(2013/01) Jan 2013

Hammiebao, haha, whenever I go Watson to try to get the Kodomo wipes on offer always not enough stock to even make up 10 packets - it flies off the shelves I think so the deal is really good!
happy.gif

tigress,
thanks for sharing, maybe I'm too gancheong about the toilet training thing. Will hold back and see how it goes.

cost saving for sahm,
actually I saved a lot from staying home. You don't need to update your wardrobe, shoes, bags (or at least casual wear costs much less). I seldom need to take taxis anymore esp during peak hours and spend almost nothing on transport fees. No more expensive meals if you work in town. We still eat at restaurants but in moderation. I actually cooked more as a sahm (before preggy with #2) which is healthier and cost saving.

Wipes,
I started with wipes then used cotton wool and water but I found it very tedious to dab away, sometimes using many pieces of cotton wool to get the job done. When #1 was still small enough I learned to hold her over the sink and washed her there. Fast and clean!

Hammiebao, I used to stock up kodomo wipes by cartons hor.... Cartons easlier to carry and store. Lol.

SAHM: used to think it's the best job in the world. But after my post natal blues during my maternity leave, I think I'm not cut to be one... Cried everyday, unhappy...

Maybe I will only consider this SAHM option when my boy reaches primary school...

Mummies,
Got my amino result..baby is normal. I was so happy that I did ask the gender of the baby..the 3 days waiting time are killing me..

Once again, Thanks for the best wishes and the prayers.

Wendy, wenyl and bliss,
Waiting for your good news to be shared..

Hi BP, so happy to hear your good news... Still waiting for mine.. Hopefully can be out tmr and praying very hard for good result. Ya I do agree the wait is simply torturous... Driving me nuts...

Hi mummies,
I am new to this forum but I has been following the posts for quite some time.
I have been feeling jittery after I received my OSCAR results.
Finally received my express results for amnio 2 days ago, thus decided that I can finally start joining the discussions in this thread.
happy.gif

This is my #1. My gynae is Dr Beh from TMC.
He was also the one who did the amnio test for me.
My EDD is 14 Jan, and my bb will be an ah boy
happy.gif

Wendy,
I have been following your case and I think you are a very strong mummy.
Stay positive and take care, I trust that your baby is strong and will be ok de.

Xinyue
Just boil water and dump bottles in. Or use a steaming rack if you have 1
happy.gif

Friends
Iyo after my fb I was depressed the whole time too! Maternity period isn't a good gauge!

Hi mummies

I hv been MIA for these few days as I was hospitalized and was discharged on Wednesday.

Wendy I think we shared the same room at TMC... Room 6x9...didn't say hello to u while staying there as I knew u
need total bedrest. Glad to hear that both u and your BB r doing well.

I was admitted on Monday evening due to suspicious of water bag leakage. My GYNAE was very concerned when I saw him on mon telling him that i feel slight wetness after my amnio test. Immediately he wanted me to admit and monitor my condition. Thank God my case is just a false alarm and
after doing scanning and test, it's confirm that my wetness is my discharge....haaaaahaaaa. My BB is fine and I feel the kick now and during the stay at TMC I heard BB heartbeat.

Congrats to all mummies who got their amnio test result..I m
still waiting for mine...hopefully it will b out when I see my GYNAE next week..praying hard for good result
happy.gif

Hi Averie

I think not every preggie woman will put on alot of weight during pregnancies. I m in week 17 now and infact I lost 2 kg instead of gaining weight due to morning sickness in my first trimester. For me I know even when I reach last tri I will probably only gain 5 to 7 kg...my previous pregnancies were like that. As long as your BB is growing well....don't worry too much!!

BDmummy

I think mouth rinse help as it is anti-septic and will help bleeding gums and prevent bacteria and cavity.

Averie

1kg may be a little , i think minimum is 2 kg for say a 1.6m tall girl. SO eat a bit more. I just gained 2kg, but I think should be okie as I am eating regularly. But I know of some muumies who have a weight spurt later after 5th-6th months. So dun worry too much.
happy.gif

BP I was being monitored for 2 days and my GYNAE also did a test for me to check if it's waterbag leakage. He inserted a tube with some medication I guess thru varginal and if the colour turns green, it will b waterbag leakage and if it's yellowish then it shd b discharge. That was what being explained to me. According to my GYNAE that y we hv discharge now is probably also due to the antibiotic that we have taken after the amnio test.

Hi mummies, I am a Sep 2011 mummy. Bought a Quinny Buzz [colour - Greystone (unisex)] and intend to sell it cos I bought a new car and also bought baby a new pram.. The condition is really very new and good and so I don't want to waste it.

I bought less than a year ago from Taka. Its currently selling at $870. I'm letting go at only $500. Mummies who are keen, please PM me for more information. Happy to host viewings too.
happy.gif

Thanks much!

Congrats BP. Glad the result is good and u can start shopping for your baby = )

I still counting down to my test.. Hub suggests that I stay in TMC for a day after amnio . I dun want cos i miss my child.

Talking abt being SAHM, I was one for 3 years after my 2nd pregnancy, but I really cannot tahan after staying at home for 1 year... I feel so boring to b a SAHM... I think I will go crazy if I continue with such lifestyle. Another reason y I become a SAHM was becoz I tot of having my 3rd BB during that time but no luck at all!!! When I return to workforce last year, I got pregnant after working for 6 month though its a miscarriage case. After resting for 2 cycle I expected again... think my BB
prefer me to work
happy.gif

Valerie : thank god you are ok! No wonder didn't see u in the forum for a few days. Was just wondering how you arr after you have asked me about the wetness.

Averie : I'm coming to 17wks, and i have lost 3kg so far.

Serene : Welcome onboard. Hey, we have the same EDD and i am oso having a boy, and might bump into each other when delivery. Anyway, great to have another good result from the amnio test.

Wendy : All the best for the amnio result today.

Thanks bliss_ling.....I kept talking to my BB during my 2 days stay at TMC and is glad that all are over now
happy.gif
by the way the food at TMC was yummy!!! This time round I might b considering to stay at premier ward for my last pregnancy!!! My gal wanted to stay in the hospital with me to take care of her MEI MEI (she wanted very much to have a younger sister)
happy.gif

I also lost 3 kg in first trimester due to morning sickness.. now still struggling but eating much better... but havent put on any weight yet... hate the feeling of want to puke though.. really praying it wil go away soon soon..

Jia you mummies taking amnio test.. hang in there!

Canopy: ya after u told me that u don't feel wet I started to get paranoid and cannot concentrate working. I decided to see my GYNAE on Monday afternoon. My GYNAE told me that i should see him or Dr Chang immediately if I suspect the waterbag is leaking and shouldnt wait till so many days later
sad.gif
that's y he wanted me to admit and monitor my condition. As he knw it's rather not easy for me to hv this BB as I hv got miscarriage before. He said I should not neglect on the wetness especially after the amnio test.

@ Valerie, U know the gender of bb thru amnio? Sorry, forget whether did u opt for express result anot..?

Amnio done by TC Chang
Will the doctor scan and tell us the gender or we need to ask him? Just curious cos my fren gynae machine can detect gender at 12 weeks and I was like """" wow""""

@ Valerie,
I had a misscarriage last yr June. BB hb stopped at week 9. So for this time round, hub is afraid should anything happen, he said he dont feel like living.. I was like " har so drama leh".. whahahahahhahahahaa

He telling me that he would like to have 3 kids, better 4 kids. He wants another one born in horse. I was telling him " I give birth so xin ku, u dont have to go thru the process lor" ... Faint!!!!!

Bliss: dr t c Chang won't tell u the gender during scan for amnio test. Yes, u will get to know the gender when u got the amnio result.

valerie, happy for you that everything is just false alarm. In first trimester, I also felt wetness regularly due to increased discharge which worried me for a while but progressing into second trimester, I seem to have very very little discharge, wonder whether it's normal.

averie, are you still seeing dr chee? she's my gynae also.

bliss, I want to have 3 kids also, wanna have a 3rd kid in horse year
happy.gif
but my hubby is very scared.

Canopy, you going to stop at 3? envy mothers who have at least 3 kids. With my age and stamina, I think I can have just one more but will see how this pregnancy goes. If everything goes smoothly, I will be more motivated to have a 3rd one
happy.gif

Bliss_ling: nope I didn't opt for express result so hv to wait patiently. My gal and I hv been praying hard to receive good result
happy.gif

Belle: same like me wanted to have 3 kids. This is my wish since i got married. I will definitely hv to stop at 3 as it is not advisable to hv more than 3 if we r going for c section. All my pregancies were c section. Also my age is catching up and I doubt I hv the stamina and also my fertility rate is dropping
happy.gif
I m really thankful I still can get preggie at my current age.

just back from gp, having flu & fever, oso the pain in my tailbone, went to take medicine before my holiday.

Bliss : u r welcome!

belle : yes, my 2nd pregnancy, i oso wanna have 3 kids but hubby scared; especially seeing me in so much problems having this. Furthermore, i am no longer young. Unless accident, if not, very unlikely to have #3. Anyway, been TTC for closed to 2yrs, so kinda difficult to get pregnant.

@ Valerie, oh cos u mentioned your girl wants to stay with u to take care of mei mei so i thought u know the gender.

@ canopy, recover well soon and did doctor mentioned what could have caise the pain in tailbone?

@ bellw, i not young anymore so this #2 will close shop.. hehehee...

Canopyhaze,
Great to find some one with the same EDD. U take care k,drink plenty of water before and during your trip.

BP and Valerie,
You guys was given antibiotics after your amnio? I was not given any. I even asked my doc whether I need to take any, but he said no need. So I was not given anything after the test, jus told not to exert.
Gender was also told by the radiographer during the scan, and was confirmed by the express results.

canopy, actually I feel that you are doing fine now especially after your operation. I'm reading the forum regularly and I remember you telling us your scar this time was longer than normal c-section scar. It sounds painful to me. I feel that you are very strong and brave, all mothers here are. Hope you have a good time during your holiday!

Wendy, hope you are doing fine also and ready to go home soon.

Belle: I tried natural for my first pregnancy but not successful so I opt for c section. I cannot tahan anymore after lying in the delivery room for more than 16 hours waiting for dilation at week 40 for my gal. I give up and go c section. My 2nd Pregnancy in y2007 my GYNAE dont encourage me to try natural so I aso opt for c section. So this last pregnancy will b the same.

Serene: yes we were given antibiotic and I think that is to prevent infection after the amnio test. Glad that your result is good too!

Ling: my gal kept saying I m expextg a gal as she was with me in one of my checkup at Dr Lim clinic. That visit, Dr Lim mentioned he can't see the birdie from the scan so my gal was very happy that is likely I m having a gal and that's what she hope
happy.gif

@ Valerie, I know why your girl wants a mei mei cos she can play with her while ur son cant... hehehee.. I ask my girl whether she wants di di / mei mei.. Guess what ?? she said " I dun want, beat baby"

My mum caught her playing with her toy baby and she was forcing the bottle down the toy bb mouth..

Bliss : doc says i walk too much or might have accidentally 扭到腰。So asked me not to walk or stand too long, or carry heavy stuffs. Was given mc as i am having fever & flu but told her no need cos i still things & meetings later on, but she insisted to issue mc to me

Serene : thanks! Yes, i was given antibiotics and 安胎药for 5days or 1wk i think.

Belle : thanks. I am oso quite surprise the recovery and my tolerance towards pain cos i am that sort who will scream when given injection.

@ Valerie,

hehhee..Dr Lim, he told my fren at week 16, she expecting a boy, guess what during detailed scan, she has a girl.. she nearly fainted lor...

@ canopy, oh no.. must take care to recover well soon k.. not easy to work and able to sleep with pain ..Can drink honey? My gynae said can drink but not raw honey..

This morning experienced my first leg cramp. Immed wake hubby to ease the pain for me. I'm 16 weeks now. Is so contradicting, cannot walk to much neither can sit too long else will hv painful tailbone.

BP, ya me still in hosp. Gynae wants me to wait for the amnio test result before letting me discharge. Still waiting now.. Hopefully will be out today so I can go hm tmr..

Valerie, hahahaha really? So qiao ar.. I heard ur gynae talkin he very kancheong kind is it? Good to kno that u r home safe Liao... Take care and rest well too...

Hi Wendy, u r right I think he is more kancheong than my hubby. When I told him I had slight wetness after the amnio test, he wanted me to admit immediately I was like huh got so serious???? He told me don't take the risk and it's not a good news if wetness occur after amnio test. I was really frighten by what he said and start crying while waiting to b admitted. That's y I simply dont have mood to login the forum for discussion while staying at TMC. Let's stay positive and wait for good result
happy.gif

Ling: u r right, my gal looking forward playing with her younger sister. She always said all her clothes and shoes that she can't fit in anymore will give to her MEI MEI
happy.gif
my gal has 大姐风范. Her teacher ever feedback to me that she take very good care of her brother in the childcare and sometime she overdo it....heeee... Infect she and her brother was abt 1 and half year difference in age. When I gave birth to my son she don't really know much abt her brother. But now she is 6 yrs old and she know practically everything including when I m going to deliver and when I m going to receive my amnio test result. She had even share with her teacher that I was hospitalized for 2 days;) gals are usually much more mature than boy...

Bliss ling: I will b seeing Dr Lim on wed, 8 aug. All the best to u for your amnio test
happy.gif
hopefully I can receive the amnio result on that day
happy.gif
. According to YAN Ling sometime it may take more than 2 wk for the result...sigh!!

Canopy: take care and hv a good rest.

Back