(2013/01) Jan 2013

Thanks ladies for sharing...feel relieve to know that its also common to urine frequent in 2nd tri.

Anyone know if preggie woman can use the corn plaster?? I m having a corn on my feet and bot the plaster from Watson but not sure if its suitable to use now.

Chui Yi - regarding detailed scanning..i remembered for all my pregnancies, I was given a report and it indicate the measurement of the baby. Of course, I paid for it to hv this detailed scanning done at the Fetal Assessment Unit at TMC.

Thanks Hammiebao for the goo.n diaper tip! I bought them at a fair - $60 for 4 packs of 58 diapers per pack. Will definitely check out gmarket!

Celia - ya... Cos there was a special price!

Snowger: I think mine will be the consumption of too much carbo (like what u hv described above) ~ starch convert to sugars. I dont really take sweet stuff probably once in a blue moon. My recent urine test was negative too but I think my gynae a bit kiasu kind, he warned me first after knowing that my mum was a diabetic patient. Also remind me not to "over eat" otherwise bb will be too big. This is my gynae style.

@ sweetdream, yes most prob it will be natural birth.. hehhee.. yup, I wonder how it likes if happen we both in different labour room but same doctor..

@ val, it could occur thru out preggy..

@ snowger, should be baby sitting on bladder..

Sweetdream: i oso accept my 2nd still a boy!!! good is nothing much to buy..
Is ur spotting alot? mine did stop.. gynae ask me to keep taking utrogestan every night till the next visit. Yeah spotting better not play play and rest well. I have blood clot coming out during 26-27 weeks of my first pregnancy. Now as week 26 approaching i veri scared... every time go toilet pee.. pray hard no surprise.

Wah.. veri bad haze today. Finishing one bottle of cough medicine still havent recover now down wif flu!!! sigh... poor bb.. wonder how my coughing will effect bb or not!!!

snowger, *like* your post on detailed scan. very detailed! good info!
happy.gif

Ya agree with Shice, I like your post too shice~!

my appetite is all back.. lol but still dont fancy rice...
but love sushi...and sweet things!~i tink aug i drink a few times of bubble tea! gosh.. my weight....

@ Bliss_ling: haha if that case, we suggest to Dr Lim to put us in same room then we both support and scream tgt. BB both got companion then they will come out fast!! hahahah.. yours is boy or girl? Lst bb?

@Annie: Ya recycle everything!! Save $ lo..
My 2nd spotting quite alot than lst spotting i got a month ago. he also give me the pill to eat but for abt a week more only. He also say spotting may result premature if it come back agn. so scary when i hear.. same like u everytime go toilet pray hard!! Btw u mean blood cot at bb? affect bb when they out?

Hi Sweetdream, yes probably we hv met in Dr Lim clinic....really not easy to be a mother...like me, after amnio test, worry waterbag leaking. now Dr said too much water...dam sian!!

sweetdream: i have blood clot coming out (10cents coin size) during my first pregnancy. Den dilate 1cm.. Gynae give me a jab to strength bb lung in case come out early. Now i like u praying really hard.. hope placenta will move up soon.

Now i'm coughing really badly dunno will affect my bb inside. Just worried loi...

@ sweetdream, baby boy and this will be my last one, closing shop = )

That's a good idea.. hehhehehee.. scream til labour room "torn" down...

@ annie, I coughing very badly, open my mouth need to talk, cough like mad.. went to see a GP, was given penexpect CD.. got slight fever last night.. Slept in living room sofa at inlaw place cos my cough was loud and I like coughing my lung out. Afraid will disturb #1..

I also thinking whether will affect the one inside me cos I have slight cramp.. Will see gynae tmr

blis_ling: gp gave me prospan.. aiyoh this cough syrup my #1 is taking when he has cough and take donkey days to recover. no wonder my cough till now still yet to recover. dink the weather not good.. causing my cough and flu!!!
i read online.. try to hold on to ur tummy when cough. hope this help.

@ Valerie: Too much water how? nv ask him? u are in how many weeks now?

@Annie: My placenta everything turn out good but just don know y got spotting. U better rest well.. is beta to lie bed most of the time. Don worry keep talking to your bb!! And dont stress up yrself too much of all the thinking cos it also affect yr bb! Do you drink formula milk everyday? perhaps u can drink it if you dont.

@bliss_ling: haha.. yr #1 girl? me too will close factory!! yeah..scream till all the nurse bui tan han.. haha...

take care. Coughing can be irritating and pain the throat..

Sweetdream: yes i did drink formula milk added into milo. does it help? i'm trying to eat as much as possible (jus in case) but dunno y not hungry at all lei.

@ annie, perhaps U cough too much so not hungry.. I was given prospan but this GP said it useless and it doesnt work. faint!!!

@ sweetdream, yes #1 is a gal.. ehhehehe.. I be taking epidural so guess screaming not much.. I rem walking ard, standing outside ppl deliver rooms, hearing doctor said " come on 1,2,3 PUSH!!! then later heard bb crying and i wondering how come mine took so long to come out getting bore as the clock tickle.. hehee.. well,if we both in different room, i will go over to chat provided u not having fast and furious contraction..

Have u found a CL? our confinement will hit CNY

bliss : do take care! I just recovered from coughing after 6wks! Cough till i pee so badly that i got to put heavy flow pad! I went to see 3 gp, till my gynae gave me a cough mixture which u can get from pharmacy. Can't remember the name, but it is the same cough mixture which i bought over the counter for my #1. It is green liquid in color. Let me go home & check.
However, i still have phelm. and it doesn't help with the haze now, for a asthma patient like me
sad.gif

I'm in my 21 week. Recently my poo was hard and causing abit of bleeding. *paranoid* Then realized the iron supplement pill will cause constipation. Hopefully my bb will be cooperative during my detailed scan on next Mon
happy.gif

@ canopy, thanks gal.. everytime I cough, there is abit of urine leakage so need to wear this brand "poise" pantyliner.

For phlegm, can take flumucil? It to dissolve the phlegm.

Can help me check the cough mixture? Thanks

U have to take care too cos with the haze, it affectly especially kids too..

guess this time round, my preggy not as smooth as when i had #1.. Have takem med for the sickness etc.. plus yst I had the korean cup noodle for tea break.. oh mine.. what a sinful food cos it will not do bb good also.

Also have constipation, everytime poo like having a few Van houtten chocolates inside the ma tong.. whahahaha

sweetdream: dr lim said when i hv too much fluid in my waterbag, my bb will be bigger and according to him, the scan show that my bb is slightly bigger....so he caution me must control my sugar level
sad.gif

me in week 22 now...on sun, it will be week 23.

ling & canopy: take care...

ling: i suggest you take vegetable juice and it will ease your constipation especially if u r taking the iron tablet. For my previous pregnancy, when it comes to 2nd tri and when i start taking the iron tablet, aiyo i hate to go toilet coz NOTHING come out at all...too hard!! This time round, i have been taking vegetable juice alternate day and it really helps and i dont hv constipation at all!! Try this method!!

ling: do take note of constipation. i also had constipation after my gynae start me on calcium and prenatal vits. i ended up with piles last week and there was alot of blood when i went toilet. had a shock of my life! took piles medication for 3 days to stop the bleeding. luckily did not affect baby. so now i'm taking fybogel as well. gynae say can take fybogel to ease constipation problem. don't force it out if nothing come out if not will develop into piles

For me, i will take celery mix with carrot on alternate day and it really helps!! I dont dare to take everyday coz worry very "cooling". U shd try it !!

Bliss ling,
Hahaha I lol at your chocolate joke. But sadly I know what you mean...now I alternate between days of constipation and then followed by stomach pain n diarhoea. I wish there was an easier way...

Valerie,
Must be celery? Err...im very averse to the smell and taste of celery.

Worse 2nd pregnancy,
Yah I've also been sick n coughing. Then my dd too, and I think it's just passing back n forth between us. I've been very unhealthy too. Doc already warned me about excessive weight gain....again. I saw some of you ladies talking abt weight gain, I think I'm the champion weight gainer. Definitely more than 7kg from pre-pregnancy weight. But I'm hungry all the time! And I love carbo. Cannot survive on mostly protein. My current fave is wanton noodles for breakfast!

Hi Snowger,

Thank you for the detail info on detailed scan. Looking at your list, my gynae did cover all section, just that the whole process seems pretty fast, made me wonder if this is the detailed scan? Somemore I was not given a report, weight of the baby and was not charged for this scan.. Anyway, thank you once again for your help
happy.gif

Thanks Valerie & bliss!

Bliss: I used to use poise but the urine was too much that I need to heavy flow pads! Abd they were always soaking well! That was bad! Anyway, the cough mixture which my gynae gave me was called "duro-tuss" quite good! U can buy from any pharmacy.

constipation prob

I am always eating the red dragon fruit and it helps very much. Must be red type as white is very cooling n no good for preg women.

Even in confinement, can eat the red dragon fruit as more nutrients.

Good morning ladies!!!!
TGIF!

Re: constipation
I curb the problem by drinking fruit juice every morning and fruits after dinner. My helper will make fresh tomato apple juice for me.

valerie, I know there are some gynaes who will have prescribed the orange glucose test once the mummy is tested with slight sugar on the urine test stick. My gynae is quite pro-natural so he just warn me to stop eating too much sweet stuff (especially DURIANS. which i did not lor).

shice, thanks for the *like* ;p

Chui Yi, you are welcome. The whole process usually takes abt 10 to 15 mins if the baby is in the right position for the scan. For the gynae I guess they are not keying in the "data" to make it a report. So they would make them even faster. but it's free leh... we pay $100 over for the scan so if no report most monies will be quite upset I think.

bliss, the "duro-tuss" which canopy mention has 2 versions. buy the one that is just "duro-tuss" and NOT the "Duro-tuss Forte" version (that one is supposed to be stronger).

Contipated:
drink more water too! Prunes do help (if you dont like prune juice). Fruits up if you can (fruits with small black seeds like dragon fruit, kiwi would help. Blueberries too).
happy.gif

Vegetable juice: For mummies who got no time to squeeze the juice. There are ready made vegetable juice (those tomato based ones) sold in supermarkets. I usually buy the organic ones. refrigerate and drink. It REALLY REALLY helps move bowels. :p

@ Annie: i just started to tot of FM cos it contains folic acid too. so thinking if u drink it everyday. It build up your health. Morning I drink protein and night I drink FM. 

@ valerie: O dr lim seems to ask everyone to cut down sweets/food when bb is slightly bigger. My #1 also but end up he weigh 2.7 only so i think bb not big lei.. i think he scare bb too big we hard to push out. Hehe

@ Bliss_ling: envy! Girl and boy.. Just nice.
happy.gif
I was thinking #2 want to take epidural? cos i heard Giving birth #2 is fastest than lst time. When i took epidural #1 is a waste $. cos only able to rest like 1 hour after pain of 8 hrs. then Dr lim came n ask to reduce the dose n my pain back to normal.

Ya CL is such a headache when it fall CNY!! And it dbl the price rite? I never engage CL cos my Hubby wanted his mum to do it for me. But till now MIL nv say anything so shd be ok. Right now i only headache whether she can come my hse as i dont wan to go over her hse to do when all my bb stuff at my hse. FOr your info, i staying with my parents.

U found CL?

hi hi mummies...

For contispation, try Fybogel?? My gynae recommends me!

oh... Sweetdream, this seems to be a tricky situation! My mum also volunteer to do my confinement for me, PROVIDED I go and stay at her house! But I told my hb, that's the period where i 'suffers' the most, I rather do it at my own home lor! So hire the CL lor!

Greeting to all~~ It’s been a long time since I last posted anything. But have been a silent reader on and off.. the posts “moves” way too fast to catch up.
Hi shice, can help me update my details when you’re free~~

I’m at No.61
Name: Karen
EDD: Change to 18th Jan 2013.
Hospital: Confirm TCM (can’t decide which hospital previously)
Baby Gender: Girl

Ladies, for piles, any off the shelf medication? Thks.

Sweetdream, agreed with tres. Very tricky. Seldom old people will travel to their DIL's parents hse to do confinement. If it's your own hse, maybe. As u stay with your parents, I think you have to ask your hubby to check with your MIL.

friends: i think it's better to get the medication for piles from your gynae. he give me some piles medication too and i only need to take for 3 days. i don't have the packaging with me now so can't give u the name of the medicine

@ tres: ya i know is v tricky. but is like no choice. My hb dont want engage CL. so i told him then i will do it in at my hse then if she agree. i think of many ways and the only way is MIL only come my hse from morning till night then during mid night will be my HB tk care. And my role just feed bb milk. As my MIL stay v near my hse too. Just 10 mins away. I not sure if she ok anot. i am very stress about this. Then if engage CL, no place for her to slp. Only living room!! i guess my 1 mth will pass spcial SLOW to me!

@ friends: yes i need to stress my HB agn to9. every time talk about this end up like quarrel. Hai no own hse is like that.. so sian.. My mum also stress me to ask my MIL tk care beta. CL price dbl up during CNY. And also ask me go over her hse. i dont bother to talk to her. Say like easy than done.

Btw I already booked package with Origins Jamu. I spoke to the boss Rebecca. She said price likely going to adjust upwards after September because of the cost increasing. Whoever interested to take up their package, do book with them by Sep.

Sweetdream, maybe your solution is best, come in the morning, then at night, your hb & your parents take care lor! At least both side of parents part their part lor!!

FRIENDS, i think there is some medication where yu can apply topical onto the piles to prevent it from get more inflamed. I got that medication during my confinement.

JTS

Diapers.com.sg

We will be 5 on 6 Oct. To thank your support in all these years, we are having Storewide 15% Discount
No Coupon Code is needed.

Just shop & buy.

15% discount will be added automatically to your shopping cart!

Start shopping at www.diapers.com.sg now to enjoy the saving!

Terms & Conditions:
1. 15% discount for www.diapers.com.sg order.
2. Expiry date: 31 October, 2012
3. Discount is not applicable to Weekly Deal Products.

Hi ladies, just managed to find time to login. I m on leave today as no school for my 2 Kidd due to the celebration of teachers day in their cc. Now with my kids at science centre - the waterplay. Both of them enjoy so much and I think very difficult to tell them to go home now.

Sweetdream, yes this is dr lim style. My previous 2 pregnancies he also said the something to me so I sort of use to it. My gal and my boy weighs abt the same as your no. 1 - 2.7kg... Guess Dr lim worry BB too big diff to deliver
happy.gif

To me the taste of celery mix with carrot is nice and I love it. My maid will actually prepare the juice for me alternate day. I will buy the celery and carrot from supermarket and she will
do the rest.

@ tres: Hopefully i made a right choice :)

@ Valerie: Yea just eat what u feel like eating!! hehe

@Karen: haha.. then after that bb get together for photograph session and let them communication while we have good rest on bed. haha

Back