(2013/01) Jan 2013

Canopyhaze, I thought I'm the only one who is awake, u woke up so early too? U know what, I have been losing sleep lately. Always wake up in the middle of the night & can't get back to sleep. So tiring

Icyjo,
it was $90. There was a group of mummies there, guess they were there since the sale starts. Den 1 start asking ard if her friends want the mat she was holding anot. None of them wanted it and she started walking bk to the toys to put it bk. I jus looked at her and said," they dun wan I wan." den she passed to me! Haha..

Hey mummies, for those interested to start buying breastfeeding-related accessories, here's a deal from Mothercare --> http://www.mothercare.com.sg/images/promo/Flyer.pdf

For me, I hv been using Pigeon Rapid Steam Steriliser (note there's the Pigeon steriliser and the Pigeon RAPID steriliser, the recommended one is the "RAPID" one), so far so gd no complaints. Throw in all brands of bottles, teats etc and breast pump accessories, all done in 6min.

In my opinion, milk bottle warmers are better than using hot water to defreeze or warm breast milk, because the temperature has been pre-set to a "safe" level. In order to preserve the nutrients in breast milk, research recommends milk be warmed at a temperature of 40 deg celcius. Can you imagine our babes drinking our preciously expressed milk but with most of the nutrients destroyed?

Halo mummies, it's my third day on total bed rest in the hosp.. Although the leakage has reduce but still leaking, I guess lesser is beta than gush of it coming out..

As I have to lie down at a leg up head down position, I m having constant headache but no choice have to stay in this position.. Everything also do on bed.. After 2 days of bee rest my leg feels weak think if I get down and try to walk I will fall..

Today my gynae is going to do a scan and see how is the baby n whether the fluid has replenish.. Waiting for hubby to come before going down.. Hopefully the situation has improved.

Like all the mummies said, i have been talking to my bb.. Ask Bb to be strong n must jiayou with mummy.. I got a shock from the nurse last time coz when she came in at 5 am to check bb heartbeat she said couldn't find !!!!!! I almost jump up from my bed !!!! Imagine how scary that is.. Lucky she finally hear the heartbeat after a long period.. Dunno is it she inexperienced or wat, my gynae came in late afternoon n after one sec she found the heartbeat !!!!!!

Thank you all of you for the well wishes again.. Btw, my gynae said said she has talk to dr tc Chang and he said will try to get my result for amino ASAP rather than the normal 2 weeks..
Pray hard for good results man..

Will update u gals again..

Wendy: thank god that the leak is lesser now, rest more and continue to talk your bb. Hope that your gynae will deliver gd news to you soon.

Tigress : yes, been suffering from sleepless nited since preggy, maybe oso am anxious about my result, will wake up ard 3am to pee then can't sleep till 6plus before dozing off and wake up ard 8plus, maybe oso because am on medical leave so have no time management. Dunno whether I can wake up for work on Monday.

Amnio result
Just called clinic, they have yet to receive my result, they say probably because I was the last one to finish on that day, I finished ard 4.30pm, hopefully can get by today if not Monday. Pray well.

Morning mummies

Some of us are looking for toys already, maybe a lil advice from the evil side :p

I guess I'm having third already so I've not so crazy over branded toys anymore. There might be a few things I learnt about toys.

Newborn
At the very beginning stage, there is very little need for toys coz their eye sight isn't so developed. So many parents like to use black-red-white print bumper. That's ok. Your docs will encourage as much 'tummy time' for bbs as possible. This is very important. It actually helps with building neck muscle and coordination. In fact you want to start with tummy time from day 1. I did that for #2. so it also means your bb should not be lying down on their backs too much. Toys which allow the bb to only stare up may entertain them but does very little otherwise. Have toys that could be placed in front of them so they'll be encouraged to look up while on prone.

The only 'toy' we have is the 'infant crawling track'. If you google Glenn Doman, you can read about this. It's basically just a track for infants to practise crawling towards a toy placed in front of them. It really builds hand-leg awareness and coordination. I have only one other friend who used this and both of us agree it really makes a difference. I sold mine couple of years back but she's passing hers to me.

Mind you, my hb and I have absolutely zilch sports genes. So if it's anything, it's not genes lol!

I'm not a spokesperson just sharing what I found really useful. I've very little toys other than that.

Also must clarify I'm not talking about over stimulation here. Many parents will chide overstimulating a child then buy many toys for the child without blinking an eye. So for me, if we're buying toys at all, might as well make it useful toys.

Wendy: it's a good news that the leaking has gotten lesser
happy.gif
JIA u and I m sure everything will b fine.

Keep us posted
happy.gif

Hey ladies! Just got my amnio result! All is well! Is a boy for me! Looks like no bb gal luck! Anyhow am glad is over after the emergency ops and amnio test! Wishing all of us a smooth sailing pregnancy from now on, especially for Wendy! Have faith! Jia you!

Wendy, great that leakage is lesser!! It's really not easy to total bed rest, u are doing very well, bb will be fine! Take care!!

Canopy, congrats!! All boys don't need to worry too much lah... All can share the same things!

Hammie : honestly I am ok Liao so long the bb is safe n healthy! Was so worried since had the cyst! After all the trouble of emergency c-sec, and then amnio test, am mentally drained. True, the consolation is that #2 can inherit some of #1 clothed tho I have already given out 10 boxes to my friends.

Canopy, yup yup, having a healthy baby is most important!! And now u can have a load off ur shoulder!! Jut enjoy ur pregnancy!! 10 boxes of old clothings is alot!!!!!

Wendy,
Jia you...glad to hear that less leaking.

Canopy, congrats to the good result.
now I m parying hard for my amnio test on next tue. I m going to be the first one @ 745am. I m fine if I get another boy even I already got 2 boys...most important my bb is healthy.

Congrats canopy
happy.gif
happy for u. Now u can hv a peace of mind and enjoy your pregnancy.

BP: which dr doing for u your amnio test? Done at TMC also??

Wendy, glad to know that there is less leaking now. Looking forward for your good news. At least the doc is nice enough to expedite your result.

Congrats canopyhaze, at least now u can have a peaceful weekends. Can feel your excitement from ur msg. V happy for you too.

Thanks ladies!! Yup, I can relax now and go for my holiday in 1wk's time!

Bp: wishing u all the best for your amnio test next!

Hammie: thats only part of #1 clothes! I didn't get to inherit any bb clothes from anyone as most of my friends have given birth long time ago. So I bought all the clothes! And I told my friends n relatives not to buy any bb clothes for #1 as hubby n I prefer to style our son ourselves. Wow, imagined the amount of $$ spent on #1!

Congrats canopyhaze on ur good results!! Happy for u.

Wendy pls rest well n continue to talk to bb. You will be fine.
happy.gif

I hope my baby is also healthy, waiting for detailed scanning in 2.5 weeks time.. Such a long wait..

Do u mummies felt ur tummy harden sometimes? I felt it recently. I tot that only happen in 3 tri? Any mummies experience tat too? I'm in week 17.

Congrats, canopyhaze. Must be a heavy load off your mind!

Wendy, jia you!

Precious: Ya, my tummy also harden especially at night! And becoz this is my #2, I think i can see a very very faint linea nigra line appearing. *faint* I'm only going into 14 weeks lor.... I thought the line only appear after 20+ weeks.

Valerie,
My gynea is from Glen but she refer me to SGH to do it..But there is a specific doc to do for me. I have not talk to her in detail. Going to see her on Monday and do my test on tue.

Hi gals, just came back from scan and the situation hasn't improved much since the last scan. Gynae said the water still very little.. This means the hole has not close up yet. Have to be on strict bed rest now meaning even when having meals also must lie down..

Gynae said t amnio test result fastest can only be out in 7 days and I guess we will wait till then and if the bb is normal, will continue to bed rest until the fluid goes back to normal level.. Will try until the last moment before I have to make a decision. I am not going to give up and told bb to work hard with mummy coz I really wana see my bb in jan..

Eve though I m feeling really down and emotional But I am trying my best to think positive ..

Thanks for all the Jia yous... Deeply appreciated

<font color="119911">Wendy, keep up the gd work!
You both will be fine!
happy.gif

canopy, congrats!!!
Finally another load off ur chest n can enjoy ur holi liao! ;)

Precious, I do get hardened tummy occasionally especially after meals.
Not sure if it's bec this is my #2, that's y experiencing earlier as i rem my tummy only harden during 3rd tri for #1.
But I guess this is nothing to be worried abt!
happy.gif
</font>

Morning mummies.... Went for checkup yesterday and he said most likely a 肥妹. Hee... Hee... Managed to tag on the baby girl dust in this thread... Finally gotten my wish. Can close shop liao... I was made to stay back for half an hr cos urine detected high sugar for the last two visits. Did the instant prick finger blood test and heng ah... Result normal... However, still must control my sugar level.... Previous preg also like that... But this time round detected sugar at a too early stage which according to Dr Ben is not a good sign...Next visit 3 weeks later after detailed scan...

Wendy, jia you. Hope everything will be fine... Rest well...
Wendy,

Sorry to disturb your thread but I have the following to sell as I've stopped breastfeeding in June.

1) Medela Freestyle Breastpump - Local set, warranty till May 2013, very good condition as only used for 3 weeks, pumped once a day at most.
http://www.olx.com.sg/medela-freestyle-breastpump-iid-418654184

2) Medela Mini Electric Breastpump - Local set, warranty till 2013, very good condition as only used 3 times.
http://www.olx.com.sg/medela-mini-electric-breastpump-iid-418657450

3) Medela PersonalFit Breastshields L size (1 pair) - Good condition as low usage
http://www.olx.com.sg/medela-personalfit-breastshields-l-size-27mm-iid-418659625

4) Avent Breast Shells - Opened &amp; sterilised but unused

5) MAM Nipple Shields Size 2 - Unopened

Please PM me if you are interested. Thanks mummies!

Hi mommies, congratz to all and sorry to disturb as I have a few items to let go, and all in great conditions:

1. Baby bjorn organic miracle carrier, 9.9/10, in box. Only used less than 5 times. Retail price $350+, letting go mine at $260. Almost $100 off for a brand new looking newest edition carrier.

2. Peg perego 2011 Pliko in stylish black with pattern, 9/10, only wheels has wear marks not anywhere else. Seldom use as I didn't go out much and only delievered end of April. Retail price $750+, letting go at $500.

3. Medela swing electronic pump, 8.5/10, local set so no need converter. Free 3 slim btls(great for initial stage pump n feeding), 1 pack of valves&amp;membranes, 1 pack of membranes. All letting go at $150.

4. Brand new Mom-in-mind ring sling in grey letting go at $25, retail price $40+.

5. Brand new Pupsik pouch in ballet pink, free matching key pouch(retail price$6.90), letting go at $35.

All are great deals and condition as described. Can view item before proceed. If interested, plz text me at 92303928 for pic or further discussion.

Thank you all and have a smooth &amp; happy pregnancy! ;))

Good morning ladies!

Went for a kid pizza making session with our hubby n our son yesterday afternoon, our son had so much fun, we knocked out quite early last nite, wide awake right now. MAybe bcos am excited to go to work this morning! Have a great week ahead to all mummies!

Canopy, congrats on your good amnio result and hope you have a good start at work today.

Wendy, jiaoyou and think positive!

Friends, congrats to you also on having a girl!

Good morning ladies.. Monday blue blue blue... Backache last nite.. Luckily got paste Tiger plaster, today pain gone...

Thanks Canopyhaze &amp; belle! Can't wait for detailed scan in 3 weeks' time to confirm 100% so that i can start shopping for hair bands, hellokitty tops/rompers.

Congrate, Canopyhaze for your good results
happy.gif

can't remember my password for my computer!

Thanks Belle &amp; Friends!
My detailed scan is on 01Sep, still got a long while to go, going back to dr paul for review when i back from holiday on 13Aug.

Hi ladies, down with flu, cough and sore throat. Wonder if keep coughing will affect BB? hhaha. hv seen doc though but hv hard time swallowing pills and drinking syrup. Keep puking cos of the horrible taste.
sad.gif

Hi ladies, anyone can feel your bb movement??? I still cant feel it....feeling a bit paranoid now
sad.gif
. I m in week 17.

Canopy: can check with you do you feel wetness after the amnio test...I think i am paranoid after knowing abt Wendy's case....I do feel a bit wet at times but not to the extend of very wet.

hey mummies, morning!

Been having headache for the whole day yesterday and still having headache now. Any mummies also having headaches frequently since second trimester? Wonder if got any natural remedies to "cure" headaches.

Gynae said most likely i'm having a girl. yeah! same as Friends, i'll be having my detailed scan in 3+ weeks time.

re: baby movement
I just started to feel abit over the weekend. I'm now just starting week 17. Valerie, don't worry. Maybe urs is first child, that's why take longer to feel the flutterings? Anyway the kicks are random one, u may just feel once or twice every long while. Feels like stomach juice, but below or near ur belly button.
happy.gif

canopyhaze, jiayou on ur "first" day of work after a long break.
happy.gif

friends, preg can use tiger paste?? I tot cannot, so i endured thru all the backaches and pains during my first preg. better check if it's suitable for preggies ya?

anyone bought Avent 125ml from baby fair? Seems a good deal as it is $7++ w/o box.

I bought 2 and also tempted to buy piegon as the new bottle teat which designed similar to breast feeding..

I spent ard $200+ yst buying baby stuff but mostly for #1... lol

Shice, this will be my 3rd child...i just login babycentre to check on this bb movement thing..this is what is stated:

When will I feel my baby move for the first time?

Feeling those first, tiny sensations inside is such an exciting landmark in your pregnancy. If this is your first pregnancy, it may take you a while to realise that those gentle fluttering sensations in your belly are your baby's movements. When you get these feelings, it's known as quickening. You will probably start to be aware of something when you're about 18 to 20 weeks pregnant, although it can be later.

If you've had a baby before, you'll know the tell-tale signs. You'll probably start to notice your baby moving around between 15 and 18 weeks.

Valerie, I'm in week 16, can't feel bb movement also although second time mother is supposed to feel earlier. You may call your doc to check but meanwhile don't worry too much.

Ladies, I think i m getting paranoid now...will try to relax and dont think so much. I recalled that I only feel my son's movement (my 2nd pregnancy) after I did my detailed scanning. Hubby kept saying i have been thinking too much...while i m typing now, i think i can feel my bb movement lei...

Anyway I will b seeing my gynae next week and hope by then I will receive my amnio test result
happy.gif
Still worry especially when my mind is free from work.

bliss ling, $7 per bottle is cheap!! which baby fair did u get the bottles from? I'm interested to get the bottles too!

Valerie, wow 3rd baby! nice.. maybe u try to lie still on ur back or on ur side? sometimes we r too busy in the day to really feel the light fluttering movements. Esp when we have older kids. maybe talk to ur baby and ask him/her to give u a big kick? heh.

Val: I don't have any wetness after the amnio; everything as per normal. Do monitor your situation. As for bb movement, i am not too sure whether it is the bb movement or what as i couldn't recall how it feel like. Just be patient, am sure we will feel the movement soon.

Shice : thanks! goign for my welcome lunch on my 1st day back to office. =)

Valerie, i'm also in week 17 and didn't really feel much movement yet and like u, was nervous and paranoid... thinking of all the negative stuff for the past 2 weeks... But after going for my gynae's visit on Sat, my mind is now settled. Gynae said baby is well and ok, heartbeat is about 150 and bigger size than ave.

Shice, i've asked Dr Ben before regarding the use of plaster... He said ok. I have been enduring the on-off pain till yesterday. Last nite was really painful and i can't even turn properly so 'bopian', it's either I use or take panadol. Sigh... Old is like that wan..

Back