(2012) Ivf/icsi Mommies Support Group

Wow thanks for the info Bbliss, appreciate
happy.gif

Hi tromso n catherine
Thks for the detail on the location of shops.. Hmm.. Actually i hv the brown flask which r for brew chinese medicine. I bought the flask fr ban choon chan.. Wonder can i use tt to make the double boil soup with lean meat and cordycep etc tt u gals r toking abt huh?? Else how to do double boil??
As my tcm prescribe me some herbs with dangshen, cordycep etc in it n want me to make and drink on wk 13 and wk 15 once so i will just take tt first.. Later then maybe bu myself...

Hi bliss
May i know how frequent u drink the red date drink? Besides red dates, wht else u put in? R u drinking it whole day or only one cup? Thk u for rest of ur info...;)

Hi chris
I see.. Ok, will take note of wht u say..;)

Hi tromso
U still recall how much u pay for ur wong boi boi class? Paiseh.. Me very forgetful nowadays...

Hi pierced
Dun worry, u will succeed n hv a smooth pregnancy all the way this time.. When is ur edd?

Hi tromso n catherine
Thks for the detail on the location of shops.. Hmm.. Actually i hv the brown flask which r for brew chinese medicine. I bought the flask fr ban choon chan.. Wonder can i use tt to make the double boil soup with lean meat and cordycep etc tt u gals r toking abt huh?? Else how to do double boil??
As my tcm prescribe me some herbs with dangshen, cordycep etc in it n want me to make and drink on wk 13 and wk 15 once so i will just take tt first.. Later then maybe bu myself...

Hi bliss
May i know how frequent u drink the red date drink? Besides red dates, wht else u put in? R u drinking it whole day or only one cup? Thk u for rest of ur info...;)

Hi chris

Hi tromso
U still recall how much u pay for ur wong boi boi class? Paiseh.. Me very forgetful nowadays...

Hi pierced
Dun worry, u will succeed n hv a smooth pregnancy all the way this time.. When is ur edd?

Hi tromso n catherine

Hi bliss

Hi chris

Hi tromso

Hi pierced

J03, for e red dates drink, I got put in some dangshen, longan. Dun drink it everyday coz got longan n longan very heaty one.

I like drink 3 days a week n each day, max 2 cups
happy.gif

Kimmy, tromso, dun mention. Juz share on wat I heard n do
happy.gif

J03, for e red dates drink, I got put in some dangshen, longan. Dun drink it everyday coz got longan n longan very heaty one.

happy.gif

happy.gif

happy.gif

happy.gif

Hi Joanne, I can't recall too
sad.gif
I just know it's about $810 for my Oscar scan/ FA scan + FBI registration + Wong BB class. Scans are $390, FBI $150, so Wong BB must be about $270 then... Or I'll check when I'm home on Sat.

For the double boil, I just spoke with mum, she says can use those electric claypot thing...what is it called, wow, memory very bad....Chinese called sha pou...

My Chinese herbs has dangshen too, red dates, wolf berries, etc. If yours include cordyceps, then sounds like you are well covered leh....

sad.gif
I just know it's about $810 for my Oscar scan/ FA scan + FBI registration + Wong BB class. Scans are $390, FBI $150, so Wong BB must be about $270 then... Or I'll check when I'm home on Sat.

For the double boil, I just spoke with mum, she says can use those electric claypot thing...what is it called, wow, memory very bad....Chinese called sha pou...

My Chinese herbs has dangshen too, red dates, wolf berries, etc. If yours include cordyceps, then sounds like you are well covered leh....

sad.gif

Premier single room companion bed if longer & wider. my hub is big size & 172cm tall. Just right for him. I hv not seen the normal single room, cant tell whats the difference.

In KKH, there are SCN & NIU. In TMC, NICU has 3 levels, 3, 2A & 2B. Per our insurance coverage, level 3 can claim $300 a day. Level 2A & 2B is $100 a day. Level 2A & 2B are equal to KKH SCN.

Hub just asked for the interim bill.. bb was warded into Level 2B late yesterday night at abt 10-11pm. As at today, 2pm, the cost for her spent is $2k+ excluding dr's fees. This is really ex compared to SCN in KKH! KKH SCN a day cost only $100+ per my gf... Over here, can claim up to $450 a day for bb's stay in NICU..

also, per my interim bill, X ray cost is only $46. The most ex is the ward - $400 a day, procedures, medical lab fees and medical supplies.

Premier single room companion bed if longer & wider. my hub is big size & 172cm tall. Just right for him. I hv not seen the normal single room, cant tell whats the difference.

In KKH, there are SCN & NIU. In TMC, NICU has 3 levels, 3, 2A & 2B. Per our insurance coverage, level 3 can claim $300 a day. Level 2A & 2B is $100 a day. Level 2A & 2B are equal to KKH SCN.

Hub just asked for the interim bill.. bb was warded into Level 2B late yesterday night at abt 10-11pm. As at today, 2pm, the cost for her spent is $2k+ excluding dr's fees. This is really ex compared to SCN in KKH! KKH SCN a day cost only $100+ per my gf... Over here, can claim up to $450 a day for bb's stay in NICU..

also, per my interim bill, X ray cost is only $46. The most ex is the ward - $400 a day, procedures, medical lab fees and medical supplies.

Hi Chrisl, I'll pm you the details of the Wong BB classes, will scan the brochure when I get home on Sat, it details what is taught in each class. I highly suspect you can find some of these info online too, just that Wong BB usually provides special personalised advices which is very helpful. I promised Joanne to fill her in if she's not doing the classes, if you like I can fill you in too when I start the class, since I'll be taking notes, so no extra effort sharing with you both, no worries
happy.gif

Looks like you have infiltrated the Nordic culture with our Chinese ways
happy.gif
Some foreigners actually love Chinese food, so I hope your in laws will learn to appreciate it too. Hope you are missing home a bit lesser now, have you called home yet? My last 2 years overseas was really bad, extremely missed home, it was my last straw when my sister (and her hubby) decided to pack up and leave, so I knew it was time for me too. The hardest moment was always cny no doubt but must say it makes us appreciate our parents and kinship even more right. My dad also doesn't ask much about us when we were living overseas but I gather it's because my mum fills him in on our developments, that's why. I just feel that by your dad flying all the way over to spend Xmas with you, it already means a lot and shows a lot how much you mean to him. We are all darlings in our parents' eyes, will never change
happy.gif
Sorry, meant to say these to you when you wrote in forum some weeks back about your daddy's love...

Heee...if it's girl, then can teach her baking and gardening too, if it's boy, then hubby can bring him out for sports, mummy gets more free time heh... I almost feel that if it's girl, can close shop liao, but if it's boy, maybe will try for second, biased hor?!

Hi Chrisl, I'll pm you the details of the Wong BB classes, will scan the brochure when I get home on Sat, it details what is taught in each class. I highly suspect you can find some of these info online too, just that Wong BB usually provides special personalised advices which is very helpful. I promised Joanne to fill her in if she's not doing the classes, if you like I can fill you in too when I start the class, since I'll be taking notes, so no extra effort sharing with you both, no worries
happy.gif

happy.gif
Some foreigners actually love Chinese food, so I hope your in laws will learn to appreciate it too. Hope you are missing home a bit lesser now, have you called home yet? My last 2 years overseas was really bad, extremely missed home, it was my last straw when my sister (and her hubby) decided to pack up and leave, so I knew it was time for me too. The hardest moment was always cny no doubt but must say it makes us appreciate our parents and kinship even more right. My dad also doesn't ask much about us when we were living overseas but I gather it's because my mum fills him in on our developments, that's why. I just feel that by your dad flying all the way over to spend Xmas with you, it already means a lot and shows a lot how much you mean to him. We are all darlings in our parents' eyes, will never change
happy.gif
Sorry, meant to say these to you when you wrote in forum some weeks back about your daddy's love...

Heee...if it's girl, then can teach her baking and gardening too, if it's boy, then hubby can bring him out for sports, mummy gets more free time heh... I almost feel that if it's girl, can close shop liao, but if it's boy, maybe will try for second, biased hor?!

happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

My girl is a good girl... just now when we saw her, a few times, she started to cry & i talked to her, she calmed down & stopped crying almost immediately... Is so amazing that she can recognise my voice!
happy.gif

My girl is a good girl... just now when we saw her, a few times, she started to cry & i talked to her, she calmed down & stopped crying almost immediately... Is so amazing that she can recognise my voice!
happy.gif

happy.gif

Thk u bbliss
U boil for how long as got dang shen in it, shd we use slow cooker to boil overnight?

Thk u tromso
But i think wong boi boi class is around $300 plus ba.. Dun think so cheap.. Hee... As i hv the yellow flask so think of using it to boil.. As my tcm oso asks me put a small pcs pork meat follow by the herbs to drink biweekly.. Hmm.. So i wun start bird nest at wk 17 as wht my tcm suggest n will starts his herbs with cordycep for this three wks first.. Thks gal..;)

Thk u bbliss
U boil for how long as got dang shen in it, shd we use slow cooker to boil overnight?

Thk u tromso
But i think wong boi boi class is around $300 plus ba.. Dun think so cheap.. Hee... As i hv the yellow flask so think of using it to boil.. As my tcm oso asks me put a small pcs pork meat follow by the herbs to drink biweekly.. Hmm.. So i wun start bird nest at wk 17 as wht my tcm suggest n will starts his herbs with cordycep for this three wks first.. Thks gal..;)

Thk u bbliss

Thk u tromso

wong boi boi price is on tmc parent craft website. register for an account, u can see. if close to 400 bucks if not more, FBI member has discount & free text books.

wong boi boi price is on tmc parent craft website. register for an account, u can see. if close to 400 bucks if not more, FBI member has discount & free text books.

Hazel, I've just checked with TMC. NICU room rate is not tagged to mummy's class, e.g. For lvl 2B, room rate is $400 per day flat for all.

For KKH, depending on mummy's class, SCN baby room rate ranges from $50 (mummy class C) to $235 (mummy Class A). Im guessing your friend is in B2 then, SCN is $125 a day.

Your 2k bill should Inc baby room n treatments, your friend's $100+ is only room rate. Correct?

But for TMC NICU lvl 3 which is KKH NICU equivalent, for mummy class A KKH, baby room rate is slightly more ex than TMC.

So looks like TMC intensive care room rates not too much higher than kkh's SCN/ NICU room rates....

Could it be TMC treatments costs are killers....??

Hazel, I've just checked with TMC. NICU room rate is not tagged to mummy's class, e.g. For lvl 2B, room rate is $400 per day flat for all.

For KKH, depending on mummy's class, SCN baby room rate ranges from $50 (mummy class C) to $235 (mummy Class A). Im guessing your friend is in B2 then, SCN is $125 a day.

Your 2k bill should Inc baby room n treatments, your friend's $100+ is only room rate. Correct?

But for TMC NICU lvl 3 which is KKH NICU equivalent, for mummy class A KKH, baby room rate is slightly more ex than TMC.

So looks like TMC intensive care room rates not too much higher than kkh's SCN/ NICU room rates....

Oops, sorry hazel, just reread your costs post, yep, you are right, I misread you, KKH class B2 $100+ vs TMC flat rate $400.

Then makes sense to choose 1 bedded in TMC hor...since flat rate.

Oops, sorry hazel, just reread your costs post, yep, you are right, I misread you, KKH class B2 $100+ vs TMC flat rate $400.

tmc' Level 2b, $400 a day is just ward charges ONLY. they are other more expensive charges that i shared above in the $2k plus bill. I know in pte hospitals such as TMC, all procedures and NICU are not packed to mummy's warrd class.. coz charges are all pte rates unlike KKH where ward types varies by pte or subidised.

tmc' Level 2b, $400 a day is just ward charges ONLY. they are other more expensive charges that i shared above in the $2k plus bill. I know in pte hospitals such as TMC, all procedures and NICU are not packed to mummy's warrd class.. coz charges are all pte rates unlike KKH where ward types varies by pte or subidised.

chris, though i can pee, i find it very hard to release my bladder fully.. do u have this issue? i drank alot of fluids and prune juice, need to poo.. but i dare not poo.. scared pain..
sad.gif

chris, though i can pee, i find it very hard to release my bladder fully.. do u have this issue? i drank alot of fluids and prune juice, need to poo.. but i dare not poo.. scared pain..
sad.gif

sad.gif

For those who have engaged confinement ladies, are we expected to pay them a transport fee? My confinement lady suddenly told me about this charge when she called to check on my delivery date.

For those who have engaged confinement ladies, are we expected to pay them a transport fee? My confinement lady suddenly told me about this charge when she called to check on my delivery date.

Hi Hazel, Congrats!!

Hi Kimmy, u used to see Ban Choon Chan? If you want advice on cordyceps, can go see him. His wife will pack everything eg cordyceps, dang shen, pao shen into 1 pkt and u just need to bring home to brew... But for some strange reason, he asked me to stop aft this round (ie my last pk will be wk 28). Aft that he ask HB to go see him aft I deliver to buy the necessary herbs for confinement...

Hi Jo03, same thing. You see Ban Choon Chan right? Bird nest start on 17 wk and alternate btw cordyceps and bird nest each week. His wife will pre-pack the herbs (each pack is $55) and u just put lean chicken meat together with the herb and put into the small boiler and brew.

PS: Best thing abt Ban Choon Chan when u r preggy is u dun que..
happy.gif
Just go to his wife, give her ur card, and say u r preggy.. can either jump que to see him immediately or she will just ask him for "permission" to pack the herbs

Hi Hazel, Congrats!!

Hi Kimmy, u used to see Ban Choon Chan? If you want advice on cordyceps, can go see him. His wife will pack everything eg cordyceps, dang shen, pao shen into 1 pkt and u just need to bring home to brew... But for some strange reason, he asked me to stop aft this round (ie my last pk will be wk 28). Aft that he ask HB to go see him aft I deliver to buy the necessary herbs for confinement...

Hi Jo03, same thing. You see Ban Choon Chan right? Bird nest start on 17 wk and alternate btw cordyceps and bird nest each week. His wife will pre-pack the herbs (each pack is $55) and u just put lean chicken meat together with the herb and put into the small boiler and brew.

happy.gif
Just go to his wife, give her ur card, and say u r preggy.. can either jump que to see him immediately or she will just ask him for "permission" to pack the herbs

Hi Hazel, Congrats!!

happy.gif

Hi hopeful
Oh.. Is it.. We can jump que?? Thats gd news!! He asks me to see him at wk 17 so u mean he will gives the same herb to alternate oso till wk 28?? Or wht will he does when see him at wk 17?? U mean we dun hv to buy our cordycep as just take his herb is sufficient?? So we only need to buy our own bird nest??yes, wk 13 n 15, i will be taking his herbs with chicken meat as wht u say..;) Thks so much for ur advise..

Hi hazel
R u using PEM confinement service??

Hi Chris baby
U oso using PEM??

Hi hopeful
Oh.. Is it.. We can jump que?? Thats gd news!! He asks me to see him at wk 17 so u mean he will gives the same herb to alternate oso till wk 28?? Or wht will he does when see him at wk 17?? U mean we dun hv to buy our cordycep as just take his herb is sufficient?? So we only need to buy our own bird nest??yes, wk 13 n 15, i will be taking his herbs with chicken meat as wht u say..;) Thks so much for ur advise..

Hi hazel

Hi Chris baby
U oso using PEM??

Hi hopeful

Hi hazel

Hi Chris baby
U oso using PEM??

Hi Jo03, yes.. We dun need buy ourselves, except bird nest. Everything will b pre-packed. But then dun expect a huge bundle of cordycep.. It's usually 2 pieces. Which I assume is sufficient, since he is d expert.. Yup.. I believe u will get d same herbs or maybe even more cux u r having twins? And he did say b4 for preggers, he give priority cux it's not gd for us to keep sitting down while waiting for our turn. N his que is really getting too long for comfort!

Back