(2012/08) Aug 2012

Hi clim,

When I delivered my #1, I admitted at 8am as I had show. Contractions still mild n not regular thus on 2 bags of drip... V slow dilation too... Till 1.30pm my gynae burst my waterbag.. Within Half hour, start to feel the contractions coming in... Frm 3.5cm dilate at that time to 10cm at 1.30-3.30pm... I didn't opt for epidural nor pethidine.. Used only laughing gas... Estimated wt at birth is about 2.7kg so I think ok for me... When he was out he was weighing 3kg. I took 10mins+ to push...

Now my #2 est weight alr 3kg when at wk 36+ leh... So I feel scared... These days I'm having more cramps but i guess all are Braxton hicks.. Either tml or sat I will go for my check up.. But still thinking should I consider induce to just wait.. This wkend will be wk 37+ lor... I delivered my #1 at almost wk 40 only.. N was partial induced too..

Movenpick, you now expecting #2 which is due almost same timing as me lor... Ur #1 is 2+ mine turning 3 nx month.. He's super cranky n whiny n really v v v tough to manage. I stay alone w my Hb n kid.. Nobody to help me. My mom has to handle my 1yr old & 1mth old nieces, pr sch age niece n her own house.. More than enuf fr Her to cope.. So I try to handle myself.. Lately I really can't cope.. V stress! Cant wait to deliver in fact since she's alr of gd weight. My #1 will only attend sch nx Jan. He didn't attend any cos e PCF I wanna put him in initially was being delayed fr a yr! N just nice I pregnant so really tough to settle him in a further away frm hm cc... Plus I had v bad ms frm wk 4-20. V tough! Pregnant la handle v active toddler la handle housework.. Must cook n feed n wash him.. Really tires me out daily.. I had no choice too since we from single income family for few yrs le.. Hv to endure n scrimp n save lor..

If u can rest u must rest.. Toddlers v v active n hard to manage w newborn.. He's at cc so not tt bad as mine.. I cannot manage at all now.. But Hv to one day one day endure... I also pity my #1.. used to have so much fun w me 24/7 but bcos since I pregnant n then v bad ms n ltr on feeling v tired.. Frm then till now he's like so bored so lonely so frustrated
sad.gif
heart so pain see him keep getting scolded by me or Hb when he gets so cranky n we no patience anymore cos we r so tired.. Haiz..

Yours at sch will b handled mch better than if he's at home lor.. Teachers will also find him behaving differently when u due soon.. Stress for me as I really v tired n no energy these few weeks.. Where will u deliver?

princessxiaomei,

Do you happen to stay in sengkang, cos there's a PCF CC nearby which also delayed opening for a year? I also didn't have much rest, cos after settling him, did my own things and finally go to bed past midnite daily. This week, he wake up at 6.30-7am. However past few weeks, he'll wake up and refuse to sleep from 2-5am or btw 3-6am, and I have to take care of him and still hv to work the next day.

I can only rest when I took leave or MC and he went to CC. If he's sick at home, also no rest for me cos he seldom nap. I also felt very tired and no energy, dun kn how to cope with 2 kids plus bfg for next few mths. Will see how it goes and take things one at a time. No point worrying too much.

I'm seeing Dr Adrian Woodworth at Sengkang tmr for my checkup. He's against me delivering at Mt A, my preference, so no choice have to deliver at TMC according to his wish. What about you?

Movenpick, don't tell me u stay CVV
happy.gif
I'm staying at SK! quite pissed off la w tt management la cos delay a year leh! Told me this yr march will start.. So I thot my #1 will be 2.5 yr old by then I can enrol.. Who knows until now also haven even start building... Still digging the soil around the area! Grrr... Now they said most likely will start next yr march! So I have to wait till then... Meanwhile nx Jan Feb Hv to be temporary at PCF kindergarten first! Hope he will cope well in sch so when change to PCF cc he won't tk long to adapt... Else I really head big!

I also dnw how am I gg to cope w him plus a nb plus bf... Stress! Now alr v v stress! Cannot tahan! Whole of today feel a lot of cramps, not regular I feel.. And as I walk up n down my house I feel stabbing sharp pains for secs... Can sense she's like v low now... Feeling v hard to sleep for past few weeks... Sit sleep also difficult. My #1 routine these days again go haywire. He must wait for my Hb to zzz then he willing to zzz! Nap time he slept 1-3+ but night time he can dong until 12-2am cos my Hb slept so late! Haiz! Say him so many times to make him zz pretend to zz first then do his stuff but he stubborn. End up I suffer lor.. Nx day cranky n then night time sleep late end up after I toss n turn for hours alr 3-5am! Wake up 7-8+am... Totally shag! My whole eye like Kenna box Liao!

My gynae clinic in the east.. N only deliver at PWE so I'll deliver there
happy.gif
tml shall visit him instead of sat as I'm feeling so much cramp today plus e pricking pain.. Hope my #2 pop this wkend! Really scared n cannot wait.. Why he don't like u to deliver at Mt A???

juz joined the Aug FB grp...realised almost all mummies hv delivered.
happy.gif

today is my 40 wks 1 day checkup. Nw doing ctg...after tt dunno wat will happen..i'm so nervous! Had 3 hrs of slp only...very tired....

Hi Mommies,

I am also waiting for my turn. Schedule c-section at 8am Tuesday. Praying hard that everything will turn out fine. I donno want else to do or prepare other than to spend time stocking up groceries and play with #1. hubby is super excited to see bb...I feeling sian to start confinement soon.

Gynae want me to do c-sect today..but I'm nt well prepared. So I ask for tmr mrng instead. Today can settle #1 homework n do some cleaning. Very very nervous....ha... I cant imagine being cut on my bdae! Haha! But it'll be the best bdae present...
happy.gif
)

All the best Sri and Anama~

I Came home just 2 days ago. But started to have really painful piles due to constipation during my hospital stay. It's so tormenting that I can't sleep well at nite till can't take it anymore and went to see my family doc.

Any mommies has same problem esp after giving birth? And any good remedy for that? I had this aft my no1 also but it came only aft my confinement.

No.1
Cranky as usual when it comes to sch. But when he get there he's alright. Teachers r co operative and understanding as they help along with my boy in class encourages him to play with his friends as distractions. So far, still within control.

My boy has more or less accepted that he has a little bro now. Initially he din really dare to touch baby. We need to pull hand to caress baby's head. But good thing is gradually he took the initiative to ask us for help coz he wants to touch baby's head.
happy.gif
and now we asked for him to help warn us whenever baby cry and also when I pump milk he'll help to hold. I allowed him so he feels involved. And he'll somehow listen out for baby's cry and run to see him first / come to us directly to tell us say didi cry. Really appreciative of my no.1 and constantly giving him tight squeezes, regular pecks on the head and reminding him that we love him so much. It works.. Mommies pls try this!

Feeling much contentment and enjoying every moment of my one. Thank God, for the blessings.

Sri leo:
Sure it will b ur best bday gift!!
happy.gif

Little coco:
I suffered very bad piles pain after previous delivery.. It was so bad that i couldn't move ard much throughout my confinement. This time round i got phobia so i asked my gynae to prescribe me the medication and ointment right after my delivery so that i can start applying right away. I am home from hospital 2 days already and so far so good... Just experienced slight discomfort this time round... Hopefully it stays that way...

Hi Leo - I am 38 weeks today. God bless for yr c-section tom!

Little Coco- thanks so much for sharing, I feel more assured tt my #1 will adjust well too if I involve her.

Princessxiaomei,

How did your checkup go? What's the weight of your bb now? I went for checkup today and bb was 3kg at 37wk+. I was quite surprised that bb gained so much cos 2 weeks back, he was only 2.4kg.

For my first boy, he was induced at wk 37+ cos of low amniotic fluid. Est wgt was 2.7kg but actual wgt was lesser at 2.5kg. Was worried that bb become too big for natural birth as I am quite petite. Will be gtg back for weekly checkups from next week. So far, I've gained 13 kg.
sad.gif
For my first boy, total wgt gain only 9kg.

Quite nervous abt coming birth cos I'm like a walking time bomb, wondering what my birth signal will be. Will it be show, contractions or water bag burst? Thinking of taking 1 or 2 days leave fr next week to anticipate the coming birth.

I stay near Buangkok MRT. Wanted to enrol my boy in the PCF at Blk 208 too, but was told the same thing, i.e. delayed opening til next year. In fact, I inquired for vacancies at a few PCF nearby, but all slots are taken up. So now, my boy attended the private and more expensive CC which did not have good teachers.

My gynae prefer TMC cos he said Mt A car parking now undergoing renovation. There will be traffic jam and he will not be responsible if the jam caused him to be late for my delivery. Actually I read from the forum that he stayed 5mins away from TMC, and since he has many patients, he preferred all to deliver at the same place for his convenience.

Movenpick, you stay quite near me
happy.gif
today went for check up did ctg cos having cramps n pain wen walk.. Having some mild contractions.. Dnw if it's soon or not.. I curled up like prawn or else on fours like frog most of e time ytd n today.. My #2 est 3kg last wk at wk 36+... so far those who gone to my gynae.. Est wt n birth wt either v similar or else more.. Rarely is lesser than est.. He also told me not to induce :0 so I won't le lor.. Just hope she pop asap!!!

208 tt PCF cc really dragging too long! Now still digging the soil and haven't even start to build anything. Sian! Damn sian. So u gonna put yours over here after that? Which sch he at now? Cambridge at SK?

I myself also dnw what's my sign this time. Been having cramps so dnw if really is contractions that are signs or what.. So bek chek in a way..
sad.gif
tt time had show so i know.. Haiz..

princessxiaomei,

I have registered my boy at a few PCF centres near my house, so see who responded to my call first. Right now, he's attending Faith Educare at Blk 201A.

Have a feeling that my 2nd boy will be born around 39 weeks, cos he's happily moving around in my tummy many times a day. Gynae has given me the admission letter for me to admit anytime. Will take leave from 27 Aug onwards. What about you? Will you be taking leave earlier?

Movenpick, I prefer 208 cos it's the nearest to me. They are way too slow Liao.. Did they tell u when will start sch? :/

I received my admission letter few weeks back le. I actually praying super hard for her to be out asap these days cos I'm feeling really v v uncomfortable. My whole tummy is so tight and on off cramps n stomachache.. Today I almost slip n fall n I think now I strain my bottom =.= feel like
Postpartum sore that kind! Grrr... Heartburn also still hanging around... Super frustrated every moment like that lor.. Plus I guess she might be around 3.2-3.3kg estimated this wk.. I'm not v big build so more than 3 seems big fr me le.. Yet she still no sign of coming out.. I'm not working but SAHM so I still Hv to manage a very cranky whiny toddler too. Really cannot tahan.. ^sigh^!

I don't have mch feel of when she's coming out but I've lots of discomfort and pre labour signs like as thou she's gg be out yet dont have.. My family n relatives been checking on me daily... Aww everyone can't wait to see her n how she looks like while I can't wait for her to be out so that I'll be relieved of all the discomfort i am having..

Dear Mummies,

Im also looking for CL. Anyone got good CL to recommend.
My EDD is Mid Oct, but gynae just told me will shift to late Sep c-sec. So my original CL cant make it. Im in a fix now, no CL.

Would appreciate if any mummies can recommend theirs. Thanks.

Hi princessxiaomei,

I'm also small size and bb more than 3kg is big for me too, especially when I want to go natural and pray that my pelvis can accomodate the size of the bb. Now trying to watch my diet but I always seem hungry and like to eat chocolates everyday. I also like to eat fast food and drink maternal milk this time, and these may explain why I gained 13 kg from 45kg previously.

For my first bb, i don't get hungry easily and eat as though I'm not pregnant. Besides I dun drink maternal milk everyday. Today just did my handing/taking over to my colleague as I will be going on leave from this Fri. Waiting excitedly for my baby to be born.

Are you going for a 2 bedded or 1 bedded? I feel pain in my upper left thigh whenever I get up from the chair and has to walk slowly, swaying from side to side. Also, when I lie down in bed, there's pain and discomfort when I moved my position from left to right and vice versa. My tummy is now super big that everyone around me thought I've given birth already. Even the MRT cleaning lady said the tummy very low now, shd give birth within the next few days. Well, now is bb's choice when he wants to come out. My birthday on 31 Aug so maybe he wants to come out that day?
happy.gif
)

If you have already given birth, do update your birth story here, k?

Hi Mommies,

I have delivered yesterday morning via spinal, c-section. So far bb's sugar level is normal but Paed said that her jaundice will likely kick in tomorrow as her blood group is different from mine. So far the nurses n service in TMC have been very pleasant. Jiayou for the rest of Aug Mommies!

Movenpick, I haven't pop. Feels so frustrated. My fingers have been swollen for few weeks, each morning I wake up it's so numb n pain. Must massage n massage so feel better a bit. My appetite is dropping n I simply don't feel hungry like that n when my Hb asked what I want to eat I end up only can eat junk food.. Initially wanted to kinda watch my food intake but after that dnw y suddenly like loss of appetite n yet must force myself to eat smth. I feel like inducing but my gynae last week told me don't have to. I dnw y I feel so bek chek at slightest thing. Just wanna be alone in a way.. Haiz!

My tummy also v big, walk sit sleep also difficult.. Not pain but like so uncomfortable.. I'm taking one bedded at PEH so that my Hb can accompany me as I'm a scaredy cat don't dare stay hospital alone. Every morning wishing I have signs to let me tk my bags and go but no.. Haiz! Think I'm more frustrated than nervous at this time.. I guess she's weighing around est 3.1-3.3Kg le.. I'm also around 45-47kg 157cm tall.. So 3kg alr consider big for me. My gynae says second baby so should be easier for me don't worry but I can't stop worrying. Think now my head not worry at this moment but rather frustrated w all e discomfort n ms :/ Argh!

Think most of e mommies here chatting in fb..

Hi princessxiaomei,

I'm shorter than you, only 1.52m, pre-preg wgt at 45kg. Read that BMI 20-25 should only gain between 11-15 kg. Now already 13 kg and still gaining some more. BB was 3kg last week and also gaining some more wgt. Will be seeing my gynae tmr to check on bb. Worried about his and my wgt gain.

Who's looking after your firstborn if you are staying in a 1 bedded with your HB? Me thinking if I shd opt for 1 bedded too. There's more privacy and can rest well, but the cost is high and haven't arrange who to look after firstborn, n whether should we still send him to CC?

How long was your labour the first time? Yours was natural with induction right? My labour was 11 hrs long, induced at 37 wks and 5 days cos of low water level, with vacuum as I was too numb to push the baby out.

Dear mummies,

For those who have popped, do share your birth stories here, and update us how you have been coping with the birth of you babies? Any breastfeeding probs? Did you bring breast pump to hospital to express the colostrum for your bb? For those who have delivered at TMC, how was your experience and the cost of staying in a 1 bedded?

Hi mommies..i m actually due on sept 10th, now in my 37+ wks, dilated 1cm & bb at 2.8kg...but not engaged in position..bb head still high near chest..any ideas to get bb to turn, if still same by next tue, c-sect is the only solution..pls help..

Hi, Puryoshi, can you add me to Aug FB? My email add: [email protected].

Hi princessxiaomei,

Did you go for gynae chkup this week? What did he say?I went for chkup today and at 38 wks 4 days, bb is 3.3 kg now. So big..Gynae propose tt I deliver tis sun by induction. So wish me luck...quite nervous now...

Dear all,

I'm a silent reader as well and have delivered on 21 Aug, edd on 30 Aug. Labour was very quick, reach hospital at 620am and delivered at 659am. Now currently struggling with #1, bfeding and newborn at the same time ... Hope to learn from all of you.

Please add me to the fb group as well: [email protected]

Hi Puryoshi,

Can add me at [email protected]? Thanks thanks.

Still waiting for baby to decide when she wanna say hi to the world. Do hope she will choose this week. Seeing the doc again this fri. Wonder if he will suggest to induce.....

hi all! I am new to this thread.. please add me to the fb group too!! my email add is [email protected]. i had deliver my 2nd princess on 03 August.. a dramatic delivery.. water bag burst 330am at home and contractions started to come about 5am plus.. waited till after sending my 1st daughter to school then head off to the hospital.. supposed to deliver in NUH.. but the head was crowning while we were in the car.. hence diverted to Mount Elizabeth (nearest hospital) instead.. delivered my 2nd princess within minutes and without pain relief!! btw my 1st daughter is also a august baby!!

Can anyone here introduce me ur maid agency if i find ur maid is gd? I want to change definitely and now i want filipino.. Pls help me as my ml end in 8wks time.. So rush n how to get someone take care my twins? Stress n worried..;( thk u all.. Btw, u can pm me too...

Hi meistar..

Im worried too... EDD is approaching as well... n still no news yet.. sigh..

A friend of mine gave birth to her son after EDD. Had to be induced.

Guess this is one option. Doc will advice bahz.

i think we have the same EDD right? (i.e. 30 aug).

ya on thur i'll be seeing my gynae... if still no sign i guess i will induce on thur night liao.. he mentioned can wait until 41 weeks lah.. but i think after 40 weeks like no so healthy leh..

what abt u?

I will be seeing my gynae on fri. friends suggest that i just bring my hospital bag along. Cuz when i saw the gynae last fri, she said next visit then decide if need to induce. so now next visit = this coming fri.

sigh. so disappointing. i was hoping to experience labor the natural way....

ya... me too...

my gynae say if i wanna induce need to go hospital at night then he will inset the tablet at night. next morning at 7am he will come check on me see if i've dilated liao..

i already dilate 1 cm since 37 weeks leh... i've been walking also... very stress leh...

i'm going to pray pray later hopefully my baby will come out naturally...

Back