(2013/01) Jan 2013

Hi Ladies

Thanks for the warm welcome!!

Celia ~ I think i m the oldest mum here
happy.gif
Already cross 40 but never want to give up my dream of having 3 kids in the family
happy.gif
After this delivery ~ definitely close factory
happy.gif

bliss_ling ~ yes, I am also seeing Dr A L Lim..I hv been seeing him since my first pregnancy
happy.gif
Also refer and advised by him to do amnio for my pregancies as I was 36 when I gave birth to my daughter in Y2006
happy.gif

To b frank, i m not too afraid (compared to the first time) with the amnio test coz me did it twice
happy.gif
The most worry part is the result
happy.gif
. Well, I keep telling myself that everything is going to be fine like my 2 pregnancies
happy.gif

<font size="+1"><font color="993366 "> HEY LADIES!!! I'M BACK!!!

Been MIA for a while cos of super bad ADS... anyway, an update..hehehe

I'm having TWINS!!! Surprising for me... hahaha... and also, confirm it's a boy and a girl... so can close factory already!!!

How's everyone??</font></font>

congrats ally... ya... finally.. a pair of twinnies in our jan thread.

n that's y u hv so bad ADS since very early stage... so fun (of cos..i mean the long feng tai preg)!! woohooooooo~

Valerie: i'm also similar to u.. but i suffered 2 blighted ovum for my first 2 preg. now i'm currently 16 weeks and sometimes still worry if everything is ok esp when i didn't get much of the usual pregnancy symptoms..

Same here, i suffered a MC in Jan too, and dread every scan. Even now @ wk15, i still have the fears that bb is not growing well. Hope is common for all MTBs.

congrats ally ... thinking how come u MIA so long.. Do ur edd will be in dec then?

@ Valerie, wow.. we seeing same gynae.. hehehee long wait at his clinic hor plus I gave up asking Jianing which day Dr Lim has no c-sect cos I always get an unfavourable answer. I had a D &amp; C last yr after found out that bb heart beat stopped at week 9

@ shice, ya lor .. it mummy's seperation anxiety

Shice, I wonder how leh if i give birth?? hiazzz.. have already told my mum that I will place her in her caregiving.. feel safer to let her be with my mum than mil

<font size="+1"><font color="ff0099"> hehehe.. thanks ladies! I'm actually a bit shocked... cos for 1st scan, only can see 1 bb... then onto my 2nd and 3rd scan, can see the hidden one...

now i'm worry... i don't know how am i going to deal with twins!!!

and that explains why my ADS is so bad... even till today, i'm still suffering from ADS...not as bad as before but it's terrible...

weight also not yet gone up... haha... and surprisingly, tummy still flat...

and yes..gynae expected delivery to be in Dec instead of Jan..

so i guess i've to think abt pri school now... since it's the year of dragon..and very competitive... </font></font>

Ally, congrats congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!
happy.gif
So happy for u... so lucky to have one boy and one girl! U concieve naturally?

<font size="+1"><font color="ff3399"> Snowger
ya... natural one... also don't know how...cos hubby and mine family don't have twins history... so we are quite puzzled too.. haha... still waiting for tummy to show... then can change to maternity clothings... right now, i'm still wearing my normal clothes...</font></font>

hahahaa.. ally... dun worry. actually bringing up twins isnt take scary.. or any more difficult than a singleton de. juz that things hfta buy in higher quantity... at least at times.. u dun hfta be there 24/7.. cos u know they hv each others' company. it's really fun to watch them grow up tog.. n all.

although some ob-gynaes r ok abt it... u hfta take extra care. but anyways.. since yrs are boy-girl twins, they muz be in different placenta? i tink u still might be able to try natural if ur up to it. yr preg wun b as high risk as an 'identical twin' pregnancy.

good luck n enjoy the pregnancy.

i was juz telling hb this mrng.... i missed the period whn my girls were inside me.. smtimes the tummy get totally out of shape esp whn one of them turn out of plc. it was really fun. :)

<font size="+1"><font color="ff0099"> OH... AHBUI!! U've got twins too right?? YAY!!! I can ask u for advise!!!

mine is not identical twins..both have their own water bag...must have ovulated 2 eggs??

my gynae did say i can try natural birth if i want to... depending on the bbies later on...

i'm trying to enjoy the pregnancy ... cos this will be my 1st and last pregnancy..hahaha...</font></font>

Ally congrats! Such good news! Long feng tai in long nian. Dr Adelina wong will be asking u to deliver naturally r c-section?

ally:: no prob.. if i can help. :)
but mine was a monozygotic twinning....high risk de. so.. yr pregnancy shld b easier n more fun.

allyfan, natural! Wah you REALLY very heng de lor... :p It's "technically" possible for ovaries to release 2 eggs and then be fertilised by 2 seperate sperms. that's how pple end up getting fraternal twins (i.e non identical twins).
happy.gif
But to have 2 eggs and different gender. U're one lucky gal!!! :p

Ally congrats!!
will be fun as I saw my frd with 1 girl 1 boy. very funny sometimes!!

Ahbu can be ur good advisor!
happy.gif

Ahbu, me only one, tummy always out of shape n doing somersault, so cant imagine 2 playing and 'fighting' Lol

Eh.... so fast wear maternity clothes? I still wearing loose normal clothes with a bump nw.

About watching movie,

when I was watching lord of the ring, there was one scene where the tree spirit roared, the one in the tummy kicked me real hard. :p

Then watch musical ' rock it', kick with rhythm!

Watch untold story of Beethoven, kick when heard music of Beethoven, whole movie was empty except music part.

So can conclude the bb felt the beat??

Congrats Ally!!
It's better to have two. They grow independent faster! Lucky girl :D You must be ecstatic;)

SAHMs and canopyhaze
We can meet up early next weekday! Just to wish canopy a smooth, successful amnio! Shice?

Weekend
Seems like more can make it on the 4th? Suggestion of location?

1. Cafe at an indoor playground (so kids can play)
2. Outdoor (beach/botanic garden etc)
3. Restaurant with small indoor play area

Go ahead and suggest. I have absolutely no idea at all

Congrats Ally!! What a nice surprise!! Please take good care!! I guess u will feel more tiring than us as u have twins!!

Congrats LDG!! Hope my boy has a mei mei too!! Hee

Primary school
Lucky that I need not to worry about getting into a good school, hub is old boy and we have choice of mixed or a boy school, both good school but I'm thinking if it will be stressful! Haiz...

Meet up
I can meet up almost all weekday lunch.. Had been rotting at home since I'm preg.. Hahaha but my super clingy #1 will be always with me... He's getting more and more clingy!!

Baby fair at Expo...
I went today and I think it's like a pasar malam! Many stall selling same things, mostly baby rompers and mittens... I didn't get anything at all... Only have Avent and Cordlife for big brands... No Pigeon or Heinz...

<font color="119911">Thanks to all, and ya, I'm over the moon! Hee...
happy.gif

Congrats Ally! I've been missing your laughter!
Btw, pls stop wearing your super high heels hor.... lol

May all the mummies n mtbs get the gender of their wish!
happy.gif

Carters online having sale now and since i knw gender le, I can start shopping liao! Yeah! Keke....</font>

<font color="119911">bliss ling, my ms for this round is worse than previous round. For my boy, I din suffer much ms and dun even need to wake up in the middle of the night to pee, and no prob sleeping, unlike this time where I had ADS and have to wake up a few times at night and will hv difficulty getting back to slp.
This round, appetite is bad and complexion not so gd too (excluding the huge red nose when expecting my boy though), no craving for curries, laksa or other food cravings as well.

At the moment can only thk of these differences from expecting a girl from a boy. Main diff is the ADS la...</font>

Ally,
That's awesome news! Congrats on your long feng tai!!

Primary school
Lazy to queue so will likely send the kid to our alma mater - IJ or Catholic high. Planning to move closer to the school when the kid is older.

Taka bb fair
Bought the Medela freestyle set today.. More booths and variety than the fair at Expo.

Syyy, if my #2 is also boy then we will send boys to Cath High too... But I do hope for different gender!

LDG, I don't know gender for #2 yet but I just ordered some girl's rompers from Carter's!! Hahaha cos I already have boy rompers from #1.. Hee if boy again then give away lor.. I got around 5 friends edd in jan/feb! Sure got one is girl? Hahahah

Angeliqueous,
Here's my review as requested..
happy.gif
Attended my first prenatal Pilates class at Focus today and really enjoyed it! The exercises are specific to the needs of pregnant women, and there was a particular movement that works the pelvic muscle that I will continue to do at home. For those who've taken ballet before, just 'releve' and turn out.

Glad to be exercising again..

congrats ally!

hammiebao, syyy, you both hope for a girl? I don't mind my number 2 is a girl but my mil keeps saying hope I will have a boy, sigh... If number 2 is a girl again, I think I cannot close factory!

Averie, are you still seeing Dr Chee?

Belle2006, think syyy's #1 is boy too... So we do hope for different gender bah... Haha.. But whatever gender is fine as long as baby is healthy!!

Hammie, syyy: am hoping for a gal as well, but like wat hammie said, so long is a healthy bb hubby and I are fine.
happy.gif
if this bb is a boy, then take it as save more $$ as can wear #1 clothes.

Belle2006, Hammiebao,
I'm expecting #1 actually :p .. going to close factory after 1 baby (unless there's an accident but not likely cos we tried very hard for this one). Hoping for a girl because I've 3 sisters, and my extended family have mostly girls as well. Just a lil gender bias. Having said that, what's most important is that the baby is healthy.
happy.gif

I hope you both get your hearts' desire and have healthy little girls for your #2!

Syyy: thanks for sharing.. how many people are there in your class?

LM, Daisybutton and the rest : the bishan yoga told me that the RC she used in Bishan is closing for renovation Oct-Dec, so she is likely to look for another location to host all her weekends classes. she will need a week at least to get back. meantime, anyone else have any suggestions will be good to consider while waiting..

Syyy, oh I tot u having #2! Pai seh!! Haha Boy is very active!! Now my boy has never ending energy!!! Which I don't understand why... Sometime really driving me nuts!!

Canopy, ^5!! Let's pray for each other! Haha

Morning ladies... I also want to join the 'wishing for baby girl' club. Lol!

Congrats Ally! To get twins already bonus and to get a set of different gender is even harder... U r one lucky girl... So envy that you are still able to wear your normal clothes... Me don't know bloated like what... Ha. Ha...

Angeliqueous,
You're welcome! I had a one-on-one session (part of the package for newbies - 2 one-on-one session, 5 group classes) yesterday.. The classes are 6 pregnant women max.

Hammiebao,
No need to be pai seh!
happy.gif
ya I think boys will be more of a handful than girls, contributing to my preference for a bb girl :p

Friends,
Seems like most of us here are hoping for girls!

Congrats ally! Full of envy! I wanted twins n long feng tai! Gosh! It's really a god gift since u don't have trace of twins in your family! Cool! Moreover u still skinny! I look like six months preg..

Im also aiming for girl..

Yest I happen to know my neighbour all along think my #1 is a girl leh!!! She call her Mei Mei!!! I too Paiseh to correct her liao.. So I hope 2nd one will be pretty Mei Mei.. Lol

I don't dare to think now. If fate want me to have two boys also bO bian.. I believe that they are my past lover haha

Friends, yeah.. I also wanna join "wishing for baby girl" club!! Haha.. But my sixth sense is telling me it's a boy. Will find out next sat!!

Re: fear
I believe most mummies will some time in the preg will fear of losing the baby. I had 2 mc before so the fear is heighten when I conceive this one. To make things worse, my #1 has been kicking my tummy a few times accidentally. Dunno if anything will happen to baby. Already 3 weeks never see the little one le. Hope everything is ok. Just keep reassuring myself that it's second trim n things should be stable.

Any one felt baby kicks already? I heard second preg onwards can feel earlier.. I'm just waiting. At least in future, I can be reassured by the kicks every now n then.
happy.gif

Re: gathering
I will try to make it if I can. Keep me in the loop ya? To full house, u haven set up the fb conversation yet right? Coz I haven seen any MSG. As for 4 aug, I wun be able to make it. Got playgroup gathering w my #1 mummies.
happy.gif

Shice, me also need to wait for this coming sat to see baby. Been a mth since Oscar and gynae's checkup... Phobia while waiting leh... Don't know baby ok or not... I heard 2nd time mummies can feel the kicks as early as 14 weeks... But me not the case leh... Only occasionally some light tapping or bubble feeling... Don't know whether it's baby movement or not....

I also think mine is boy again... Very strong six sense...

My #1 told me mine is a boy and before I know I am preg, I bought her a pink bear and she asked for another bear in blue for baby.

HB said prefer girl. To me, just healthy. happy and next time close to family is important, gal or boy nt an issue.

I saw someone selling BN avent's bottles in FB. Think she doing spree. Can post here?

Can feel slight movement in tummy and bb likes to go right of tummy, so right will pop abit when there.

Back