(2012/10) Oct 2012

Baby, my mom decided she wanted to cook haha.. so she will be doing the cooking, cleaning, and me and hubby will take care of the bb
happy.gif
Im sure my MIL will step in to claim her space as well haha

Hi Morning Mummies, Just being helpful, my CL is free in August and Sep. If anyone needs CL please let me know. I am nt earning any commission from here, just help her to ask ard. She charge me $2400 + $400(tonic). She is not frm any agency. My fren recommended me this CL cos she is very hardworking. Please pm me if you require more information.

Good Morning Mummies

May, I also suffered from heartburn for both my #1 and this time. For my #1, my gynae gave me Gaviscon liquid. I didnt take it cause lousy me will vomit liquid medicine. I recommended to several mummies in my #1 thread and they told me it is good. You might want to try. I drank cold drinks to put the 'fire' off my throat. Hee.. not recommended for mummies who are on TCM as they usually advise to keep away from cold/cool stuff.

Elizabeth, for CL, their charges are only for the stay-in for looking after the baby and mummy. For those food, we need to buy. My hb will go to the market with my CL previously and he will pay for everything that my CL need to get to cook for me. These include those expensive fish etc, as all these are eaten by me to 'bu' back the health. But of course, its up to you whether you want to buy those fishes/ herbs. Cause ultimately, if you don't eat those, then no point buying.

Raspy: Thanks for the clarification
happy.gif
hehe.. so my mom was correct.. i always thot its all inclusive.. well my mom will be here to help me and cook so my hubby will be bringing her around to see what we can buy first like dry herbs and stuff.. haha

Re: Stroller / Carrier

Seems like alot of new mummies and daddies are willing to spend on nice and exp stroller here. My #1 don't like to sit in her stroller, I think we had used less than 10times outside. We had a babyjogger citymini, which can fold quite nicely, smooth wheel, detachable wheels for easy washing and can recline down. But my girl just don't like it. So its standing at the corner of my balcony now. Luckily we didnt spent alot on it, else really wasted. Like the other mummies, for my girl until she is 3-6months, we always put her in the carrier. More convenient and she felt more secure to be close to us.

To me, a good stroller will be one which
1) can stand when close
2) smooth wheels
3) not too heavy for mummies
4) mummies are able to handle it single-handed as sometime baby will fuss and you need to carry him/her while still must deal with the stroller
5) able to close easily without having to take out all the stuff underneath the seat
6) can recline 100% for baby to sleep
7) not too light as some mummies like to hang heavy shopping bags at the back and the stroller might topple
8) the foldup size must not be too big as I had seen some parents unable to load their stroller to the back of some taxis and need to wait for the next one

Just to share, my girl prefers her push-tricycle after she out-grown her carrier. My mum push her in it daily and its really bucks well-spent getting that cause we used it daily.
happy.gif

hi mummies just back from detailed scanning yesterday..usually if they see anything wrong..will inform u right?? the sonographer? or they will pass the reports to ur gynae to explain to u?? yesterday the scan was ok eh..but keeps saying when u gonna see ur gynane..and see if ur gynae wana see u later...

elizabeth: those food hv to buy ourselves. she will advice wad to eat for confinement. but if personally prefer normal food or particular kind of food, she will cook for u too. her job include, taking care of bb 24hr (she slp tgt with bb), wash bb n mummy clothes, cook for mummy and bathe bb. before i confirm with this CL, she will arrange a short meet up session to talk abt herself and to let us noe the T&C. 2 of my friends engage her and tried her service and they are very satify with her. that's y i also engage her cos i dunno where to find and no other ppl recommend too.

BBKay3105: I did my detailed scan ytd. no report lei. only 4 photos lor..i hv to go for a scan at kkh again.

Btw, now can eat durian right?durian is very nutritious right?

Mini..then i think its ok ah..scare me..haha..coz i suddenly think of some positions she cannot see well..bb nt cooperating..said my bladder very full also..

ya me photos only..seeing my gynae 2 wks later...

BBKay: ytd my appt is 230pm. the whole scan end at 535pm. 1 time scan, bb face down,, too shy den cannot see.so doc ask mi go walk ard for 30mins.den come back hv to wait for the 2 time so ended 535pm..veri long..but still hv to go kkh scan again to confirm very thing is fine.

immediately after wad doc told mi, my tears rolling out ald but my mother and MIL was there so i cant cry.after scan i still went to temple pray pray. den finally reach hm i cry in front of my husband. =(

i started durians last week, ate twice so far. i think it's a sugar fruit, baby get v active. i heard some mommies eat it in T3 to help their babies gain weight. my gynae asked me to cut down on carbs and sugars...

I've started eating durians too. It's my fav and I just can't resist the temptation. But I tried not to eat too many seeds at one time.. Gynae oso asked me to cut down on carbs...

I just went to see my gynea.. Gynea said that my baby is on the smaller side so encouraged me to eat more durians as durians will help baby to gain weight.. So I guess whether we can eat lots or little durians depends on the size of our babies.. 

based on my baby centre and sprout apps, i always thought my baby was on the bigger side, then when i did my detailed scan at wk 19 & 5 days, my baby's weight was 349g, and it was at the 50th percentile of the reference range leh... why our reference range seems higher than the westerner apps huh?

durian is nt my favor but my doc say short of 1 vessel i scared. i google it, vessel is to provide nutri. so if i onli hv 2 meaning nutri will b deliver slower or lesser. thats y i eat durian. till nw my weight gain is still 2 kg. nw onli 51.1kg.

Hi Mini22, try not to worry too much. Probably your baby was not cooperative during the first scan and some parts could not be seen clearly. That is why u r asked to go back for a second scan.

Mini..doc said ur bb short of 1 vessel but still said ok to u..mean ok right..dont worry..everything should be fine..

when i had my #1..doc also everything fine BUT...when i heard her BUT i wana faint..end up is bb legs havent fully joined..maybe becoz my womb too small for a big bb..her legs hard to move here and there..always in 1 position..u see her nw..kicking us all the way..so dont worry k..

Esther: I think Manduca can switch to front-facing and hip-carrying. You can go to the shop to try out.

And Peg Perego you may go to Kaki Bukit Baby Kingdom or Baby Hypermart (dunno which is which, the one with the beautiful 2nd floor showroom) They may allow some bargaining. I bargained for my Inglesina car seat.

For smaller babies to use Bee, I also dun recommend the cocoon, it's just too hot in SG. 6 mths up should be fine. The Bee can recline to almost 180 deg flat. And babies are not recommended to lie complete flat too due to influx condition and can cause bb to vomit milk if just fed. So small babies are recommended to lay at a slight (175deg) angle instead of 180deg flat.
happy.gif

And I think most babies are fascinated by strollers moving. My boy struggles when we harness him in the Bee, but once we get moving, he enjoys the motion and scenery. lol...

My neighbor is using Quinny Zapp, pretty good too. Her MIL is handling it well, so ease of use for elders.

I think it's important to get a stroller that your caregiver is willing to use. Unlike my Stokke Xplory which is a white elephant now because my MIL is intimidated by the sheer size and refuses to use it. Should have bought the Bee in the very beginning.

Elizabeth: I'm getting IKEA baby cot. It seems rather stable for that price.
happy.gif

Angel9: I also have a monster nanny last yr! She is known as Aunty Mary from JB. I sack her on the 8th day which is CNY eve. Let her go home for festive. lol... the whole family is relieved when she left.

She wears ultra short shorts and walk about in the house exposing her 55 yr old legs. She wears many anklets, bracelets and rings which seems unhygienic to me. She blames and complains that my breast pump (Medela freestyle) is difficult to open up to wash. She sleeps more than me and baby. She sleeps everywhere, on the sofa, on her bed and on the staircases even in daytime with baby in her hands.

The first weekend that bb return home rained 4 days consecutively, I ask her to iron dry the cloth diapers, she weep as she did the job, as though I bully or abuse her.

She secretly ask my MIL to buy more huggies diapers as she refuse to use and wash cloth diapers.

She is lazy to go to wet market (which is just downstairs) everyday to get fresh ingredients for my confinement meals. She ask my mil to do the shopping for one whole week and stock up the fridge fully. And the way she prepares food is so unprofessional. When she left, we have to throw away all the food that she orders my MIL to buy as they are no longer fresh.

After she left, I check my bb's bottom, there are traces of poop left in creases. And bb's delicate belly button is also not clean.

Most sian part is she keep telling the whole family that I have no milk and ask me to use formula so that it's easier for her to just make fm and stuff into baby's mouth at night, instead of washing my pump. I'm so glad i sacked her.

For my 2nd baby, no more CL as I can take care of bb and i'll ask my mum to cook for me.

Save money!

happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Angel9:</font> <font color="aa00aa">So sry to heard abt the bad CL you had.. Hope mine will not be like yours..</font>

<font color="0000ff">raspy:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Ya.. Will drink cold water to cool it dwn.. But somex dun work.. Sad..</font>

Got a call from my gynae ytd saying that i failed the glucose test. haf to do another round of the test on this sat. anyone here has the same problem?

Skies: Thank u..

BBKay: gynae say go kkh but i called them they say kkh hv to wait veri long. today 3pm i go tmc scan. *cross finger*

hi all, i m selling away my peg perego si which is in good condition but bcos i need to get a double stroller since my #1 will only b 20 months when #2 comes, i need to make space.
let me know if any of you are keen ok?

i m gg to see my gynae this friday. think i ate durians 3x in 2 weeks. dunno what to expect. cant wait to see the little one!

rainysnow, I took the glucose test during my #1 time but passed it. And I only took it quite late in pregnancy. How come your gynae put you through it so early? Do you have any history before this? I read from some mummies previously that they need to watch their diet very very closely, avoid sugary stuff and for those very serious one, they need to test blood daily. Maybe you want to check with your gynae for the details on Sat.

May, If you are ok, you might want to try Gaviscon liquid. I heard that its really good and cure quite instantly. The taste is like mint. My heartburn usually come around late evenings, is yours the same? I take sips of cold water in the office. Hee.. and I always get disapproving looks from my colleagues as there are saying that bb are prone to plgeum if mummy take cold drink during preg. =X

<font color="0000ff">raspy:</font> <font color="aa00aa">OK.. I go look for it.. and try.. Monday I start to have heartburn ard 3pm.. Yest was after dinner.. Think depends on wat I eat that trigger the heartburn bah.. I only know that the Monday one was v bad.. But I still take cold drinks daily.. Ppl tell me bb will hv asthma lo.. But my sis told me say depends on individual n bb bah.. My sis oso took alot of cold drinks during her 2 pregnancies.. </font>

<font color="aa00aa">Hi Mummies.. I rem during 1st trim some of you plan to go for aqua aerobic.. So anyone did really go for it? Is it gd?</font>

Hi Baby Jo, I am in my 23 weeks plus and she weighs about 530 grams. Gynea says that the range for 24 weeks baby is between 500 to 800.. So she is on the smaller side.. Which week r u at?

<font color="aa00aa">Wow.. I was told tt bb ard 300gm during my FA on 1st Jun leh.. but my gynae no say anythg wow.. Dun scare me ah...</font>

<font color="0077aa">May</font>
I think it's normal. During 20th Week my baby was 311g.
I think by 28 weeks will be around 1kg le I hope.

Hi all,
I just celebrated my bb full month party. I ordered the cake from Ecreative and I'm utterly disappointed with them!
On the day of delivery, they driver just put the cakes in the function room and went off. We were puzzled as normally they will request someone to endorse on the delivery order. As were were busy with preparing the buffet and other things, we did not ponder further.
The horror started when we were about to give out the cakes. All the cupcakes and mini cakes were toppled inside! Imagine cupcakes with creams which were toppled! We had no choice but to salvage what we can secretly so as not to let our relatives see... This is why I only had time to take a photo of 1 of the boxes out of the 20 odd boxes !
The next day, we call Ecreative n demand an explanation. Guess what? They denied saying we should take photos of all boxes, return all boxes if we want compensations, n denied that the driver did it! How to take photos of all boxes when we were secretly salvaging the boxes?how to return the boxes when we had to give out the cakes that day which is a Sun when they don't take in calls?if it's not the driver, then who?
Another nightmare is, a few relatives called n said the glutinous rice had turned bad! We had since called NEA for this!
So pls boycott this coy if u want to have a happy full month party.

Think my gynea wants to beef me up because my first one was very small when born at 37 weeks.. Only 1.8 kg.. So think as long as baby is within range, should be ok..

agencies now only have PEM, TMC and a couple of others. all have lots of complaints. i used GPLS before and the nanny they sent was beyong fantastic. the other 2 nannies i have tried came into singapore secretly. but i applied work permit for them. but they are not experienced and very lousy! hard to get good nannies now. GPLS had very strict training and they matched the nanny perfectly... PEM and TMC and others will say ok, noted. we know what you like but does not mean we will give you what you like. we will give you whoever is available. so it's like agency or not, you will just get a random nanny who could be very bad. even if you ask to change nanny, they just send another bad one becoz they did not match properly. they just want to make money. each nanny they refer this year, they will get $1000 commission!

Skies,kanelmo: ya lor..if nt I damn sad..I cried in office this morning while typing the post... Nw I can slp well n eat well ald..

thanks everyone, for sharing their advise, experiences and recommendations to make life easier with pregnancy and baby!

Namie:
yes I've heard complaints of this Aunty Mary and I avoided getting her. But seems like you can't avoid ALL the bad nannies! The nanny I interviewed seemed good and had no complaints online... but she sent someone else instead... and then that one went home halfway coz the father died and sent another one! this one now is the very lousy one.

I agree that mummies should learn to DIY confinement and not rely on nannies which seem to be lots of horror ones out there! Waste time and money.

This current nanny keeps mumbling and scolding my children! Say they are smelly, messy, etc... she made the ensuite bathroom SO DIRTY, it looks like some public toilet which is not clean. Hair everywhere, black marks everywhere, always wet... my husband ask why she is always in the toilet!

Anyone hiring this Ah Yong, better ask me for her photo if not you will suffer. Her daughter works for Clarins, so she gets lots of Clarins stuff. The whole bathroom is her Clarins stuff.

She refused to wash my baby's bottom each time he pee or poo, after he had the circumcision. So she said she will see how I do it. And then she just pretend to be busy or go out the room when he pee or poo so she don't have to change or wash him!

Since she's been here about 10 days, I have changed the bedsheets EVERY DAY becoz she lets the baby pee and poo on the bed every day. And she used 10 full sized adult towels already. Again, becoz she lets the baby pee and poo everywhere and she uses the towels to mop up. She thinks it's wash by washing machine so it's ok to keep changing towels and bedsheet.

BUT I have to hang out the laundry, and sometimes it is not sunny and cannot dry. And she use until I don't have any more spare in the drawer! I need her to do the cooking, so I keep her. Otherwise, I will can her.

She can't really cook. You have to direct her, even to the last detail, like how many spoons of oil to use and what to use, how high the heat, etc. *faint* luckily this is my second confinement and I know how to do most things myself. But it's not confinement at all since I have to touch water and be wet all the time and do everything myself!

I hope karma catches up with this woman. So terrible to my children and make my house so dirty and messy and SO LAZY and dare to ask for big ang pow. Evil.

I don't even ask her to do anything other than mind my baby and just do some LIGHT cooking. She eat all my food and sleep all day, mess the house, I didn't even scold her, yet she turn around and be nasty and evil to me and my family. This type of people should have karma teach them lesson.

angel,
i dun think the company takes $1000

if i am not mistaken,
upon signing the contract, you pay $xxx deposit, whhich goes to the agency

the balance $xxxx, you pay the Nanny on day 28, which is her pay.

right ?

Back