(2012/10) Oct 2012

<font color="0000ff">Liz:</font> <font color="aa00aa">What is the price different huh?? If price difference not big of cos get the plus.. haha</font>

<font color="0000ff">Baby:</font> <font color="aa00aa">You are so lucky..</font>

Thanks Liz
happy.gif
I actually got some nursing breast pad for free from the philip fair.. so might use those first before thinking to get these one
happy.gif

Elizabeth: Personally I don't really like Avent breast pads. They are not individual pack and quite small. Tend to leak. But it's good if wearing 3/4 cup nursing bra.

I prefer to use Pigeon breast pads.
Never use washable type before as super lazy to wash.

Baby> I also like pigeon pads, individually wrap! I heard is very good buy to get the pads during pigeon fair when they are snatched up very fast.

hi mummies just saw my reports again..coz after the detailed scanning..the sonographer keeps asking when im seeing my gynae again..i abit unease..go see the reports attached with my pics and saw they wrote Echogenic foci detected in bb heart and bowel..rest reports are normal..

i go and search internet for this term..alot said its related to DS..but i passed the DS test eh..#1 also ok..then those mummies said they also kena but bb turn out to be ok..

faint!!

<font color="0000ff">BBKay:</font> <font color="aa00aa">So wat did yr gynae say?? </font>

<font color="0000ff">rach:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Me still hv 2 more wks to see my gynae to knw how heavy is my bb.. But so far I only ate durian once.. Dun dare eat too often..</font>

<font color="0000ff">Mummywong10:</font> <font color="aa00aa">How often do we need to change the padding? The washable I intend to wear when gg out.. pigeon pads most pro when at hm..</font>

I also prefer Pigeon nursing pads; I've already bought 2 boxes. I can't remember how many boxes are required though. It's a must-have for me. Absolutely no compromise. LOL!

<font color="aa00aa">So my next target is to buy some maternity / nursing clothing and pads...
Yest bought 2 sets of baby comforter cot sets from Aussino sale lao.. Money spend like water these 2 mths.. Haiz..</font>

May> it depends whether you have leakage while putting on the pads, some will leak alot, some wont. I dont leak when wearing (unless its time for expressing or u are breastfeeding the other breast). So for me, i change only once a day but i always bring spare when I go out (in case i think it's smelly etc), as hygience is important for breastfeeding? So sometimes i base on the condition of the pad, as in i see whether it's soaked/yellow with the milk stain, then i'll change as and when necessary. Pigeon pad are individually packed, so if its 36pcs means there are like 18pairs. U can estimate how many to stock from there, I usually buy the biggest box.

<font color="0000ff">Mummywong:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Ic... Dan like tt maybe will get some to stock too.. Cos if lazy to wash still hv backup..</font>

May> i also bought washable pads before but i never try even once (though i have it), maybe cos of convenience? i used all disposable ones.

Hi Oct Mummies, what's your total weight gain so far? (week 22 - 26). I gained 4kg... Am a bit worried as bb is only 290gm at 20-wk detail scan.

Namie,

At 24 weeks, I gained about 6kg. At 24 weeks, baby is 700g.

At 20 weeks, my baby was around 300g so your baby is alright but you may wish to check with your gynae.

BBKay3105,

I had that experience before. When doing detail scan, the sonographer keep pestering me when am I going back to see my Gynae? Prior to that detail scan, I also went for Amnio test as baby tested to be 1:36 chance of being a DS. However, I told myself to look on the positive side, and baby did turn out to be fine. Not abnormal. Don't frighten yourself ok?

Weight Gain: 1 pound=450g approximately

On a Trimester Basis:
•First trimester: 1 pound per month ~ (about 4lb) in the first three months.
•Second trimester: 1 pound per week for the next three months ~ (12 - 14lb) in total.
•Third trimester: around 1 pound per week ~ (12lb) over the last three months.

But remember, these are average figures for large numbers of women so just because your weight gain pattern is different, it doesn't mean anything is wrong.

Focus should not be so much on how much weight you are gaining
in pregnancy; but how well you are eating in pregnancy!

It is recommended that women should aim for a weight gain related to their pre-pregnancy BMI:
•If BMI was above 26, you should aim for a weight gain of between 15 and 25lb (7 and 11.5kg).
•If BMI was between 20 and 26, you should aim for a weight gain of 25 to 35lb (11.5 to 16kg).
•If BMI was less than 20, you should aim for a weight gain of 28 to 40lb (12.5 to 18kg).

http://www.baby2see.com/pregnancy_weight_calculator.html

I gained about 5 kg (from week 20 detailed scan) and baby was about 360g that time.. i think abt 50th percentile? but not to worry, my #1 was 90th percentile at week 21 scan came out very average at 3.07kg during week 38.. it will fluctuate, growth is not linear..

I have friend who gained 20+kg but baby is <3kg, so dont focus too much on how much weight gain. just monitor baby is gaining weight every checkup (and gynae never highlight any concern), some babies suddenly slow down growth towards delivery though initial is big. Breastfeeding is really a good way to reduce weight, i was slimmer than before pregnancy when i TBF last time for my #1, the amount of water i drink a day is like lesser than the amount i express out!

and yet ironically i have another friend who only gained about 6-7kg, her baby was 4.5kg!

i think i have a tendency to gain more in 2nd trimester when appetite resumes.. so i'm trying to be more disciplined! for #1, 3rd tri i gained less than 3kg.. my gynae told me to aim for below 14kg total, my BMI is <17...

Re. Breast Pad

I also used pigeon disposable pads during my #1 time. Like mummywong, I don't leak alot, so I only used a pair daily. Although no leak, but sometime my nipples are sore, tear or bleed, I feel more hygiene for them to rub against the pads. Infact, sometime for more serious 'wound', the skin of the nipples will stick to the pad. Its really OUCH when I pull them apart. Those are the days. Heehee.. so on those days, I will just change the pads once it get dirty (with the blood/pus/dry skin), so 1 day can change afew pad. Good thing is pigeon ones are individually packed so can just change 1 side if needed. Hopefully they are more seasoned now to withstand #2 bites and my pump.

Re. Weight gain
During my detailed scan at 21weeks, my baby is around 385g. I took durian last night and ice-cream today. Ooops.. sure gain alot of weight for my next visit in 2 weeks time. Hopefully all goes to baby. hee.. my wishing thinking.

my next gynae appt 2wks later...worried so much also no use..hehe..sure will hv gd outcome..thanks mummies!! but still hv to prepare for the worst ah..

i gained 17kg for #1 eh..bb only 3.45kgs..keke

its wrong to eat for 2!!! hahaah

<font color="0000ff">Namie:</font> <font color="aa00aa">I gain 2kg from wk16 to wk 20.. During wk 20 detail scan bb is abt 300gm.. And during wk20 I still hv not gain back to the wt I am before my morning sickness attack me.. Think I hit lao.. So will see what is my wt during my next appt which is 2 wks away..</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Hmm.. Seems like many ppl prefer the disposable than the washable ones.. </font>

I gained 17kg for my #1 but bb only 2.75. My BMI is <19.

Now I gained 4kg for at 5 mths preggie. Morning sickness lost 3kg in 1st tri. Net gain is 1kg. My appetite is far worse than when I'm having my #1.

I think bb should still be fine, just small lor.
happy.gif
Everyday can still feel her kicks.

My net gain at wk 20 is 1 Kg , and Bb 300+g. I m underweight type n now apettite is so so, n I focus on eating the 'right' thing to gain d nutrition for Bb n me. D thing is I dun snack n I hate durian , and d only craving I hv is pasta n Korean food :) maybe I hv to 'force' myself to elhv some durian .... Btw I think durian is hi in sugar so be careful abt eating them

My net gain at wk 20 is 1 Kg , and Bb 300+g. I m underweight type n now apettite is so so, n I focus on eating the 'right' thing to gain d nutrition for Bb n me. D thing is I dun snack n I hate durian , and d only craving I hv is pasta n Korean food :) maybe I hv to 'force' myself to elhv some durian .... Btw I think durian is hi in sugar so be careful abt eating them

URGENT: GUI LAN Auntie! Confinement Lady

Dear Mummies To Be,

For mummies whom have engaged Gui Lan's Auntie for the coming months.

Please note that she have lost her sg handphone number. You may wish to contact her at 83558541

You may also find her on Facebook @ Wong Qui Lan

Thank You!

TGIF mummies...no work tmr..can slp late..yeah..goin for mahjong session tmr...yeah..anyone out there like to play mahjong?

I seem to be experiencing a sudden growth spurt n memory loss. Tdy I could not fit into dresses that I was wearing last week. Feel my tummy skin v tight and a rice bag strapped to my tummy while walking. And I just can't remb things at work like I used to. Went shopping just now for baby n feeding essentials n felt so lost at what to buy, dunno which brands better n qty to get. In the end i gave up n went shopping at Gap, bought 6 bodysuits n a dress for myself for a steal at $70+! I'm going to draw up a list n research thru this forum n ask my mom, mil, sis n frens for advice. If u have a list to share, would be most grateful!
happy.gif

hi 5 Esther! I also think I have growth spurt and memory loss. this month I put on 2+kg and suddenly everything couldn't fit
sad.gif
so I have been shopping for clothes for myself! muahahahhaa..

so far I put on 6kg already as of week 25 and baby is 830g.
I am aiming for 3.5kg baby... ha ha!

Hi Oct mummies,

I am from Sept 2012 thread group. Trying to check if anyone mummies interested in joining online spree(3 purchases for effective cost saving)to buy Atlas 2-in-1 Pregnancy Band with Hot/Cold Compress?

URL link: http://www.shopsugarbabies.com/item_5135/Atlas-2-in-1-Pregnancy-Band-with-HotCold-Compress.htm

We are short of 3 more mummies. Retail pricing is about S$148. Online purchase is about S$101.38 + shipping(US$54 x 1.31 exchange)/3 cost approx S$23.58. Thus total cost plus shipping is approx. S$124.96. Saving of about S$23.04.

Kindly PM me if interested.

i used it and it was great! takes the load off the back and legs! let me know if you want to get mine. it is in almost new condition. very very good.

Back