(2013/01) Jan 2013

Baby plus,
I used for #1, but not going to use it for #2.. Haha

Cord blood banking
I stored for #1, will donate #2, If anyone wanna sign up with Cordlife, please pm me, since I'm their customer, I can intro new customers and we both get $50 off

Celia, it's my boy who failed his first hearing test not bliss lah... Yah.. Very stressful and i linked it to babyplus immediately but lucky he passed before discharged from hospital. So all is well. Yes, the sound is very loud... My baby was quite difficult to manage for the first 6 mths. But he is smart lah... But i think babies r smarter nowadays, be it with or without using baby plus..

hi mummies to be,

I have a few sample packets and half a tin of pregnancy powder (similac) to be given away

Coz i find it a waste to throw away these so

mummies who dun mind the balance milk powder pls PM me

thanks

Hello mummies!

I'm in my 9th week, went for u/scan today, saw the bb hands and legs! Doc declared it's a "chubby baby" hahaha

I had a fair bit of spotting for the 5th and 6th week. It's really reassuring to hear the heartbeat and know that bb is still with me
happy.gif

Friends
I think it's not uncommon to fail hearing test before hospital discharge. Think it's got to do with remnant of fluid or deposit left after birth.. Don't think it's babyplus, don't blame yourself.

Stemcord and cordlife
These two store cord blood, the one that uses it for research is Singapore cord blood bank or something... Between these two I heard stemcord actually uses fund for research and improvement of storage. Cordlife is basically just storage and is listed company. You know the prob with listed company (like smrt)... Profit!

Btw I didnt store cordblood for the two, but will do so thus round with stemcord.

Gender of child
Btw usually boys have more immature system when they are born. So they are more likely to have intestinal problem (colic) or fail certain 'tests'. But it's really got to do with them being boys... Shouldn't affect development that much...

Hello Ladies, I am at week 8 now. last week week feel terrible with Nausea and very giddy. this few weeks cannot sleep at night as keep going to toilet and will wake up in the middle of the night. Make my job very difficult and have u told your boss that u r pregnant?

Hiak... Ok i'll think of questions to ask him 1st. Ya he's mr normal... And i tink his cold jokes makes me laugh. I still rem my 1st visit for spotting. I was v nervous and he ask me how old am i, my ans to him was 5wks! Lol... Malu man.

Hmm i'm not ready to inform my boss as i think this will cause panic at the moment since i'm still in T1. I will still rest more... I dont want my colleagues to be suddenli clearing their leave. So i shall wait till i'm in T2 with more energy to wk then to tell them, at least i know i shld be ableto cope by then.

Ya me too... Keep havin to wakeup to pee. Disrupt my sleep...

S_loh, I will be storing the cordblood but have not decided which company to store it with yet.

Fullhouse, Thanks for the comparison on Cordlife and Stemcord! Did you see bb's limbs during your visit to Dr Ong today? I'm looking forward to my appointment tomorrow.

Lynn, i kept waking up in middle of night to pee, then after its difficult to fall back to sleep. So frustrating, can toss n turn whole night.

anyone here using tempur bed and getting backache? i only shifted to my new place and the bed only like half a year old... previously was comfy but now giving me backaches ever since 5.5 weeks. wonder if any good solution to this

lish-zzz, ya thats right! cannot sleep at all. 2am wake up toss for 1hr, 4am wake up toss for another hr 6am then must get ready to go to work. saturday must sleep for the whole day already....

Missy
Hmmm that's something I want to know too! My family enjoy herbal chicken, and it's been a long time since I cooked it. Just wondering if it's just plain ginseng herbal chicken, will it be ok?

Cord blood
Store it as in it are the stem cells that can be retrieved if the child or siblings have any diseases that can be cured by it... I'm not very sure sbout this, phaps you could google

Hihi Mummies,

Please help...

I have a brand new set of Medela Swing single electric breastpump in original US packaging/unopen for sale.

I am selling the following in bundle at only S$300(nego):

1. Medela Swing single electric pump
2. Brand new 100% cotton Breastfeeding blanket (Brown color)
3. New/unopen Playtex standard Pre-Sterilized Disposable Liners 8oz/236ml (125pcs). It is very good for storage of breastmilk and is easy to use.

Total original price up to S$412.00

Self-collect at Tiong Bahru/Tanjong Pagar mrt station.

Interested parties, pls send me an email at [email protected]

P/S: Due to size limit here, Playtex picture is available too upon request
<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_pdf.gif
Medela Swing Electric pump
Copy of 2012-06-12 07.45.44.pdf (43.8 k)</td></tr></table></center><center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_pdf.gif
Breastfeeding blanket
Copy of 2012-06-12 07.48.21.pdf (44.0 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Me have been waking up at around 2am daily for the past few weeks.... Sigh... Also took a while to sleep back... Headache in the morning....

For herbal chicken or black chicken soups, best to avoid cos don't know what herbs they use. Preg woman cannot eat dang gui and many will use it to enhance the 'herbal' taste of the soup cos dang gui is cheap.

My mom cook plain black chicken soup for me.. With some Wolfberries. I think normal black chicken is ok dont need herbs bah.

Friends and Bliss, oops sorry for the mix up! Hehee.. My hubby w be petrified if I were to even try using the babyplus.

Lynn, u r definitely not alone here. I been going to the loo twice a night, without fail since I got pregnant. Even if I avoid drinking after 9pm, I will go at least once too!

Definitely a pain to me, but it's really normal..

Emmie, if own people cook, shd be ok cos will use the best and finest ingredients. It's the outside stall and restaurant ... My mil don't even allow me to eat bak ku teh outside cos some use herbs.. She cook one ok cos only garlic and pepper...

Lynn, Celia, I wake up every hour (!!!) to visit the toilet. Heard it gets worse during the last trimester - my friend couldn't sleep. She would go, then after lying down she would feel like going to the toilet again. Boo.

Dang GUI
http://www.yahwehsaliveandwell.com/danggui.html

Not sure about reliability of the site, but if you do a search for what's safe and what's not on google, it'll drive you mad. Like avoid turmeric??? Then all of us can say bye bye to malay and Indian food Liao... Yawn I think I'll just eat anything lah...not as if I'm chewing big roots of dang gui daily to revitalise my blood

<font color="119911">Lynn: u are definitely not alone in waking up to pee and being unable to get back to slp immed! Some of us here same, and I'm 1 of them... As u can see, I'm awake now, bec of my routine preg-nightpee. Zzzz!
But at least u still can slp for the whole weekend! I have to full time take care of my #1 during weekend, so its quite impossible to catch up on my slp de... ;)</font>

Morning ladies! Hows ur last nite? I wokeup twice to pee... 2nd time i decided nt to use the loo becoz its just like 45mins away from the time to be awake! Frustrating... Everytime the feeling seemed like full bladder but actually the pee is not alot.

Now on my way to work taking premium bus.. Its costly at $3.80 but ensures i get a seat and no squeezing with ppl on mrt!

Friends: ya i guess homecooked soup will always be better den outside food, duno wat they put inside. I had porridge last nite coz feeling nausea and the porridge was so darn salty. Must be the msg....

Reading any all the Bosch chicken suddenly makes me feel like drinking chicken essence! *drool*

Hai ytd night pee le feel so wreak... Also took v long to slp back esp w the loud snoring of hubby... Torture.

Morning ladies! it's FRIDAY!! TGIF!!

regarding food to avoid, my gynae gave me a list when i last visited him. he mention all these food causes discomfort to our stomach during antenatal period. so thought i share with all of you
happy.gif

1) Oily food
2) Spicy food
3) Sour food including citrus food (oranges, lemons, lime), strawberries, tomatoes, kiwi as well as vit c tablets.
4) Dairy products (fresh, powdered milk, cheese, yoghurt), milo, soya, goat, coconut milk.
5) To be careful and watch our carbohydrates intake (rice, noodle, bread, ice cream and biscuit/durian)
6) Tangkwei (chinese herb), all types of ginseng, red dates and alcohol
7) Beans, cabbage, radish, garlic, maize, broccoli and cauliflower.

i guess for point 4, 5 and 7. we can still consume but in moderate. cause he mention all these causes gas in the stomach. makes us feel bloated and wanna puke. but chinese herbs is best to avoid completely.

if we are concern about lack of milk intake, we can get calcium from tofu, or beancurd. he said that's ok compared to taking soya milk. i think this list are only meant for 1st tri ladies cause baby will not be getting direct supply from the food we take. the baby gets the nutrients from the yolk and will only absorb the nutrients we consume when we are 4months preggy. hope this helps!
happy.gif
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff"> missy (d3bz) : thanks a lot for these information. 

But if I could even afford to keep any food in me for now.. I’ll really feel blessed.. vomited like 7 times yest.. Nose bleeding also.. totally exhausted, throat pain, chest pain, gastric pain.. it feels really bad… I hope today will be a good day… (lesser vomiting please~~)..

Hopefully non of u are like me and are feeling better~~ It’s Friday.. hope the time passes fast and we can all rest on weekends~~ </font>

<table border=1><tr><td>No</TD><TD>Nick</TD><TD>Baby #</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae Name</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>BB Gender</TD><TD>BB Name </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Allyfan</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Adelina Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Friends78</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Lizzie_grace</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2-Jan</TD><TD>Dr C K Toh</TD><TD>Mt A/TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>LDG</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>5-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Wendy</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>5-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Tigress</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>6-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Adrain Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>BTMY</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>7-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>Parkway East/Mt A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Icydolphin</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>7-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Shice</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>7-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Cheese84</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>8-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>SupriseBaby</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>8-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Clifford Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Babylon</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>10-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD>Gleneages</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Whitecookies</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>12-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Fong Chuan wee</TD><TD>Gleneages</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Koms20</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>13-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Goh Shen Li</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>Celia</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>14-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Quek Swee Chong</TD><TD>Gleneages</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Azqtigger</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>14-Jan</TD><TD>Dr L N Sim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>Snowhopes</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>14-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Verre</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>14-Jan</TD><TD>Dr LN Sim/Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Nashita</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>14-Jan</TD><TD>Dr K T Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>Steanie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>14-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Phua Soo Mear</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>Aspialle</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>15-Jan</TD><TD>Dr June Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>Tres</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>15-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>Syyy</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>16-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>Bblove</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>16-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>betterworld</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>16-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>4season</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>17-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>Chipsnchops</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>17-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt A/Mt E</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>Jojo90</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>17-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>Canopyhaze</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>19-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>Angeliqueous</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>20-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Sheila Loh</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>Bliss ling</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>20-Jan</TD><TD>Dr AL Lim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>Mommy G</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>21-Jan</TD><TD>Dr LC Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>emmie77</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>21-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Adrain Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>Fabbie</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>22-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Adrain Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>Josky</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>22-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC/Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>Karen</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>23-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Adrain Woodworth</TD><TD>Mt A/TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>Clewlezz</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>23-Jan</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>38</TD><TD>Jo Jo</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>24-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Ho H K</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>39</TD><TD>Xaramama</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>25-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Shamini</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>40</TD><TD>piyoz</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>25-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Adrain Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>41</TD><TD>Mrs_R</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>26-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Devandra</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>42</TD><TD>Nimkulut</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>27-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Kenneth Lee</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>43</TD><TD>L3x</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>30-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Andelina Wong</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>44</TD><TD>Hammiebao</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>30-Jan</TD><TD>Dr SH Kee</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">With Missing Information! :p</font></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>45</TD><TD>Jlau</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>12-Jan</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>46</TD><TD>Purple rain</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>21-Jan</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>47</TD><TD>Missy</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>31-Jan</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Update: 15 June 12</font></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

karen, you sound bad. got see doc to take mc and rest at home? is it too heaty that's why nose bleeding and sore throat?

<font color="0000ff">missy (d3bz) : Thanks~ I was having really bad gastric reflux in the beginning of this year.. so I already took a lot of MC.. now dun dare to take mc.. it’s not even end of June and I have already took 7days of MC.. (>_<)!! Just have to bear with it for now.. and hope that this ms/ads goes away real soon.. I think the nose bleed and sore throat is due to over vomiting, just my own assumption. Not too sure either.</font>

morning mummies.. almost couldn't wake up this morn.. :p

lish-zzz, so fast doc can tell that it's a chubby baby?? haha..

icyjo, my bed also giving me backaches.. i went to sleep on my guest bed instead, which is harder and is a cheapo mattress.. end up i feel better! hahaha..

missy, my confinement lady told me to drink black chicken soup when i told her that i'm spotting. she say i not bu enough. so i think drink abit should be ok ba. as long as it's in moderation.

fullhouse, but i dunno abt ginseng chicken.. haha.. though i got "tou he" a bowl last week.. =P

I think for this second preg, i'm alot more lenient abt my food le.. :p

Friends, my #1 failed her hearing test too thou she never used babyplus.. but cleared her hearing test after 2 months which was a relieve for me.. I broke down in tears when the nurse said " pass".. cant imagine my shock when I was in tmc after giving birth ard 11pm, next morn awoke by dr Ang Ai tin at 5.30am and she told me " your baby failed her hearing test".

As a first time mum and been thru 22 hrs + of labour, can imagine the shock I had on that day.. I was so depressed that I want to jump down.. silly me thou cos I take it too hard.. BM yet kicked in and bb was crying.. haizzz

@ celia, oh.. i think i better dun take the risk plus no time to use it too as I need to work and take care of #1 who just turned 2 yrs old

fullhouse, I agree w you on the cordlife and stemcord thingy! Even my gynae strongly recommend Stemcord too!

I did sign up for Stemcord for #1. The price is similiar for both so if sure i should put #2 in Cordlife, just to even out any risks.. hahhahah? Any tots?

KAren, have you taken any ant nausea pills> 7 times a day, no joke leh, you will be dehydrated if this continues... take care n drink more liquids?

<font color="0000ff">tres (yrteresa) : Thanks~ I guess I’m already quite dehydrated.. that’s why nose bleeding and sore throat..i have anti-nausea pill, took it once but it only relieve me for 2 hours or so, so I decided not to take it anymore.. in my opinion.. less pills = better!! And yes.. my nausea is really that bad especially this week onwards (week 8)… feeling so weak and cold the whole day.. </font>

Yah Bliss, me also very emo that time... I went thru 17 hrs of labour and PD walked in and said 'Your baby failed his left side hearing test. We re-test tomorrow, ok?' He was still smiling when he said that and I was almost at the brink of outburst..LOL.. Silly me..

Shice, I'm also a lot more lenient about food..Had already eaten shark fins soup, string ray... Laska with cockles... Fried kway teow with cockles..Pork liver.. Just eat everything in moderation... Only herbs I don't touch but normal soup like old winter melon, watercress, apple and pear, I still drink on and off...

morning everyone..
yeap it's friday!!!

i also ate shark fins soup.. and twice last week coz had two wedding dinner...

i also have to wake up in e middle of nite to pee.. sometimes so lazy but scare wait hav UTI so no choice got to wake up loh so tiring

karen, drink 100 plus as water to relieve dehydration ba! Take care k!

ya, for #2 I also very lenient w food alr... had char kway teow w cockles last night but also ended up in the carpark drain, ahahahah! I think for food, moderarion is key lah! but for alcohol, raw food is a strict no no!

<font color="119911">Morning ladies!
I'm so happy! Just visited the Gynae and seen my baby's nose, hands and legs then hear its heartbeat. Nothing more to ask for than everything being well and smooth!
happy.gif
</font>

Tres, I am still thinking of indulging in salmon sushi when in 2nd tri... Lol... I think I ate raw sashimi when I'm in 3rd tri ... Not a lot lah but really hard to resist when going for international buffets...

hahah FRIENDS, i'm also thinking i wanna eat ikura (salmon roe)after 1st Trim hahaha.. coz i dun take sashimi...
that's why i say #2 , i more bo chup! I used NOT to drink Coke / coffee during 1st trim for #1 but this time around, I broke all the rules hahahahah!

Back