of placenta (to see if it's low or blocking the cervix)
9) make sure bb got 2 legs, 5 toes on each feet
10) make sure bb got 2 hands, 5 fingers on each hand
11) make sure bb has facial features (measure nose, make sure can see the area above the lips and the mouth)
12) GENDER!!! (yah if u wanna know)

Back