(2013/01) Jan 2013

Good morning!
Dorie, you have more than 2 kids already? Yeah Nov & Jan no difference.
happy.gif
My due date is around 11-Jan (now should be 5wks+).

Jlau, oh no! you must be real stress now.
I heard tat if you tell the truth that you are preggy they might not hire you coz they afraid a few mths later you are gg on ML for 4 mths and they need to get someone to relief you for that period.

I hope you get something soon!!
dun stress too much, is not gd for your bb.

Dorie
i'm just kpo lah... but how many kids you have already?? i can't imagine having more than 1... hahaha...

@berries ~ ya v stressed... Though I m extremely happy n delighted over being pregnant... Finally I m pregnant!!

Anyway I jux gt call for second interview... No one ask if I m Preggy yet...

Jlau
i don't think anyone will ask if you are pregnant during interview..cos they'll presume that u r not pregnant...
happy.gif

just on a side note... what if u gotten the job and u started work... and before/after ur probabtion is up, u tell ur company u r 4 mths pregnant... they'll know that u r pregnant even when u start with them... how will the working relationship change?? Will the company feel "cheated" that u didn't tell them and make things difficult for u??

also, before u start a new job, u got to go for medical checkup, which some may involve xray... and based on ur medical report, the company may or may not hire u... so how to avoid xray? that's another question to ponder...

Hi ally

I knw wad u mean... I intend to tell them only if I gt an offer.. My mil n hub thinks otherwise... That I Shd only tell them after the pre empt chkup.. Bcos of this I kind of quarrelled w my hub. I went to bed extremely early last nite n cried under my blanket..
sad.gif

Jlau
don't stress urself over this... it's not very healthy for bb....

some pre-empt checkup don't have xray though... so perhaps u want to take a gamble that don't have xray...and if have then tell them u just found out too.... and if they asked u during interview do u know u r preggie, u can tell them no... a few weeks difference no one will know...

but most imptly, DON"T STRESS...

Thanks ally
happy.gif
trying hard nt to.. Jux too bored at hm...

@aspialle~. Govt jobs usually will require a bachelor degree n I only hv Accra level 2 cert w diploma fr Singapore poly... :p

I'm crossing my fingers n seriously counting down to next Monday to c dr heng
happy.gif

Thanks ladies
happy.gif
btw any ladies feel their arms aching? I dnt rem carrying any heavy things.. Felt muscle stretched kind of pain..

piscean: yes, i have 3 kids... one boy 2000, and two girls 2001 and 2004.
happy.gif

Ally: see reply to piscean... haha. but hor, it actually gets easier with each additional kid. less stress. haha.

my gynae is adrian tan... he delivered my 3 kids in KK, but now he got his own practice in TMC, share clinic with two other lady gynaes... he's very chatty and happy happy one... and now that not in kk, not so rushed, got time to keng gai with you some more... haha.

tigermum: you waiting for first tri to be over before you tell ppl ah? wah, i don't think i will be able to keep it a secret that long. plus my children will share the good news on my behalf... haha.

jlau: instinctively i would say don't tell lor... but then again, they will be able to work it out that you knew and didn't tell them when you were interviewing... unless you claim ignorance... you know, like the "i didn't know i was pregnant" shows! hahaha... yah, i agree with ally, very impt not to stress... will make baby stressed too!hope that you will succeed in getting a job soon!

Ya tts wad I was thinking also.. Don't want to make it tt I hiding the truth fr them... I'll play by year c how the interview turn out on Friday... Crossing fingers hope they are ok wit it...

*telling myself don't stress don't stress...*

Jlau
good luck in ur interview and don't stress... ooommmppppphhhhhh...

Dorie
OMG.. u really love kids a lot... to have 3 and still want 1 more... u r a great mother i bet...

Komathi, Wow Dr. Goh is so pack ah, is this common for gynaes in KK? my 2nd appt is on 26May, and I can't wait till then alrdy. Even for my 1st appt, I can't wait to visit gynae once I found out I'm preg. I have PCOS and I read that PCOS patients have a 50% chance of miscarriage and I panicked and wanted to see gynae to check if bb's ok and to give me any supplements.... hee... End up Doc never do any blood test on me, just gave me 15days supply of Utrogestan (Progesterone).

Dunno why i get this fear that I may miscarriage, so disturbing. Maybe becos of my PCOS condition and lately I have 2 friends who miscarriage during their early weeks, like around 8weeks.

Jlau, don't be stressed, be positive, hopeful and pray, you will surely find an employer who will take in preg ladies, there shouldn't be any prejudice, we shld all have equal employment rights.

Ally, thanks for spreading the happy vibes, we really need to stay happy and positive esp in our 1st trimester.
happy.gif
I don't have severe morning sickness, only slight Nausea feeling on and off, also feel tired and Fatigue easily. Gets hungry easily but yet lousy appetite, esp worse during dinner time.

Tigress, the day when I found out I'm preg, we were so happy that we started sharing our joy, told my parents, in-laws, our siblings, close friends. The thing is, that same day was my nephew's 1st mth baby showers, and I didn't ask my parents to keep the news to themselves, tada... so all my relatives knew it on the same day... Likewise, I didn't ask my good friend to keep it to herself, and tada... our common friend know abt it too... I also told my boss and a few of my close colleagues... My boss is very supportive and pro-family, she knew that I was ttcing all along, really thank God for a very nice boss.

I also can't wait for 1st trimester to be over....

Thanks Liz
happy.gif
hehe

Wow envy u.. U can tell ur closed ones... Nt me though.. Mil told me nt to reveal to anyone.. Nt even my mum..
sad.gif

Dorie, spreading bb dust to u!
Liz, can't worry too much, just stay positive.
happy.gif

I haven't tell anyone yet except my DH & sis. I've a chemical pregnancy 2 yrs ago, and had to explain to everyone after miscarriage. So this time I rather wait till pass 1st trimester & pregnancy stable then announce.

Liz: stay positive.. gd vides will create a calm environment for urself n lil bub.

Yea Gynae in KKH are pretty packed. depends on the popularity also.

Jlau, I think own mother no need Pan-Dan, if pan-dan then shldn't tell ur Mil too. sorry, just my personal views.

Thank U piscean, yes stay positive! :D

Went for appointment today and did a scan. Couldn't see anything, need to go back 2 weeks later. I'm surprised that Doc said I'm only at 4 wks but according to last mensus is 5th wks .? So sad and even sadden when she said if there are pain or bleeding need to go hospital quickly ..... Sob sob :"(

i dun need to tell people can see my bump already leh....tink shld be in my 7th weeks but looks like second tri

happygal, try to rest and relax and everything will be fine and smooth! You will be able to hear bb's heartbeat 2 weeks later!
I'm looking forward to hearing my bb's heartbeat 1 week later!

aspialle, I have been carrying that bump ever since after #1 birth! Finally I can have a gd reason for it now! keke...

Hihi.. Just tested positive this morn.. Yet to go for scan to re-confirm.. So happy!!
happy.gif
but tired almost everyday.. Dun rem the tireness to come in so early in my first preg..

Btw I went for massage, tui na kind, a couple of days.. Dunno if will affect my preg.. Cross fingers..

Lol I had told my mil or rather my hub told his mum cos I'm staying w my in-laws and she does all the cooking so better to let her knw so that she wil knw wad I can and cannt eat... As for my mum.. She kind of guess cos I dint visit her last week telling her I dnt feel well.. :p

Jlau: thank you thank you for the bbdust!!!

Wow, liz, congrats on your pregnancy... I also have PCOS... hopefully can be like you and overcome also!

Jlau: huh? why your MIL say cannot tell your own mom? so weird one... surely your mom will want to know if her own dotter is preggy?! Oh, I just saw... erh, your pandan means superstitions issit? I think is supposed to be pantang bah... heehee.

piscean: thank you thank you for the bbdust too!
happy.gif

KKH gynaes - yah... I think last time, my GYN say before, they will schedule patients every 5 mins or 10 mins, then of course cannot stick to it, so those nothing major they will hurry hurry... then morning also gotta do rounds, so before can even start late liao... now my GYN in pte, can slowly slowly chit chat some more... haha.

although I must say, with my youngest, I took the TPS in KK, so quite a different experience from waiting in the main clinics. Comfy sofa, got free coffee machine all some more. and they don't pack so many patients, so don't have to wait so long. some more can every single time scan if you want. haha.

Minnie: try to stay positive... you got a BFP on a stick issit? never mind, sometimes is earlier than we think. I also ever liddat... in the end that faint positive is now 7 years old... :p

aspialle: LOL... err, I not preggy also look perpetually like I 6mths along lor... hurhur. Until I really pregnant, no one will know also unless I start to wear the really obvious preggy clothes. haha.

jarol: hahahaha... you and me can high-five! heehee. is perpetually preggy. luckily DH "bump" lagi bigger, machiam like preggy with twins. haha. my little one like to go and soh soh his tummy. haha...

shice: congrats on your BFP!!!! don't worry, should be ok one.... enjoy your pregnancy!!!

jlau: glad that at least your mom guess even tho you never tell her. haha.

hmmm, I dunno whether will tell ppl straightaway if i preggy or not, because I am supposed to accompany my girl's school choir to Vienna in July... if I preggers, they might feel obliged to go and find another PV... but I really want to go. Hopefully I will be preggers but will still be good to go. Hopefully boy lah... with my son, my first tri was easy - no MS... just quite tired only. See how lah...

Hi all,

We have so many experienced moms here. *lucky me!* I am a newbie (both mother to be and new user here)..

After I found out I am pregnant 3 weeks ago, I made appointment w gynae.. Oh goodness, she is so popular, fully booked and only avaialble on 15th this months (now already coming~ Haha..

Meanwhile, I am having tummy cramp sometimes at night.. Not bleeding thou.. I wonder if that's ok.. Thanks in advance..

PS: Jlau, I see ou here again.. Hee~ As the rest mummies have said, no worry too much! Just do your best on your coming interview~ Cheers!

hello DM... wah! congrats on your baby!!!! hahaha, yes, welcome to the world of motherhood.... it's going to be a rollercoaster ride! enjoy!~ just remember don't be too stressed... and enjoy the journey! heehee.

think as long as no bleeding, should be ok bah. sometimes, is uterus stretching, dunno issit too early for that, but maybe first pregnancy, it's possible. I can't remember liao... my first pregnancy was in oct 1999... 12 years ago... heehee... but i think slight cramping should be ok. if sharp cramping or pains, and esp if have any kind of spotting or bleeding, best to consult doc straightaway... just in case.
happy.gif

Wow.. Instant reply! Thank you Dorie! Also thank you for the wishes~ Cool! I love rollercoaster ride! Haha~ =D

Yes, I have been watching my pantyliners closely to spot anything there like a pervert.. Haha.. I am so gan-cheong..

I have not seen my gynae yet.. I am just wondering where should I go to if *touch wood* anything happen.. My gynae is so so so busy.. Am wondering should I change another one who is less popular.. But if less popular, does it mean not that good?? Haiz.. So many worries.. Haha.. I am talking about Geraldine Tan at Katong btw..

if emergency, like got bleeding (not just spotting), if GYN clinic not open, then just head to nearest emergency room, or to KK A&E or any hospital with maternity walk in clinic. otherwise, should be ok. I think first appt usually very far off one, but repeat appt won't be so bad.

Wookie dokie.. There are many more I should learn from you gals.. My first one I already like kal-lang ka-boot.. Imagine I have more than one.. Wow! *respect*

Recently I get very tired very easily.. My skin like scretching to the max.. I very scare it would crack.. I scare pain..

Lotsa food my hubby doesnt allow me eat.. Including my fave scallops! Everyday fish, chicken, beef.. So boring! ='(

The fatigue is very normal. Sounds like you don't have food issues... The MS not so bad huh? Very lucky like that.... Cos some women puke for 9 maths, quite poor thing. Ya, first pregnancy is liddat, tend to be more Kancheong. I first one, also Kancheong, restrict this and that... By third one don't care Liao... Haha... That's why I say have more easier cos more experienced, the stress levels will come down accordingly, assuming you are not one of those Kancheong spiders. Haha.

Good morning everyone! Happy Thursday!

Feeling quite tired... I actually slept before midnight last night... early for me. and I'm still sleepy! peng san. hopefully later don't oversleep and pon piano. haha. I know I will def be tempted. :p But at least with the kids out of the house, after they get on the bus I can come home and sleep some more. haha.

wow morn dorie u wake up so early 5 plus in morning!

ya littledragongirl and dorie, we found good reason to let our bump shown, last time would be finding ways to camouflage it right.haha

Aspialle: haha, yes, cos the schoolbuses come between 6.05 and 6.15 (two different buses) so I have to get them out by 6am. So 5.20 I have to wake them to get ready for school.
happy.gif
Used to it liao lah.

Back