(2012/10) Oct 2012

Sksf:
when did you find out for your #1? hahaha My gynae said it's too early when I went for 12 weeks scan. I'm going back for 14 weeks, so wondering if I may have a chance there.

<font color="0000ff">BBKay:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Wear gloves and use paper.. LOL..
But I will ignore n use water!! haha..</font>

<font color="0000ff">Angie:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Ya.. Cant wait.. So excited to wanting to knw e gender.. Next wk gg see gynae n will be in my wk12.. Hope will hv a clearer view of beanie too..</font>

<font color="red">Angie</font>:
<font color="blue">Yeap! I hope too! :p
<font color="red">Reineluv</font>:ard 16th weeks, because boy they say will be able to see earlier as their bird~ hahaha... Maybe you can ask your gynae? hehe..</font>

BBkay: You still wash hands of course but with warm water if possible. But try not to do heavy washing like washing of pump parts, bottles etc. That's what husbands are for!
happy.gif

i knw starting frm #1..my MIL already wants grandson..she already told #1 dont make spoilt the walker..wait didi wants to sit also..

angie: hehe me too. hopefully can see the gender soon. u hoping for boy or girl? I still hoping for a girl this round so that she can wear back my #1 clothes. haha save alot!

Sksf - Hair thin is due to loss of protein, cause when we give birth, we give our baby everything liao. As for extreme hair loss, it could be due to hormones imbalance (a percentage of ladies will encounter this) but I think there's medication to fix it? I personally like to apply beer on my hair, hehehe!

May - Ya, dont eat too salty cause the legs will swell due to water retention &amp; they are very stubborn/hard to go off and walking would be painful too. On the other hand, sugar also dont take too much ok?

SharonK - You got additional one pimple, I got an ARMY siah! I buay tahan, sometimes I just squeeze them out, then apply toner. I realised my face is oiler than before so I dare not use my moisturisor too.

Angie - Seemed like you had it easy for #1 loh. For me, I am just sooooooooooo out of this world tired. I'm a week away from week 12 but as it is, people can identify my bump already, haha! Also, I met into a nice cab driver - he asked me if I'm expecting #1 because I look so tired and worn out. Geez!

As for green papayas, if the fruit itself is readily available, then I think just look for those not ripe? I'm not sure, but I do have plans to start sourcing the ingredients earlier so I can tell HB where to buy too. I'll send you the recipe soon! Ya, and I agree, long hair can tie and keep it away but for short, I also feel it's always in the way.

<font color="ff0000">can someone teach me how to set the settings to allow PM please?</font>

May - Ya, likewise our Cocker Spaniel, he can be pretty rough when at play - like a bulldozer. Way before Cesar Millan is so popular, I had been a firm believer of his works, its like magic loh. I admitted I have slagged thru the years, but recently I wanted them to 'protect' me instead of tramping all over me. So when he comes close to tummy - I claimed my space. They seemed to have know after practicing for 4 weeks? You have to do this yourself, otherwise even if they listen to your HB but when your HB not around then difficult to tame them.

If you still bring them for walk, it's also a good time to practice them to learn to accept your pregnancy. I'm still working on it, baby steps, cause I had always been super active with them (so a sudden change/cut in walks, the dogs are confused too) and also, once we get the stroller (before I am due) I also wanna go with HB to train them how to walk properly with the stroller...

reineluv:
normally I think we can see quite clearly on the detailed scan on week 19/20.
The regular scans at the gynae may not show the gender clearly unless yr baby is facing the right directions with no legs or hands covering....hehe. Initially, my gynae tot that my girl was a boy until after a few scans....

Before the scan, I spoke to my baby and told her to turn around so that we can tell if you are a girl or boy. Then we can plan and buy clothes for you...interestingly, the bay will respond accordingly
happy.gif

Doing my Oscar test next week, hope can see the gender during the scan. If not got to wait 1 more week then see gynae.

My #1 confinement, I washed my hands with warm water after toilet visit.
My husband helped me to wash the pump till he is so expert in fixing up for me. Hee!

sharonK:
I am also hoping for another girl for the same reason and also I think it would be good for 2 sisters to grow together.
My sister in law from malaysia saw my girl's hairline on skype and she said my 2nd will be a boy....dun know how true...hehe
happy.gif

ccharis:
i think my PM thingy is also locked......not sure how to unlock it too. wonder if it is safe just to exchange emails on this thread????

ccharis: i got one pimple each day leh. Like you, im so lazy to do my skin routine as well but bo bian have to have if not more cui ar my face.

Angie: yeah.. my col also think mine is a boy this time. but still still still still hoping for another girl. hehe..
happy.gif
and i hope my #2 will be more easier to look after than my #1. #1 too active and stubborn at times.

sharonk:
my girl is now abt 29 mths old and she can also be headstrong and definitely active. She was an easy baby but a mischievous toddler. She is vocal and expresses her thoughts and wants to us. but i am blessed that she stopped night feed at 3mths.

Angie
My girl also had menses discharge during her first few days. I was so worried. Checked with PD. He told me it's a good sign. Means baby's reproductive system next time will be healthy. :p

CCharis
I pumped and latched. Managed to exclusive bfed my no 2, 3 and 4 up to 6mths when they started to take solids. Stopped bfeeding totally when they were around 8-10 mths. But i am one who is guilty of supplementing with fm for the first 2 weeks until the full flow come in. I worry abt baby not drinking enuff, so supplement for nite feeds so that baby can sleep better. In the meantime, pump like siao every 2.5 hrly during the day from 630am to 1130pm. Then wake up once ard 3am at nite to pump again.

<font color="0000ff">Ccharis:</font> <font color="aa00aa">I oso got watch Cesar Millan's dog whisperer.. We did train him abit only.. Cos most of the time he too excited when comes to walk.. And walks we only bring him out once a wk.. So normally he will stare at my hubby when Sun is here.. Fm the moment he wakes up till they go for walk.. I dun bring him for walk.. So if my hubby is not ard.. He will not give me the sad face.. Actually he step over me is to get over to me.. Cos I blocked his way when I lie on the sofa.. After reaching e open space at my arms.. He will lie thr n I will hug him like a baby.. And he will slp thr while I rest or watch tv.. Just tt I scare he will go tt to bb when getting to me.. </font>

<font color="RED">May</font>:
<font color="blue">My mom's place silky terrier very active de, always bark. Hop &amp; jump very high when excited. So whenever we goes home etc he'll hop onto my #1. Lol. When my niece is born she'll get jealous of my niece cause all attention is switched over to her when it's supposed to be my dog's. Hahahaha.. But still my dog still tkcr of my niece, whenever my niece whines etc my dog will bark &amp; go kitchen to alert my mom. When my #1 is out, my silky terrier does the exact same thing. Sometimes when my niece or my #1 cries got tears the dog will go over &amp; lick their cheeks &amp; walk around them to protect them.. But my cheeky &amp; naughty niece &amp; #1 always kick my dog which we always reprimmand them for doing that as our dog really dotes on the kids alot we can see.. haha..</font>

Good Afternoon Mummies, I just came back from lunch and are soooo sleepy that I am sipping green tea now.

Read the discussion on breast feeding and would like survey which breast pump is recommended. My current offfie do not have a nursing room so most likely have to pump in toilet so thinking of Medela Freestyle, Pump in Style or Ameda Lactline? Any comments?

<font color="aa00aa">I just heard fm a frend tt after AMK Hub, another incident of china national attempting to abduct children at North Point!! Dear all please be extra vigilant!</font>

<font color="0000ff">Meredith:</font> <font color="aa00aa">My office oso no nursing room.. Can't do in the toilet as v small.. If I nurse in thr for an hr.. No ppl can use lao.. Most pro I will hv to find a meeting rm or empty rm to nurse..</font>

I thinkt to be able to accept PM, you need to go to "Profile", "Preference" and unchecked "Do not send me "Private Message" e-mails from other board users"

<font color="red">Meredith</font>:
<font color="blue">Hi babe, i'm using Pump In Style for my #1, very good! Can adjust the pumping speed &amp; strength somemore. When i first bought it, very expensive .. 800+ now the price went down alot! Actually can pre-order if i'm not wrong there's a thread in the forum pre-ordering for Medela's bp. Actually if you're intending to bf long right, can invest in Medela's breastpump, very good.. Got portable battery de or switch plug de. hehe. Very suitable for on-the-go mommies. I bf for 1 year &amp; the machine still functiong now even after going to 1year of not using .. hehe..Intending to get a same but new one if my previous bp suaysuay(hopefully not) unable to function when i'm gonna give birth. hah.</font>

May,
My office is open concept so even meeting rooms are "fish tank" as in all the walls are made of glass so pumping in office is out of question.. heehee

I used Ameda Lactline for #1, thinking of trying Medela freestyle or PIS for #2 coz my Ameda have rather short battery span and toilet don't have power outlet. So depressing to think that my bb's milk will be express from toilet. Yucks!

<font color="red">Meredith</font>:
<font color="blue">Just saw your reply to May.. If you're looking for battery operated then medela's the right choice.. Hehe, my battery operated can use up to few days~ :ptho need 12battery lah ~</font>

Sksf,
Is the parts of PIS easy to wash? I am expressing exclusively so will be relying a lot on pumps. Also, I know PIS comes with a backpack. If I need to express in toilet, do you foreseen a prob as toilet have no table-top to put the backpack.

<font color="0000ff">Meredith:</font> <font color="aa00aa">My HQ was open concept too.. Meeting rms are in glass too.. Now hv some rms which are enclose cos I moved to another plant last yr..
But heard my plant is hving some reno later this yr.. So cross my finger tt they will not chg the rms to the glass type.. Dan I will hv problem lao..</font>

<font color="0000ff">Meredith:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Chatting in this forum do helps in keeping me awake for the past few wks.. But seems like not working for me today.. Still feeling v slpy.. Maybe threat quite quiet these 2 days too..</font>

May,
My alternative is to buy a nursing shawl and pump at my workstation... but scared half-way people come and see me.. Will be quite awkward.

hello mummies... m also feeling very sleepy.
my hubby meet me for lunch just now.. n i had a quick lunch n took a nap of 30mins.. but still not shiok enough leh.. yawnzz

Mindy,
You so lucky.. still can nap for 30 mins
happy.gif

Was just surfing the forum and read a thread on 1-bedded at TMC. Seems like cash component is about 4k. Sounds like alot of $. Don't remember coming out with so much cash when I deliver my #1 at Mt A, 1-bedded as well.

<font color="0000ff">Meredith:</font> <font color="aa00aa">I can't do tt.. Cos my workstation is in partition.. And most of the colleagues ard me are guys.. Will be super awkward.. And e one sitting beside and behind me are unmarried guys.. Can't pump at my station..</font>

<font color="0000ff">Mindy:</font> <font color="aa00aa">At least u get 30min slp.. Now I wan 5min oso dun cant.. haha.. Eyes closing lao..</font>

<font color="0000ff">Meredith:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Ya.. Heard tt so far Mt A is cheaper.. Tts y I wana go thr.. And also think they increase the price too as this yr is a dragon yr..</font>

<font color="0077aa">Sksf</font>
16 weeks! Have to wait a while more!

Btw, what's the difference between Medele Free style and pump in style? They have so many models. Which one is easier to bring around?

<font color="0077aa">Angie</font>
Yeah, I read a book that say talking to the baby helps. In fact, every night I speak to the baby, and read to the baby. Hopefully it helps us to bond with the baby earlier.

reineluv:

i think my pump is a medela mini pump...in which can use the power cable or batteries. I chose that becoz it is portable. it is small and is a single pump.

Talking to baby does help with bonding coz they will be easily soothe by the sound of your voice when they are infants. When my girl was in her first month, she will cry every evening between 7-9pm....not sure if colic was the reason but she can only be pacified when i carry her.

Meredith:
I also delivered my #1 at Mt A. I find the service good and the nurses are very professional.

ladies, where u all buy leggings from arh since we are preg now?

u all wearing those normal leggings?

anyone eating multivits, calcium currently at week 8 plus?

Joanna,
Only need to take calcium, multivits after 1st trimester.

Angie,
I like Mt A too but my gynae only delivers in TMC now. She used to deliver in Mt A too.

<font color="0000ff">Meredith:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Noticed that got quite a no. of gynae used to be able to delivery in Mt A are no longer delivering thr le.. Dun wat happen..</font>

<font color="0077aa">BBkay</font>
I think 1st time mums like me, more KS. My friend said, once you have your #2, it's different le.
happy.gif

<font color="0077aa">Angie</font>
I'm looking more at double pump, cos can pump both at the same time. I'm thinking of buying the breast pumps only after I give birth, not sure if it will be too risky. But what if I don't have enough milk??

<font color="0077aa">Joanna</font>
I can't wear normal leggings, the thin banding makes my tummy really uncomfy. I'm also looking for maternity leggings with a wider piece of band that covers the whole tummy. So far, can't find anything yet.

Btw, my gynae only start me on multivits, fishoil and calcium from the 12 weeks.

<font color="red">Meredith</font>:<font color="blue">I find it okay to wash though, hehe... Actually PISA have many types, i'm looking at the shoulder bag type one cause it looked nicer :p As for backbag one if you're getting, pump in toilet you can actually place in on your lap for support. &amp; they have a compartment in the bag to hold the bottles while you pump. So quite friendly actually..
&amp; saw your suggestion of getting a nursing shawl &amp; express it at your work station.. When i previously working in beauty line, i express it in one of the facial rooms ah.. the machine sound kinda loud can be heard :x the customer from other room actually asked my colleagues "What sound is that? A new machine?" Hahaha, &amp; my colleague of course know i'm expressing so she said"yaya, it's a new machine" haha.. very funny!

<font color="red">reineluv</font>: You wants a boy? haha.. Sorry babe, actually i'm not very sure bout the differences between freestyle &amp; PISA. Cause my sil who bf my niece up to 2yo actually recommended me PISA that time so i just bought it. But for me i love PISA cause we can adjust the suction type &amp; the strength plus it's double pump.. When started breastfeeding, every single drip of milk is very precious to us. &amp; esp when our milk supply is on high demand for our newborns. I express both sides together so that more milk will be able to be expressed out &amp; equally.. If express one side definitely the other side of the breast will start to leak milk too, so it's like so wasted, I did tried expressing one side &amp; my other side leak milk i'm so heartpain like i wasted my milk!! So easily, i expressed both sides tgt + expressing both sides together can actually save alot of time.. Might felt sore, but it's good. Plus the adjusting of the speed &amp; strength .. the suction is good though not as strong as baby lactation .. But it'll still be able to stimulate our milk circulation &amp; supply using the PISA. This's the good point, cause i can adjust my speed to slow to fast &amp; from strength light to strong .. Purpose is to let our sensitive nipple slowly adapt to the frequent expressing. To warm up :x</font>

reineluv: lol.. me also leh.. anyone knows where to find arh? i wan leggings badly.. hubby keep complaining those normal leggings is not for pregnancy.. and keep nagging and nagging now i got nthing much to wear to work.. argh...

May: i duno about TMC.. but mount A super kua zhang one earli in the morning carpark is full? all nid to go valet parking.. TMC i heard need to give valet parking fees and cash card fees issit true?

reineluv:
i think some hospitals do rent pumps if u dun have....pls check on yr side.

For tights, u can try to have a look at mothercare. Bought my maternity pants from this lady who advertises online and she stays at AMK. I will try to look in my super old correspondences if u want...

Joanna: I am taking 2 calcium tablets, 1 fish oil and 1 iron starting week 12...

Hello Mommies, long time no see you... been busy in office and home, and had a lot of bad nausea this few days. Any mommy getting better after entering week 12?
Mine is not.. now like every day can throw up in the morning/ night, if not throw up, my throat will feel very heavy..

Back