(2013/01) Jan 2013

@ sweetdream, my edd shifted to 18 Jan 13.. Dr Lim will be busy if we both happen to deliver on edd.. hehehe

@ Valerie, wow... that very good.. Lucky baby = )

@ Shice, #49 my Edd changed to 18 Jan 13. Name: Kyler .. Thanks alot = )

Averie: I engaged Origins jamu for post-natal massage for my boy. You have their latest package details? I don't mind taking up the buddy promo with you. I'll drop you a PM.

annie, you are right. I prefer to give my gals the english name first (that is easily pronouced) so that they will use it. Instead of giving them a free reign to pick some "queer" english name when they grow older... Lolz! :p But it's a bit wasted to give them a good chinese name when they will be addressed by their english name by almost everyone. What I heard is that if you believe that your life is affected by the name, it will be affected by the name which people usually call you by. so seriously I dunno why I still bother paying $$$ to give a good chinese name when I know she will only use it when writing out her full name. LOL!

Nikole, is there any baby fair in Oct? Got details? I need to buy Avent teats for my gal... Lol coming 4 but I lazy to wean her from milk bottle. :p I remember self-weaning when I was in kindy. It was one day I told my aunt (Who took care of me and my sisters) "i wan to drink milk from a cup". My aunt was really suprised but happy by my offer.

I bought cloth diapers for my #1 too, but only used it till my boy turned 1 YO. He's now on disposable diapers 100% of the time. I used the Happy Heinys brand.

Actually, cloth diapers is not bad, especially when your baby has diaper rash. Or sometimes when his disposable diapers is full but it is near to bath time, i'll change him into cloth diapers for a while first so that i don't waste a disposable.

The bad thing abt cloth diapers is you need to change his diapers more often compared to disposables. Even though these cloth diapers can hold more than the traditional white cloth diapers, but still have to change more frequently compared to the disposables. And my mum who takes care of my boy finds it a hassle to use cloth diapers coz it needs washing!

snowger, ur ger still drinking from milk bottle? would the flow be too slow for her? coz i actually cut the teat abit bigger for my boy but he keep biting the teat (maybe teething or mouth itchy) until the small cut tear into a big hole. End up replacing new teats for him over the last weekend.

Snowger, shice: my boy is 5 still drinking from the milk bottle. But he promised he will drink from cup once baby arrives... Hmmm.... Girl 4 yr old, still insists on milk from the bottle too.

PIGEON 20% discount - at kiddy palace. Stock up on the Y teats.

Cloth diapers - agree with Freesia that cloth diapers is good for relief of diaper rash. Also, easy to monitor if baby is urining enough times during the day. Put cloth diapers on and leave baby on water proof floor mat, so that cleaning up is easier.

Nikole - oct fair have small small world? I need to get their floor mat. My existing one a lot of holes already. Used to buy from their BP here. But seems that they have stopped their promotion to motherhood forum.

snowger: me too.. paying to find a good Chinese name for my boy. Actually i have a Chinese name in mind for my #2 but still will let pple see see if match wif his date and timing.

Freesia: i use those traditional white cloth diapers for my #1 but i find he has disturb sleep all the time and alot of work for the caregiver.. washing and changing!!! But now got helper dink will let my #2 use bcos it's cheaper..

piscean33, have sent you a private msg abt buying together..

happybirthday, you dont accept private msg. Can i have your email to correspond with? Mine: [email protected]. I tried to order your link but it cant work. Can you send me an email and then, i can follow up with some links on taobao for you?

My appetite is increasing tremendously! Very scary. Fast approaching 6kg of weight gain which i think is too fast. =(

Piyoz: your kid is using y teat? How old is he / she now? My boy went from S to M to L teats but never Y, so I wonder when is Y used??

Teat,
I cut the hole in teat which is bigger for her to drink.. Mine is 26 months old. The hole is so big which no need suck, can see thru the hole..

Was looking at the Carters' website, for girls clothing there are more to buy but for boys, not much..

anyone knows where to buy cheap affordable button down tops/rompers for babies? need to stock up for daily wear at home.

is it true that bb can change up to 5 times daily??

Canopy, that means u really controlled diet well to gain so little! I think I drank too much ribena/juice/milk, although my meal portions are little, still gained so much.

Snowger, my #1 stopped drinking milk fr bottle only when she's 7yo. Then she stopped milk totally (only like milk fr bottle).

bliss, try old navy or gap. they have more girl's clothings i think.

teat
I cut mine too but my boy keep pouring the milk out and he doesn't lie still to drink. Likes to try to pour the milk out. Very frustrating. He's abt 17 months. Day time I let him drink via straw cup. Night time bottle, but my bedsheet have to change every week coz every night sure got some spilled milk.

Freesia, Y is for 6, 7 months onwards. Was using L for them, but milk kept leaking out the moment the bottle topples. So friend recommend Y. Cut is shape of Y on the teat, so will close when not sucked. Hole will be big enough for milk flow when kids are sucking. #1 5, #2 is 4, both using Y teats since around one year old.

Xycartx, there is the shop at bugis opp the guan yin temple. Wholesale for baby clothes and towels etc. very old shop run by old couple. Have basics w buttons or strings. Sell them in packs of 12, I think. Near the toilet. On the left side if you are back facing the temple. Cheap and good. But only cash terms.

Yes, possible to change 5 times... Cos they vomit milk, some times urine leak out. Good to have some change of clothes. Handkerchief good to stock up too.

thanks piyoz!! shall go n check the place out and start to stock up on clothes, towels and hankies! tops and bottoms are fine... i thk really nd to prepare alot at home if bb need to change so often so value for money is the key!
happy.gif

Thanks shice.. my order during spree for my gal can go on and on and have to remind myself not to buy so many and yet now when it come to #2 turn, I can sit there looking at website.. whahaaa...

Xycartx, but the babies grow up up really quickly, don't stock up too much too. Wash daily, the pieces are small, dries easily. I survive with 20 pieces of cloth diapers, tops and bottoms maybe around 5 - 10 each. If have hand me downs from friends and relatives will be good too.

piyoz
thks for the "guide" on no of clothes neede.
btw 20 pcs cloth diapers use tgt w those disposable diaperse izzit?

Hammiebao, haha.. so qiao.. maybe i might bump into u during one of the gynae visits.. heehee.. i m going for gynae visit this Sat. what time is ur detailed scan? mine is at 3pm.

Snowger, Piyoz, yes thats a "baby market" on Oct at Expo Hall 4b from 5th-7th October 2012
http://www.babymarket.com.sg/
Basically, i very auntie nowadays, keep liking all those pages in fb, so will be informed of any babyfairs and such.. haha..

Snowger, i m not sure if small small world will be there anot, since i saw them over the last weekend fair. but then again, most of the time, they will go for every fair. haha.. can try. from the list i see, there will be bumper playmat. Most big brands will be there. i shld have waited to go in Oct instead of yesterday. waste time! haha..

Xycartx, can buy bigger sizes, dun get too much same sizes, some cutting small, so can only last for awhile only. or wait to see if any friends or relatives have any hand-me-down can save quite abit of money too. have to get some booties and mittens too.
happy.gif

Piyoz, is the OG fair over yet? or until when?

Shice,
The next time u r updating pls help me update.
I'm #80 on the list.
Edd 29th jan
Dr Adelina Wong
TMC
Boy

Thx!

Talking abt weight gain during pregancy. I just weighed last Thursday at my gynae clinic. Before pregancy I weighed 55kg and now in week 22, my weight is 55.4kg. I think I have lost some weight in 1st trimester due to morning sickness. For me, almost all my pregnancies I gain only 5 to 7kg in total.

the shop that piyoz recommend is good. I get most of the infant clothes there. With towels, hankies, mittens and diaper cloth. But my diaper cloth is used for baby's head to lie on or sleep on as they will sometimes puke abit of milk if never burp properly. Now upgraded to bath towel when my son is older. Coz thinner, easier to dry.

Bliss, control!! hahaha.. I limit myself 5 pcs of gai gai clothes before she's born. Must make sure she wear my #1 son's infant clothes first. haha..

Jos, l3x, noted your updates. Will reflect in the next posting. Dun intend to post every day to flood this thread.
happy.gif

l3x, how is Dr Adelina? Also on TMC L6 right? I'm with Dr Yvonne. Everytime go toilet for urine test, also see so many pple at Dr Adelina's clinic. very curious.. Is she very popular? heh..

Cloth Diapers: I tried using it (the traditional ones) when I was on ML. I almost wanted to go mad. Cos my dotter was crying evertime she wee (even if it is a little bit) on the cloth diaper. So I ended up changing almost every 1/2 hr or less. Haha cannot take the washing!!!
sad.gif

shice, yah she still using milk bottles (using the Avent 4?). I do think that it's getting too slow for her cos sometimes she take soooooo long to finish. I want to change her to cup but in the am, I got no time for her to take 15 mins to drink milk from cup! I think Avent has one for variable flow, my colleague buys this to feed her boys when she adds cereal into their milk bottle. Havent try this for my gal... see how bah.

Instead of cutting the teat, I know some mommies actually use needles to poke more holes instead of cutting. Cause if they bite, it might break off more easily...

Shice, yah.. She's quite popular too n have to wait quite awhile for appt. she was my gynae for #1 too, good stitching so stick with her although TMC very far for me. Very pleasant n comforting lady.

Pigeon teat:
My 2yo+ boy has been using the L teat for some time since 1.5 yo. Somehow the Y teat's flow is not fast enough for him - he will drink till the teat is sucked into the bottle! With L teat he also finishes his milk faster. But now that he is older, he getting more chao kuan - will not fniish his milk, and will tell me "dun want, not nice!" aiyoh!

Haha, I hv been stocking up on teats for both #1 and #2 coz the new Peristaltic Plus teats are way more ex than the current ones! For wide neck pice increased from $6.90 to $8.90 (before any discount).

OG sale:
Most brands on 20% off, including Pigeon. Medela 15% off. Not too sure when the discount will end, but promo for OG card is till end Oct 2012 w $75 spend in a day.

Aiyo hear you all said about cloth diaper I also cannot make up my mind whether to buy the cloth diaper bumwear or not because is not cheap lo. HAii... Maybe I buy half a dozen to try out first. If I don't go mad then buy more. Haha...

I also went to the fair empty handled because hubby said too early to buy. He said wait until 'my hand can rest on tummy' then buy. Haha... I walk around looking at stroller. Joolz stroller look good loh. But ex. After discount also need $1.5K. Is it worth to invest on a expensive stroller??? But it really look cool loh... The stroller 4 wheel drive and still got suspension. If I am a baby sitting in it, I think will have the feeling like sitting in a BMW. The other one which I like is Quinny Moodd.

Freesia: I just turn on my PM. Sorry didn't realized my PM has been always off. I have drop you a PM

Jos: Yesterday i was researching online to search for good jamu and I came across reading review of Origins Jamu which seems to be good. I am first time MTB, so no idea good or no good but I don't mind giving it try since the price seems reasonable.

Averie, if u got a helped to help washin the diaper cloths then u can consider, else I think too much work! I tried something similar to Bum wear for one day! And that's it!

Nickole, I'm going for my visit this sat too! Hahaha my detailed scan at 11am...

Hi Shice, here's my detail. Thanks for updating.
#61 on the list
EDD 21 Jan
Dr Adelina Wong / TMC
BB #1
Boy - Kaleb

I have been down for the last 2 weeks with shingles...it is a painful experience. Went to my GP but he dare not give me any medicine although my gynae says that is suitable for preggy. So I just have to bear with the pain lo...

Just went for my detailed scan today. Everything is good and my baby weigh 300g @ 20wks. The sonographer also very nice. She let me see my baby first before taking all the measurement. Baby refused to let us see his face although we keeping poking him. But so happy to see him playing inside...

Shice/Lin: I heard from my friends that Dr Adelina Wong is one of the best female gynae. You have to wait at least 30-45min even you have an appt.

Jo, I used 20 pieces of diapers for day time use. Night time will use disposable diapers. Mamy poko is good. Can last thru whole night. Breathable, so bum don't get diaper rash so easily too.

Nikole, OG is their annual sale, not specific baby fair. But shd be able to find some cheap deals.

Shice, you go that shop too? Apparently very old but very reputable shop. Even my MIL also patronise them when she gave birth!!!!

Averie, my take is no need to pay too much for stroller. Some babies may not like strollers. My #1 only wanted to be sling, will scream if we put him in stroller. End up only used less than 5 times over 2 years.

Shice, ^5! Like u, I have been telling myself can only get 5 sets of new clothes for mei mei... Kor Kor got a lot of very new ones so must really recycle... But I still buy hairbands and cute shoes. Can't help it leh... Super envy those baby girls with nice hairband and puffy shoes!!! Finally can 'decorate' my baby! Lol!

Piyoz, I just bought about $50 plus of stuff from the Queen Street store; mostly towels and hankies....The bath towels and hankies are very absorbent and lasting. My boy has been using it for 2 years Liao.... The clothes r very comfortable too... Won't stick to skin when baby perspire.... However, They sell stuff in package. No choosing of colours...

Shice:
thanks for updating the board. We have such a long list of mummies and it's getting longer!

Bliss-ling:
My bb abdominal also relatively higher in reading but I think ur bb more chubby.

Weight gain:
Last weigh in I put on abt 4kg.
Have been drinking chocolate milk lately so I guess weight will shoot up more during the next gynae visit !

Strollers; I cannot live without it! My boy can play, eat and nap in it when we r outside.. We also hang our shopping bags and grocery on it... My boy has been trained since baby days that he must be in stroller when shopping and car seat when in car. No negotiation since day 1 he was born. So he's very used to both items and will guai guai sit in it. We tried our best not to carry him much. Moreover, hubby got back problem, can't carry him for long..

XYcartx,

neighbourhood has button down rompers at cheap.

I know Velocity has roadshow 3for $10, but those are normal rompers.

The other stores u can look out are Song & song, Le Factory outlet, they sell cheap. If nt, Dec shld hv carter warehouse sales at Tampines. 3 for $10. nt sure if they hv this year.

Yes, newborn change alot diapers, clothes and used alot of wet wipes, nanny liners, cotton,etc.

U can try kimono romper or one piece which I like as can cover till knee.

I bought from a frd who is clearing her stock from Japan. 3-5 pcs set in white,etc.

snowger,

I also hv the problem, once wear dry cloth diaper, pee, like every time change, will pee. So I gave up and just wear diaper.
Esp... bf, the poo is like bomb, so better wear diaper. lol!!

Thanks Sylvia! I hardly find shops selling baby clothes in my neighbourhood so don't know where to get from. Shall check out Song & Song too at my interchange area. If you have updates about the carter warehouse sales, do update us too
happy.gif

Hi mummies, good morning!

Have been a silent reader all the while, hope that I can join all of you here.
happy.gif

Here are my details:

Nick: adehs
BB #: 3
EDD: 4 Jan 2013
Gynae: Dr Fong Yang
Hospital: Mt A
BB Gender: Boy

Please help me add in the list.
Thank you.

@ serene, abit worry cos when i looked at the detailed scan report, the % bar chart is almost exceeding 90% for his abdominal...

@ shice, nw can control cos it is a boy and nothing much to buy. Waiting for hand me down clothes. I still buy for my gal.. Love to buy clothes for my gal and especially now 26 mths.. When she was abt 8 mths old, my pocket always burn big hole.

@ friends, enjoy "decorating" your princess.. it a fun process.. I still enjoying my gal nw

Friends, that queen st shop cannot choose color. But I see white like very boring, so bought the coloured pack. My boy will wear pink and my girl blue.... Enjoy your "decoration"!!!

Bliss, enjoy the hi 5 show!!! I bringing my kids for Mister Maker show at Plaza Sing next sat. They are huge fans of him.

Adelynn, hi hi!!

I am going for my detailed scan later. Can see baby for long time
happy.gif

sylvia, yah disposable diapers makes me more saint. lucky during my "trial", my lil gal didn't poop on the cloth diaper... else I will go mad trying to wash out the poop... :p

Baby clothes: I personally prefer to buy the front open type of clothes. I find it easier than trying to hoop the one pc romper (those open at bottom ones) over the baby's head. I also bought from the shop oppposit the Bugis Kuan Yin temple. The last time I bought 1/2 dozen of towels for my gal - 3 years later I still using. It's not too difficult to wash as they are not those super heavy kind and quite absorbant.
happy.gif

Ask mommies, any idea if they sell the tops only? I am thinking of replacing most cos they have very ugly BM stains on them...
sad.gif

For me, I mostly bought her home clothes from the shop - since she is mostly home so it is ok to wear normal la. During 1st month and for me 2nd month, she seldom get to go out. Only a few nice nice pcs for "kai kai", go grandma house, see PD, etc. My younger sis bought a one pc romper from Chauteau shop for her full month.

bliss_ling, which tic price you bought? I am still thinking to bring her or not... DAMN EX!!!! esp 2 parents and 1 kiddo... *faints*

@ piyoz, enjoy your scan later = )

@ snowger, I bought Cat 2.. 1 ticket ard $80 so 3 of us are going .. Now there is a 15% for Tues - fri, u can check it out

snowger, I went to the Queen street store not too long ago. They do have loose pcs of tops for sale. One pc for $2 and 3 for $5. But it is all in a a big carton box for people to 'dig'. I bought two pink and 1 yellow long sleeves newborn (front open buttons)tops.

where is queen street store?
U mean the hankie there is better?
my mil say my hankie all not good one, nice but not absorbant and khor khor one like lousy lousy liao have to buy

Cheese, the store is located opp the Bugis Waterloo Kuan Yin temple behind public toilet. Full address: Shen Kwang Trading Co, Blk 269 Queen Street, #01-246 S183269. Pls note that it is closed on Sun and PH. Operating hrs: 9am to 6pm.

Snowger, the variable teat has faster flow? Will try the poking of more holes instead of cutting. Hopefully it doesn't break open, else gotta buy new teats again.
sad.gif

l3x, karen, ic.. no wonder so many pple at her clinic. Tot she should spread out the appt timings so as to shorten waiting time. Every time i pass by is like at least 4-5 mummies waiting at her clinic. heh..

Averie, I would also recommend not to use cloth diaper. i already find disposable diapers a chore already having to change every 3 hours at least. Not to mention cloth diapers. Some more infant's poo is quite watery one, it would be very difficult to clean up and wash too.

piyoz, yes, i go to that shop too! I just stocked up the cloth diapers (for bath use) and a couple of clothes for my #1.

Actually another good shop to get baby stuff is Cheong Choon Store near chinatown OG.
Blk 34 Upper Cross Street #03-132
Tel 65323855

Friends, ya.. rather stock up on accessories. heh.. but i dunno if my ger will have alot of hair anot, so didn't get hair clips yet. Maybe hairbands is more suitable. heh.. I also aiming at those pretty colourful leggings!! I saw a hello kitty top yesterday, very sweet!! already feel like buying for her. but it's toddler's size. lol..

Back