(2013/01) Jan 2013

Happybirthday, Sylvia, I am also still having MS, esp after meals... but it's much better compared to few weeks ago, at least I can come back to work now. Just that there are alot of triggers in public for vomiting, like foodcourt smells, perfumes.. those really kill me..

I'm hoping that my nose will not be so sensitive in another 1-2 weeks... cos smells really makes me sick and puke..

Tummy,

I have a colleague who preggy and guess what I dont even know she preggy and when she abt to give birth, her tummy is like 3 months preggy... so good cos that mean less stretch marks...

@ cheese, mine also growing so much bigger.. Perhaps #2 so skin is more elastic.

Outing on 4/8
I cant join as I going for Abbott seminar " Raise a smart thinker"

<font color="119911">Just to share, whatsapp for iphone is free now! For those who have yet to install, should do it soon!</font>

i can't joing outing on 4 aug cos having a one yr old bdae party to attend...

wendy,
update us after ur scan yea. hope u can go home soon. =)

Wendy~ all the best for the scan.. should b fine.. dun worry! n so happy to know u can feel your baby kick! *Exciting

Cheese~ My tummy is as big now at 15weeks.. night time even bigger! Initially i thought i had twins but no.. I was chubby to begin with and have short body so I guess the bulge is even more obvious!

wendy, jia you!

Wenyl, good luck for your amnio

Canopy, i get the pulling pain before when i am walking sometimes. i have to stop walking and rest. this preg not yet.

fullhouse, ok share more when meet! yes when i realise my EDD date is early Jan I was quite sian cos i wanna go with my boy to his first day in school. and yes I registered in 2B.

Wendy, happy to know abt ur good news.. continue to jia you jia you!
happy.gif

Jos, will yaolan cause the bad temper? my 14mth boy oso very bad tempered! now that u mentioned it, could that be the cause? hmm...

Re: Yaolan
Initially i din wan to let my boy sleep in yaolan though i have one passed down portable one. then one day, my aunt and uncle dropped by and asked if we using, we said no. my uncle highly recommended yaolan cos his 4 kids (my cousins) all slept in yaolan till they were quite big and head round round. we told him abt the shaking of brain blah blah, he said wont lah. All his 4 kids quite smart, all graduated from uni, one pharmacist, one teacher, one doctor, another one still studying. so no impact on them mah. haha. so i let my boy slept in yaolan since he was second month lor. plus my mil oso said put in yaolan he can sleep better. i m still considered as lucky cos i m still thinking how i shld wean him off the yaolan, until one day when he was ard 13mth old, he suddenly weaned himself off, by flipping in the yaolan and cried whenever we put him inside to sleep. this happened for a few days then we realised he dun wan yaolan. he prefers to sleep on the bed. one month plus now, occasionally my mum will still put him inside when he woke up from his short nap, but still sleepy, she will rocked him to sleep. else if we put him inside, he will refuse to sleep in it.
and good thing that my boy loved to sleep in the baby carrier whenever we brought him out and put him inside. he can fall asleep within minutes if he is sleepy! so we dun need to worry abt how he can get to sleep outside.

As for cot, my boy had been sleeping on my bed since he was two months old, until recently we shifted him to a mattress beside our bed. he refused to sleep inside the cot. even after he was asleep, we moved him inside, he will stand up and cry and want us to carry him back to our bed! so the cot is a white elephant in my room. only put him inside when he was awake and i need to confine him not to crawl around.

happybirthday, i saw an ad from spring maternity. They sell maternity pillow "Theraline" brand for $109, usual price $129. U can go find out more if u interested.
happy.gif

re: sleeping
do u all still sleep on ur back? I have the tendency to sleep on my back still, though i try to sleep on the side whenever i'm "conscious". dunno if sleeping on back will cause backaches.

Wenyl, fullhouse, pinkdice, u all are tempting me to quit my job!! haha.. but seriously, how u all cope with single income? Do u all give up holidays, give up restuarant meals to survive on a single income? Even so, how much does hubby have to spend monthly for household stuff? Exclude some pocket money for u. just some of the thoughts i have whenever i tot of gg down the path of SAHM.

re: waking up at night
I also wake up at night ard 1am and 3am to pee and then try to force myself back to bed. the only time i could sleep well is btw 4-7am.

Wendy and little baby, that's great news to hear that the water is accumulating!! yeah~ as for the test results, dun worry. everything will turn out perfect!! jiayou!! Fighting!! We'll all see ur little one coming to this world in Jan 13!
happy.gif

Wendy, good news!! Amino result will be good too! Take care! U are doing super well, I can't imagine if I can bed rest for so long...

Shince,
I quited my job since I'm preg with #1.. Almost 2.5years now... I enjoy bringing him out and meeting his fellow Nov 2010 friends.. But I get really tired after I got preg with #2, so mostly we are at home.. Hub is the sole bread winner now and he earns average... But we didn't really change our life style or I would say its difficult to change... I guess now our expenses is higher than income hahaha I'm sure we are surviving on our savings, lucky that we manage to save abit before I quit my job.. So I'm planning to go back to work in 3 years time when #2 goes to school...

Yaolan
My boy sleeps in cot, we never rock him to sleep since young, we only pat but no rocking, I heard from my friend who let her son sleep in yaolan that it takes him super long to fall asleep when they go overseas n no yaolan..

4/8 meet up
Cant do meet up on weekends, usually weekends very busy with family...

Sleeping pillow
I am using 2 bolsters, I normally sleep on my side, so will hug a bolster to support my tummy, then another one to support my back.. Hahah and one for pillow to lift up my legs... Hahaha

Canopy,
I get tailbone pain for last few weeks.. Sometime will ask hub to massage for me... Lucky that it seems to be gone since early this week. My friend said wearing Fitflop helps in her tailbone pain, she say no more pain after she changed her flats to Fitflop..

Shice, I thought about it for over a year before finally decided to stay home.. it was not an easy decision! lifestyle wise, the bulk of expenses i believe is in kid's education, all the enrichment courses... i think i can adjust the other aspects like food, holidays... Maybe I will need to cab less and take buses more
sad.gif

All these just to spend precious growing up years with them which I dont think I will regret giving up my career for this!
happy.gif

Sleeping pillow
i didnt buy or use any sleeping pillows during my first pregnancy and i suffered cos i'm used to sleeping on my back. This time I might invest in a pregnancy pillow which I can continue to use for breastfeeding... I try to break down the cost to $10 per month for a $100 investment (assuming I breastfeed for 4 months minimum)..

Meetup
I also cant do weekends usually, if meet on weekdays i could leave them with mom for a day if she is free otherwise will need to bring no.1 and maid along else cant have a proper conversation... no.1 is 2 yrs old and really sticky to me nowadays..

Shice,

as for SAHM, single income seemed to be lesser luxury but not so. 5 yrs now, never regret n just normal family lifestyle.

Coz if u put in CC or infant care, it will also take half of the pay? For single income, some family can enjoy Kifas govnerment subsidary, my #1's sch fee is v low.
happy.gif

I think holiday might not to so far and long period but still can add into your budget.

I still go restaurant too. Not like what you think.

I also bought kid for performances, musicals, short courses, plays etc. I just budget and decide what to go and what not to.

Like toys, my toys are branded ones - fisherprice but I got all from warehouse sales. So this is how I can enjoy while save $$. My #1 has sensitive skin so need to use and can only use pamper and calendular cream for whole body, so hv to budget n stock up when price is low.

I save on FM as #1 hates FM/ powdery stuff, latch all the way, dun like milk bottles too.

#1 toilet trained by age 2, so I save on diaper and diaper cream, wet wipes.

Overall, maybe not so much $$ like having ur own income, but the financial part is part n parcel.

Not sure what other SAHM do too? Maybe can share their experience, then we save more!
happy.gif

I just read sleeping on back caused backache.

I sleep on my right as I read it's better for bb, but when I sleep on right, I feel the pain as I think bb kicking me. So most of the time I sleep on the left which was told nt advisable. In the end I sleep on the back and wont feel the pain... but caused backacke.

Then how?
Use pillow to support the legs?

I hv a pillow to support my back when I sleep on my left.

oh sleeping on the back will cause backache ah?

when I'm conscious I will try to sleep on my side, left side coz they say it will improve the blood flow to the placenta. Correct me if I got the wrong side.

Hi all, I have a 2 months old babyplus set for sale.
My wife used it for less than a month.
Her sister gave us an old set so we're selling this one.
Condition: 9.9/10 with box
Asking $250.
Interested pls sms 91553916

Tres,

Is it left or right side that is more advisable?
I tot is right as better lung development... I might rem wrongly though

:p

Blur........

tres > I agree with u.. my gynae also adv me to slp on the left side for my #1. It was said to improve the blood flow to baby. sleeping on right side is not encouraged.

and ya. the weight of the tummy (in later stage) is not good for our back.. so, try to slp on the left side more often..

my mom doesnt really like to use wet wipe on my #1. As she told me, sometimes, wipes will trigger allergic reactions from baby. she prefers to use wet cotton to clean #1's butt. Just like when #1 was a newborn, she too uses the wet cotton to clean the eyes and face. just wet the cotton with cool boiled water will do. This saves even more than using wipes..

wipes, i use them when out with #1.

thanks mummies, but sleeping onthe right will not harm too much right?

I prefer sleeping on the right than left.. more comfy for me leh! but sleep for long, my left hip n butt quite sng ... but have to adjust &amp; get used to it ba!

Xinyue, I agree to use Cotton wool to wipe bb bum, during my ML days, if I'm home, I will use cotton wool and warm water to wipe bb, i feel it is better then those wet wipes even though it's mentioned with no preservatives blah blah blah.... plus I guess it will save more $$$ too.

tres > maybe u can try putting bolsters/pillow behind u when u r sleeping on ur right or left? guess they act as support.. try putting a small pillow underneath ur stomach too.. for the additional support..

yeah.. hi5. sometimes, i am crazy enough to lug the wet cotton with me when i go out..

my gynae, if i remembered correctly, told me once in a while, is ok to sleep on the right side or on our back.. we cant be always sleeping on the left through out the night, right?

for a peace of mind, maybe u can double check with gynae on that?

to save some $$ on toys (branded or not), if don't mind, can get 2nd hand toys. some are still in excellent or good condition. as kiddies, outgrow them quite fast..

SAHM
Really pei fu all the SAHMs! Tempted to be a SAHM but I think I'll find it really difficult - retrenchment is so common these days so hubby and I will have no backup plan if he's retrenched. Also I guess it'll be difficult to give up my career.. wondering if I'll go crazy at home alone with the baby.

4/8 gathering
I can't make it either as already made plans.. Have fun!

Thk u to mummies who gave us advuse on nursing bras and wear.
happy.gif

Maternity pillow:
I just bought a long bolster that serve me well so far, and use a normal pillow to support my back. I see that pregnancy pillows have really odd shape, size &amp; is expensive and not that useful after a while. With a regular bolster, it can still be used in the future, even as safety fence for Baby, I think.
happy.gif

Sleeping on the side:
My midwife told me although sleeping on the left is recommended, towards yr last trimester, there will be times when Baby will 'force' you to turn to sleep on right side coz he/she feel crushed or dun like it on some days when you lie on yr left.
So the bottom line is - whatever that makes us comfortable that time, use that position!

Bleeding gums:

Have started getting sensitive gums that bleed when I floss and even simply using the toothpick after meals. Anyone like me? So scared of gingivitis that I brush my teeth after each meal now and rinse with Listerine twice a day...

Wendy, great to hear the good news! Keep up your spirit and stay happy and positive and be will be happy too! Jiayou!

SAHM: hmm... Dun think I hv the temperament for being a SAHM and really kudos to those of u who make this decision as it is not an easy one! I would like half day work arrangement but some companies may make pay u half the pay yet still work u quite hard! Sigh... Haha maybe just sian w work and also tired from being preggy!

Bleeding gums:
Celia, nowadays my gums bleed very badly every time when I brush my teeth.... Think going to book a dental appt soon... I hv not used mouth wash yet tho does that help somewhat?

Non-first time mummies:
Gynae tells me I can carry my 2yo boy all the way during preggy. Is there really no 'limit' to when we stop carry the older child coz they can be rather heavy wor.... And I am worried that I may not really know what the 'limit' is....

bdmummy,

carry #1, I was told not to carry since I know I preg. Only can sit and then carry. Mine is about 15.5kg.

Bdmummy, carrying heavy stuff might cause low placenta too... My boy is 11kg and my hubby keep asking me not to carry him, he's afraid that I will get low placenta as his colleague got it..

SAHM saving money,
I latched my boy for 1year so I saved quite abit on milk powder and bottles.
I always buy diapers and milk powder when it's on offer, normally during fairs, so far cheapest I came across is Watsons expo sales for pampers... Stocked up quote abit... Then I always use May Bank Family and Friends credit card which gives 5% cash rebate for NTUC, CS etc... Sometime promotion will have 10% rebate.. Which is quite good as now I patronize these places more often...

Good morning mummies!

I had spotting first few weeks so was advised not to over exert myself including carrying no.1. I know that for a perfectly fine pregnancy (i.e. no low placenta, no spotting) carrying anything is fine as the baby is firmly implanted and set to grow! If the pregnancy is no good, mcs are easily triggered..

I carried my no.1 (14kg) last week while waiting for taxi in line for about 10 mins and my back/ tailbone was hurting at night... so i try to avoid prolonged carrying of heavy things... Like l3x says I believe it is true that it may cause backaches...

Bdmummy : i seldom carry my boy (2.5yr 14kg) since pregnant, i only carry him to bring him in &amp; out of the car seat when i send him to childcare everyday; and also when i finsihed showering him. These days i didn't carry him at all since my operation &amp; amnio, it had been a month.

hi mummies, just popped in to say hi... Have been so busy in the day and so tired at night I never seem to find time to come in here to kaypoh...

Canopy, u did ur amnio already? Are the results out? Sorry uh, u must have posted but I didn't manage to catch it. I also seldom carry my gal (hb does it often), cos I get tired easily and dun feel like carry her (she sometimes like to trash ard and may end up kicking my tummy). :p

hammiebao, I also TBF for 11 mths thru exclusive pumping... Very tedious work but it's true really saves up a lot of milk powder money lor... My parents would sponsor most of the diapers (cos they insist must use Mamy Poko). and Yah, i would usually spam buy diapers when they are on offer. Only thing is when my gal was weaned on BM, she started drinking this jap formula - Wakodo(only sold at Mediya &amp; Isetan), never on offer!!!
sad.gif
hope this second one not so picky...

Snowger : yup, done with my amnio test, and everything is ok, and i am expecting a boy.

Re : bf
I have tried to bf for 8mths thru pumping, and stopped after the supply became very little.

Snowger, hahaha ur girl know how to choose!! I think pumping requires more work... Hubby and I were too lazy to wash the pump everyday so I do direct latch on... Hahaha
As for milk powder, actually I didn't let my boy choose... Hahaha I just feed him Enfa.. Till he drinks it well... I stocked up quite abit before they price raise in March!! Milk powder happily up 10% in March and don't know why government not controlling it!! So expensive!!

Morning ladies!

Been sleeping on my right. After reading the posts about sleeping on the left side, made a conscious effort to do so last nite. End up, aching left arm till now. Lol!

Re Carrying my boy. Hard not to carry when he hug my legs like a koala bear and keep reciting 'bao bao'. Heart melt leh... But I try not to carry him more than 5 mins...even if I want to carry him for long also can't. Nowadays, I feel light headedness easily when carrying grocery or standing in a position for long... Usually will tell him that I'm in pain and he must walk cos big boy already. It works most of the time....

Re Milk Powder &amp; diaper
I always buy in bulk when the milk powder is on sales,luckily for us, my son is not fussy, he will drink whichever brand we bought, Normally is Mamil Gold, S26, Enfa, Pedisure). As for diaper, my boy is using MamyPoker &amp; Pampers, hubby &amp; I actually stocked up more than 40boxes of Pampers (size M, L &amp; XL)at one time. Talking abt Kiasu! :p

Diapers..
Erm.. using PETPET.. for me.. I stock up when there is sales too.. but normally, i will stock up on one size bigger than what #1 is currently wearing..
PETPET is cheaper than Mamypoky &amp; Pampers.. hee~

Carrying my #1..
My gynae adv me not to carry as he is afraid #1 might kick my stomach and then baby no more..
I tried carrying my #1 (10kg) and my pelvic got the sng sng feeling + stomach cramps..

Re: saving money and toilet training

Any mummy has successfully toilet trained their child who is younger than 2 years old? Any tips to share? I know I'm supposed to get her to wear the training pants and keep asking her if she needs to go potty, but it's so tedious...she never tells me when she needs to go and the accident usually happens despite me asking her. So I have to constantly put her on the potty, which is tiring in our pregnant state. How long will it take before she becomes embarrassed by her accidents and actually tells me?

hammiebao,
Thanks for the tip on the Maybank card, I didn't know there was such a promotion. Does it work together with the linkpoints?

hi mummies, many thanks for sharing on carrying #1... think I will try to avoid carrying as much as possible (better to be safe than sorry), and if really need to carry, no more than a few short min... FRIENDS, my boy keeps asking 'Mum bao bao x infinity' too!

Saving $: haha I only buy pampers when on sales, coz the savings are substantial. Hammiebao, I also use the Maybank Friend and Family card - the 5% rebate is a good deal! Also I hv downgraded wipes from Pigeon to Pureen and now to Toys R Us brand - haha $3.50 for 80 pcs in a pack, Buy 2 get 1 FOC! A bit thinner, but it still works afterall just clean and throw away.

Lm, my boy was off diaper in the day time after 2 years old, he continued with diapers at night till he was about 3 years old. But on &amp; off, he does wet the bed. Now that he is 5 years old, he could hold his bladder throughout the night. No need to rush into toilet training if your girl is not ready. She will be eventually especially when she starts to attend pre-school.

Sleeping position : I don't care left, right or center. I just want to have a good night sleep. I have been deprived of sleep lately. Always wake up around 2-3AM and couldn't sleep till almost 5-6AM.

Just bought a body contour pillow from og. So far, seems to work. Sleep better at nite. Cheap cheap - less than $30. It is longer than a bolster.

Saving money
Lol not sure. I'm not a big spender by nature.

Enrichment
This will be the bulk of expenditure for most parents. Sometimes it's also trying to keep up with the joneses coz you don't want your children to feel deprived.

I don't send my children for academic enrichment. 读这么多书做什么?so I teach them myself. Academic enrichment is very expensive, and more often not, a true waste of money.

Infants
They actually need very little in life. I don't have a sterilizer. I dont spend that much on milk storage bags, baby cubes, bottles etc etc...

Yes we cloth diaper and use cotton to clean their backs.

Use also all our credit cards points to exchange for ntuc, cold storage vouchers... I don't pay anything for Christmas as all gifts are exchanged with credit cards points from toysrus...

My children's clothes are mainly hand me downs. I'm not fussy. I didn't buy a single toy for my child before 1. On his full month and first birthday, I got all the toys. I passed it along to others then by the time number 2 comes, people are very willing to pass them back, along with tonnes of their own :D

I passed along more than 10 boxes of toys and I didn't buy any of them! All my neighbors are eager to pass me theirs now...

I also realize something. When you stop work, you find less need to spend on fancy stuff to mitigate your absence. So we use the most basic cots, most basic mattress (you know there are too many fanciful ones out there), the most basic diapers etc. It no longer matters to us because we know we are giving so much better things to our children -companionship.

Fullhouse > well said.. may i ask.. do u TBF? how do u sterilise the bottles? by boiling or? envy that people around u are passing their hand me downs. that helps to save alot!

hmm.. thought i was the only one who used cotton to clean baby's butt.. seems like wipes are more common.

Xy,
Yes I tbf. Of course there are days I go out and I pump. I boil to sterilize! Coz the most I use 1 bottle so it's still ok.

I use cotton and water coz my #1 developed rashes from the chemicals in wipes. The moment we started using cotton and water, the rashes stopped. Hmmmm

Fullhouse > Thanks. Could you pls adv on the steps to sterilise milk bottle through boiling?

I see.. so wipes actually triggered the allergic reaction in your #1. My mom was right!

LM, yup can be used together with NTUC Link card or passion card at CS... I find the card not bad, it also give one free membership at Exlopere Kids &amp; 12% off entrance fee, so sometime I will bring my boy there to run around!!

Cheap wipes,
Kodomo wipes big packet is selling at $2 (buy 10 get 1 free) at watsons during promotion, I heard many people stock up that too.

Back