(2012/08) Aug 2012

Can anyone advice it is taobao china, taobao spree or taobao English etc. Too many websit so dunno which one is the rite one.

Starfantasy, which are the shop do u recommend at taobao for maternity clothes and bb stuff?

JA, been using Pet Pet but the velcro is not the plasticky type and does not produce startled sound when removing velcro.
The velcro is similar to Mamypoko.
Drypers used to have the plasticky type that produce a startled sound when you remove the velcro. But I think they have also improved their version.

Hazel: Pampers also fine as some mummies review say not bad, but personal preference I like to stick to asian brands cos I feel it's made more for asian bb. I do heard cases where pampers and huggies are not as hypoallergic as goon or those jap brands. Probably it's due to the type of skin (asian vs ang mo we know that there's a difference). For goon you can follow my estimate if you don't mind. Do note that I only use goon for night use due to the expenses. For taobao, it's www.taobao.com. All should be in chinese writing. The rest are agents, don't get cheated. I buy maternity clothes and bb stuff from a variety of places, mainly looking at the shop rating and item review to determine if the item is good. But I bought a few maternity wear from http://yunfuzhuang001.taobao.com/ as their style are the sweet and princessy kind. However do not expect the quality to look exactly like the pic, give a discount. Hehehe

JA: for pet pet i intend to buy the tape one. I won't expect too much since it's cheap. I think bb will startled her cos it's a more sharp sound which bb are more sensitve too. Thunder like sound most are lower in tone which are similiar to what bb heard when they are in our stomach, so probably they are more used to it.

Dear mummies,

Am at week 26 and baby now 950g. I've gained 6.5kg so far from 45.4kg pre-preg. Not sure why, my tummy feels very tight and painful and I must walk very slowly. this is my 2nd preg and I don't experience this for my 1st preg.

My baby's head is still up, unlike my first preg, where my bb's head went down at 20 weeks till birth. What about you gals? Did you do any exercises to move the head down? Would like a natural birth once more..

movenpick: Are you having false contractions? False contractions can start as early as in the 2nd trimester. On bb head position, doc say bb head is still up at my last visit on week 25, only now at week 29 when i just went for my checkup, doc then say bb head turn down. Don't worry too much, there's still time for baby head to turn. Actually in worst case where baby head still up in labour, my doc say it's still possible for natural birth just that it would be more risky.

Hehe... Came back frm tonight scan. My baby is 1.5kg. I asked if is too heavy at this stage around week 29, doc said is fine. And when i askes if i shd take the glucose test he also said no need since my blood test is normal and everything looks good. LoL! Ok but just in case i decided to really make sure no more sweet drinks and up the intake of water cos i realize my urine is quite yellow. Doc also nv mentioned if baby head down or not. Hmm now question - when do we drink the young coconut water ?

Happy: mum say can start drinking in 3rd trimester which we are now. Just note that there's no scientific proof, so kinda we just drink for "fun".. Hehe

tanny: there are lot of "cheaters" on taobao, one have to exercise caution when buying clothes. Look at the shop rating as well as the item review. Also there's a saying, if a bargain is too good to be true, it's probably not true.

Tiggeroo,

I m gg tomorrow.. This was the email I got fr them....

We have $100 worth of shopping vouchers* for you and your friends at Motherhood Exhibition 2012.
Share the happiness of cord blood banking with someone you care and receive DOUBLE* the joy!

Simply:

Refer your expectant friend at our Online Refer A Friend webpage
Upon your referral, you expectant friend will receive a SMS from Cordlife
Both you and your expectant friend will each receive $100 worth of shopping vouchers when she presents the SMS upon enrolment with Cordlife at Motherhood Exhibition 2012 on 31 May 2012 (Thursday)

oh ya, recently whn i sit down i feel my bottom so heavy. er how to say. idk how to put it. but when u sit down u feel like ohhh. HAHAA. er, just like heavy feeling? i totally avoid full squat if possible! hehehe.

shareshare with u all my swim pics taken last weekends with my lil bump=)
it looked like it had shrinked. haha, those in my fb shud b able to see the rest of the pics!
7097240.jpg

J~A: wah. powerful man. i gg start preparing my stuffs end june. which is pack n buy all together. one shot buy all. dun wan abit abit buy. cos firstly i hvn pack..=x thn i waiting my maid come in too~ =)

fair: those mummies gg to the fair maybe can do some quickie updates on how much the diapers there selling? but wont be able to compare with outside for my case cos i hvn go out looklook see see yets. hmm.. i tink ill buy a few nb size for goon, merries, huggies, nepia, pampers? all these brands better huh? i remember for #1 i used a mixture, got use fitti nb size also, not bad i remember, but i tink it changed packaging and all now alr.. din see the old pattern that i used 6yrs back!!! so dk if the thing still the same ant.

haZelnutty: taobao is like china ebay. inside got lots of 'shops' diff sellers selling diff things. but some shops have 2owners using 2 diff wangwang names.

movenpick: ur bb weight sounds good! mine at 28wks that time was only 1KG! hehe. it might be BH. braxton hicks? where the tummy will like roll into one side n harden. whn i had #1 i din notice such funny funny things also. but my hub says i might have but as i not active in forum only bz blogging so no notice =\

happy: ur bb is big!!! 29wks 1.5kg.. wah.. mine small . i tink i shud start to get worried liao =(

tanny: i agree. i recently got one the picture jin sui. come liao the top under the sun simi sai inside also can sEE!!!! =(

star: diff to just judge by ratings. i hv a fren staying there, she tell me normally they have 2 batches or more. one 'stuck' or bad batch, they will sell it out using the gd rating one. so at times hor u buy 80rmb u get the v chuis pattern one. scary.

gynae visits: all of u all seeing gynae every 2wks now? i only scheduled to see her 3-4weeks now. n i have 2appts with her tilll my due date, i not on any package or anything. see nxtnxt week when i see her she got say anything ant.

confinement food tingkat: anyone booked theirs alr?

gd morning to all mummies & babies!

re: diapers
is Pet Pet good? i bought a few packs of Mamy Poko when i was at Malaysia last weekend. there was promo on Pet Pet & Mamy Poko.

Rykei: the pic is nice! Wanted to go swimming but found that recently all wkeneds are kinda packed.
sad.gif
newborn diapers don buy too much, bb will outgrow fast and end up wasted. At first i also like u want to buy bb stuff at one go bit then hubby fren say like that very xiong, will get heart attack when see bill at the end of the month so we just get bit and bit, wait for good offer then buy, so kill 2 birds with 1 stone, get to save and also enjoy the retail experience (for me only.. Hehe). Taobao stuff unless i pay super a lot (which in the end i rather buy in sg if there stock) else i have learn to give a discount frm the pic i see, if the item is very chiu, then i'll argue with the seller.

Loves: pet pet is economical, not as good as mammy poko and other better brands in terms of absorbency or leak control but good enough to use. At least u won feel thr heart pain when thowing it away. Haha

star: at first i jitao kan bu kai leh. got once i argue with a seller until i pekchek. cos my chn nt v powerful one its those jin chui powderful kind only. thn i gv up. thn slowly since 2007 i learnt till nw alot of things. muahahaa.. agree on the shiong part. but nw i jitao cannot buy. not even a single space. =x got too much to clear up first. diapers wise think get 2 nb size first. my hse has 2 24hrs shopnsave, n 1 petrolkiosk with ntuc 24hrs in the vinicity. so if nt enf *choy* la whn the time comes than go buy. i totally unprepared sia. jus like #1. come liao thn decide. haha. swimming go weekdays beter. nw sch hols start liao everywhere alot ppl v dangerous one. i pack mac tis morning to office also q 8mins. =z

Re: confinement food tingkat
so far i have 6 including myself who will be ordering from Rich Food. If anyone is still interested, please email me the following info.

http://confinement-meals.com/media/Confinement%20Package.pdf

Areas that they don't send to: Mainly town areas like Jalan Besar, Geylang, Certain parts of Bt Timah etc. Discount entitled: 10% of package price (not inclusive of the early bird discount as we are not entitled to it)
Mode of Payment: Cheque or Bank Transfer
Person-in-charge: Nigel Kok Kah Fai (90694414, [email protected])

I will forward the collated order to Nigel and he will laise with you regarding the payment.

Details required and please email me at [email protected]
Name:
Contact No:
Address:
Package:
EDD:
Email Address:
Please refer to the menu and indicate any food items that you do not consume. They will try their best to replace the items with something else but we do not get to choose what are the items they are going to replace with.

Deadline: 20th June 2012

Rykiel: for me not just bottom heavy, but I feel heavy as a whole. Hahaha, feeling like a cow. Gynae still schdeule me visit 1 month later. I on package, but forget how many left. Haha

Rykiel: That why the items i give discount from what I see from the pic. Also I avoid buying those really cheap stuff cos I don believe they would be even a fraction of what is shown in the pic. But maybe I more lucky ba, I seldom meet with this kind of issues. You got #1 le, so a lot of things can reuse ba, for me it's my #1, with little to no hand me downs, so everything gotta buy. The room that is meant for bb is still cluttered with stuff, now including bb stuff. Just manage to fix up a hand me down cot during the weekend with hubby. Swimming go wkdays have to go at night, higher chance to catch a cold which I'm a little unreluctant lei.

back at work after 2 wks of rest
sad.gif

anyway .. re: taobao .. i dont relaly ship furniture and clocks i got is not so much as heavy but can consider bigger nia lah .. i use pazar8 which does check the items and so far the items i receive all working and good condition .. but got 8% service charge (excluding shipping).

i bought gap from china web before and the quality compared to getting from gap.com is really diff .. it tears abit more easily at the seams and the cloth after washing got a few mao mao unlike those from gap.com so now i usually spree those from the us ..

i wanna sign up cordlife too .. but mine is #2 .. my #1 store with cordlife already still applicable for the voucher ?

i should be gg to the fair on sat .. anyone ?

re: edd date .. my #1 is delivered at just 36 weeks with watrebag burst so this time im packing my hosp bag slightly before 36 weeks (i.e begining aug) .. i dont wanna be caught like last time with bag not packed and then when waterbag burst have to rush home bath and pack bag then go ..

jljz: we have to make payment so soon de har? i thought of ordering n paying only in june.

star: on package cheaper har? how much u spent so far? mine she 3-4weeks leh. but i see quite alot of mummy seeing gynae quite often hor? 2wks once. me like 4weeks. =x hehehehe my #1 nxt year P1 liao. i totally no handmedowns =x hahahahhaa! wow.. at night dun go swimming =) firstly cold, 2ndly at night dun swimswim. hehehhee.

half working, the lil one inside shifting left right left right. Grr.

mircalehappens: hmm. i knw BH is whn bb roll into like a ballball n harden up n stay there for quite some time kinda uncomfy for me thou. correct me if im wrong on BH kks. =)

beetlebug: i also v confused leh. some say $450 cfm can claim, but my SIL all gt back 700-800 leh. i also dk hw the whole thingy goes. any mummies here can advise?

Ayukie,
not too sure, maybe can call to ask them ?
will u expect bb to be delivered earlier since is #2 ? my #1 was delivered wk38, worried that will deliver earlier as many says #2 will be earlier and faster labour time..
hope u feeling better after the long rest
happy.gif

gynae appt : my next appt is at wk 30 which was 4 wk fr the previous. hopefully after the appt will be 2-3 wks ...

tiggeroo,
PM you !

bettlebug,
http://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_web/home/costs_and_financing/schemes_subsidies/Marriage_and_Parenthood_Schemes.html
http://www.thomsonmedical.com/maternity_pkg.htm

j~A - yeah i expect early but im tryin to last till 37 weeks so will take annual leave from 1st aug to rest and not move too much .. hopefully it will helps lor .. but min must tahan till 36 wks ..

Rykiel: For me on package definately cheaper. For the first 3 months, gynae no package so I pay like 300+(1st visit), 200+(2nd visit), 800+(third visit with detail scan and tests). For the package, it's 2200 for 11 visits, not including delivery charges. BB not even born and I have spend so much already. My gyane charges a lot but he's good so I'm sticking with him. As mine a normal pregnancy so I guess that is no reason to see gynae that often ba. I thought BH is false contractions so it's those kind of sensations you would feel when you are going into labour?

Ayukie: Ya, most agent charges 5-10% service fees, that is on top of the lousy exchange rate. For agent, their exchange rate is 4.5 but the actual exchange rate u get from bank is ard 5 at the moment. So let's say you spend 1000RMB, if you go thru agent, you would pay sgd240 (8% service fee) compared to buying yourself which you would pay sgd206, that's a saving of sgd34. As I buy pretty often in a year, I estimate to save up to hundreds by doing this myself.

Hello Rykiel, wah very fun leh your pic! Ya man i also think is heavy hahaha but i just realize my hb's colleague same time as me.. her baby is 1.7kg?! and she only gain 4-5 kg so far?! When i gain almost 10 kg?! Ok dunno if i am normal at all.. but since gynae said everything ok ok then i trust him lor.

He scheduled me 3 wks later and i guess that will be 32-33 weeks. So maybe it will be weekly visit or every 2 weeks? I am excited but tons of work not completed yet! opps! :p

Ayukie,
is week 36 considered full term ?
if week 36 deliver hope can be same date as my hb bday, week 37 will be national day week..heheee
latest hope by week 38 can deliver before the 7th month, up to baby to decide when he wants to see us...

star: mine always roll into a ballball so to me its BH =x hahahahhaa.. #2 mummy liao but still blur like one dumb sotong!!! u nt in the fb hor? add me? can adds u in =)

happy: u just added me de har? =x hehehee. er.. i gained also 10kg+ leh. now close to 12kg liao.. but bb weight like little leh. hais.. hope nxt checkup ill get to knw how much weight the lil one has put on! =)

miracle_happens: I read that contractions can feel like tummy ache like you ate something wrong and your tummy twist and turn inside. It's my #1 so I also dun really know how it feel like when the actual time comes. XD

Happy: I have already gain 13+KG since last visit and each month now have been gaining 3KG. And bb is only 1.2KG, so most of the weight is going to mummy. =(

Rykiel: I seldom post in fb also.. hehe

hello mummies! anyone has experience with Philips AVENT Twin Electronic Breast Pump? Heard it is quite a popular choice among BF-ing mummies too. I am deciding between that or the Medela Freestyle.

For those who are interested in breastpumps, can consider to get it from megababystore (http://megababystore.wordpress.com/), their prices are significantly lower than retail.

ayukie & star: ur nick there is? r u in my friend list?

i had one fanchoy + hargao & chocolate milk tea for lunch, ltr sure hungry sia. i bought those fourleaves mini croissants standby! hehehe. how about u all? hope u all had a hearty lunchie!

re: taobao
so far, the clothes i bought, the materials are not too bad & no colour run. even my mum said for the price, the material is considered quite good. happy with my purchases. hee!

Hi Loves,

I've just sent you my order.
The variety of things on taobao is really wonderful.

I've been searching for the sleeping bag for so long, and finally found it. And the price is at least 4 times cheaper than those US website. Very keen to get those items.

Thanks a lot for helping me to order. I really have big problem to work through this website for purchase.

Back