(2012/10) Oct 2012

Keiko: thanks babe..wah.. u already pre-plan until end march? how u know when to do oscar assessment? omg i think i need to start reading more le..

hmm means i make my appt too early le.. so if my 1st scan is 29 feb. I should go for my second scan at 19 march that week???

Bec i scare if go too early then cannot see anithing waste money again.. is not cheap =( i heard the consultation for 1st is $120 and scan is $80?

so expensive

Meredith: what a great mummy =) do enjoy yr trip hehee..

yanyan : your week 5 is this week? or next wed when u go see gynae?

Hi, am back. Sorry, disappeared for a while cos of MS and a toddler who has turned into super glue.
Facebook secret group - pls pm your Facebook email, pls ensure that you are searchable on Facebook, else activate your pm so that I can contact you. My initial on FB is SC, so pls accept friend request.

Joanna.. I calculate online.. Based on 1st day of my last period..now shld b week 5 le ba.. & i use clearblue test kit.. It say it is 2-3 wks of conception so shld b 4-5 wks.. I next wed then go see gynae..

Hi taurus76.. are u also from nov 2009 mtb? Ur nick looks familiar..hehe.. My gynae is female gynae & her package is $600 from 16wks onwards.. But this price is 3 yrs ago when i preggie w my nbr 1.. Not sure got increase price or not...

Today started out terribly. Ms started and I saw spotting too! Got me all freaked out. Is it normal? In the end I decided to take rest of day off to rest. Hope everything is OK.

yan.. nope.. 2006 thread.. my girl already 6..
happy.gif
ur gynae package is really cheap .. even now i dont think it can go too high.. my prev gynae was a male n i was already paying $850 6 yrs bck!

sing ling.. its normal to have some spotting during 1st tri..rest n rest is impt.. n c ur gynae to play safe.. dont freak urself out..

Sing ling: Best to see gynae to play safe. Gynae may prescribe progesterone and bed rest if necessary.

Meredith: Enjoy your trip! We are off to Sydney with our #1 at the end of March. Booked the trip last year without knowing that we will be pregnant. It is going to be tough travelling with a toddler all on our own but also looking forward to spending some time together before the baby comes along.

Gynae package: I seem to recall reading somewhere that Dr Adrian Woodworth has one of the cheapest packages around but I am not sure if that is really true.

sing ling , since u have spotting, its best to contact ur gynae asap. Ming8110 is right. Ur gynae will likely give u progesterone & bed rest.

Meredith, go ahead and enjoy ur HK trip. I actually just came back from mine 2 wks ago
happy.gif
Got the go-ahead from my gynae to go. My trip was also planned back in dec before we conceive so didnt wan to cancel it as well. My boy enjoy so much at disneyland. Go for it!

ccharis how abt Plumjuice? so far Allswell Plum juice works for me
happy.gif

Wow, busy with work so haven't had time to come in and this thread is going strong.

Yanyan - I'm from Nov 09 thread but not an active member but I was at the 1st birthday bash. Time flies.

Novembaby - I shall pm you my fb account. Thanks!

Meredith, I was actually travelling in Rome whilst I was 4 weeks pregnant, and I didn't know! Just take note of where the nearest doctor/hospital are in case you need to quickly consult a doctor during your holidays. Having said that, it's best to travel only during second trimester.

This thread is going strong.

Yanyan - I'm also from Nov 2009 MTB thread but not an active member. I was at the first birthday bash though. Time flies! Anyone else from that thread?

Novembaby - I've pmed you to be added to Facebook. Thanks!

It's so comforting to know that there is a lot of mummies who travel during their first trimester
happy.gif
My trip was planned in Dec and I only know that I am pregnant on Mon and I fly this Sun..

I didn't realise that gynae is so exp these days... When I have my 1st child, my first consultation only costs $110. now it's $180.. Whoa!

Hi Novembaby..
add me add me : [email protected]

are we suppose not to travel in first semester?
haha i just came back from KL for a big event.
and everyone was squeezing like sardine to get in the event hall.. in the evening party time i still had 3-4 cans of beer in a night.. continue with party for 3 nights! hahaha

come back then realised that m pregnant!
my hubby say bb next time will be a good drinker liao.

anyone experience discharge of fluid?
i have lots of discharge of fluid these few days..
not blood or those sticky discharge..
but guess is just fluid. Anyone experience such things before?

this pregnancy morning sickness is worst than my first one.. i can practically drive n vomit at the same time! was feeling so sleepy and tired and nausea that i started vomiting while driving slowly on PIE!

i cannot concentrate at work too..
feeling so blank.. i was spending the whole day calculating my expenses and etc..

thinking of proposing to my hubby that i want to be a FULL TIME MOM! super tired to work n take care of my 2yrs old son too.

Hi mindy,

Ya.. I also hv a lot of discharge..depending time of day.. Some can b yellow sticky.. While some are very liquid.. I hv to wear pantyliner & change it lor..

Can add me on fb too? Email [email protected]

wow! so many posts in a day!

Today is the last day of my 3 days MC. The thought of going back to work tomorrow really put me off and my MS really getting from bad to worse
sad.gif

But ginger tea does help a little for me... I burped after drinking and it helps to get rid of some of the air in the tummy.

Talking about travelling, I am scheduled for a business trip in Mar and think I must still go since everything is all planned out. My gynae has given me some anti vomitting medicine and hopefully can help on the flight.

Yanyan,
I am also hungry most of the time but can't eat when the food is in front of me...the feeling is so terrible
sad.gif
I lost like 2kg!I don't remember losing any weight for my first two preganancies lor..

Njoy.. Tat's bad.. Are u on some medication? My last pregnancy, my gynae gave me some pills to stable the preg.. & the pills gave me very bad ms... But wat i realised is after some time..the ms will also stabilised.. As in vomit once a day.. Is like ur body getting used to the hormones..

I visiting her next wed.. & if she gave me same pills.. Good luck to me.. Coz now i do feel nausea esp after certain food & brushing my teeth but not to extend to vomit..hope my bb is doing good inside so no need for those pills...

ccharis, lavender1979, mindy, ariadne - You guys are unsearchable on facebook. Please activate your pm, or change your facebook setting. Thanks.

Hi again,
I should be turning 6weeks coming thurs-sunday.
But ever since i tested that i'm positive had been having yellowish discharge, is that normal? Was actually quite worried as i just had a M/C last dec. Any one experienced this too?

Hi stephanie..

Found this when i google:
Yellow Discharge During Early Pregnancy

When a woman is pregnant, her body undergoes many alterations, due to the changing hormonal levels. During pregnancy increased blood circulation in the vaginal area and changing hormones cause a discharge called leukorrhea. This watery discharge during pregnancy is made up of secretions from the vagina and cervix, old vaginal cells and normal bacterial flora that are found in the walls of the vagina. This discharge is normally odorless and transparent during the first trimester of the pregnancy. But as the days advance, you may experience light yellow discharge during pregnancy, which is quite harmless. As you approach labor, this discharge may increase. In the very early stages of pregnancy, cervical secretions fill the cervical canal creating a protective barrier called mucus plug.

If u r worried, best is to go see ur gynae...

Thanks so much Yanyan, definitely help in assuring me . Was so paranoid ever since i'm preganant =.="

& when did your MS start?

Keiko: oh no wonder.. but tat's very fast!!!

ahhh can add me on facebook too? can tell me the group name so that i can search? or can pm me secretly?

btw.. anyone experiencing cramps? and the cramps is super super pain?

Meredith: which gynae u go to? why so exp $180? or is this the normal price?

Hi stephanie..

Is abt last wk i started feeling nausea when brushing teeth..other than that i quite ok with food..

& abt 2 wks ago.. Started the tiredness & on-off giddiness..

That's all lo..

Hello :) so many posts today, only managed to read now.

My ms has not stablised since 2 weeks it started, I think I got used to the routine of vomiting at night (conf 1-2 times after progestrgrone pill) and bad days in the day 2x when I ate wrong thing. Last fri I checked with gynae who advised thar MS occurrs due to any of these 5 situations:
- too full
- hungry
- tired
- motion sickness
- greasy oily food

Next wed going for my doc appt first time together with Hubby! Praying everything is fine with our Precious!

Thank you sharon, keiko, ccharis for ur comments (in d archive liao cos our thread moves so fast) - It makes me less 'weird' hehe

Hi Btil,

I am like you. I am now in my 9th week and MS is getting worst by the day. Morning will start out fine. By lunch time tummy will be a bit queasy. If eat wrong thing, confirm throw up 1-2 times. By 4pm, it all goes downhill. Eat and drink what, what will come back up. Had thrown up twice tonight without even having dinner yet.... now, wait and see if dinner will come back up...

Sent hubby to go get me soya bean milk to fill my stomach since I hate milk and cannot take milo.

Hi Ariadne - on d positive side, our active MS signals assure us dat Bb is growing , right ? Today is my week 8 day 0. If my ms signals go away suddenly, I most probably will panic :)

precious - Take it easy & go for your 1st visit then your gynae will explain & plan the appt for you too. I knew zilch when I walked into the consultation room, in fact, when asked, I didn't even know when I conceived, or recalled last menses date, hahah! I also received alot of reading material frm my gynae. To put you further at ease, FYI, I went last Fri @ 7wks (I thought I was in the 5th week) then gynae just arranged my next appt 6 weeks later which means my peanut @ 13weeks. Also planned for me to have OSCAR before my gynae visit, not sure if the results are on the spot or have to wait for lab but anyway also never ask, just let go and let god & trust He'll provide me a good gynae. Right now the most important thing is to feed yourself well & prep your body into supply mode.

Taurus - Btw mind if I ask, you getting so early? You're using after the delivery right (just to make sure we're on same wave length) cause the belly belt I saw was 150+

Novembaby - May I add you instead? Cause my FB is not searchable, you PM me your email?

Lil'K's - Ok! Tomorrow I go grab, cause dunno what brand yet so haven't buy. Hehehe... I'll let you know after I tried.

Meredith - Have some hospital/gynae contacts just in case they come in handy. Meanwhile, relax & enjoy your trip! I actually planned a trip to KR in April, although haven't book (but still wanna go badly - otherwise I got no chance to enjoy couple hood soon!) so waiting for my next appt to seek clearance from gynae. Don't worry you'll be fine...

Yanyan - Me! Even after I eat a proper meal, less than 2 hours my stomach rumbling as if I have not eaten for days! Keep some snack bars in your handbag (as have experience fainting spells) Looking at my body changes, I quite demoralized liao (cause I think these aren't going to my peanut but stucked on my body) and also, my face seemed to be so oily these days.

YoungMommy - Yes, I'm experiencing heavier discharge. My pee is so yellowish too, despite drinking lotsa water, boo...

Ariadne - I fully agree w Btil! I know so hard to pleased but if MS is a sign of soaring hormones to prepare for the pregnancy then I also wish I still have my MS too, it seemed to tamed down for the past few days already...

*grinds teeth*

ccharis: thank u babe =)but i m going for 2nd scan isit too early on 13 march? because i just did the scan yesterday? can i ask other than foli acid what u all taking? bec this is the only thing i am taking that was given by the gynae when i go for a scan to a nearby clinic.

i just book my appointment with DR HO @ MT alvernia.
Anyone using him?

Btw any useful links that u girls to share on more read up?

Novembaby: okay i have pm u =) thanks in advance

precious - Hmm, 13th March is requested by you or allocated by the gynae? If it's the latter, then just go loh. I presumed 8 weeks you not only can see, but also can hear the heartbeat, so it should be an overwhelming experience for you. In fact, when I called in to arranged for my 1st visit, I did emphasized that I was +/- 5wks (based on bloodtest results from my GP) and this is because my BFF told me early also cannot see anything so it can be disappointing to some. Hence, the clinic arranged my 1st visit on the 7th week (which was last Fri) and I guess maybe because ultrasound show I'm at the tail end of 7th, almost 8wks - I was also able to hear peanut's heartbeat.

As for supplements, my GP prescribed me Folic & Calcium to tahan until I see my gynae. I also continued to take my daily dose of Vit C & Vit E (but stopped Evening Primrose cause there are debates it may not be good for developing babies, but not scientifically proven yet). Anyway to cut a long story short, after my 1st visit, right now daily I am consuming Prenatal Multi-Vits, my gynae also reduced my dosage of Vit C (from 1000mg to 500mg) and I'm to continue on my GP's Folic + Calcium. I did make it a point to discuss this with my gynae lah.

Moving forward, from the 2nd trimester she would start me on Iron & Fish Oil too, for best effect because actually right now what we are consuming (both food, supps) are actually mainly if not all for our own consumption only. Hehehe...

Lastly. Apart from Babycenter, I'll recommend Mother & Baby magazine, I just bought my 1st issue today - ok, my BFF ask me buy de lah.

Hi All,

Good to see the thread moving so quickly.
I found "What to expect when expecting" a very good book to read - and frankly the only one you need to read throughout the pregnancy. 1st time mums thinking of signing up for pre-natal classes, this is probably a good time to start looking for a class. Some classes like those by Mrs Wong Boi Boi (from TMC) are notoriously popular. Hope this helps
happy.gif

ccharis: hahaha thank u.. 13 march is actually given by the gyane which i visited in a nearby clinic. but i plan to go see DR HO @ Mt alvernia so perhaps like what u say i shall wait till the 8 week then consult him if not go le also cannot see anithing waste $$

ahh thanks babe.. so i think i will not take anymore thing other than the folic acid =)

Shall go and get my 1st issue tml too =)

Joanna: I went to Dr Goh Y C at Thomson Plaza. I think his price is not high nor low.

Novembaby: My fb email is [email protected]. Pls add me to the secret group. Thks.

I very dilemma.. On one hand, wish to have MS so dat I know my bb is well. On the other, dun wan to haf MS to spoil my trip to HK... Confusing mummy right.. Haha

hi mummies
I went for my scan just now, am 5wks++ only. Sac visibly seen via scan. But heartbeat not yet, my next gynae visit is in 3wks at week8. Thus far, I've no MS, no hunger pangs, no weight gain, nothing, in fact don't feel pregnant at all - but gynae says it's ok bah... perhaps I will feel pregnant in the next couple of weeks..

Back