(2012) Ivf/icsi Mommies Support Group

Thanks sisters for all your love. I'm glad I have all of you during this journey. It was so difficult to break the news to my hubby and family. Anyway I will build up my body then try again. I hope to join this thread again soon! Anyone has experience on how to build up health, please share with me. I wish all of you a smooth journey ahead!

Koirc,
I'm so sorry for ur loss... & I really feel for u, cos we hv been cycle buddies twice... Do take very good care of urself & be strong & m sure we ll see u here again, real soon...

As for building up body, I m a believer of TCM & tink it helps.. The other thg tt is good to try is daily chicken essence.. My fren used to hate it.. After her c-sec, she was simply too weak... But w chicken essence, according to her, built up her body well after 4 months...
Tats my 2 cents worth of suggestion... Do rest well too... & we ll always b here for u...

Koirc, I m sorry to hear that. Pls take care and cheer up. Like all, i do believe in 2nd opinion. Same thoughts as queenie, try tcm. My tcm tiao my body and I listen to his words. Miracle will happen! Pls dun think anymore. Juz rest and cheer up

Msmiele, I m taking folic acid, fish oil (started at week 20), obimin (started as soon as I knew I was preggy, gp ask me to eat) , calcium (started at week 13). Can't take iron cos I m thelessemic.

Koirc, so sorry to hear the bad news. Take time to heal the wound n tiao ur body. Jia you.....cycle buddy.

Ritzc, glad to hear that ur cervical length is back to normal. Waiting time to see Dr Ben is much much shorter than at kkh, I love it.

Koiric, really sorry to hear the loss. I can only imagine the roller coaster ride u have been through... When my first IVF attempt failed in April this yr, I too cried for days, and kept thinking what I could have done to help make it successful. I learnt not to blame myself, and just gave myself permission to grief and get over it in my own time. I went for a short holiday trip immediately after, while keeping myself healthy. Do rest well and eat well okies...
Just sharing my experience....

Summer, it just means my cervical length can be v dynamic so got to prevent its shortening. Ya, i only waited for about 20 mins to see him n the ultrasound machine in his room the monitor seems to be clearer than kkh gynae. I feel more like adc n amc std. For once i can see my son more clearly on the monitor instead of the usual grainy image at my kkh gynae.

Good morning sisters.. I'm feeling terrible this morning. Vomitted for the first time
sad.gif
Nausea feeling keeps coming back. So exhausted.

Good thing is I managed to tell my boss that i'm pregnant and he is very happy for me. He is understanding and agrees that I should reduce my night conf/work. Heng..

Hazel, my bb weight at 700g at 24 wks, gynae also said normal. Am worried mine will be big towards the end tri....#1 weight at 3.9kg at birth. I eat as per normal, just like before preggy.

Summer, is easier to handle bb at birth actually if they r bigger. I m just worried dr may send me for GD test if bb is too big though I m quite sure my sugar shld be fine.

Hi hazel and summer , my bb is 371g at week 20. Gynae and sonographer said she is bigger than normal and she is on a high end of the percentile! II was asked to cut carbo which I did!! Seems like yr bb r bigger than my gal. Mayb I should not b so nasty to myself and over worrying.

Catherine, yes dun worry! My bb length is average. But she is heavy. So maybe she has heavier bones n more chubby. Anyway i specfically asked dr if she is on high percentile. He said Dr she is average!

Koirc, very very sad to hear about your loss. I wouldn't be as strong. I wish and pray for all sisters that no more such happening in this thread from now on and all sisters will enjoy a smooth and fruitful journey.

Sisters, anyone of you heard of choosing an "auspicious" date for c-section? Will gynaes do that even though you have no problems delivering naturally but wanna choose when bb is born?

Somebody i know chose a particular date to do c-section because she wans her bb to be born on tat day as its calculated by the geomancer to be a good day.

I tot gynaes won't do c-section for you unless its medically necessary?

Any sisters able to enlighten on this?

Hi Amelia,

I have 2 colleagues choosing auspicious date for c-section. However , i have no idea on whether gynae allow this. Maybe private gynae do.

Speaking about choosing auspicious date, i heard Dr Loh mumbling to his nurse about a sister choosing an auspicious time for her ET. I dont see that sister after the BT, maybe it is a success
happy.gif

Hi Catherine, I asked one of d gynae. She say it's norm cux a lot of d blood will start flowing to BB. Tats y blood pressure will b lower n tend to feel faint. I ve not starting eating iron pills. Shd I eat now or wait for d wk aft nx to see my pte gynae to check wif her?

Hi Amelia, ya choosing dates is allowed for my pte gynae. Just need pay a bit more only

Hopeful, dun start anything unless u have checked with gp or gynae. My fren told me she keep Eating every 2 hrs to ensure she dun faint try it!

Amelia, so long u want yr gynae should b able to do it for u. To them they r happy no need to b called in the night to deliver yr bb. I may b doing that too.....

Msmiele, tks for the welcome.
happy.gif

Koirc, v sad to hear the news. U seem like a v strong person and may continued strength be with u. Recuperate well. *hugs*

Catherine, I visited my doctor yesterday and he had just started me on fish oil. He said my calcium supplement will start later in my pregnancy. Thank you.

ritz
that's good news, the nifedipine (adalat) is very good at controlling contractions and relaxing the womb. we are almost halfway thru, so hang in there.

koric
sorry to hear of your loss, have faith.

hazel
have you decided if you will move with sf loh or stay in kkh (if stay in KKH, have you decided yr new gynae yet)

been feeling very tired and having insomnia, so adds to the tiredness
sad.gif

Babymaking, will see drs at KKH (dr tan) n TMC (dr loh) till 34 wks then decide. Saw dr tan yeaterday n he told me nb is abt 800g at 22w 2d. Was surprised coz I thought usu 28 wks then will tell is bb's weight. He said he will ask him patients to stop aspirin at 34w coz of there r any issues will usu surface by then. If I remain in KKH will most likely let dr tan delivers,

hazel
ok, stopping asprin at week 34 makes sense, in case need emer c sec also won't have complications in bleeding.

kimmy
love-hate r/s huh?

Bbmaking - wahahha. Not so much hate but yeah something like that. :p now I might even consider gg to tmc (although parking sucks). Hehe

Hope283, hubby & I didn't catch anything! Dr tan was too fast. He points n said "that's the heart". Then when we wanted to see, his scan has moved! He was super fast too when he took the length measurement. Bb was moving in my abdomen but I can't even catch it on screen coz he was too fast! Haiz, dr loh understands my worry coz of my history so he will point m explain to me wats he saw on the screen...

Hazel - heh u nvr ask Dr Tan, slow down..I can't see!!! Maybe he kan cheong :p

Ladies, I've been burping chicken rice since lunch and it tastes funny..so I ate 3 bars of chocolates to 'mask' it and now I'm burping chocolates. And next I want fries. call me unhealthy. :p

Hazel, when I went for an internal scan (nothing could be seen externally) at 9wk 4d, I thought the baby was the black part of the scan which was actually the fluid (how embarrassing!). It took me sometime to finally figure everything out. Perhaps Prof Ng is older so his hands were a bit slower. Your doctor must be young hence his quick hands :p

Kimmy, haha we are all entitled to a little bit of comfort food. Enjoy your fries.

Hi msmiele, i was seeing prof ng too for my ivf, he was recommended by my original gynae dr.tham kok fun, cos dr.tham doesn't do ivf. Now i'm considering to switch back to dr.tham for delivery (but always overwhelmed by his clinic's long waiting hour). Are you going to do delivery with prof ng? Was he your gynae all along?

Toking abt fries, I m hooked on fries-related prdts too.. I like MOS fries & tt day MOs was closed, I went pizza hut to buy starry munchies.. Heehee...
& I used to dislike fries bef pregnancy lo...
& my dh was teasing me "carbo prdts again!"
Cos ever since bfp, I lost my appetite.. & juz like plain food.. Soup beehoon w/o meat, duck noodles w/o duck, rice w belachan w/o dishes, pau crust.. All the carbo prdts... & my muz-have apple juice.. Oh well, an interesting part of my life... :-D

Oh, sisters,
Can't do rebonding whn pregnant arh?
Wat abt facial?
I got a ROm & a wedding to attend soon.. & wanna look pretty preggie.. Any alternative suggestion?

Queenie - I also carb lover! My hub kept reminding me, one large fries per week only haha...
And no u can't rebond your hair cos of the chemicals and the humes. Facial im not sure but some mummies here said that it feels different now doing facial while preggy. Like extra painful.

Andreanie- haha.
I still thinking want to buy or not. But the top size is abit funny, becos for normal gap top that buy from Singapore, I usually wear M size. But for the maternity one, I measure bust size & according to the chart I need to get XL.
So don know correct or not.
The website convert to Singapore currency, so u paying as US or Sing currency? & they able to send straight to Singapore address right?
Is the shipping expensive? Is having sales now, so thinking of getting some tops & 1 pants
I also carbo lover now.
In love with potato stuff, fries, mash potato & u name it. Haha

I thot I m d only one who is fries freak!! 3 times a wk is min for me.. Plus 2 hamburgers n 2 Mac breakfast a wk!

Hi Queenie, I m going to start facial again this sunday. But I will tell them make sure no anti aging or anti acne treatment cux I read these 2 treatments will use retinol A. N also no shoulder massage.

As for hair, I will b trimming it n will check wif them if can do treatments w/o the stuff touching scalp. If can't, then I will just make do wif a trim..

Wow! Fantastic to know I got fries kaki out there!!! Heehee
happy.gif

Oh Queenie - I intend to colour my hair in dec cuz of wedding dinners too. But using organic products only :p I just read abt another organic pedi salon on mag! Will share details soon (need to search which mag it is again)

GAP - love maternity range. I got some pieces During my 2ww cuz it was one of the nicer looking ones even for basics, ultra comfy. So sad SG doesn't bring it in. I feedback to the stores before bcuz my sil told me in Europe there's Zara, mango, h&m, gap and massimo dutti maternity so she could shop for nice affordable styles easily :p gap said maybe they looking into it. Hahaha wisma branch re-opening in dec so we'll see then! Hehe.

Happy weekend ladies! I might head down to bb expo tmr to see what's there and good deals :p

Kimmy - I am gng for my organic hair colour touch-up next week too! hehehee...but no weddings to go to..just for being vain!
happy.gif

Ashley, congratulations on having twins (from the spreadsheet
happy.gif
). Yes, Prof Ng will be delivering my baby. My obgyn was Dr Karolyn Goh from Raffles. I feel it might be easier and more convenient if I followed Prof Ng till the end. I heard that Dr Tham Kok Fun is a good doctor. Of course the long waiting time can be a deterrent. The most important thing is you being comfortable with the one delivering you. If you do decide on Dr Tham, do you have to see him periodically whist seeing Prof Ng or only when you are in labour?

Bluenosebear & Andreanie, I agrees that Gap maternity has nice stuff but I feel that the shipping charges to Singapore are rather expensive (about US$40 for 2 items). Bluenosebear, you can check the charges by clicking "checkout". A virtual post like Vpost is a cheaper choice but might take up to 2 weeks. Happy shopping girls
happy.gif

Queenie, I am soooo in need for a facial. Facial is safe however since your skin is more sensitive during pregnancy, you should be more careful while doing extractions. Pregnancy also can cause skin discoloration and increase visibility of blood vessels, so even if the beautician is gentle, some have been disappointed with the results. Another thing to take note is the products used during a facial. I've been advised by my doctor to avoid skin care products that contain Retinol or Vitamin A. I've also added other ingredients to my "not to use" list after doing some reading.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_safe-skin-care-during-pregnancy_1490031.bc

As for hair rebounding, perming or coloring, there are 2 camps. However, if you need to, best to have it done during your 2nd trimester, use organic products whenever possible. As for me, I will try to refrain from them for as long as possible. In the meantime, more white strands are seen popping out.

Back