(2012/10) Oct 2012

it's called jolly jumper. US brand. not available in singapore. it fits ALL sizes. seriously. from the impossibly small to very very large. there is an extension for very large sizes. it was very very good. i could walk the shops for hours before feeling tired even at 9 months! could stand in MRT without feeling tired when people did not want to give up their seats.

7161472.jpg
7161473.jpg
7161474.jpg
7161475.jpg

Helping an auntie post this thread and see if the response is good. Made of good quality cotton cloth and cute design picture for you to choose. Mattress cover come in either zip form which is fully cover for both side or rubber band form which cover 1 side of the mattress. Looking at $10 for size smaller than 70cm x 100cm and pillow case at $3 each. email to [email protected] if u have any other enquiries.

Tmc gives the brown diaper bag, not very nice one ley... Inside there r some samples ( I can't really rem!) during my #1 time. The only useful things are huggies diapers and hand sanitizer I think.
Only Mt A gives the bathtub.

<font color="0000ff">Btil:</font> <font color="aa00aa">During the hospital tour the lady told me due to hygiene.. Each bb will hv a new bath tub.. We can choose to bring it home or anot during discharge..</font>

I read from Motherhood magazine that all new mothers would get a goodie bag at the hospital, sponsored by Motherhood magazine.

I tried to locate it on their website but to no avail.

Kanelmo: I read abt this from some Motherhood magazine too. They only hv this arrangement wif certain hospitals. For those giving birth at those "excluded hospitals", there is a contact number or some other place to collect the goodie bag.

Idealistic: Can u pls check your FB privacy settings to ensure that u allow public search and oso allow ppl to send u friend request? This is so that Selena can search for u as well as adds as her friend in order to invite to our FB Oct group
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">sweetmadness87</font> - I could have missed it, but I dont have your details on the excel yet, could you provide me again so that I can also update gender for you. Sorry about it!

<font color="0000ff">Njon</font> - I need to go for my glucose test on the next visit too (which is approx 3 weeks time). I thought it was applicable for preg with family history of diabetes (cause I was told so) or is it compulsory for all. How's the procedure like? I am afraid that I'll fail too cause I am not really watching my diet during pregnancy loh.

BKK baby shopping - Going to BKK end of the month, anyone can recommend anything worthwhile to buy there? How's the clothes quality at Platinum mall, good for home wear only or can wear go gai gai de? Thanks in advance for tips!

<font color="0000ff">Btil</font> - Only this time 3 weeks for me cause the 4th week clashes with my Mum's operation. She's going for major op so we all just wanna be there, and so I also wanna refrain myself from any appointments loh.

May - u mean the mt A goodie bag ?

If Tmc not giving bath tub, then I will buy one :)

Charris - hv fun in bkk but b v careful ok ... :)

Ccharis glucose tolerance test? U need to fast the night before. Then they will draw your blood and make u drink this really sweet drink. After an hour will take your blood and urine. After 2 hours then repeat again

Ccharis: Have fun in Bangkok! I like to get kids clothes from Gingersnaps in Bangkok which is slightly cheaper than the prices in Singapore.

As for food, I like to eat at Taling Pling (they have one at Central World Plaza although we usually go to the Silom one). Good authentic Thai food which the locals go to in a clean environment. Enjoy!

ccharis, they have carters, h&amp;m those kinda brands at top floor of platinum but i dont rem if they are cheap or exp cos i din see thoroughly when i was there in feb. just see see look look only. maybe you can explore and share with us! thanks!

Btil: can call TMC to find out?? from the booklet I got from them about admission, they didn't mention any bath tubs
happy.gif

Ccharis: I think it might be due to your dietary patterns.. if not, it might be caused by the increase of weigh?? To help control, is to take in less sugar / salt and more wholegrain items.. plus sufficient exercise like walking mroe and stuff...
happy.gif

Elizabeth, so fast u got the booklet? I asked abt admission and my clinic's counter staff told me they will arrange in week 28, i'm anxious after they could not secure my FA appointment for week 20 and had to do walk-in.

i just feel pretty amazed by my last sprout app update that my bb is about 28 cm, which is about the length of my forearm! can't imagine how he's positioning inside, probably curled up, counting down to my gynae visit next week
happy.gif

oh, but my clinic's staff said can only book at week 28 regardless ward type, hmm... how much diff in pricing is the premium single and regular single?

<font color="0000ff">Btil:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Not sure what we will get in the goodie bag.. but I know we wil cfm hv a bb bath tub..
I just sign up for the Mt A Childbirth Education course. As I looking for wkend classes so will start in early Aug.. </font>

<font color="0000ff">elizabeth:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Cos I cant make it to the wkday class.. Too rush for me to go fm my work place.. Tts y I can only go for the wkend class in Aug as July's class are full..</font>

<font color="0000ff">reineluv:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Oh.. Than tt means we will be in the same class lo.. Hehe.. I send in my registration for the class n ladies card together.. Got additional 10% disc wow.. Dan during delivery got $100 off the bill.. So calculate the member fee all back lao.. Tts y I sign up lo.. Hehe.. </font>

<font color="0000ff">summer:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Lol.. Too late now.. When I inquire abt the course july only left wkdays lao.. Dan Aug wkend class only left 2-3 slots too.. think they hv v limited slots each class.. So I quickly book for the Aug class scare no more too..</font>

Btil: i signed up for the TMC one.. you're referring to the 6 lessons one rite?? i signed up for the one at OASIA... will start on 21st July (weekends)

<font color="0000ff">Joanna:</font> <font color="aa00aa">For mum deliver in MountA wkday: S$181.90, wkend: S$203.30. For mum not deliver in MountA wkday: S$214, wkend: S$235.40.
6 sessions + 1 Complimentary Session on Marriage Enrichment. For wkend sessions, the 1st session is conducted on a wkday, so only 5 sessions is on wkends.
You can go this website to take a look: http://mtalvernia-hospital.org/Childbirth-Education.asp</font>

Hi mummies,

I'm from Nov 2012 thread, my EDD is 7th Nov but I expect bb to arrive early so would like to join you all..

Saw some of you are looking for bath tub, I have 2 at home, one is from mt A which i got for my #1 and another one is i bought for my wedding. This time will also deliver at Mt. Alvernia so probably will have another new one. If mummies you don mind, you might wan to get the bath tub from me at AMK. Just PM me. Not selling but giving away to clear space also.

<font color="0077aa">May</font>
Oh, delivery got $100 off ah. I was trying to look for the perks of the card. Hahaha, yeah, we will be in the same class.

Second time mummies: Have you started looking at kindergartens for your older ones? Any feedback to share? Am thinking of Newton Kindy or Marymount Kindy as they are both nearer to home so would appreciate some feedback
happy.gif

Mummies who are thinking of enrolling in St James Church Kindy, remember to put your child on the registration list as soon as you get the birth cert. It is that competitive I hear. Scary!

<font color="0000ff">reineluv:</font> <font color="aa00aa">There are 2 timing for wkends classes.. I signed for the 1.30 class.. u?</font>

Esther
I have got intention to book the premium single this time round too. The difference in the cost itself is
Single - $500+
Premium S - Double the cost

But I still do not know how much difference it might be after deduction of medisave. Hubby like not very willing for that room lei.
sad.gif

May, I also got the Mt A ladies card during #1 time. And guess what, hb found that its expiry is in Dec-2012. I wonder if I could still have $100 off the delivery for #2. Like that I would have 'earned' it. Heehee..

Tks Angeline, the rates you mentioned are room rates per night? Actually i cant really figure out the rates on TMC webpage :p

My hb has been asking me if wana go 2nd babymoon so i'm thinking save the $$$ for ward and other baby stuff
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Raspy:</font> <font color="aa00aa">I think still entitle to the $100 off if before the card expire. It nvr state one time usage only wat.. </font>

<font color="0000ff">Esther:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Yr hubby so nice.. Still offer to go 2nd babymooning.. Maybe he think after bb is here.. Hardly will hv chance to be on 二人世界 lao..</font>

Back