(2012/10) Oct 2012

anyway, my mum (retiree) will be popping by as and when she is free.

the maid will be around (worked for us many years, thus confirm will have best interest for us and the baby)

FIL (retiree) will want to come to our place too, if he's free (which i think he is generally quite free)

if the CL dare to be funny, i think the 3 guardians will "wack" her jia lat jia lat

PEM asked me for $1000 deposit. and the nanny said they only pay her what i give her at the end of 28 days. so yes PEM takes $1000 deposit

Morning All! Back in the office after 2 days mc from the flu.Nasty souvenir from Genting.

SnU:Are you still looking for Mothers En Vogue vouchers? I have got some. PM me your address and I will post to you.

Bee stroller: My friend swears by it and it is pretty easy to manouver. I think she paid $1.1 k or thereabouts at the first few years. Can consider a pre-loved one if a new one is too steep?

angel, i signe with PEM le..
paid $XXX for deposit
which company say its their share

$380 for herbs, agent say its the raw material cost

so balance $1xxx paid to CL at the end.

thats sets me thinking,
why CL wanna work for agency but gets $1K+
while those "secret" ones gets 2K and above...

those work for agency is becoz they have no contact in singapore. so they have no choice but to go with agency.
with agency they have to sign for 2 years, so they cannot take other jobs outside of agency. so they tolerate lower pay for 2 years.
then after that they can come out and work themselves when they have contacts.
when they are with agency, they are also not allowed to collect phone numbers from mummies, etc... but they will still do it so that after 2 years they can come out as "secret" nannies.

with agency like GPLS, they also get a confirmed $240 ang pow becoz it is in the onctract that the mummy will pay that amount OR MORE for red packet. so in the end, it is not so bad. the $1K+ in the end comes close to $2K. converted into malaysian money, it is A LOT - like 3 to 6 months pay for them if they worked in malaysia as confinement nanny. so even $1K+ is a lot for them and they don't mind.
while with agency, they can also get some training and later they can "brag" that they worked for this agency or that one. so if agency has good name, like GPLS, then they will get more job prospects.

hi ming,

thanks for the kind gesture.
owe your 26 cents.

hee
happy.gif

the only issue is we scared baby don't like strollers.
and since price never change, we not pressured to buy now, or b4 birth, or 1st mth.

you should bring yor baby to try the stroller. we put baby in maxi cosi for 5 months with quinny zapp but when she can sit up, have to change the maxi cosi to quinny's original seat which baby hates and she screams when put in stroller. so we tried other strollers at shop and she fell asleep in one so we got that one n she loves it until don't wanna get out of stroller everytime.

angel9: Your ordeal with this Ah Yong is really bad. I would have fire her straight away.

I didn't know my Aunty Mary is "famous". She wasn't the one that I hired initially too. The one i hired is quite good but she had a fall 2 mths before my EDD and her knee hurts. Once she finds out that our home is HDB marionette with stairs, she politely turn down the job and recommended her so-called "hao jie mei" to me. I even paid for their bus fare to & fro Malacca to come to sg to meet me. After the brief meeting, the 2 of them proceed to RWS straight away!

My initial CL came from Malacca, I pay for bus fare between SIN-MLC. But this Aunty Mary came from Larkin JB, I also pay the same. I also never "kay cau" just hope that this CL is good. In the end, still lousy.

When we ask her to leave, she even say "I long ago want to go already, never see a family like your family. Ask me to iron cloth diapers!"

Luckily she dun have the cheek to ask for more money other than the 8 days' pay. With the money saved, i got confinement catering and gave my mil a big ang pow for doing washing for me & baby. I still get savings. LOL...

Crazy auntie.

Re: Strollers
Yup, dun rush to buy before birth. We bought ours when bb is 3 mths old and it's important to let your baby try out the stroller.

Hi Mummies,
sorry to intrude.
Bought too many and selling now.

Desitin Diaper Rash Maximum Strength Original Paste 4 oz (PURPLE)

Exp - 11/2013

selling $7 exclud mail.
Please PM me. thanks
happy.gif

Namie:

yes, some people are very evil... you are good to them, they don't appreciate and still think you bully them! crazy indeed. i think becoz these people are evil so they think everyone else is evil, so they do evil things.

i cannot believe that there are nannies who exist who would be cruel to little babies until i met this nanny. i must be too innocent... now i see how evil some nannies can be, and that the stories by other mummies are true!

they are just money-faced and don't care about their jobs or the little baby they are supposed to be caring for. feel so sad for such people. they will get their payback and karma...

i only hope my little baby will grow up ok and that he will not be harmed in any way... so poor thing... i have another 14 month old to care for... if not, i will not hire confinement nanny...

i have one 14 month old and one 1 month old. haven't sent the nanny back becoz i want her to be responsible and complete her term as promised. i also need her to cook the foods... eventhough i have to tell her what to cook. basically she is a VERY EXPENSIVE maid who does not much...
i want to get maid but not enough time to apply... so keeping this nanny till the end of her agreed time...

angel9> i might be asking too much but I'm curious as I recall you wanted to recommend a CL previously?

oh do u mean yrs is nanny not a CL ah? are u a SAHM? is there someone else who can help you so that u can send this CL/nanny back? oh yr #2 is already 1mth old? are u employing this CL/nanny for more than 1month?

angel9: the age gap between your 2 babies are only 13 mths? That's very close. oooh... It must have been very xiong.

My fren's gap is 12 mths. She just gave birth last July and going to deliver #2 next month and her first born still can't walk. So taxing on her.

My baby age gap is 20 mths. Hopefully can cope. Though he can walk and is learning how to eat on his own, he still dun understand he has a Mei Mei on the way. He points at my round tummy and say "Ball"!

namie:

yes my babies are close together becoz they said breastfedding won't get pregnant. well, i got pregnant! and i was TOTAL breastfeeding with no water or supplements or anything!

my 14 month old can walk and run, but that is worse becoz you have to go and catch her and watch her all the time becoz she can climb, etc...

my baby just thot i was fat when i was pregnant. she wonder why i am making it so hard for her to breastfeed becoz she had to climb over my huge belly to breastfeed...

and when the new baby came, and she had to stop breastfeeding immediately and suddenly becoz the new baby need all the milk, she was so upset! i was so sad... my first born... stop breastfeeding... but now we are all good, so it's ok
happy.gif

raspy: I did the glucose test on the same day with the detail scan. Prior to this, I do not have any history. And I don't really take sweet stuffs, mayb 3 times a week? really don't understand why i failed the test...

mummywong10:

i have nanny to recommend and nanny to NOT recommend...

i am SAHM becoz i want to bring up my kids with my own hands and not pass to others... so if anything, it is my fault if my children are bad... i cannot blame others...

i also don't want HFM from the child care, don't want maid coz so troublesome to apply and we always travel and have to watch and train the maid all the time...

no in laws to help... so have to do myself...

i had a break during confinement becoz the nanny who was here had to go home and it took some time to find new nanny to replace her... so in the end it is more than 28 days...

this time the recovery is slower and more painful than the first baby. i think becoz i m so stressed, the baby is bigger, i had complications during delivery, etc... so i have to keep nanny to help with cooking at least...

angel9> ic..ok understand u got to keep the CL since u have no one to help. just feel that u are so unhappy to help your CL do all those chores which she's supposed to do, i think it's really nightmare to have this kind of CL. but engaging CL is really luck sometimes.

mummywong10:

sigh. what to do. yes it's all fate and luck. but i think i will observe and see what i can learn from this experience. i am sure there is something i can learn, that's why i have to go through this? surely God has eyes...

<font color="0000ff">reineluv</font> <font color="aa00aa">Ic.. Anyway gynae say bb size ok.. The head is abit bigger dan avg too.. So Think nothing to worry abt bah.. Yest I was toking to another coll of mine for the 1st time.. Her EDD in Nov.. She say cant even tell im preggy.. If duno ppl may mistaken me as just fat.. Faintz..
2 more wks to see me boy again.. Can’t wait…
So mine shd be ard 400+gm now base on the link mummywong provided..</font>

<font color="0000ff">Mini22:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Good to hear that..</font>

<font color="0000ff">raspy:</font> <font color="aa00aa">I just bought the Gaviscon liquid from guardian.. No more suffering to heartburn lao.. My clinic oso giving Gaviscon liquid for mummies with heartburn problems..</font>

<font color="0000ff">SnU:</font> <font color="aa00aa">I heard some CL fm agency oso come out do confinement themselves if they got recommendation wan.. They will give excuse like wan break or go holiday to their agency wan.. So dun think those fm agency no side line hor..</font>

<font color="aa00aa">My bb v active.. Basically I can feel him moving most of the time.. Move n somersault.. Dan stop to slp I think.. After tt that start all over again.. Anyone’s bb oso so active.. Now I scare bb come out lao oso like tt keep waking dan I will faintz..</font>

May: thank u.. My bb also moving actively..especially night time when I abt to slp..morning n afternoon nt much movement..

after the 2 scans I did..I found out that my bb like mi, like to lay flat,face down to slp..same as my hubby...shy shy..dun wanna show ppl her face..

angel9: It's a wonderful experience to be breastfeed all the way isn't it? I'm sure your #1 will need some time to adjust as she dun get her "neh neh". Glad that you are coping fine with 2 babies.

And your second baby is a godsend isn't it! Your are the first that i heard of to get preggie while full time bf-ing.

SAHM is wei da... Jia You!

I have to stop bf at 8 mths in order to regulate my cycle to plan for second baby. But it all payoff as 20-22 months apart is what we planned for.

Namie> same as you, i also stop bf at 8th mths to regulate my cycle to plan for #2, they would be exactly 2yo gap, i had initially wanted a 1.5yo gap. when i stopped bf, i really miss the bonding with my #1 but also a "relief" no more concern on expressing milk etc...

Hi Namie,

During Bfing still can get preggie. So if preggie during bfing then may have to stop as milk supply will get lower and bb needs more nutrient now.

mummywong10: Yea, I missed the bonding a lot. And that 30 mins or so, it's just us. No need to bring bottles and hot water flask out, diaper bag is a lot lighter. lol...

But expressing bf in office is irritating lah as I used to go 3 times x 30 mins each time.

The bonding experience will come back all over again with my #2.
happy.gif
Looking forward to that. Hope there won't be sore nipples and engorgement since it's the second time.

Any mummies out there can share with breastfeeding will be easier or equally difficult for subsequent borns as compared to firstborns?

Hi Namie,

Ya, expressing in office quite difficult. I dun dare to express as im afraid company not happy as we are using office hr to do personal thing tats y after maternity I stop bfing.

Some I heard they express before work and after working hr. Can?

yes getting pregnant while breast feeding is very rare. but it happens. i have a few friends who it happened to and i didn't believe until it happened to me... the obgyn (gynae) was not surprised, so he must see it happen a lot?

Lisa: I get engorgement by 2pm if I dun express in office. I do have frens who express before they leave home, express once during lunch time and latch when they get home, so not so bad.

angel9: most of my frens with small age gaps between babies (12-13 mths) did not even bf so they get their cycle back rather soon.

<font color="0000ff">Mini22:</font> <font color="aa00aa">BB shy to let u see.. But gd to hear that bb is healthy and active lo..
During my last scan which if the FA.. BB oso keep covering the face with both hands.. dun wana let me hv a gd look at his face.. lol.. Wah.. now kicking me hard.. Can feel the vibration on my tummy.. Cant imagine when he is bigger n no more space I will feel the pain lao..</font>

My boi boi is also only active during the night time around 10:30pm onwards... during the days.. it depends on my position while sitting.. if its too tight.. he will for sure let me know... otherwise he sleeps thru
happy.gif

Anyone keen in purchasing this together?

This is the latest Washable nursing pad available in the market..
It is antibacterial, Leak-proof and can evaporate moisture away.
You can check www.Drymama.com for more information.

They are currently having promotions till 30th June 2012..
7155268.gif

I had weird dreams almost everyday.
Do you ladies want to share about your sex life after being pregnant? Since after nausea period which lasted 12-13 weeks for me, love making was slowly getting back to action but recently as tummy shows, hubby show no 'interest' already but what he mentioned was afraid will hurt me. Think all these causes my weird dreams... Somehow I knew it's becos think too much.. Any mummies situation like that too? And also I realised I'm not as lubricated as before anymore, had been using lubricating gel to help all these while.

As for feutus movements, can feel for 2 hours almost non stop at night before sleep. If this is going to be the waking pattern after birth,I will faint too.
Other than this, can feel strong movement after food especially durian, ice cream or coke.

Hi Elizabeth, I copied this from their website..

Current promo at S$45.95 Buy 2 pairs free 1 pair
or 15% discount on price for 2 pairs only

They also have S$35.95 for 1 pair ( free 1 pair)
or 15% discount on price for 1 pair only

FREE local normal post

They have 2 versions... DryMama and DryMama PLUS.. DryMama Plus has more absorbent layers.. Those are not posted online yet.

With a revolutionary, patent-pending technology that is anti-bacterial, absorbent and wicks moisture away from the body, Dry Mama reusable nursing pads keep mamas dry and happy for hours. The fabric works to actively keep itself dry, wicking away moisture to a dry state within 30 minutes to two hours, depending on the heaviness of a woman’s milk flow and the humidity of the environment.

Both functional and flattering, Dry Mama’s unique curved shape is larger than conventional nursing pads, allowing them to contour to a mama’s body without shifting and bunching. Dry Mama pads fit invisibly, with no telltale lines. Mamas can wear Dry Mama reusable nursing pads with confidence, knowing they’ll be dry and happy for hours. Flirty colors are icing on the cake--who says nursing mamas can’t have fun? With Dry Mama reusable nursing pads, mamas everywhere have rediscovered a whole new way to stay dry.

For light to medium milk flow
Leak Proof Barrier to keep clothes dry
Antibacterial
Eco-Friendly
Contoured to stay-in-place
Does not show through shirt
Comes with washable mesh bag
Wicks away moisture
No Plastics
100% Silky Soft polyester
Nylon/Spandex Trimmings
MSRP: S$49.95

Hope this helps..
happy.gif

It actually dries itself up while you wear it.. But it is leak-proof so the moisture does not wet your clothes.

I can wear it the whole day comfortably. It absorbs and then dry itself by the next time I feed. which is like 2-3 hours later. I dry in about 1 hours from last feed.. Totally dry.

It is curved to my body so it does not move about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRvS6xD30fg

Will give you more info on how to wear.

hi mummies to be,

I have a few sample packets and half a tin of pregnancy powder (similac) to be given away

Coz i find it a waste to throw away these so

mummies who dun mind the balance milk powder pls PM me

thanks

<font color="0000ff">elizabeth:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Think my boy dun like all my sitting n slping position.. Cos I sit he will hv lots of movement.. Slp on either sides he will kick against the bed.. Haiz..</font>

<font color="0000ff">agaga:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Think guys will scare hurt mummy n bb tts y show no 'interest' even thou gynae say can cont to hv like normal.. Cos like tt they oso feel rather stress and can't enjoy lo.. Haha.. Dun think so much.. You are not alone..

I can feel stronger movement after durian and milk chocolate..</font>

<font color="0000ff">Liz:</font> <font color="aa00aa">I am keen.. Can use as normal breast padding too leh.. Cos I somex will wear nursing tops n the pad can be removed..
How are you gg to purchase together?</font>

May,... True.. good idea.. hehe Wear inside the nursing tank..

Maybe I can get a google form? Will try and post it after.. Have not done any before.. will try

Which one are you keen in?

Normal or plus?

My #1 has lots of movement and very painful.
Now this #2, hardly has any movement and even have, so gentle till hardly can feel.

Back