(2013/01) Jan 2013

Congrats to all those who have popped! And thanks for sharing the stories..

LM - nice birth story (though the 7 to 8cm dilation must be quite kan-cheong for you). I will also be delivering at TMC, so also a bit worried about the crowd. But no choice cos my gynae will not go elsewhere.

Hi dear can add my details , so sorry as was busy with other things.

Nick: Princess_Susan
Gyane Name: Steven Chew
Hospital: NUH
Baby #1
Edd: 8 Jan'13
Natural
Area: Jurong

pocketpig

dunno this can help u. My cousin IL din really try bf as everyone told her go for FM as no milk, so bb never really bf before. Plus easier for her mum who is taking care of bb n she discourage bf-ing.

but when I carry the bb during full month & 2nd mth, the moment I carry, bb will auto turn head to look for nipple to suck even though bb nt intro to bf before...... so I think is natural behaviour that they smell n look to latch.

Try bf, if bb still hungry then intro fm. main thing is u must nt stress as try. then slowly when ur bm comes, then u replace more n more bf time for bb.
happy.gif

Oh I rem... using fresh bm to apply on sore nipples also help in reducing the soreness n pain.

Hi Canopy, my details are as follows:
Name: Joey (nick: joey79)
Gynae Name: Dr Adrian Tan C J
Delivered By: Dr Caroline Khi (covering)
Baby # 3
Hospital: TMC
Baby Gender: Male
EDD: 27 Jan 2013
Actual Date: 22 Dec 2012
Natural / C-Sect: C-Sect
Baby's Name: Zhi Wei
Area: Bedok

lm: thanks for your birth story. sounds like a gd experience! congratz once again! and bb charlotte looks angelic! will update your details in the spreadsheet accordingly.

There's a joke my gynae said.....

He looked at me wanting to tell me something then he said...... breastfeeding... u r a veteran, so I dun hv to say more. Too pro.

Then I told him yes, prof in bf-ing but dunno how to stop!! LOL!!! So I just have to continue so that I dun hv to restart again right?

LOL LOL!!

Talking about epidural, I almost had a scare when the anaesthetic injected it for me for the emergency c-sect. He could not inject it correctly at 1st.. The pain shot through my left body down to the ankle.. He also mentioned y cannot poke it in.. Really cold sweat.. He only got it right the 2nd try.. -.-"""

joey

wah............

he din wear his glasses?scary....

YSC,
1st mum usually will be lost as nt even try it out. just follow bb instinct. every bb also diff so every time need to adjust accordingly.

for #1, love bf-ing n hates fm, so i only hv to bf n learn to feed well. Initially is trying hard n sore as if let #1 latch herself, only suck on nipple, so hv to push her mouth open wide n push in, then correctly latch. later will be practice make perfect. LOL!!

Hi Canopyhaze,

Do help me update my baby's name is Eilysha and weighed 3.45kg at birth.

Basically keeping my story short, hubby reminded me yest morning not to spend too long a time in the showers in case I missed the water bag breaking (cos mine is rain shower type). True enough during my evening shower yest, I felt a whole lump (a handful) of mucous plug but I wasn't sure if there was any leakage of amniotic fluid. This decided to go to Kk to check

I was 4cm dilated and contractions were 3 mins apart(though I didn't feel them). Thus I was pushed straight to labour ward and they took Abt an hour to settle paperwork and put me on antibiotics drip as I was
B-grp strep positive.

Doc broke my waterbag at 1030pm and realized that baby has actually pooped inside already so oxytocin was increased to speed up labour. I reached a point where pain was excruciating but when checked, I wasn't progressing in my dilation. Thus I asked for Epi but the anaesthesis was a no show and I was cursing n swearing in my heart at this point. Within 15 mins I felt the need to push so badly, staff nurse checked me and I went from 4-10 cm within that 15 mins. But I couldn't push yet cos my Gynae was still not around!! Had to wait for another 5-10 mins for her arrival and this was the longest wait cos I had to restrain myself from pushing and that's just too hard to do! So in the end no Epi, Gynae came, three pushes and baby was out at 0042 hrs.

So a few words of advice, mummies:
1. Really don't spend too long in the shower and just be more alert while bathing
2. Ask for Epi early if u really decided you'll take it cos yes, u may not get a chance to use it in the end (for my case it's a blessing in disguise though)
3. Don't be deceived by the "slow" dilation for 2nd time mummies, cos your cervix can really zoom very fast!

All the best for all of you! Huge hug!!

Hi Fazzy, I gave birth to baby #2 at KKH, 8 years ago too.. When my gynae burst my waterbag, the dilation was very fast.. I asked for epidural when I dilated 4cm.. Similar to your case, I waited very long for the anaesthetic.. He came subsequently but he did not notice that I was holding the laughing gas mask when he tried to inject the epidural.. The injection went only to the left side of my body cos I was drowsy from the laughing gas effects.. But, right after he injected, I had fully dilated.. Ended up, my left leg had to be popped up by the pillow cos all numbness went to the left part of the body. I think for my 3 pregnancies, only for the 1st delivery, the experience of epidural was normal.. :p 2nd and 3rd deliveries were really scary..

Hi Canopy, it's been a long while since I last login in.
Can help me update my details are as follows: 
Name: Chloe_munmy (jojo90)
Gynae Name: Dr Yvonne Chan
Baby # 2
Baby Gender: Female
EDD: 17 Jan 2013 
Actual Date: 2 Jan 2013
Natural / C-Sect: Natural
Baby's Name: Joie
Area: Whampoa

Thank you.

Hihi,

At 37 week (27 dec), my gynae said my bb has engaged and quite low.. cervix opened at 1 cm.. she told me I might deliver anytime, else to admit hospital on 2 Jan 13 to induce. She said my girl at 37weeks alrdy 3.335kg.. if wanna go by natural, got to induce by next week before 3 jan.

For #1, I'm induced for labour at 40weeks (cervix not opened at all) and it took me 22 hrs from the 1st induced pill. So gynae said this round will take at least half of #1, which is 10hrs. Faintz.

But guess what.. I called my cl, to inform her iof my tentative delivery date 2 jan, she said she didnt expect me to deliver so early and can only start on 7 jan, after she completed the current confinement on 6 jan. She asked me to delay my delivery till 4 jan, if not ask my mom to help out for the 1st 4 days. In the end, then she proposed to get her friend to do the 4 days for her. Kinda of upset that she cant leave 3 days earlier for me, and now I gotta pay the 1st cl 2 angbaos, then another 2 to her too. 2ndly, I gotta start my 1st 4 days with someone im havent talk/know of, dunno how it'll turn out..

Then im also worried abt the arrangement for #1. I'm her main caregiver since day 1 and she's very attached to me. Now im going for delivery, have asked my mom to help our. But we are scared that she will refuse my mom to bring her to cc, feed her and sleep with her. Hubby starts work at 5am.. so he cant help out.. think I'll miss her when im in hospital and worried she will not wanna go home after visiting me in hospital. And tentatively, my hb was telling me that I have to admit to hospital on my own, discharge on my own.. and also to bring #1 to cc during my cl.. kinda of depressed..

Hihi,

congrat to all the mummies who hv given birth. These few days, I suddenly hv a scary and uneasy feeling. Maybe due date is getting very close already... After I read some of the story some mummies posted here, I feel more scary. I'm trying to tell myself to stay calm and not to feel scare, but sometimes i was feeling so scare that I tears. So stupid of me right.

Hi mummies,

Update you all now.. Finally side effect of epi is gone!!

I deliver my 2nd prince on 29 dec 2012 at 2230pm he weigh 3.095kg. Bb's name Kayson.

Thanks

Congrats to mummies who popped these 2 days! Seems to have more n more birth stories these few days, so exciting !! Thanks all for sharing
happy.gif

Went gynae check yesterday. At 37.5 weeks, BB is abt 3.36kg , nt yet engaged. Asked doc whether bb will come early he said not likely probably around 39th weeks. Hmm, I am hoping bb will pop by 8 jan even though my Edd is 14 jan.
blood test result came back ok too.

Shirleyjasmine,

Dun scare. I also first time. But I am actually looking forward!
Hee , ehhh but hope by then I can remain calm n dun freak out too. The rest of us who are still waiting can jiayou tog!

Annie,
Congrats! Rest well.

Hi ShirleyJasmine, please don't feel so stressed, as it will easily trigger depression.. (hugs hugs) When I had my 1st pregnancy, I was very nervous too and do not know what to expect. Most importantly, u have to trust your gynae and relax! Jiayou!
happy.gif

Congrats to all mummies who have delivered! Thanks for sharing your birth stories as well coz rest of us can really learn from them too - tho I must admit I am getting kinda nervous coz #1 was c sec so could anticipate, this time trying for VBAC so it all depends on when I get contractions or water bag breaks + will also need to send #1 to parents place while I am in labour!

Chloe mummy,
Dun be depressed! Things will work out eventually! Come here to chat more and get moral support. Maybe your mum can stay w you for a while?

Congrats to all mummies who've popped!! So exciting!! I'll be admitting to hosp tmr evening.. Scary!! Hehe!!

Annie: tink u're the 1st 1 wif a boy!! All the other early birds are girls!!

Chloe_mummy: actualli i tink u no need a replacement CL before ur actual CL. So u can save on the extra 2 angbaos n wateva stress u're feeling now. Coz u'd be in hosp for at least 3days when u deliver.. So if u deliver 2nd, will discharge 4th.. Than 4-6jan 1st 3days ur hubby can take paternal leave. N u mentioned gettin ur mum to take care of #1 rite? She can cook for u for the 1st 3 days?? If can than 1st 3days settled than CL will be there for u fm the 4th day onwards.. As for the part on arrangement of #1, tats my main concern too.. Coz i'm oso her main caregiver.. Even after i scold her she still comes back sticking like a leech.. Haha!! Papa seldom scold her these days, bt still.. And she cant slp at night when i'm nt ard.. So tats the part i'm worried most. Coz will be admitting hosp in evening, scared my mum cant make her slp at night and she'd keep crying. Coz this happened b4 a few times.. Be it by my MIL (we went wedding dinner, reach hm midnight, she haven bath, haven slp).. Hubby oso cannot handle (bathed already, bt kept crying for mummy).. Initially wanted to let her slp overnight wif me in hosp, bt nurses were against it.. As for bringing #1 to CC.. Is urs nearby? Can ur mum help out? Coz mine is quite a distance.. So gotta drive. Normally i bring her to CC b4 work, bt confinement hubby will do it.. Juz tat #1 gotta wake up earlier than usual.. So planning to make bedtime earlier too.. U oso no need so stress.. Bad for pregnancy.. Solve 1 thing at a time, discuss wif ur mum, ur hubby. I'm sure everything will work out fine..

Joey: wah ur epi story is scary!!! The doc nt experienced enuff issit?? Poke wrongly can be disastrous!! I had quite a gd anethetist when had #1 at TMC.. 1 poke n its done. Somemore effect came in quite fast. And he came quite fast.. didnt have to wait long for him after i told the nurse yes to epi. The onli side effect i had was the super bad shivering.. Bt since so many said dilation would b fast for #2.. Will wait n c how. Coz these 2days tink gt abit of contraction, bt is irregular one.. So dono gt dilate or nt.. Or issit juz the body preparing for labour? Coz when had checkup on wed (26dec) onli dilate 1cm..

<font color="119911">morning mummies and congrats to those who have already popped!

Any mummies been having those menstrual cramps alike feeling but not yet popped?
I've been having that feeling since early morning till now...
Really hoping that my ger can dong for just 2 more days!
sad.gif
</font>

LittleDragonGirl: I have various pains e.g. menstrual alike cramp, sudden sharp pain at vagina or freq tightening of abdomen. Guess it's all in prep for labour. But I dunno hw does contraction pain feel like.

Yeah... 2 more days to 2013!!!
Congrats to those tt hv popped &amp; Jiayou for the rest of us.

Littledragongirl, ctrus: me too.. Been having it for the past 2-3 days already.. Bt it's nt frequent.. So i guess it's juz the body prepping for delivery..

<table border=1><tr><td>No</TD><TD>Nick</TD><TD>Gynae Name</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Baby #</TD><TD> Gender</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Natural / C sec</TD><TD>Actual Birthday</TD><TD>Weight (kg)</TD><TD>BB Name</TD><TD>Area </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Tigress</TD><TD>Dr Adrain Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>6-Jan-13</TD><TD>C Sec</TD><TD>17-Dec-12</TD><TD>2.63</TD><TD>Joewe</TD><TD>Sengkang </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Shice</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7-Jan-13</TD><TD>C Sec</TD><TD>18-Dec-12</TD><TD>2.72</TD><TD>Michelle</TD><TD>Nil </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Cheese84</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>8-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>22-Dec-12</TD><TD>2.52</TD><TD>Janelle Lena Cheng</TD><TD>Sembawang </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>joey79</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Tan CJ</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>27-Jan-13</TD><TD>C Sec</TD><TD>22-Dec-12</TD><TD>2.145</TD><TD>Zhi Wei</TD><TD>Bedok </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Pocketpig</TD><TD>Dr Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>27-Dec-12</TD><TD>2.79</TD><TD>Zannse</TD><TD>Tampines </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Valerie</TD><TD>Dr AL Lim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>6-Jan-13</TD><TD>C Sec</TD><TD>28-Dec-12</TD><TD>2.70</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>West Coast </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>fazzyrizt</TD><TD>Dr S L Goh</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>2-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>29-Dec-12</TD><TD>3.45</TD><TD>Eilysha</TD><TD>Woodlands </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Luckymummy11</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>12-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>29-Dec-12</TD><TD>3.45</TD><TD>Charlotte</TD><TD>Woodlands </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Azqtigger</TD><TD>Dr L N Sim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>9-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>29-Dec-12</TD><TD>3.095</TD><TD>Kayson</TD><TD>Sengkang </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>SurpriseBaby</TD><TD>Dr Clifford Chan</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>8-Jan-13</TD><TD>C Sec</TD><TD>2-Jan-13</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Sengkang </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Bbjoy</TD><TD>Dr YC Goh</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Secret</TD><TD>14-Jan-13</TD><TD>C Sec</TD><TD>2-Jan-13</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Serangoon North </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>jojo90</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>17-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural (Induce)</TD><TD>2-Jan-13</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joie</TD><TD>Whampoa </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Freesia</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>28-Jan-13</TD><TD>C Sec</TD><TD>19-Jan-13</TD><TD></TD><TD>Kerrie</TD><TD>Punggol </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Vivian (flablee)</TD><TD>Prof Tan Hak Khoon</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>15-Jan-13</TD><TD>C Sec</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Geylang </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>babyv</TD><TD>Dr CK Tho</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>2-Feb-13</TD><TD>C Sec</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Nil </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>tzen1001</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mount E</TD><TD>2 , 3</TD><TD>Girls</TD><TD>10-Feb-13</TD><TD>C Sec</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Nil </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>Yiping Faith</TD><TD>Dr S L Goh</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>2-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Jurong West </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Friends78</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>2-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Bong Keng </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Siewz</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>3-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Toa Payoh </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>Chinlee</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>4-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Thomson </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>Julie_lin</TD><TD>Dr CS Tee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>4-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Joelle</TD><TD>Balestier </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>Wasabe</TD><TD>Dr Ann Tan</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>5-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Tampines </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>LDG</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>5-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Nil </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>Courgeous81</TD><TD>Dr LC Foong</TD><TD>Gleneages</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>8-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Glenda</TD><TD>Yishun </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>princess_susan</TD><TD>Dr Steven Chew</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>8-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Jurong </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>Snowymum</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>9-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Nil </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>Baby99lon</TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD>Gleneages</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>10-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Bukit Batok </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>Piscean33</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>10-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Nil </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>Bdmummy</TD><TD>Dr Khoo Chong Kiat</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>12-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Bishan </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>shirleyjasmine</TD><TD>NA</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>12-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Bryan</TD><TD>Bedok </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>riorio</TD><TD>Dr KC Yeo</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>13-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Isaac</TD><TD>Punggol </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>Canopyhaze</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>14-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Bukit Timah </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>justone7378</TD><TD>Dr Quek Swee Chong</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>14-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Punggol </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>Serene</TD><TD>Dr Beh</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>14-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Jordan</TD><TD>Bedok </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>sleepawhile</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>14-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Toa Payoh </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>Aspialle</TD><TD>Dr June Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>15-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Edward Tan Zhen Jie</TD><TD>Tampines </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>Rugirly</TD><TD>Dr Wong Mun Tat</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>15-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Bukit Batok </TD></TR><TR><TD>38</TD><TD>yrteresa</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>15-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Colette</TD><TD>Bishan </TD></TR><TR><TD>39</TD><TD>maddog</TD><TD>Dr KC Ching</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>15-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Nil </TD></TR><TR><TD>40</TD><TD>Elp_mum</TD><TD>Dr KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>16-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Nil </TD></TR><TR><TD>41</TD><TD>Syyy</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mount E</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>16-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Elliot</TD><TD>Tampines </TD></TR><TR><TD>42</TD><TD>Chipsnchops</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mount E</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>17-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Ee-Shiun</TD><TD>Yishun </TD></TR><TR><TD>43</TD><TD>Ctrus</TD><TD>Dr Chen Li Han</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>17-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Julien</TD><TD>Yishun </TD></TR><TR><TD>44</TD><TD>Bliss ling</TD><TD>Dr AL Lim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>18-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Kyler</TD><TD>Yishun </TD></TR><TR><TD>45</TD><TD>angeliqueous</TD><TD>Dr Sheila Loh</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>18-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Bartley </TD></TR><TR><TD>46</TD><TD>piyoz</TD><TD>Dr Adrain Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>19-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Marcel</TD><TD>Sengkang </TD></TR><TR><TD>47</TD><TD>Wenyl</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>19-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Hougang </TD></TR><TR><TD>48</TD><TD>Josky</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>20-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Nicole</TD><TD>Woodlands / Punggol </TD></TR><TR><TD>49</TD><TD>Sylvia</TD><TD>Dr Peter Chew</TD><TD>Gleneages</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>20-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Nil </TD></TR><TR><TD>50</TD><TD>clewlezz</TD><TD>Dr Jasmine Mohd</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>21-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Elly</TD><TD>Bukit Batok </TD></TR><TR><TD>51</TD><TD>mommy_g</TD><TD>Dr LC Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>21-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Claire</TD><TD>Bukit Panjang </TD></TR><TR><TD>52</TD><TD>purple_rain</TD><TD>Dr Chen Li Han</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>21-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Yishun </TD></TR><TR><TD>53</TD><TD>Annteo</TD><TD>Dr KC Yeo</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>22-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Jaedon</TD><TD>Bishan </TD></TR><TR><TD>54</TD><TD>Celine_040</TD><TD>Dr LN Sim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>23-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Gareth</TD><TD>Ang Mo Kio </TD></TR><TR><TD>55</TD><TD>lai_lai</TD><TD>Dr Cordelia Han</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>23-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Genevieve</TD><TD>Sengkang </TD></TR><TR><TD>56</TD><TD>junior_jj</TD><TD>Dr Watt Wing Fong</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>23-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Adele</TD><TD>Punggol </TD></TR><TR><TD>57</TD><TD>Averie</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>24-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Kiara Jolie</TD><TD>Serangoon </TD></TR><TR><TD>58</TD><TD>baby_toh</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>26-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Serangoon </TD></TR><TR><TD>59</TD><TD>L3x</TD><TD>Dr Andelina Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>29-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Lucas</TD><TD>Jurong </TD></TR><TR><TD>60</TD><TD>Hammiebao</TD><TD>Dr SH Kee</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>30-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Ang Mo Kio </TD></TR><TR><TD>61</TD><TD>sunshine_81</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Secret</TD><TD>31-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Sengkang </TD></TR><TR><TD>62</TD><TD>Nickole</TD><TD>Dr SH Kee</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7-Feb-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Toa Payoh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Updated : 30 Dec 2012</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Blessed: please provide the area which you are staying before i include your details in the spreadsheet. Thanks!

Congratz to all the mummies who have popped. I think more of us are popping these few days.
happy.gif

Good morning all!

Like many of you, I also am getting more nervous as more and more of us popped! For me, it's getting more and more painful/uncomfortable as baby moves lower. Can't wait for my Gynea appointment tomorrow morning. Hope he can finally set me a date for the c section, though I'm not exactly looking forward to be cut up.

Heard from a friend who gave birth some 3 months back that it took 8 weeks before she fully recovers from her c section. I seriously hope I don't take that long too.
Another thing ladies - this friend of mine advised that we will need to refrain from taking chicken meat and black mushrooms during first few weeks. Chicken meat will give pus and cause infection, according to Chinese medicine.

After tomorrow, it will be 1 Jan 2013! For those who haven't popped and want Jan baby, do hang in there!!!

I just hope I won't be having the first baby of 2013 as I am looking OH SO FAT &amp; won't look good on camera! Hah!

Jia you to mummies who have popped and doing confinement now
happy.gif

Like some of you this is my #1 and I feel jittery too... not sure what contractions feel like.. I rarely had menstrual cramps,. I've downloaded apps for tracking contractions but don't even know when to start tracking... Feeling the cramps and pain now and then but don't know if they are real..

Everyone, take this chance to rest as much as possible ok?

It's a waiting game!

Hi Canopyhaze,

kindly include my details in the excel sheet.

Nick: snow_tea
Gynae: Dr Benjamin Tham
Baby: #1
Edd: 15 Jan
Delivery type: C-sect
Date chosen: 7 Jan
Name: Joy
Area: AMK

Thanks for your help.

Hi vivian, about the confinement diet, we can't take chicken and mushroom? I've been taking twice this week already.. -.-""" My stitches have been removed few days ago too.. My massage lady just said to refrain from vinegar, as it will worsen the wound.. Also, to avoid seafood. As I have high BP now, I can't eat too much red meat.. I have temporarily stopped fish intake too cos I'm having engorgement..

Hi Joey,
I dunno about the mushroom. That's what my friend told me ah. As for chicken, it did cause me to have pus/inflammation of wound when I had my splenectomy. Maybe watch ur intake from now bah?
WAH - have to refrain from vinegar and fish too? Think we should just become vegetarian/vegan during confinement! Haha!

Little dragon girl,
I had mild menstrual cramps for a few nights in a row before th real thing. So this might be a dry run before your real thing? Just note if it intensifies I guess. If its consistent and worsening that's your best sign.

I'm now waiting to be discharged since the gynae said it's fine. I'll miss the aircon though! And green vege on the confinement menu. My mil is still resistant to cooking vege for me. Sigh.

If you are delivering at tmc, do watch out for those younger, newer nurses. Make sure they follow up on your instructions cos they can be quite blur, esp regarding bb feeding times etc. The senior ones are ok.

Chloe mummy
Ah dont be upset! I think your hb's suggestion might be the last thing that broke the camel's back?

This is my third and I likely have to bring #1 and #2 along. It worries me too cOz I don't want them to be around at delivery ward, even alOng corridor, so I told hb just bring them to the ward rooms. He'll stay with them and I'll be ok alone. After delivery just bring them home to settle. Their craft material and Lego are packed just in case they need to be in the hospital longer than necessary. Think as mothers we just act according to situation. Our children will learn to be smarter and wiser that way :D

My neighbours also promised to help but that's provided the timing is ok!

Jitters
I'm also having jitters! Haha... Thinking what if bb comes out abnormal etc...

Mummies who have delivered,
Congrats!! Iya twomore days!! Wenyl, you delivered?

congrats to mummies who have popped!! I hope to deliver before 10 Jan, dun wanna do confinement during CNy~ also this is my first time at TMC, will ask my hubby to watch baby closely so they don't give us the wrong one keke..

Aspialle,
Last check was just the day before delivery! Not accurate. She was est 2.9 but came out 3.45. Lucky I delivered at 37weeks plus after all. Cannot imagine how much heavier she'll be at full term!

Congrats to all mums who delivered!

Joey
from 1-2wks, not to take chicken &amp; egg due wound. Vinegar only start fm 2nd-3rd wk.

Seafood is of course a no no.

initially CL will cook meat, vege. Actually there's lot of dishes despite chicken, egg cant be consumed.

Hi vivian, non intake of fish is just temporary if u have breast engorgement issues.. For me, I had it the night after my discharge.. So, stop fish to ease the engorgement 1st.. Once the milk is smooth flowing, can take fish to increase milk supply.. :p sorry for not being clear earlier..

Hi Canopyhaze, it's been a while since I logged onto SMH

Pls help to update my details:

My data:
shrekkybin
Dr Geraldine Tan
Mt A
Baby #1
Boy
Edd: 23 jan 2013
Natural
BB name: TBA
Area: Redhill

Thanks!

Hi LM, I also noticed that when the nurses pushed the babies out from the nursery, they are like F1 drivers.. That's y my hubby will go and push baby to and fro nursery..

Hi Jos, TMC has the electronic tag on mummy and baby.. It will give out a sweet melody if it is your baby.. They will confirm the tag before giving the baby to you for BF.. After delivery, hubby will follow them to the nursery for weighing and cleaning too.. Additionally, when going home, they will show u both baby's tags on the 2 ankles and tally with mother's tag b4 we can bring baby out from nursery and discharged.. Baby's tags can only be removed when reached home.. The nurse will advise us to check the tags 1st again at home b4 cutting and throwing away

Hi Canopyhaze

My data:

Nick: Verre
Gynae: Dr Paul Tseng
Baby: #2
Edd: 13 Jan
Delivery type: natural
Name: Heather
Area: Hougang

Thanks for your help.

Congrats to all mummies who have popped. So exciting!!!

Woke up to swollen fingers. The swelling on the legs also never really go down after a night's rest. Fingers swelling till it hurts to grip and close my fingers.... MIL and mum say signs of delivery..... Hmmm, but gynae still on leave and only back on Thurs.

Anyone else has swollen fingers? Bit scary cos first time like that.

Thanks for all the advices, really encouraging and motivating.
Today I tried to squeeze my nipple and have some milk come out, much better than yesterday. Some drop of milks coming out every time when I squeeze, but still not able to fulfill baby needs and she still crying for formula. I feel better and not so frustrated like previous days ... I believed next week will be better. If really unable to latch properly then I just try the pump first.

Really thanks for sharing all your stories, made me feel better now.

Back