(2012/12) Dec 2012

Ladies,

I got gastric too but only for this pregnancy. My gynae recommend Magtasil Antacid. This can also cure heartburn. Just take this 10ml 3 times a day..

Very helpful. You can get it at Guardian Pharmacy.

Hi Jas~

Hi Snowing,
Oic, my gynae calls it the Triple test.. hee.
I think I'm not going for Oscar, but Amnio (U can guess my age then).
A bit paranoid cos been hearing scary stories.
Anyone doing Amnio too?

Fluffy,
wow you can feel your baby kicking?
i can't feel anything but nauseous
sad.gif

Me too still having this vomitting thing... already 14 weeks still have yet gone away totally...

Like today.. I dont even have the appetite to eat...Eat just to make sure the gastric wont appear...very sing ku man...

P1nk1e, why do u go straight to amnio? You can do the screening test first only if high risk you go on to amnio..

Hi fluffy! Im at week 16, but no movement yet! hehehe, oh my appt on 14th july is 10am!!! right after yours. hahaa

Mrs Heng, my nauseaness/vomiting started fading off at week 14, you will soon be okay !
happy.gif

Fluffy,
I'm still as blur as though having #1.
I'm only coming 12 weeks, so maybe still early to start "feeling".
Still feeling very excited about #2 though - U? Any prediction on the bb's gender?
happy.gif

karen,
Gynae told me since passed the "age", no point doing oscars (waste blood/$$) since it's only 75% accurate. Just do amnio which is 99.9%...
U too?

Fluffy, I had bad gastric problems in the past. Some years back I read/heard that the porridge water helps with gastric. So what I do is I will cook some porridge and drink the water (and of course take the porridge too) when I get gastric pain and over time my condition improved. Due to the hormonal changes during pregnancy, gastric problems might be aggravated. I find that antacids didn't really "cure" my gastric problems. Also important to take regular meals.

mamaling,

I've been eating regularly and even snack in between. still get gastric. I'll try the porridge method and see if it helps. Thanks

Fluffy, you also have to watch what you eat. Avoid coffee at all costs, spicy & acidic food. Mine used to be so bad that I get all curled up in bed, so I can totally empathise.

Fluffy,
Nice, you have a 好
happy.gif

My #1 is boy boy and he's 4.
Could your girl tell you that bb is didi?
I heard that some kids could tell...

P1nk1e,

yup.. she kept saying its didi. even told her teacher its didi before we even knew.

Mamaling,
its strange coz i haven't been taking coffee since i knew i'm preggy. stopped spicy and acidic food for 1 week coz i was down with a flu. and still got gastric.

P1nk1e, yeah I am over 35.. I live in UK, here amnio is not offered unless the NT and blood comes back high risk. Even the NT and blood tests they make a big deal of telling you that it's optional. My #1 I had in Singapore I didn't bother to test, #2 in UK since it was free I test, now #3 since I'm older better test!!

Hello all... Joining the Dec mtbs..

My edd: 25th dec
Having #2
happy.gif

Pinkle: my #1 also 4 and I feel like first time mum too. Coz forgotten a lot of things already...

Guess I'm quite lucky. No ms. I just feel hungry all the time!
sad.gif
been eating a lot. Currently love spicy food to the max. Hehe...

karen,
I'm just feeling so paranoid about it...
sad.gif

I'm at the borderline so some people say test, some people say dun.
Sigh...
Wow, you're having #3 and in UK, so you're a SAHM?
happy.gif

Hi mcfluffy! Woah you might have a Christmas baby! =)

I had a period of spicy food cravings too earlier on in first trimester. Then that faded and my nausea and puking came. Bah. I'm fortunate in that I didn't lose weight, but unfortunately I think I'm gaining too much weight. Think the inactivity is making me fatter than I ought to be. I read online we supp to put on 1-2 kg in first trimester, but my non-stop eating and doc-ordered bedrest has increased my weight by 4kg alr!

What are all your weight changes like so far?

Hi mcfluffy,
^5!
My boy boy Feb'08, yours?
happy.gif

I still ask my gynae many silly Qs... so shows I forgot most things already :p

Jas,
I crave all hot/soupy stuff. But yet not a very good appetite though I'm perpetually hungry.
My weight gain is still -ve!!
Ending 1st tri, starting to get worried...

Hi all,

I'm new here. First time pregnant. My EDD is 28 dec.
So excited but also worried abt my baby health at the same time. Anybody try doing prenatal yoga before??

p1nk1e,
Don't worry about the lack of weight gain! I've read that first trimester if no weight gain is alright. First trimester more important is development of foetus is terms of organs and features. The weight gain will come in trimester 2 and 3 when bb grows in size. Don't worry yah?

Hi Fel,
I'm quite new too. First time preggers as well =) Why are u worried about bb health? Scans are ok right? Nope never done. Super inflexible. Heh.

P1nk1e, I also very paranoid. But I'm 36, although classed high risk, I have friends who had kids at 38, 39, 40 and their kids are bright and good looking. So stay optimistic.. When I did the scan they kept measuring the neck part, I was so paranoid something wrong. Then had to wait 2 weeks for blood tests results, so relieved that it came back low risk and I didn't have to do further tests. I'm sure your gynae knows what's best for you anyway.

P1nk1e yeah I'm SAHM in UK. thank god or I dun think I would have survived first trimester!! Just barely scraped through as it is.

Fel, I did pre-natal yoga for my first pregnancy but I started late (3rd tri).

QQbaby1, my tummy did the announcing for me. hahaha.. at 2 mths and i was carrying a ball already.

Hi Fel,

My EDD is 20 Dec, not too long before yours =) Looks like many mums are giving birth in TMC! I just had my oscar. Results are ok! Will pray that yours is ok too. Don't worry yah?

Fluffy, I think my tummy the same. At 2 months I already couldn't wear all my bottoms. Even the elastic waist band types were super uncomfortable. Now I'm about 3.5 mths but ppl say I look abt 4.5...Wonder why the size varies so much...

I also told close friends before 3 mths. It's hard not to explain the sudden fatness and sickness... Once I passed the 3 mth mark, I started telling people. They were asking questions already anyway. Like, "why are you wearing such a baggy dress??"

Jas,

I looked 5-6 mths when I was 2 mths pregnant. Now I look ard 7 mths pregnant. My mum even comment that some pple deliver at my size liao and i'm only 4mths. wahahaha

I asked my Gynae why i'm so big, she says its just my genes. my muscles relax faster, so Im big fast. I've got a big reservoir for my baby! ahaha

i haven announce to friends yet. but announce to forum already.. haha.. evrytime aft scanning very tempt to upload pic to fb .. but haven do it yet :D

Hi mummies to be, congrats! I am from May mummies and Just would like to know if anyone is interested in the following, just PM me..

1. Medela 8 oz bottle (set of 3, wide base nipple) M size

2. Avent Classic 2 pc anti-colic system (set of 3) 0m+

3.Pigeon Peristaltic Nipple S (0-3Mths)

4. Medela S size teats (one box 2 pcs), altogether I have 4 boxes. M size teats (2 boxes)

Thanks. Just PM me. Enjoy your pregnancy!
happy.gif

All brand new pieces.

Hi jas, I think mine won't be a Xmas baby coz my #1 came out 5 days earlier!

Due to my too good appetite, I've already put on 3 kg. sobzzzz. Very sad
sad.gif

Hey pinkle, my girl is jan 08!! Hehe... We can have playdate next time!! Where do u stay?

Fluffy, I can high 5 you. My tummy also huge. 3 months look like 5 months. Actually my case I think it's because of gas. When I'm bloated tummy is swollen and hard. When I wake in the morning tummy is looser again. Haha. Anyway just glad to know I'm not only one like that!

Karen, *high 5*

I've got friend! hahaha... I think i'm more than 1 metre round already!

my daughter's height is just ard my tummy and i've bumped my tummy into her many times.. wahaha

Wow been busy all day and the thread sure runs fast :p

Fel,
What's the diff between normal yoga and prenatal yoga? I still my normal yoga class ongoing (haven't attended since preg though) and wondering if it's safe...

Jas,
Not only me, my MIL also worried cos I have a lousy appetite most of the time.
And frens commented I still look the same.
But to me, my tummy is definitely inflating
sad.gif

karen,
My gynae asked me to decide, that's why the dilemma. I should read up more about amnio so I dun get too paranoid.
SAHM with 2 kids + 1 on the way is not easy. *Salute*

QQbaby1,
Not announced yet, I heard after 3 months, but how do we calculate that? After 12 weeks?

mcfluffy,
Wow, our kids will be about very close in age.
Playdate? I've never done that before... Haha.
I stay far far east in Pasir Ris... U?

P1nk1e, as far as I know ultrasound and blood test there's no risk. Amnio risk is v small but I heard before have to take care not to over exert after the test.. With 2 DEMANDING and active lively kids I wasn't sure if I could not over exert. So for me I really dreaded if I had to do amnio. How much older than 35 are you anyway? (don't have to answer just a qn of whether you're borderline or way over) Maybe you can talk to a few other over 35s see what they do.

Fluffy, sometimes I paiseh, and I think if strangers ask me I'll just bluff say I'm 5 or 6 months then I start thinking I must get my story straight if 5 or 6 months can't be due in December! Then I think WTF, I'm preggie I'm gonna let my tummy hang out with pride. Better big tummy when preggie than big tummy when in not!

Karen, you're so cute. Yup.. big tummy has its advantages too.. I was abt 2 mths preggy when i flew to Thailand. had priority boarding, lot of pple gave way to me. heh heh..

Eh you remind me, does anyone know if I need a letter from doctor certifying me fit to fly if I'm flying SIA at 20 weeks?

Hi Jas,
Thanks. I'm giving birth at Mt A but my clinic fully book so ask me to go Thomson.

Hi Fluffy,
So is there any benefit from doing Yoga?? U go where for your yoga class??

Hi p1nk1e,
I not sure if there is any different but if prenatal yoga will be more suitable for pregnant lady. So trying to find out where is better cos is better I have a teacher who is more experience on this.

Back