(2012/08) Aug 2012

Anama: For the birth plan, you can take a look at mine here https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15050281/birthPlan.docx This piece of paper can be given to the nurse when you are admitting for labour or kept with your hubby to give to the nurse that is attending to you.

Ling: My gyane say I can look for my bb's PD after discharge. I think it's the same with you. Maybe you can call your your preferred PD to make appointment when bb born.

LittleCoco: Ya, relax, some elders are pretty blant.

Ninger: Did gynae say anything? If not, should be okie as your bb weight is considered healthy, in fact, same as me.
happy.gif
Don't worry!

Congrats to all mummies who have popped!
Nice to read all the birth stories.
As the time draws nearer, I'm getting excited as well.

Today's last day of work at office to get ready for c-sect on next Wed!

Have also bought a present for #1 and giving it to her when she visits in hospital.

hi there!

Congratulations to all the mummies who have safely delivered your lil ones!

i have been a silent reader here for a while & its really encouraging to see how u ladies have formed a strong support group for one & another
happy.gif

Am supposed to be an Aug mummy too but my boy decided to arrive a week earlier on 28 Jul, thereby pronouncing me as a Jul mummy instead! haha.

If you ladies don't mind, may I be added to your FB group?

Cheers!

I have a used Capella stroller intention to sell , condition is 9/10 .
Brandnew selling at(290.00)willing to let go 200.00 with one free play pen wroth (150.00).. 
Those interested please SMS me at 91458645 . For viewing 

hi Ling!

Yes my milk has kicked in on day 3 onwards.

Thanks to the little strong suckle. Massage my breasts helps too. First 2 days he very guai - only brot to me for milk every 3-4 hours because he had reserved.

Aiyo Day 3 onwards haywire liao, need to nurse him every 2 hours. To prevent myself from burn out, i had top up my night feeds with formula milk so that my CL can take over and i rest. Then now i will start to express and store my BM so that night time can be use. But i am sure that will only take place around week 2 onwards. So if mommies feel very rejected or discouraged that you need to use FM due to lack of BM.. the problem doesnt lies with you ! is our little one who needs food and we all know BM is very easily digest!

So will contd to rely both BM and FM to feed him to ensure he have a good sleep and rest since the brains still developing. No point letting him cry till the whole roof collapse. hahaha!

hi mummies, im fr june 2012. if anyone needs a confinement lady at the end of Aug or early Sep i'd like to recommend my confinement lady. She is fabulous and a God sent to me during my confinement. She happens to be available because her client who.booked her delivered much earlier. Msg me at 97527658 for more details.

Dear mummies, for those of you who are hiring malaysian CL directly (i.e. not via agencies), do we need to apply work permit for the CL?

Hi Mummies,

Have you heard of "No Rinse Waterless Shampoo"? First time hear it so want to ask if anyone has any comments on it to be used during confinement since we can't wash our hair?

Thanks!

Sherry:
U may want to try Klorane Dry shampoo.
Can get it off the shelves from Guardian / Watson.
Cost abt $14. Personally tried it in my first pregnancy only during my stay at hospital. It's nothing fantastic at all. May be diff for u though.

Btw, I don't believe in not washing hair during confinement. Its an entire month and I think will start dropping hair if scalp is too oily. Just make sure u blow dry ur hair thoroughly aft wash will do. It's just too impossible to leave hair unwashed for that long time.

Little Coco, me too normally wash my hair daily.
I'm not used to the rinseless shampoo as well.
Especially with the warm weather and the confinement food that will even make us more heaty and perspire a lot.

Today started my leave and tomorrow nite checking in to prepare for c-sect on Wed morning.
Looking forward to see the little one and gonna miss my #1..

Nikki:
Oh so u need to check in one day bef to prep for ur c sect? Is it like very early the following day? Envious I'm supposed to be open up on wed am too.. Due to complications I got to change gynae last min and the earliest date is 10th as one of the mommies delivered one wk earlier and I took over her slot. Else really don't know need to wait till when. Cramps are lasting longer den usual and bb hardening very often probably due to space limitation inside. He gives me hard punches which are so obvious outside the tummy. Like very agi. Haha..

So u are at which week and how wads Bb's weight now?
Last week aft scan my Bb's alr 3.3kg. Haha big boy alr! My no.1 was abt 3.7kg at 39wks when I delivered in 2010.
happy.gif

Little Coco,
Ya my c-sect scheduled in the morning.
Wed is exactly at 39 weeks & last check up on Sat bb at 3kg.
Gynae estimated 3.2+kg, my #1 was 3.17kg.

Hope everything goes well!

Hi Mommies,

Just to share ....I remembered when I was pregnant with my #1 we attended the TMC pre natal classes. During one of the class the instructor told us must give bb HA milk powder if not enough breast milk for first few days and subsequently if possible so that the baby will not develop milk allergy.

However, when #1 came out the TMC nurse told me the hospital don't supply HA milk or powder regardless of brand. Just normal step 1. I was actually shock so just told her to supplement with Similac. Later my baby developed serious milk allergy by the end of one month (eczema) and end up cant drink normal milk for almost a year.

I will bring along Nan HA 1 this time and insist they supplement with that if my breast milk is not sufficient.
Hope the Mommies here will learn from my painful and expensive lesson.

Nana: don think need to apply for work permit since they only here for a month (can be on social visit pass).. Cos it's not easy for the procedures

Anama: welcome :D for fm i have bought a small tin of similac total comfort. Dunno if that's HA. Actually bb will have reserve food for the first few days so i don think need to bring even if milk haven come in yet?

Littlecoco: am gg to wash my hair with soap n water during confinement too! Just make sure quickly blow dry after that can le. If my hair gets too oily, i'll get headache

hi mummies, i recently got discharged from TMC. Just to share with you that TMC does provide Nan HA now cos my twins are taking them.

littlecoco: all the best for yr c-sect.. i had emergency c-sect in KKH... everything went well, i was still able to talk to my gynea while she was operating. 4th day i did not take pain killers - no pain, able to climb three flights of stairs... so don't worry...

Anama, will the hospital automatically give HA milk powder or we have to specifically request in case breast milk is insufficient?

I remembered when #1 delivered in TMC was given Mamil Gold Step 1 but don't think so it's HA milk powder.
This time round delivering in GlenE will check with the nurse.

Hi Nikki,

The last time they checked with me which brand would I like to give but non HA. This is because my baby was to small (2.1kg) to suckle for long n I have not much breast milk yet. I also asked them to cup feed so that baby will not have nipple confusion.

Jojo:
Thx for the moral support. Tmr need to do blood test so they can standby blood packs for me in case I need blood transfusion during surgery. Looking forward to fri. Finally the time is here.

Hi everyone!

i'm so so tired recently! its very hard to stay awake at work! anyone know what Mt A will give when u stay in the hospital?

meistar: I know when you discharge, they will give you the bathtub used to bath bb. And also provide a pack of pads during your stay. Other than that, the rest of the stuff they will ask you to provide yourself.

hi all,
Ive given birth to my second baby gal lasttuesday night. It was an induced birth at 38weeks as i was detected with lowamniotic fluid since week 35. God Blesses that baby growth well, weight 2.78kg. the labour was indeed more tough than natural birth, took 24hours. Except the long labour, other things are just fine.

hi aixin! congrats for your safe delivery!

hi starfantasy! can i bring my own baby diaper? my friends gave me so many new born diaper that i dont think i can ever finish!

To those who hv given birth.. Congrats!!
happy.gif

If I'm nt wrg, today some mummies going to induce/c-sect? Wish u mummies a smooth delivery & speedy recovery!
happy.gif

Today going for my 39 wks checkup...Hw I wish baby is out today...too tired liao with the waiting game...hehe... =p

meistar: While bb is staying there, they will provide clothes and diapers, but they will not give you when you discharge with your bb. However, if you want to use your own brand of diapers, I think should be okie to bring and let the nurses know.

Aixin: COngrats!

Sri Leo: Same here, bb almost reaching 40 wks but still not much sign of seeing the world yet. Guess she's too comfy inside. XD

Congrats! Aixin!

Sri Leo/Star:
I am also week 39+ now... still no sign. Now rotting at home everyday playing the waiting game! LOL!

thanks for the reply...

tmr is my week 37! u all on ML? i'm still at work! hahaha... cos i find waiting at home very boring so might as well work lor and save the ML...

Hello!!! How are you girls doing??

Motherhood no joke man esp for first time mummies like me. Thank God for confinement lady else i am in trouble. Now baby 1 week old
happy.gif
realize when we bring him out for check up he gets super stimulated and will cry alot! He is hungry too and drink lots of milk and i need to provide FM so he can last thru the night!

Those haven pop --- pls enjoy lots of ur me time :p haha cos once baby arrives, is really so different. I have to say i really enjoy caring the bb despite the tiredness.
happy.gif

meistar: I on HL cos I want my ML to last longer.. Hehe. At first I thought I'd be bored staying at home but I find stuff to do to keep myself occupied. Like doing cross stitch for my little one baptism ceremony later and reading books.
happy.gif

Star & Ninger : haha! Atleast I know I'm nt alone playing the waiting game.

Meistar : today my last day of work! Hehe! Start my ML on 13 Aug onwards. Kinda relief (I'm worried waterbag will break when at work. LOL!!) eventhough I know I'll be bored at home. Can use the time to R&R...

Went for my 39wks checkup. Did VE n i dilated almost 2 cm only. The last VE (36wks) I dilated almost 1cm. 3 wks = 1cm? So slow but as expected cz my #1 i took longer time to dilate (max 7cm after induce, 14 hrs labour at 39wks 4 days).

Told gynae I want elective c-sect but he said its too late since Im going to enter 40 wks. So told me to wait for nxt checkup(17 aug) n arrange for CTG. And I might hv to do c-sect on the day itself if I still havent give birth by 16 aug. Forget to ask if tt consider elective c-sect or emergency c-sect. Most likely emergency c-sect? Cz we nvr book any date yet.

Dear all,

I'm due to deliver end Aug, and so brought my pump parts and milk storage bottles to sterilise. However I saw there are droplets of water on the bottles after sterilisation. Do you air-dry the bottles before closing the caps and put them in your hospital bag or leave it as it is?

Congrats to mommies who has popped!~

My 2nd child popped on 10/8 via elective c sect.
Though it's hard but things went well.
Still at KKH now will only get discharged tues/wed.

For mommies popping soon. Jiayou!

Littlecoco : Congrats! Wish u a speedy recovery... N rest well ya!
happy.gif

Movenpick : I air dry it....but i'll still wash it again (w/o soap) b4 use.

hihi mummies,

what are the dishes you have during confinement?
getting bored to eat only red wine chicken/pork.
anyone know how to cook the double boil martell n.DOM with kampong chicken? csn share.ut recipes?

movenpick,
after sterilising...just shake off the water droplets and cover tight
if u leave it to air dry...its need to be in a covered container else u will defeat the purpose of sterilising once it is left in the open to dry
after a few hours it is not being used, tink 6-8hrs...will need re-sterilise it again before use

37 weeks now also. waiting anxiously for bb to arrive. told my hubby to keep lookout for my call. lol. still working thou. tink if i have to stay home n wait, i will prob go mad since i will be home alone. but also scared that bb will choose to come during office hrs. such a dilemma...

hope bb will choose to come early...
happy.gif

hi everyone!

pigpigmummy, same! i'm also working. my EDD is 30 aug. so i'm also at week 37+.

sometimes i think of labour i'll be scared! =S

Dear mummies,

I'm currently 37 weeks preg, n my older boy has been behaving very funny these few weeks. He will toss and turn in bed and make some noises like having nitemares and wake up at 6.30am and very cranky and go in and out of the bedroom n kitchen. Then he'll open the drawers, put the straws in the milk bottle which has water and drink water from there. He'll also place all the pillows in a circle around him and say "close the door". My sensing is he does not have a sense of security n only want me to bath, feed, make him sleep. He don't want my maid and hb.

I'm not sure if he's very stressed out cos there have been many changes in his life since mar 2012. I put him in a CC in mar and he was there a few days and sick for 3 weeks, so I pull him out temp. Then the maid who looks after him since birth left end Mar and only me and hb take care of him without a maid for more than a mth. He was sick in Apr often, as we have no maid, thus hv to push him into the CC. If he has fever, I will then hv no choice but to take urgent leave to care for him. HB can't take leave due to work. Very tiring for me as was already 4mths preg n slept at 1am daily.It was indeed very sad to see him cried loudly and prolonged every day in CC.

My 2nd maid came in May and my boy couldnt get use to yet another change and was cranky again. As she was fresh from Indon and with poor eng and attitude, I changed maid in late Jul. My boy got to adjust to 3rd maid. So 1st 4 weeks of each maid change, I'm the one who has to care for him personally as he dun want maid and HB.

Some people told me boy cranky nowadays could be due to he knows baby coming. Do you have such experience to share? Am worried how he'll adjust without me during my confinement. Another baby brings yet another big change in his life. My mum felt he's traumatized and said ought to bring him to see psychiatrist.

Hi movenpick

How old is your elder boy? I'm also at wk 37 now.. I'm a SAHM since pregnant w #1 and been looking after him by myself most of the time. Hb is always busy w work n my #1 doesn't attend sch. He's w me 24/7 since birth. Very tiring and stress indeed ESP when I'm also pregnant now.. Lately he's also behaving very very weirdly.. Since early July he started to behave a bit differently and lately he's been really a handful... Extremely terrible twos?! But I guess is bcos I'm about to deliver already thus his extreme behavior. I can't wait to deliver as I'm having lots of pregnancy discomfort too.. Plus handling my toddler every day w such weird pattern is driving me bonkas.. I don't think you need to br him to visit a psychiatrist leh.. I guess might be same as my #1... feeling v v insecure so behaving v weirdly now... We just have to endure n see how things go after we pop....

Btw mommies.... My baby est 3kg at wk 36+.... I wanna try for natural delivery w/out epidural again but I'm scare... Cos baby is of bigger size than my #1... I dnw if I should think of inducing within nx few days or just continue to wait.... Scare ltr if wait n wait n end up she only coming out almost wk 40 like my #1.... her est weight might go above 3.5-3.6kg.... My #1 est 2.3kg at wk 37+ and out at wk 39+ w 3kg! Will I end up c sec or ?!?!? That's what I scare! Dnw what to do... My gynae also ask me not to over eat... I gain 1kg per week at this time!! Pretty scary!

Hi princessxiaomei,

My older boy is now 2 yrs and 4.5 mths old. EDD on 3 Sep. What about your boy? I can understand how stressed it is to look after an active boy 24/7. I find it a relieve when I send my boy to CC and can take leave to rest a while at home. (though I know I shoudln't feel this way)

He still doesn't like CC and wonder why mummy puts him there. We put him in CC in Mar as the maid needs to care for the newborn and can't cope with an active toddler at the same time. After sometime, he didn't cry when we send him to CC in the morning, however these past 3 days, he was crying when we send him in. According to the teacher, he will cry halfway during lessons these few days too. Just 2 days ago, his classmate scratched him on the forehead. Last mth, his classmate bit his hand on 2 consecutive days. My poor baby, get bullied in school.

Am guilty towards my boy cos he kenna UTI when just 5 mths old. Very traumatic as he was poked via IV drip, couldn't find the blood vessel, poked the other hand, couldn't find, poked the leg. Midnite, the IV drip dropped, poked the hand again. The nurse also forced a long tube thru his penis to his bladder to get urine sample as he can't pass urine upon request (stil young) and no appetite to drink water/milk. How loud and badly he cried.
sad.gif
If not for my age, 36 yr old this year, would have delayed conceiving the 2nd baby and giving him more attention.

You are a great mum, to sacrifice your freedom and financial needs to be a SAHM. I don't think I can cope alone as a SAHM, will still need a maid to be with me at home. Do you have any helper or help from inlaws or parents?

Hi all mummies

i hv two dotters one coming 3 yrs n the other one -new born in Jun 2012.

i faces the same suituation as all as my girl is cranky n seeking attention always

she doesn't want maid if my hubby n me are ard

i am currently looking after my new born , my elder goes CC - also tell my every morning she doesn't want to go school

i hv intend to look for bb sitter near my home to look after my new born n sack the maid as she keeps on saying she wants to go back to agent
she is indo n we really ca't communicate well also

Back