(2012/12) Dec 2012

Good Morning all!

Finally is my turn for OSCAR! Havent seen beanie for a month, hope beanie is doing well.

I think jellow and queque or purplewish also heading for OSCAR today?

All the best to us!
happy.gif

Bp,
Think Germany a bit too far,that's about14hrs on flight.And this is ur 3rd 1,ur tummy probably quite big by then.Why not gg for nearer 1,let's say Korea japan or Taiwan only 7hrs.These places are much better to shop and eat.OR Austraila if can travel now,it won't be snowing but weather about 10..Kids will enjoy more than Germany.My girl enjoy so much when we were there than Europe.

wen1982,
i am going for a biz trip..not for lesuire..but of coz alos plus some shopping. Dont think i want to go for any sigh-seeing as i already being to germany 3 times.

BP, u still travel for work? I already have discussed with my boss to change all the biz trip to video conference..

Are u going on your own or with your colleague?
Personally I feel u should avoid for work if possible coz it is not easy to manage towing the luggages around and walking..

Hi everyone!

My first time on this forum, so quite blur about everything. Am also having a Dec baby and really looking forward to being able to share with other mothers-to-be.

EDD: 20 Dec 2012
Prof Yong EL
Birth order: 1
Hospital: NUH

Can add me to FB group pls? My email is [email protected]

Thanks! =)

kidomum,
yes i am still travelling. Will be travelling to Philippines this coming sunday for a week. i had already cut down the number of trip or re-arrange them to come to singapore instead of me travelling.

Hi mummies, I'm back (finally).
Was on 6 weeks of hospitalization leave, drip and all... Lost 9kg in total. Horrendous first trimester
sad.gif

Yea, I guess when the appetite comes back I will have to start packing in the calories and nutrients. Hope all will be smooth from here!

Mrs Heng,
The oscar was my 2nd scan, which we finally saw the baby fully formed. 1st scan was when the baby was 7.8 wks old, still not fully formed. Even the doc doing the oscar commented my baby's very active, very hard to scan coz keep moving..haha...too bad we didn't take video of the scan...
Next appt is this thurs, can't wait to know how's my baby growing... =)

Oh dear, sounds like a really difficult first trimester...hope you're feeling better now, Catherine! I myself was on bedrest for 6 weeks and it was no fun, can imagine must have been much worse for you.

Any one still having nausea and throwing up? I was hoping this would go in the second trimester but it's still here!!!
sad.gif

Jas, mine tappered off when I hit 17 weeks. Now I only puke with certain foods like durian, chocolate. so I avoid them, though Durian used to be my favourite!

I am still puking while I am in my 15th week. Is anyone else here havin severe headaches? I keep having headaches pretty often.

sasayeo,

yah loh... and its my fave. super sad leh. this boy follows my hubby and daughter, all hate durian.

radhika, I get headaches very often.

I had mild nausea and some throwing up first 2 months, then starting third month nausea and vomitting got worse! Now I just feel nauseous all day long. Really hope it tapers off like yours Fluffy!

Btw, how come you already know its a boy? I thought must wait till 5 mths then can check for gender?

Jas, don't know if you're the same as me but before mine tappered off, I was puking very badly. so maybe yours is ending soon. *fingers crossed*

If your baby is in good position, from week 14 or so onwards can tell already. Some mummies here even knew the gender from week 12 or 13. I just found out mine's a boy.

Radhika: Today is day of week 15. And I just puked. Chicken nuggets and curry is the worst thing to puke so far
sad.gif

Catherine: You are amazing... I am only puking at most once a day and I think it's quite torturous! Has the discomfort subsided fully for you yet?

Catherine , hope u will recover soon, losing 9kg is no joke, do take care!

Fluffy , sooo fast u know gender
happy.gif
happy.gif
! My nxt visit to dr. Kang is 14july, by then I'm abt 19 weeks , will be able to know gender :p

My "nite" sickness is finally fading off while I am going to my 16th week!

Jia you all mummies! ;)

Good morning all!

Going for my appraisal review later with big boss and I'm going to break my pregnancy news to him. *cross my fingers* all will go well

Now in my 12+ weeks... can feel my MS is subsiding. Hope it will go away soon.

Catherine - was wondering what happened to you. take care and eat well now.

Hi All,

Im also like catherine, I got servere vomitting and cant just accept food...was admitted for drip for 2 days and was on hopital leave for almost 2 weeks...

Only last week back to work and can eat a bit..but still on and off will also puke...

Good Luck Pommes!

My MS has resided since 14th week.. now I have to remind myself to eati normal portion instead of overeating =P especially durians!!

Yesterday I took the train... but no one gave seat to me... =( My weight gain at 16th weeks now is 2kg..

I have a few colleagues and friends who gave birth these 1-2 months..so excited to see their babies and can't wait to see ours too =)

Thanks all! everything went well and I was given a good grade despite me being absent for almost 4 months last year for maternity leave. Thank God for His grace!

As for boss' reaction - He got no time to react as he needed to go off for next meeting. So I guess I just have to continue to work hard to prove my worth till I pop. Jia you to myself!

Fluffy : How do handle the headaches? Do you pop a Panadol everytime it comes?

Joyce : Haiz.. I can puke on food that was consumed 4 hrs ago.. I ate an orange last night and then puked that at 12.45am...
sad.gif

So far what's the worst food to eat before puking?

My rankings:-

1) Chicken nuggets w curry sauce (Macs) -- very acrid!
2) Yoghurt muesli w granola and mango (Red Mango) -- pretty acidic
3) Pistachios -- green vomit was super gross to look at

Best thing to eat before vomiting has been potato chips... all the small bits came out in one retch and nothing was stuck in oesophagus/sinus area.

Hahaha Joyce so funny! Best and worse thing to puke.. Hmmm... my list will be:

Worse thing to puke:

1. glutinous rice - lumpy
2. agar agar - lumpy but colourful, can even see which colour come out first lolx!
3. Spicy food - burnt the throat further!

My puke are all very acidic as I had overproduction of gastric acid, so regardless of wat I puke will be very sourish

Best thing to puke:

1. tau huey - smooth, machiam puking water
2. Kiwi - smooth also but will see the colour oxidised

Gosh, I thot my MS was bad enough to last me even till now when I'm almost 16 wks. I'll feel nauseous throughout the day, some days much worse than others that even my hubby was shocked. The loss of appetite and bloatedness at night make things worse as I can't sleep. But I've only lost 1 kg, so guess I'm much luckier than some of you gals...but well, it's all for our baby!

Jiayou!!!

Radhika,

I will take a shower to ease the tension. If its really bad then i will take panadol. I have history of Migraine, so the pain can get quite bad.

Hahaha.. my worst thing to puke so far is Beef Rendang with rice. It was quite dry so the puke was very lumpy, when it reaches my mouth it didn't just fall out, it SLID down my tongue, yuck! Even now the thought of beef rendang makes me want to puke!

Best things to puke? Watermelon, yoghurt, prune juice. Anything liquidy really, hurls straight from the throat into the toilet bowl.

15 weeks and still vomiting.. yesterday was quite ok, only vomited once and feel great the whole day. today vomit like mad! evrything tat vomit out is so sour and it burn my throat.
sad.gif
heartburn also become worse these 2 days..
dec pls come soon
sad.gif

Hi Everybody~
Think I'm super late to report here...
My #2 EDD Dec 29.

I saw the table you gals tabulated - how do you do your prediction?
happy.gif

Ello...

Fluffy: I get gastric too, but pain not that bad. Try to eat something every 2 hrs or so, prevent the pain from even starting. Try taking milk or plain 'so ta pia'(cream crackers), helps to absorb or 'neutralise' the gastric acid. I've also been snacking on my secret weapon. Hehe. Kraft cheese stix! The kind kids eat! Haa...Helps prevent me from getting hungry at weird hours. Oh, ginger tea or ginger pills also help to soothe the stomach. I keep a stock of instant ginger tea at home, just in case.

Not sure if these will work for u guys too, but u can give it a try...

Hello p1nk1e!

Btw, I think our 'vomit talk' is hilarious! heh. I just puked again last night. Had to jump out of bed half asleep and rush to the toilet. All my mango pomelo dessert came out =(

My worst was when bb rejected my beef ravioli with tomato sauce. Very acidic and came out in chunks from my nose as well. Projectile some more. Gross.

Back