(2012/12) Dec 2012

Purplewish80 may i know ur gynae now? Is his clinic in the north east area... Im seeing woodworth now because he's the nearest but if can have other options i will consider..

Daph: Actually oranges helped for a bit because they were sour, they alleviated my MS. That was in weeks 7-8. Now week 11-12, I've been eating a lot of frozen yogurt. Again, the sourness is quite nice
happy.gif
The trick I've found (and others have advised) is to eat a little before you feel nauseous. Like, I know everyday at 5pm I will feel nauseous, so at 4pm I go dapao some food to eat. Very counter-intuitive but eating actually lessens the nausea, and hunger aggravates it.

My MS has been quite mild compared to all the other moms-to-be here. I don't know how you people do it... already I feel quite K.O. and my MS not even half as bad...

Kongkong: Hang in there... I've been reading other forums and they say it gets worse, then it disappears. Let's hope our MS ends soon.

Daph, to me, orange juice helps too. Sometimes I take mixed apple, orange juice to neutralize the sourness or take the polka carrot fruit juice..

Cherry83: purple wish and I share the same gynae, dr Kenneth Lee from mt A. According to purple he has a clinic in marsiling. I go to the clinic at mt A.

Snowen, hope you and baby are ok.

Daph, welcome! try to relax and enjoy the whole process, especially when 2nd tri comes. Worry abt delivery and all when the time comes.

Dalp - i find myself very emotional nowadays. And i get worked up very easily. how many weeks are u now? I'm 9+ weeks.

Joyce - yes, i agreed. hunger aggravates MS. If I miss the window period to stuff food into my mouth, that's it. MS will kick in.

Dalph,
Hang in there, dun be scared. I understd what u r gg thru. During my #1, the moment I tested positive, things just start gg downhill. I puke 24/7. I cldn't eat/drink/sleep cos I'm puking all the time. I ran so much to toilet til I doesn't have the strength to walk anymore & my hubby bought me a pail to puke in. My hubby got to bring a plastic chair to the bathroom & help me bathe cos i was just too weak to do it on my own. I was on mc then 1mth hospitalization leave then finally just quit my job when I was 3 mths pregnant.

At tt time, nobody ard me suffer from such severe ms. I gave up gg to Gynae cos even if u walk in the wait is at least 2 hrs. For a person who is puking all the time sitting in the cab/ clinic constantly puking into the plastic bag is utterly humiliating to me. Nobody advise me to go hospital for drip to break the vicious cycle. All the nearby GPs I went to just say it is normal & just gave me anti nausea pills. I cannot even swallow those pills! Thus I cldn't even take my folic acid for my #1.

Added on the fact tt my mum puked til 6/7mths while pregnant with me so everyone just assume tt I've to suffer like my mum & it'll be over sooner or later.

Finally my close fren asked me to try TCM. Somehow I managed to swallow the liquid Chinese med & I got better from then on at 21weeks. Turns out that those snacking on light crackers as advised by Gynae in the middle of the night aggravated my reflux condition at the start causing my stomach to constantly churn out acid which causes me to puke acid/bile all the time which in turn made me not being able to eat thus the vicious cycle continues.

Dalph,
U r right. We shld avoid sour, cold & acidic stuff for pple like us. U can also read up on hyperemesis, there are sufferers like us out there. A fellow mummy fren from my #1 time also suffer & her doc prescribed the lowest dosage of a drug tt pple undergoing chemo takes for nausea & she got better. U can go & explore more options.

Daph & Queque, you mummies are great! It's really not an easy journey for you and I really hope that the MS leaves you soon!

Pommes, oh dear, never knew that ginseng is like steroids. Your gynae's advice is to avoid for the entire pregnancy or only during the first trimester? Is ginseng the same as pao sheng? I might have unknowingly consumed ginseng in the soups prepared by my MIL.

Joyce,
Oops sorry keep forgetting to update my details.

Can someone help me update? Thks!
Queque
TMC/MT A
Geraldine Tan
Edd: 3 jan ( TBC when I fix my csect date)

Mamaling,
I'm not tt great. I hate the whole pregnancy process tt's why I opt for csect & at the earliest possible 'safe' date. I can't imagine gg thru the uncertainty of natural labour. For this, I'm actually grateful to my pro natural Gynae for being understanding.

Hello mommies ! Mia for all many days cos I went on a short trip to BKK.

JAJ, I felted very soft movement last week when I was in week 12 too. When I press back n there are responses
happy.gif
so I think it's really bb's movements. Felt that when I was lying flat on my back.

Queque: How are you coping now? All's good?

Suntan: What did you do in BKK? Mostly shopping? Would you recommend? I'm currently planning my babymoon with Goi
happy.gif

sun_tan, JAJ,
i've been trying to feel too but so far haven't felt anything yet =P really looking forward to that..

today i tried to zip up by skirt and i wanted to wear it below my belly but have problem zipping up.. =P after doing that, i could only wear the skirt above the belly which looks funny.. in the end, gave up wearing that.. one more skirt into the wardrobe ..

Sun_tan, JAJ, I felt something too when I was at 11 weeks, so I asked my gynae because it seems too early. My gynae said it is not likely to feel the baby movements so early. The "movements" are due to blood vessels expanding. I was amused. But from your descriptions, yours could indeed by baby movements!

Morning ladies.. I on MC today.. Flu n throat is bad n basically the whole office most are sick.. Haiz...
Cherry83: dr lee has a clinic at marsiling.. Walking distance frm marsiling mrt.. Wait arh, I go n find the card n post add here for u...
happy.gif

Me n Joyce seeing him at Mt A clinic...

Morning gals, thanks for all your encouragement. I just hit my 10th week. Still feeling so lousy and I tend to cry a lot. I can't feel as excited about all this like u gals even though this is what hubby and I have been praying for. Hopefully it is just a phase that will be over soon. I find I draw some strength from all of you too. Knowing I'm not alone in this.

Queque, I really take my hat off to you. You are so strong!!!!

That's why I think it's important to have a good Gynae. Cos we cannot change what we are going thru but a good Gynae can make it more bearable.

Joyce, actually I m not a big fan of BKK but hubby is! Cos I m quite big size so diff for me to find clothes there. But I bought a few bags, pouches n accessories. Most shopping was for hubby n #1. But I sure enjoyed the food there cos I was craving for Tom yum. Wanted to do foot massage but with #1, hard for us to go so in the end we didn't. When u planning to go? If tummy big by then, then I won't recommend BKK cos would be very tiring to go shopping in that condition. Also it's quite crowded. So with big Tum Tum, would be diff too.

<table border=1><tr><td>No</TD><TD>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby #</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>e</TD><TD>1-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Ben Tham</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Fluffysheep</TD><TD>1-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Kang Wee</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Mama_ling</TD><TD>1-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Enerus</TD><TD>1-Dec</TD><TD>1 (twins)</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr. Tan HH</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>kidomum</TD><TD>4-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Cheers</TD><TD>6-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>snowing</TD><TD>6-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Henry Cheng</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>snowen</TD><TD>6-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. A L Lim</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>chubbyfingers</TD><TD>7-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Dr. Yeoh Swee Choo</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>sun_tan</TD><TD>7-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. John Yam</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>cath</TD><TD>8-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Dr. Ben Choey</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Lil Olive</TD><TD>8-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Dr. Fong Yang</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>berryjay</TD><TD>8-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>risbaby</TD><TD>8-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Kang Wee</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>kuromikk</TD><TD>9-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>East Shore</TD><TD>Dr. Heng Tun Lan</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>kikismom</TD><TD>9-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>sasayeo</TD><TD>10-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>East Shore</TD><TD>Dr. Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>ohoh</TD><TD>10-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>Dr. Jazlan</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>mifmif</TD><TD>10-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>Rsingh</TD><TD>10-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr. Ang Huai Yan</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>JAJ</TD><TD>11-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Clifton Chan</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>Xta</TD><TD>12-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Dr. Su Lin Lin</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>JLJ</TD><TD>12-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>Mrs Cheah</TD><TD>12-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr. Wee Horng Yen</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>Angelic</TD><TD>14-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>pearl</TD><TD>14-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Chen Han Lin</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>Little Blue</TD><TD>15-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>mi_baby</TD><TD>15-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Dr. Anita Kale</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>baby yin</TD><TD>17-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>littleantz</TD><TD>17-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Lim Wen Li</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>Joyce Lim (Father : Goi)</TD><TD>17-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Kenneth Lee</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>san2</TD><TD>18-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Fong Yang</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>Kong Kong</TD><TD>22-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. CH Koh</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>xtb</TD><TD>23-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr. Peter Chew</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>caroline05</TD><TD>23-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr. Fong Chuan Wee</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>Loh</TD><TD>24-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>Selvi</TD><TD>27-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>Dr. Watt Wing Fong</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>38</TD><TD>Pommes</TD><TD>28-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr. Seng Shay Way</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>39</TD><TD>evilicious</TD><TD>29-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Sim Lee Ngor</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>40</TD><TD>Mummy Koh</TD><TD>29-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr Arthur Tseng</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>41</TD><TD>purplewish80</TD><TD>30-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Kenneth Lee</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>42</TD><TD>Jellow</TD><TD>31-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Esther Ng</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>43</TD><TD>Mag</TD><TD>31-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Goh Yong Chew</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>44</TD><TD>Queque</TD><TD>3-Jan (TBC when c-sect date is fixed)</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC/Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Geraldine Tan</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>45</TD><TD>SurpriseBaby</TD><TD>8-Jan</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Clifford Chan</TD><TD>TBA</td></tr></table>

sun_tan, welcome back! Shiok hor, go holiday. hehehe.. I am feeling so bored &amp; tired at work everday.

Yes yes, I felt movement again last night when I was lying flat on my back! My boy fell back on my tummy and I actually felt like a kick in response leh! Maybe our tummy very loose and thin so can feel? wahaha... I think gynae only study from book, my gynae is a guy, so he won't know the feeling of bb movements ba. haha

mamaling - I avoid ginseng for the whole pregnancy. Actually, I am the more kiasi type. I avoid all chinese herbs for the entire pregnancy and is selective during lactation.

Sun tan you don't experience MS? Now I hesitate to go out to eat lunch... but you can go BKK! Really pei fu ni...

I'm thinking of going Phuket, chill out, relax, have some fresh air and peace before our lives are forever changed with the birth of Baby E...

Daph,
Try not to cry so much think not good for our eyes. I also cried initially then later somehow scared that the bb inside feels unwanted thus I stopped crying. It is alright not to feel enthu abt the bb yet given all tt u r gg thru. I just resigned myself to the fact tt my pregnancies aren't gg to be like 'normal' pple.

mummies: im back to work today, it was so tiring n i wish i can zzz more. my boss call mi in and show me her concern etc. also at same time, mention that more works are coming up,,,

mummies: i feel yucky these 2 days, i think its just the START of my ms. whenever i puke le, i will cry. i felt so no energy, so tired everyday and my taste bud isnt back at all.

i just like to leave a msg to all mummies here. THANKS, no words can describe how thanksful i am.

At my work place, not much ppl understand what i am gg through. all words of advise just cant go in. at home, mom just say 'its normal' n sis will say 'y pull a long face'??

thanks so much mummies, ur words of concern n advise have help me gone through so much.. without u mummies, i might have collapse

according to the gynae's clinic, the results should be out the next day. I was asking my gynae about the ratio thingy..he says it's ok, they will see results first then assess..

Kong kong I totally agree with you. I'm so thankful there's a bunch of us here who are going through the same things. When I told my young relative (unmarried) about how morning sickness is very unbearable, my relative asked "got puke?". At that time I haven't puked yet, to that my relative replied "cheh!".

But it is not cheh! It is 2 months of feeling like I'm sitting in a very jerky bus ride.

When I puke I tear a bit, but I try not to cry coz it makes you feel worse coz when your nose is stuck, breathing becomes more difficult.

Kong kong, hang in there. Pregnancy can be tough to bear. We will all get through it
happy.gif

i feel nauseous all the time too. but ppl when hear u din really puke always give the "chey" face. so sian. but juz ignore them la, once their turn they will know liao

I'm coughing quite violently jus now and I feel something in my tummy! I dunno is it my imagination or is it my gastric or is it bb??!!! But Im all excited! Haha!

yesterday i just went for oscar test ard 9++am by the time i reach my gynae ard 1++pm the blood test result was out but the scanning test result will only available in 3 days time according to gynea.

JLJ: My scanning, I got it straight away when he sacan and print at the same time. Blood test result I got it liek 4 days later.

joyce: ya i agree, those ppl just wont understand the mood we r going through...

oscar scan is same way as those tummy scan in gynae or via our bottom area de?? hmm...

Back