(2012/12) Dec 2012

Mummies who are seeing Dr Loke at tampines st 81, might want to check out the baby shop near his clinic for strollers etc. The shop looks small but they have a level 2 & the strollers/carseats/playpens are upstairs. I got my combi urban walker back in 2010 from them at $279.

My gynae asked me tahan till I gave birth! And my friend tell me to tahan till I finish breast feeding zzz

Rgd stroller, if u r looking for a light weight stroller, do remember not to hang too heavy items at the push handle part. I have seen silly parents did that n the stroller topple over with the bb inside! For me, I m using capella for stroller. Not a too light stroller but it's a single hand closure system n can stand on its own once closed (ie dun need to lean on walls).

As for car seat, I m also using britax. Choose one which can be used from infant up to save $$.

My one cannot be omitted item is my bb carrier! In fact most of the time I use my carrier rather than stroller as its easier for me to move within crowds. Better brands for carrier are ergo n Beco which gives very good support for both bb n parent.

Pommes, I also received a combi rashule during #1's full mth. But sad to say the cushion they got us was the cloth type n not the waterproof type. End up I only used it when #1 was still a bb n for napping purpose. Got a separate waterproof high chair for him instead.

Xta, I did my rebond when I was bfing. Wat i did was to pump before I go n once back, pump again n discard the 1st pump.

But for prevention & incase, try not do chemical thingy for now.
I aso enduring for doing gelish nails @ the moment...

*waiting waiting for dec to arrive**

Philips Avent Manual Breast Pump Out & About Set.

Used less than 5 times due to absence of breast milk.

Bought at $159, letting go at $80!

Item in great condition with full accessories in Original Packaging.

Self collection at East area. Pls sms / whatsapp Jean @ 91122351.

Hi,

seems like there's a lot of interest in the Britax B-Agile stroller. I did a review of the stroller but the thread seems to have disappeared.

It is an excellent stroller. If there is a request for the review of the stroller, I am happy to write it again.

For those who want to get the stroller, this is the information you need.

1) are you looking for the 3-wheel of 4-wheel?
3-wheel is USA version.
4-wheel is UK version.

2) the 3-wheel i bought at wholesale price but the wholesaler said they will not bring in anymore 3-wheel.
the 4-wheel you can get from robinson.
the 3-wheel you can get from paragon (the first few years on level 5)

3) robinson and paragon sell at retail prices which is about $500 for the stroller alone - no car seat or attachments. but it is a very sturdy vehicle and should last a long time.

4) the 4-wheel is heavier than the 3-wheel.

let me know if you need more info.

thanks

hi,

anyone looking for day nanny? i have a nanny looking for day care confinement. she is very experienced. trained with the hospitals in singapore. from malaysia. normal rates. no exorbitant rip-offs. PM me asap as all the annies are taken up quickly this year.

she is also looking for live-in confinement, so let me know if you need live-in or day care only.

i am not an agent and not related to any nanny. i am not making a single cent from recommendations. just want to help out and to save people from companies like PEM ripping people off.

thanks

Xta- I did rebonding during bf times. But I din discard any milk. I told my hair stylist I was still breast feeding then, so he started 2cm away from the root. Nothing touch the scalp.

Suntan - our rashule is also the cloth type. I took out n washed the cushion periodically.

Morning mummies, I was on unpaid leave for whole of last week.. The nausea and constant want to vomit feeling persist whole day.. Makes me feel horrible..

Now into my 11th week, yesterday had sharp pain in tummy area like pain with every movement.. Anyone experience this?

Caroline: Wish I was on leave this whole week too. MS can be debilitating. Just like I was wishing for my MS to start (to assure me the pregnancy is progressing well), I'm now desperately wishing for it to end.

I don't experience sharp pains, only milds aches for short periods of time.

caroline,
i just read that it's called "round ligament pain". it is a sharp pain on one or both sides of the abdomen and it says that the pain can strike anytime during 2nd trimester.

why it happen:
the uterus is supported by thick bands of ligaments that run from groin up the side of abdomen. as uterus grows, the ligaments stretch and thin out to accomodate the increasing weight.the weight pulls on the ligaments and causes a sharp pain in the lower abdomen.

best way to relief pain: put feet up and rest in a comfortable position.it is supposed to ease the strain and the pain.

u can try to google more to read..i copied this from what to expect =)
hope it's useful

Joyce: I am tired with the migraine which comes on and off and just tiredness.. Went Gynae on sat and seeing the bb makes me better.. He gave me stronger dosage for my nausea and bad heartburn..

Kidomum: it happens for a good 2 hours tat I doesn't dare to move to avoid the pain whenever I move.. Is this still round ligament pain?

caroline,
i'm not too sure leh.. u may wanna sms to check with your gynae to make sure?

how are all of you doing? I'm in week 14.. yesterday i went to play tennis with hubby and my #1..haha..never run.just walk and hit balls. good exercise..

also, tried durian the first time during this pregnancy, don't really enjoy it very much this time..hopefully will get better

kidomum - Still in my 10+ week. Geez... MS still at the peak for me. Vomitted yellowish liquid in the morning.

Caroline05 - does ur company allow unpaid leave even when you still have your annual leaves?

Pommes: I told my gm that I wanna apply unpaid leave already, just that I have not submitted to hr yet. If have to clear leave, then clear lor.. I have no choice either...

Gynae mc also not accepted as they only accept panel doc mc.. Non panel only up to 5 days.. My leave are using up soon.. Dunno how to manage till year end.. Haiz...

Caroline05 - i have to clear my paid leaves before i can go on unpaid leave. And the repercussion of using NPL is too much. Is a block to career advancement and affecting increment n bonus. Sigh! I also wonder how to tong.

Pommes: totally understand how u feel.. But just hang on there as I am counting down the weeks too..
happy.gif
)

I am just living weeks by weeks, hoping that things get better every week..

Caroline, even MC must be issued by panel? So strict! For my company, they accept the MC but they won't pay for the medical charges at gynae.

Caroline, i used to apply hospital leave during my #1. My gynae advised me to use & he actually issued HL for mi. U may wan to check with ur gynae if he/she's able to issue HL instead of medical leave.. but of cos it depends if ur company HR accept it. As i did heard of some company only regconised HL if the staff is hospitalised..

kidomum: yup.. and panel doc sucks.. medications are just so lousy..

belin83: my gynae din mention abt HL so i also din ask... my gynae only gave stronger dose of medication for gastric.. how to ask for HL...

Fluffy: I didn't, but my mom did. She said she had to avoid crowded places like the MRT during peak hours, because she might faint otherwise.

Is this what you're experiencing?

Sudden blackouts dun have but sudden giddy have alot.. The MS is super irritating... suca suca will wana merlion.. smell something not to my feel only also wana merlion.. like tat very fast my colleugues will know..
sad.gif

fluffy: I will feel abit faint and see tiny specks of warning stars if i stood for too long in crowded area.
Please try to sit down and avoid crowds if possible!

Fluffy: if you have keep having this blackout thing better dun drive till you are after the 1st tri... I now dun drive too.. even DH ask me to take the car during wkend when he work so that I can bring the kids out i dun dare too.. cos i know i anytime will giddy....

You might wana check with your gynae on this issue... Take care ya...

Purplewish80, I'm in my 2nd trimester already. unfortunately I can't stop driving coz I still need to send my daughter to my mum's place everyday and go to work.

purplewish: In the end I went polyclinic to see doc, throat was sore and kept sneezing. I didn't know whether was infection, or just irritation of the sinuses from puking.

Now I'm down with flu, past few nights have been drenched in cold sweat. Hope I recover soon, don't wanna affect Baby E :X

Fluffy: That's dangerous! Any way you can work out another arrangement with another caretaker in your family i.e. mother, MIL, husband..?

Like what purplewish said, likely low BP.

I recommend calling up your gynae to ask, if your appointment isn't round the corner.

purplewish: How come you haven't told your colleagues? Also, thanks for asking about how I'm doing
happy.gif
You are officially more caring than my direct supervisor...

sasayeo, I also went Expo ytd and bought 4 packs of S size pampers to stock up. Wanna buy NB and L but both OOS le. Also bought Pigeon wet wipes to stock up since my son one is running out, so might as well buy.

joyce: drink more water.. thats wat Dr Lee told me... he refused to give me any med for the sore throat and flu.. till today i am still have it..
You take care ya..

Cos have not past 3 mths yet.. i very pang dang.. hehe.. no lah, cos we are all are preggy mummies mah, muz care for each other.. hehe...

I past 3 months liao.. but now think better wait till Oscar results all clear first. But all my colleagues already know lor!

Pommes,
When u next update the table, can u change my edd to 28dec? Thks!! So happy tt my Gynae shifted my edd! The earlier the edd, the earlier I can csect!

Seeing bb is really therapeutic. I din feel nauseous at all while waiting at clinic but once reach home, puke like mad.

NB uses alot of diaper for the first month, so normally parents will stock up alot. I don't think 4 packs are enough for 1 mth. 1 pack is 24 pcs. I remember using more than 4 packs coz especially bf babies tend to poo more often.

purplewish: I did a google search and got this result -- http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/isitsafeto/flujabexpert/

Seems like no problem. Can call our good friend Kenneth Lee up to confirm with the clinic staff.

I'm thinking of bringing forward the next gynae visit to next week, coz I'm sick now, developing mild fever. Also worried coz I didn't manage to see Baby E move last checkup (Kenneth Lee said Baby E must have been sleeping...).

Two nights ago I woke up thinking I was bleeding and something isn't right with Baby E, but it was just my imagination.

Joyce, I can't remember how many packs of nb diapers I bought for my son last yr. I only remembered we bought a few and later on my hb went to buy more when we were running low on diapers. Maybe you can just buy 4-6 packs of nb diapers first then if not enough then ask hb or CL go buy somemore? Fyi, nb diaper won't be used for long coz bb bloom up quite fast, I think by 2nd month my son already upgrade to S size, coz nb diaper very small.

Back