(2013/01) Jan 2013

Good Luck Valerie!
anyway Strep B test, i have done mine on monday and unfortunately got the same result as last time. i have to take antibiotics during delivery and also doc will give me some antibiotics during my next visit on 7 Jan.

I will start working from home on 7 jan (EDD 26 Jan), will prob take leave from 21st if i have not popped by then.

As for lemongrass gel/ginger cream, i just bought a bundle deal at 122 with 2 lemongrass gel and 2 ginger cream + hipster wrap from originjamumassage. will be doing 10 sessions of massage with them too (first time trying not sure if it is good, my old massage lady has good skills but she is not punctual and always put me aeroplane)

Gd luck valerie!! Safe n smooth delivery!

Vivian: eh.. Hopefully lor.. As long as pass 31dec midnight i ok liao.. Bt don drag too long la.. Pple say 2nd onwards sure faster.. N about half the time of 1st 1.. Well, my 1st after pill given to induce took 10hrs, so hopefully this time 5hrs enuff?

Was thinking of drinking coconut today.. Bt if i drink today can still drink on mon? Coz will be admitted to hosp on mon.. Scared mon markets no open..

Who is daddy lim? In the forum or fb? I don't see any around. But there are daddies in our previous forums and I think it's really nice bah...

Valerie
Excited for you!

Julie
It could be contractions... Monitor ok...

Hi mummies,

i went to see the doctor yesterday due to the massive swelling, but glad that all is well. baby is growing well. but dr was kan-chiong... asked me to do some blood and urine test to exclude preeclampsia ...

im so happy to read abt posts that our mummies are popping out with their little ones now .... congrats.. to the new additional in your family
happy.gif

Nickole,
Mine is c-sect but gynae still do the test.

Was thinking if Daddy Lim is pocketpig's hubby, he should congrats himself 1st
happy.gif

Fullhouse,
The previous archieve, a 'Daddy Lim' suddenly appear out of nowhere. Unless it's some mummies with another login ID.

Julie,
It could be contractions. I remembered reading that passing of stools is also a sign of labour coming.

Looking at canopyhaze's list, all the dragon baby girl
7944675.gif
are fast runners. All due in Jan but popped in Dec. So far no boy on the list pop yet.

Nikole, thanks for sharing the information!

Julie, if market not open on Monday, the other place u can get coconut will be those durian stalls in Geylang.

Valerie, we are keeping our fingers cross to hear about your baby dragon girl!
Everyone says they miss the baby kicking stomach... It feels amazing, but I sure wont miss the pelvic joint pain lor! Now I can't wait to for the doc to get the child outta me!

Julie: U can go big NTUC (e.g. Nex/amk hub) to buy coconut. They've have both the thai or green type. Alternatively, try fruit juice store (e.g. SF Fruit) they might have.

Congras to pocketpigs! and Valerie in advanced! May your princesses grow up healthy and pretty!

I just went to Gynae yesterday.. Was hoping to skip the cervix check but not possible as she needs to know if baby is to appear soon and what to do next.. But she assure me she will just check and not stretch the cervix which is what that will stimulate the prostaglandins, initiating labour..

Baby's likely to be 2013, according to her and i hope she is correct. Set to induce on the EDD itself if i dont feel onset of labour by then.

Baby has crossed the 3.1 kg mark at 39+1, with a decent amniotic fluid level making this my best 4th yr ROM anniversary today! =D

Valerie,
Have a safe delivery! Soon u will be able to carry your gal liao!
happy.gif
So excited for you!

Julie,
Sounds more like false contractions. I am experiencing that too since Sat. Gynae yday also confirmed that cos I told him my symptoms....irregular BH with pain in the lower pelvic & tummy area, loose stools, brownish discharge. It's a waiting game now!!! ^_^

Strep B test:
I did it yday too....cos trying for VBA2C. From my understanding, this test is not required if csect.

Lemongrass/Ginger cream:
I bought it from a shop in Hougang Green @ Hg st 51 called D'crystal #01-10. It's $12.80 for Ginger cream & $18 for the Lemongrass Shower Gel. Those who are staying nearby in Sengkang or Serangoon Nth can get it from there. HTHs!

Yiping, our ger ger very comfortable in our tummy. Thou our EDD is 2 Jan, they both show no signs of the D day! Jiayou!

Valerie, have a smooth and safe delivery!

Congrats to mummies who have delivered!

Vivian: thanks!! Yeah, esp yest bb kept moving inside tummy.. Hubby oso say i mad, keep staring at tummy. Haha!! Coz can make tummy super out of shape. So cute!! Bt pain la.. Esp when stretch very far. Could reli feel alot of movements at the top of bump, below chest.. Shd b the feet?

Bblove, wenyl: wow reli? Didnt know poo-ing is oso a sign!! Tot food poisoning.. Now gt feeling again!! Tink after typing this msg need go toilet again.. And tummy feels super tight!! Very hard.. Guess body is preparing for the real ones!! Waiting game.. Hmm... Officially wk39..

Haha.. i kiasu.. bought the 2L lemongrass showergel. cos hb said more worth it, and he likes the smell too, so he will be using as well.

Young coconuts, NTUC have promo for Thai young coconuts 3 for $3.25. can go buy!! haha..

Jos, there is a fb group. but think u have to chat here more often first.. haha..
happy.gif

Wenyl,
I 've got all the symptom you mentioned. Tt why gynae informed to go straight to hospital if i dun feel right.

VBA2C,
Jia you! Hubby & current gynae dun encourage. To what I understad, to try for VBAC, bb need to be less than 3.2kg.

okie dokie Nickole, i usually dont post much in websites coz working in bank very strict and also feel there is not much privacy (if i wanna complain about mil for eg.). this week my boss on leave so can eat snake and post more coz no one watching me.. keke

Hi mummies! Yes few more days to Jan, let's hang in there! I've been taking the canned young coconut water cos the real ones really hard to open plus I always end up feeling unwell (giddy spells). Hope similar effect. .

I'm having a hair cut now! Asked hairdresser to cut till can tie can already!

Hi Canopy,

Please help to update. =)

Nick : Purple Rain
Gynae : Dr Chen Lin Han
Hospital : Mt A
Baby # : 1
Baby gender : girl
EDD : 21 Jan 2013
Baby name : TBA
Area : Yishun

Hi Valerie, congrats to you!
happy.gif
thank goodness your test results are ok.. Mine was not, confirmed preeclampsia.. That's y the urgent delivery..

Iya was having Braxton hicks and lower back pain the entire time on Thursday night, thought labour onset. Hb told bb girl come later, best btw sat and Tuesday... then immediately all quiet... Grrr now thinking if I'll get 2013 bb!! I don't want Jan bb!!! Sighhhhhh... Only problem is she won't hit 2.5 if she isn't full full term :S

This little one is confirmed a daddy's girl!

Thanks all mummies,for your well wishes. Yes i have delivered my bbgirl. She weights 2.7kg, just like her sister n brother. Finally its over for me, really dislike the side effect of c section. Now i will enjoy my confinement n hope to b successful in breast feeding this time round.

Valerie,
Congrats! Happy that both u and bb girl are doing fine! Rest well!

Vivian,
I will be using the lemongrass shower gel as per any normal shower gel so just lather n rinse with warm tap water from shower.

Congrats all you mummies who have given birth.

Anyone used TCM herbs for bathing? How was your experience? Considering whether to buy as it doesn't sound very scientific to me :D

Looks like DILs and MILs can never get along. I find my MIL very intrusive and busybody.

How do I tell her nicely to please get a life and butt out of mine!!??

Hi bblove this time round my gynae chosen spinal procedure for me. Its similar like epi. Also administer thur our spinal.

Maddog,
My sis used tcm herbs to bathe before BUT she got very bad rashes and even had to take antibiotics (tho of coz not everyone will have this problem)! So my mum is against me using tcm herbs to bathe hence bot the Lemongrass shower gel instead.

Yes, I hv been scrolling up & down the history n din see daddy lim leh...

I heard the clearing of poo is also a sign. but tot if push too much also activate? :p

Valerie
Have a safe delivery!
happy.gif

Maddog
most of us buying and using. Just how many times per week and when to start to use to bath.

Scientifically fm TCM and also proved by science, just like the food we eat & drink, yes it helps from thru skin & thru breathing. it's like spa & aromatherapy.

But also individual body & allergy, lemongrass , citronelle, ginger are also one of the items included in some herb packs.

Random: Most of us will drink alcohol during confinement (e.g. DOM). Understand that it will be vapourise esp in cooking. Wonder will I get drunk or not esp I'm not a good drinker. Hahaha

Looking forward to delivery (confinement) so I can eat/drink those that I abstain during pregnancy.

fullhouse > interesting, mine also tend to listen to watever daddy said.

valerie > congrats on e lil one arrival! =)

tres > wow new helper so fast u let her go on leave. i also just got a helper for abt 2 wks now. so far she haven even step out of e hse to go anywhere before...

Ctrus
if amount nt much or boil long, the alcohol will vapourise. but sometimes will get drunk coz the alcohol nt fully gone.

I dun drink but din get drunk during confinement.
happy.gif

Heard that we need to set aside approx $1.5-2K for the confinement food. Also, how many bottles of liquor do we roughly need?

Valerie,
I also choose spinal c-sect. Just wondering if the side effect is uncontrollable shivering? I had that for my previous and it took half a day to go off. GYnae scolded the nurse for putting the medi in freezer instead of chiller.

Ctrus,
If your confinment is near year new time, then you need to set aside 1k to 1.5k. My parents n in-law told me not to buy anything. They will get for me cos they got their own supplier, which is cheaper.
As for red wine, Dad made 12 bottles for me but seriously I dread of having that.

bblove

12 bottles of red wine!
干杯!! Look like having drunkard party! LOL!!

Ctrus
i think ard that amount depending what will u be buying & quality, quantity.

mummies... for those who bought the Lemongrass Showergel... do this means that you can use the showergel only, dun need to use the Chinese herbs to bathe?
Can KS & use both or not?

How is the smell of the showergel? Is it more lemongrass or peppermint??

Maddog - u just need to bark at your mil like a maddog, then she should get the msg!
I tried the TCM shower thing before, didn't like it. Dunno if psychological or what, but I felt a bit sticky after that also.

Sylvia - Daddy Lim only typed one liner, congratulating pocketpig on baby's arrival! So maybe hard to find his msg. If u using computer to access the forum, u can probably find by using CTRL+F to find him.

BBlove - if you are breastfeeding, u will have to watch your alcohol intake as I read somewhere it will pass through breast milk to baby... Then you will have a drunkard baby!

Wow... 12 bottles?! I haven't buy any herbs etc in preparation for confinement. Usually is we buy the ingredients and CL cook accordingly OR CL give us her shopping list and we buy accordingly?

bblove

I know some mums also prep so much then their parents/PIL kapo some. LOL!!

I think I only used 2 bottles. see how ur CL cook pah. maybe u will love the food with alcohol?

Vivian
that's wat I did, I used Ctrl F & cant find, so I asked. maybe hv to really go into archive to chk. LOL!

Drink and only bf 1-2 hrs after that. just in case it pass thru bm.

ctrus

depends on ur CL, some can just take wat u hv n cook. some will insist u buy wat she needs.

The standard ones
枸杞子,红枣,龙眼干,杜仲,当归。
then ginger is a must can buy from wholesale like 1-2 kg.

Back