(2013/01) Jan 2013

Rugirly, it really depends on individual, I do visit my close friend who gave birth when I'm preg, both hub and I think it's ok...

Re : Nursing bras & clothes
I personally think that don't have to buy earlier. I bought a few nursing bras & tops during #1, but in the end, my son doesn't suckle much, he is a pretty fussy drinker, wants his milk quick, if too slow, he will cry, hence, we resort to me pumping out the milk and bottle feed him. I had never bf my son in the public so no nursing bras & tops were needed. I had to give away all those brand new bras and clothes to my friends instead. Furthermore, my milk supply wasn't fantastic even tho i pumped every 3-4hourly. It was even worst when i went back to work. So I think don't have to buy these stuffs in case, you face the same situation as me. Buy the bras & clothes later when you have supply and your bb likes to suckle. Anyway, you don't go out often during the 1st few months.

Wendy: Glad to hear your gd news
happy.gif

As for nursing bras, best to buy when close to delivery cos our boobs will continue to expand. Plus engorgement will occur during lactation.

For me, I was expecting to stay at home throughout my confinement so didn't invest in any nursing shawl and nursing wear, then end up every few days during the first 1-2 weeks hv to bring bb to check jaundice level. Bb needs milk every few hours (and trust me, their hunger cries are unsatiable until milk comes) and I had yet to develop a gd enough milk supply to pump then, so had to latch bb in the clinic/ hospt, where it may be necessary to share a room with someone else, so paiseh.

If unsure, maybe invest in a nursing shawl first bah.

Mummies who are non-1st-timers, would you recommend a yaolan or bb cot? I had a tough time rocking my #1 to sleep esp during the 1st few mths, always hv to carry. So thinking if I should get a yaolan instead this round.

hi mummies,

wendy, its really great to hear the update from you please continue to jia you and yes baby is giving you a kick at times to tell u " mummy I am okie don't worry and don't give up "

IMHO, nursing bras are good as it doesnt comes with underwire which can cause some discomfort esp during engorgment . I have a few nursing top but not really useful .

piggy, my number 1 sleep in cot I think its better for them to be in cot . try not to rock your baby right from the start and try patting instead. I have heard from my frens with yaolan that they have a tough time rocking the yaolan too unless you opting for the electric type . another prob is if baby is too use to yao lan its might be difficult to get them to nap outside
just my tots
happy.gif

HI bdmummy and fazzy ( july 10?)

piggy mum > bb cot.. for my #1, did not rock him to sleep. Just put him on bed or carry him (but did not rock) in arm till he sleeps.

heard before that yaolan not recommended as it does the baby's spine no good.. also heard some mentioning accidents with yao lan.

Bp: no, I don't feel cramp at all. I feel pretty normal. I bedrest for 2days and went out for a while on the 3rd day. I didn't carry any heavy stuffs eg my son, I didn't walk too much as well. When r u getting your result?

This is my first pregnancy and I've put on 6kg during my last check-up at 13 weeks. I'm 16 weeks now, the bump is obvious
happy.gif
As for baby kicks, I have not felt it too.

Piggy mum> I don't use yaolan for my boy. My Mum said it's a bad habit to use it.. Hard to break and she had a hard time managing me and my brothers during nap/sleep time when she tried to break our habit of not using Yaolan. Hence, I did not introduce Yaolan to my boy. However, he requires someone to pat him on his backside to coax him to sleep.

Piggymum: I used yaolan for my girl because she was getting to a stage where i was rocking her in arms for an hour before she would sleep and she was getting heavier.. My husband doesnt help to put her to sleep and needs to wake up early to work so suggested that I take the yaolan... so that started our yaolan experience. It was really a lifesaver because saved much time (we used auto rocker)... i didnt know its not good for spine until much later but by then i also didnt stop using it.. after 1 years old the yaolan was only used for afternoon nap... then by about 18 months we stopped it and my girl just transitioned out of it as we put her in baby cot for her naps.. at first she finds it hard to fall asleep but eventually we did it, she doesnt remember her yaolan anymore
happy.gif

Will i do it for no 2? Yes I think I will still use yaolan because I already have it and it just makes things easier for me lor...

Nursing bra & tops

I dun hv n dun intend to buy coz think is ex.
Plus there are more nursing rooms ard in most mall now, so easier to bf.

Since #1, using sport bra or those bra without wire. or cotton bra that is meant for maternity but I feel it too big, good when feeling sore, yet dun feel bloated and bursting.

Breastfeeding is good but dun give too much stress esp when u r 1st time mum. just relax.

I dun hv much & I bf hourly when #1 came, like what Fullhouse mentioned, dun hv to move from the sofa/bed and just latch and sleep and do everything while bonding with child.

Alot tot must supply alot to bf, I am one who do not and still doing it.

Just a joke... hb said 24 hours x 7 days milk factory that do not need to sterilise, wash and also at right temp!

Grandma said save electricity and just push in,no need to warm to right temp, dun hv to worry, dun hv to wash, dun hv to get up at night to sterilise and prep powder and hot milk!

LOL!!

RE :Yaolan

Not using.
1st no good for spine,

2nd.... yao lan will cause kid to feel giddy and doze off which might nt be good. Though it might nt be so serious to SBS - shaken-baby-syndrome or SIDS, but I think shld bring to min.

http://www.babyzone.com/baby/baby-health-and-safety/shaken-baby-syndrome_68465

3rd, fallen off yao lan. Yes, heard and own relative fell years back too.

4th, as they are used to yao lan, even when u r out, they will require to shake like yao lan!
This is a complaint n joke by some mums....
they felt like bring portable yao lan everywhere!

happy.gif

Hi Wendy, glad to hear the good news! Stay strong and be positive! Your little one is a fighter!

Hi Geri, yes am fr Jul 10 thread
happy.gif
Nice to see u here too!

Hi Piggy mum, physiotherapist told me before yaolan not recommended, like what xinyue shared, bb's spine is curved when sleeping on yaolan. Best for bb to sleep on firm and flat surface.

Nursing bras: IMO they are convenient and way more comfy than normal wired bras! But I did not buy nursing tops tho. Normal clothes worked fine for me.

Bloatedness: sigh... Super bloated at end of each day! Feels like 5 mth preggy although only past 16 weeks...

Lynette, i done my oscar test this morning. Am ard wk 11-12. My baby neck scan is 1.2mm. What the person told me is below 2.5mm is normal, so she say mine was all ok. She also check for nasal bone. Hope this helps. I am now waiting blood test result.

Ladies i have a question:-
I am feeling pain at my tailbone after 1st day of work, wonder if i walk too much or maybe i drive for too long. Anyone experience it as well?

Wow saw a few new mummies joining this thread.. Welcome..

Today is my sixth day in the hospital... But something that my gynae said in the morning makes me almost wana scream and jump Off from my bed.. She asked me when I sit up and eat my meals any leakage I said nope. Next thing she said hmmm u so poor thing ok lah I let you go shower!!!!!!! FWAhAhahaahahahaha... This is the first time since I was admitted I feel over the moon.. Hahahaha imagine I nv get to shower since last thu!!!!! My god!!! Even when I did confinement for my gal last time I bath on the third day.. I am so impressed with myself coz 6 days is really record breaking for Me liao.

Now I feel so much fresher and comfortable.. More energy to jiayou with my baby..

Gynae going to do another scan tmr hopefully the fluid is accumulating.. Baby is kicking me more often, seems to be telling mummy to keep up the good work and continue fighting..

Jia you to all the mummies going for amnio and for those who have done the test.. Good luck with the results...

Wendy, really kudos to you for bearing with all these.. I have not even thought about this aspect of bathing for your condition! Jia you jia you! Really must continue fighting!

Cheese> my tummy looks like that too!

Canopyhaze, could be you walk too much as it happens to me as well. Try to lie down flat to rest until pain goes away, may take overnight to be ok..

piggy mum, I would prefer cot to yaolan but it all depends on the bb lor.. I know some bb need to be rock to sleep so yaolan will be easier for the caregiver.. so dun buy so early until you can gauge the bb's behaviour lor!

that's goo d news Wendy, with the gynae permission, seems like you have recovered or at least 90% recovered.. so good good!!!! ;-)

Wendy

yr story makes me laugh and tear w joy for u at the same time. It's such an experience, and I cant tell u how much happy I feel for you to know yr baby kicking u often! ;)

Hi mommies!!! hows everyone? i was on bed rest last week, and was so busy and stressed over my son's P1 registration! fortunately its over and he got in. Thank God.

precious, i think u have braxton hicks,. those are practice contractions, dun worry it happens. but r u first time mom? cos usually first time mom will have BH later but its still normal. i had my BH at 16 or 19 weeks for #2.

piggy, my kids peristaltic bottles, teats dun suck in leh...

bras : pls dun wear normal bras during breastfeeding. i got very blocked clogged ducts cos one day i hiao, wore normal bra (esp those with underwires), and when feed #1 just unhook and push up. wah lau that part exactly gana blocked ducts. fever an all lucky not full blown mastitis.

piggy, regarding yaolan, its my dad who advised against it. he said if baby get so used to it, very hard to wean. and baby very hard to sleep without it loike at times when u want him to nap at others house or hotel or overseas. my friend who's child use yaolan have to dance with him in her arms to make him sleep when shes without it.

Wendy, jia you!!! All the best! I am happy for u and hope you get discharged soon.

canopy, i feel the pain in tailbone quite often in this preg too think i old liao.
sad.gif
lao kok kok. maybe for u cos u had bed rest very long, ur back still getting used to walking? but sit whenever u can, and get a cushion for your back when u sitting at comp. take care!

re Yaolan, My inlaws bought 2, 1 at our hse 1 at their hse. it's really difficult to go out without Yaolan. luckily my daughter weaned off around 8 months. but I'll nvr use it again.. just scare not gd for baby brain development n so hard to wean off.. I suspect my dotter got so bad temper partly due to the fact she used Yaolan..

Daisy: I guess so, been walking a fair bit.

Anyone feeling pulling effect from the middle of the tummy? I am experiencing it a few time today. It's sharp pulling pain,

Daisybuttons
Why are you on bed rest? Iyo rest well hor! Yours in 2b? I'm easy on school choice lol. Will explain when we meet up! Public forum lah.

Btw how are you going to send him the first few days if you deliver early? Planned that?

Yaolan
Elderlies like it coz they say it maintains a nice round head :D

No experience there though!

Wendy
Ah enjoy being clean ok!! Next time will be your confinement!!

Cravings
Ah anyone has any cravings??

Now that I'm properly moved, until I move again, anyone wants a meet up? Just a casual lunch or tea or what? I'm easy on anything except when my kids have classes.

Or is the 4th of August still ok with anyone?

Town or city is fine with me.

Pinkdice
Ah I'm a sahm too! I made that decision when my #1 turned 1, and never looked back since
happy.gif
there are moments that money can never replace! Like just, the two little rascals kept coming out of the room for hugs and kisses! They were supposed to be asleep by 8! I might scold them soon! Grrrr . It's supposed to be my junk food hour now;)

It's fun watching their antics the entire day too! Lol you'll never get tired laughing at them! They get funnier as they grow older!

Daisybutton, I'm 2nd time mummy, Mayb tat explain the early BH..

Any mummies experiencing acne outbreak on the forehead and chin?? I started to have those big n stubborn acnes popping since last week! Previously was just small little pimple but Nw was terrible. Dunno how to get rid of them fast.
sad.gif

Cheese, I Tik my tummy is bigger than urs! And my baby bump is more high up n rounder. Only at 18weeks but I feel very difficult to get up after squatting or sitting on the floor.. Had gain 5kg since preggy but I'm happy. Haha.

Dear mummies, glad to see everyone pretty positive n jovial here! Jiayou and God bless to all mummies waiting for results!

For me, I'm still having pretty freq MS.. Any mummies here still vomiting? I thought of gg for TCM to find some relief, cos I know if I ask my gynae, he will say its normal, either that or prescribe anti-vomit medicine which I am not too keen in. Anyone tried TCM for MS?

Abt the tailbone pain, yeah I will have it too esp if I walk arnd too much. Thought of getting a pregnancy pillow but the one I saw at Taka baby fair is too exx! $151.. Think i may just need to improvise lor or maybe a wedge pillow which is cheaper. What do u all use when sleeping?

Wendy,
Happy for you esp you are fresh now!! Really forgot about bathing til you mentioned. I tot u might have wipe urself.
happy.gif
Sorry..........

Take care!

Fullhouse,
I hv cravings for beef - steak, salad & kimchi!

Happybirthday, I hv mild vomit esp eating supplement. I read that drinking fruit juice helps. But I find it helpful eating sour plum but not those normal ones as I find them too dry - meaty japanese ones that they use for snack or on rice, it's easier to bring around and eat anytime. TCM.... they gave me very mild ones, I went to TCM Clinic HQ.

I use soft bolster to act as support.

Canopyhaze,
tailbone... I think u walk too much and stand too long? put cushion .
U take care!!

Sylvia : thanks! Thought so too! Hubby is sending me to work later to avoid excessive driving and walking as my car is parked quite far from my office.

Happybirthday : I use a pillow on my left n a bloster on my right while sleeping.

Now down with flu, Any medication I can take? Having stuffy nose! Sian! Getting sick before holiday! Hopefully can recover before next Monday.

Another sleepless nite....sigh~

I m awake now... Got woken up twice to check blood pressure and baby heartbeat, can't get bk to zzzz Le..

Gosh canopy u still awake at 3am? Oh no pls take care.. Must be very tiring for u..

Sylvia- hahahah they do help me clean everyday but then it's really diff with the real shower hahahah... They just wipe me with those baby shower gel.. That's all.. Hajaajap

Feeling nervous abt the scan later.. Hopefully everything goes well.. Can feel my baby kicking very often...man he/she is a super active baby.. Hahahah

Amnio Test:
Today's my turn. Feeling abit jittery although it's my 2nd time doing it. Trying to keep myself busy by clearing up all my laundry now.

Pinkdice, Fullhouse,
I'm also a SAHM for coming 7 years already! First few years were fun & went on many playdates on weekdays. After the 2nd one arrived, lesser playdates cos of different nap times. I still enjoy the time spent with my boys when I get to see them straight after school & they share with me what happen in school etc. Now if they are away for more than half a day, I will kinda miss their presence.

Happybirthday,
I am also still having my MS but now more serious only in the evening n night. Last few weeks was more jialat...whole day MS. Puked countless times this 3rd pregnancy liao. Very tiring. Dun think I have gained any weight since preggy. Only pants/shorts get tighter abit.

Canopyhaze,
I keep waking up at night too...3am....5am....then when it's time for my kids to wake up at 6+am to go school, I can't get up! Thank God my hb helps out. Else, my boys sure late for sch everyday!

Wendy,
Hope u can be discharge soon! It's a very good sign that Baby is active & kicking. Dun worry ya!

Wendl, good luck for ur amnio test today... Hope you get good results..

Well it's my daily update again ahhaja... Gynae came and did ultrasound scan just now, water is accumulating!!!!!!! I was like yes!!!! So nervous when she start scanning, fearing that the water Bo again.. But the water level still not back to normal yet so have to keep working hard.. Meaning bed rest bed rest... Baby is in a much comfy position compare to mon.. But gynae wants me to wait for the amnio test result before letting me go home... Hopefully the result will be out on Friday or earlier... Tink my gynae must be chasing after dr Chang everyday hahahahaah....

Well I can have a peace of mind for now... The next thing is the amnio test result... Praying hard for the best... I can't imagine myself having to take another blow after been thru so much to get the water level back up..

Thanks Friends = ) U have good memory... hehehee... I be doing mine next wed.. counting down and have to be at hm on PH, cant bring my girl anywhere..

@ Wendy, glad to hear good news from u. Jia you Wendy and bb

Wendy : that's awesome news! Continue to fight on!

Wenyl & Bliss : Good luck on the amnio test later on!

Wenyl : ya boi, by the time i dozed off, its time to wake up for work...Arrggg. Luckily hubby sent me to work this morning.

Fullhouse : congratz on your move! Sure, we can meet up one of these days in town during lunch time. As for the meeting on this saturday, gotta to give it a miss, as i have errands to run before heading for my holiday next monday. U ladies enjoy ya!

Back