(2012/08) Aug 2012

Aixin: wat not working? U can always pm me to ask. Hehe. I do have friends who also encounter problem, like when they login they are bought to a page to enter some information for verification like that. If yours like this, try to go back to the website main page and continue what you want to do frm there.
happy.gif

Rykiel: unless u r a contract staff, following mom guidelines, you are still entitled to your pay even if u go on MC and HL (provided u don exceed the no of days u r entitled).

Ling: if the ferry u are taking is those big big one, like those ppl take to go batam, then it should be fine in terms of safety. Unless u r pantang or if u r easily naused cos of movement (sometimes the sea can get a little choppy)

Ling,
I think i will wash 1x or maybe 2x, lazy hehee..
Wan to deliver naturally...my #1 was born naturally at wk 38 after water bag broke....

Ling: that means u'll be expose to the elements? If yes, still can but make sure u wear life jacket during the entire trip, also the boat might rock more than those big ones, so might have a chance u get motion sickness. On pantang, my mum tell me there's old wives tales that spirits lives in the waters also so while u r crossing, the spirits will come take ur bb, so one way to avoid that is to throw coins into the water. Another tale is that bb spirit don know how to cross water so might get left behind, so before leaving must tell bb that u r taking boat and bb must remember to come along.

Dear jojo,
I think the maid is homesick too. Sigh! Hope your next maid will be better!

Dear starfantasy,
Did you attend WBB's prenatal class? Did you hear about co-sleeping? Adjust baby's cot to our bed level then sleep side by side? My mattress is on the floor, wonder if it'd work for me!

Dear Meishan,
I'm at 29weeks and my baby is at 1.6kg!!! But my gynae says still ok.

Shasamama: i'll be delivering in mt a so i'm attending bb classes at there instead of tmc. Did not hear abt that but my mum practise that when i was a bb. Not sure if it's too good but i grow up very dependent to have someone sleep with me. I just cannot sleep alone. Hehe. For me to practice also hard cos my bed one side is against the wall, another side has a ledge but i'll definately put the cot right after that ledge.

Meishan: r u very petite? Or ur doc found that ur pelvic bone is narrow? Frm the response of other mummies, i think ur doc might make that remark cos of ur size since most of our have ard same wt or heavier but doc still say okie. I myself have big butt and now wt 67.3kg.

Star, as long as you do not find the those words ending with parabens then should be safe.
Maybe JJ have improved the ingredients.
Not sure if Pigeon products contain parabens though.

Taobao-found a lot of good buys there but me too like Aixin found it very tedious and confusing.
Used to get my colleague to help me purchase and bring back for me but not so nice everytime gotta trouble her.
loves, if you don't mind hope I can join you gals in Taobao shopping.

Ling, I have been to boracy before. It's really those small boats where can sit few ppl, not like our ferry to batam or to pulau ubin. They don't even have a jetty so u have to get off and walk on the sea water to get on shore. I wouldn't recommend u to go with ur big belly now. That's was 5 years back so not sure if there's improvement. Also their rides to get around the island is similar to tuktuk at bkk and rough is rough, better dun go I think
happy.gif

Nikki: Great, I was contemplating to buy new bath wash for bb. Hehe. For taobao, understand that first time buying is tedious. A few years back when I started, it got me around a month or 2 to find out all the details and had to get verified (that time no international payment allowed and my funds got frozen in the stupid alipay account when it was not yet verified). But first step is always hard, once you get the hang of it then everything is like like your usual online shopping. Which is why i advise if it's only 1 or 2 times buying, then going thru another person saves you the hassle, else it's a good idea to get used to cos it'll save you money and hassle in the long run.

Hi sashamama and starfantasy,

wow, hope that my doc is just being cautious. My weight now is 60kg, pre-preg size is about S or M. Doc was warning that if the trend continues, I will have a huge baby! At least your words put me somewhat at ease. Thanks !!!

Meishan: before preganacy u should be 50 odd? Think u the more petite kind, so like u say ur doc just worry u might have difficult labour with bigger bb.
happy.gif

Morning mummies!

So many taobao shopping mummies, what's there to buy ? Went to see the web briefly, saw some gap baby rompers, r they genuine gds ?

Star, I got stuck during registration when they prompt me for contact no., it seems like they only accept China hp nos.?
Tat's y after a while I gave up!

V addictive once you shop in Taobao cos so much cheaper..

Long time never post here le....

Meishan:
My check last week at week 28, baby's weight at 1326g. I have gained about 6kg so far. Gynae commented baby is bigger than average but did not caution me to control my diet. I guess you need not worry too much. Oh, I get to do the urine test during every visit since day 1. It's part of the routine.

Now very tempted to start the Taobao shopping experience, but I am afraid that it will be too addictive... I have been doing online shopping for years and been enjoying every single bit of it... find the overseas sprees especially attractive coz of the savings.... kekekeke..

i dun like the way she handle things =(

hais.. im too addicted in taobao liao. my stuffs came ytd. bought iphone stuffs. bb stuffs hvn buy cos i got no space put yet. who is buying for who? n let me know how much can? hehehe. thn i maybe can lombang u to buy also. cos i go by my agent de. =) i found alot cheap home clothings leh. one long slv n one short slv 5rmb have liao. powerful. i like. quality wise idk mans. but i cfm will get at least 1dozen in. hehaho.

im gg to subway for lunch, whats urs mummies?

Nikki: during registration they shouldn't need ur contact? It should be after u have created a acct and login then they ask to verify the acct by entering the contact ba? In that case, when u see that screen try to manually return to the main page by typing www.taobao.com in the addr bar of ur browser then continue wat u want to do frm there (eg access ur bought items or ur acct info). Taobao i realise that their local brands are really so cheap, but it come to genuine international known brands, diff not much.

JA: if the price is too good to be true, it's probably is not. Some sites can say that it's geniune on the grounds 1)they lied, 2)it's factory reject meaning there r flaws, 3) it's left over frm export, 4)it's old design n there r clearing stock

Rykiel: don go thru agent! They charge lousy exchange rate and expensive service charge. Do it yourself and u will save much more. I would only recommend agent if 1)if u buying small qty for 1 or 2 times, 2)u cannot understand chinese or ur chinese is super "private limited" (like my hubby)

star: my that agent give me use address thn he will pack all n send to me lor. how about yours? u only buy from those sellers that ship internationally?

Rykiel: nope, i have a shipper that will consolidate the items an send to me and only charges me EMS fees an a small admin fee of 4rmb for each shipment.

is taobao similar to amazon/gmarket ? my chinese is v poor type :p
usually i join oversea sprees and really a lot of savings compared to buying locally..

star: im using agent too. qns, if your item has defects or wrong items being sent to you, will your shipper help with the refund or exchange?

JA: IMO, taobao is more similiar to ebay and alipay is like paypal. Sometime the reason I don't join overseas spree is because I find it a little hassle for collection later, especially if the organizer live far away from me. And postage locally is not exactly cheap either. XD

loves: No, my shipper doesn't check my items so there's why there is no extra service charge. If the item have serious defects, I contact the seller directly through aliwangwang (china's version of MSN) and they refund the money straight to my account. For wrong items send, it depends if I can accept it (usually they send the wrong color), or else I would negotiate for partial refund telling the seller that the item has been shipped overseas so it's not worth to ship back (of cos I take photos of the wrong item as proof). But from buying so long, I don't meet with cases with serious defects or wrong items (only 1 or 2 times out of all the times i buy); maybe cos I would see the shop and item rating before I buy ba?

Oh a word of caution, for those whose alipay account is not verified and the seller want to refund money directly to your account, please do not do that. Cos the stupid alipay will freeze any available funds in the account that is not verified. Alternate solution would be to ask the seller to offset your next purchases. Or those with shipper, can ask if they allow the money to be refunded to their account and then when you make your next purchases, ask your seller to pay for you. =)

starfantasy,
icic..thanks !!

any mummies gg for motherhood fair this wk ?
planning to sign up for cordlife, want to join together and get $100 shopping voucher each ?

star: thanks. sounds abit mafan... hehe. i do search for ratings before buying too. but do get defects or wrong items being sent. contacted seller directly before but no response. in the end, agent refunded.

star: hannor. but one thing i dun like about taobao stuffs is whether u ship thru agent or direct frm seller, the items tend to be dusty. =x compared to those carters gap etc. hehehe. u got such problem? shareshare here the good stuffs u bought? i tinking get the seahorse frm fisherprice in during my nxt shipment in 2wks leh. hehee =) u bought it ma?
seahorse: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=8697785836
y u nvr start a spree to let everyone buy? i just closed one bp recently only. hehe. what good buys u bought for baby stuffs? any nice shops to share here?

J~A, I have not decided if I want cordlife or not...after reading an article someone posted on our FB, it seems quite logical on how they pre-clamp the cord...haiz shoud I or not. i did store for my #1 and is it neccessary for #2?

rykiel - i think u better take earlier ML!! even if it's annual leave... most people deliver about 2 weeks early nowadays. last time in the delivery waiting room, i heard everyone who came in told the nurse they are 38 weeks. my #1 also came out at 38 weeks.

my EDD is 03/08. i am going to take leave from 15/07... last time i took 2 weeks early, and didn't make it to my last day of work.

AG,
i also bank for #1 with cordlife, discuss with hb if neccessary to bank for #2, after discussion, we decided to be fair to both and bank for #2 also for the sake of 'insurance' just in case..
i din read the article...
every coin has 2 side so definitely have different school of thought, so depends on individual...

maryanne: we hv the same edd leh. i cant remember mine is 02/08 or 03/0 but i remembered as 02/08 cos its one of my gf bdae! hehehe. wah, u applied so earli ar the ML. i applied from 23/07 onwards. so urs is one week earlier than me.

JA: Welcome! I'm going to the motherhood fair this friday cos I got "free MC" from doctor (do glucose blood test in the morning so afternoon I'm free to go). Won't be signing up for private cord banking cos already decided to donate. Will be there to grab goon diapers cos last time it was sold out pretty fast in the baby care festival. If friday alone cannot buy finish stuff, sat will drag hubby to be labourer and sugar daddy. Hehehe.

loves: I'll keep pestering the seller and lodge a compaint in taobao if that happens. I can be a very persistent person if I want to be. That involve a lot of work but then I want "justice" served. Hehe. But I seldom meet this kind of problem. Also now that I get so used, it's really just come naturally for me so I don't really think it's a hassle.

Rykiel: Yes, I find that is only so if the shipper unpacks the things to send to you. So after the first initial shipment, I told my shipper not to open the packages sent by the sellers, thereby preserving the items in their original packaging which are much less dirty or dusty. It got dusty because the shipper place that consolidates the goods are not clean and when the items go through so many hands, it's bound to get dirty. I buy from all over the place, especially baby stuff. For my pre-preggy clothes I got shortlist a few shops that I will frequent go visit (my style are more the sweet, princessy kind XD). The item is a musical toy? I have my own bb speaker that plays music from my iphone so I'm most probably not getting that toy. And my rule of thumb is that I don't usually buy things that bb can put in their mouths like toys or use on bb like bath or creams because of the scary stories I heard from china manufactured stuff (paisei I may be the more kia si here, but better be safe than sorry). And those items that are genuine, like internationally known brands, I found that the price difference is not that big, especially after you factor in the overseas shipping. So for a few bucks more, I rather buy in SG and if got problem, easy to get it fixed or refund.

star: i normally ask him remove the kuaidi bag to repack for me, n what he does is pack into a new box for me. i request new box cos the old ones realli jin chuis!! HAHA. the seahorse i wanted to buy in taobao. but i till now still holding back u know. cos in the first place, the music that is playing will be the same few. if i dl =x will be more variety, but seems alot of mummies have the seahorse as a soother right? bb clothings i now looking for those home wear. http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=13903909130 this type one set de for home wear. dun need those fancyful ones. how about u? home wear wad u got? i intend gt one dozen mix match for home wear, than some go bugis get also since they outgrow v fast in early days.

loves: how u find the seahorse soother?

starfantasy,
which booth will u chiong at the fair hehee...i look through the advertisement and wrote the list of booths i must go..hhaaaa..sound like super kiasu mummy..

J~A: u also gg to the fair? i hvn visit any.. quite worried abt the crowd there. i cannot go to too crowded places, previously bhg got sales i was at cwp i din know lor, i went to buy my fitflops thn i got so giddy, cos like so humid the air too many ppl n i feel nauseous.

Rykiel,
yes, actually my 1st time gg to motherhood related fair at expo :p
hopefully not that crowded, expo shd be quite cooling the air con..i will just go to those in my list first then if not so crowded then will slowly walk ard..but i think sure crowded, will see how it goes..

J~A: wah brave. i dun dare go. i scared i feel unwell. . hehe. i stick to kiddy palace for the % off. else travel so far i giddy or wad ltr sure not worth the time n effort. heheehe. may u buy many many stuffs back! heard quite alot of gd deals at expo normally!

J~A, you know how much to store cordlife and what freebies etc and for 2ndtime mummies like us? my #1 also with cordlife.

I usually go with hb for bb shopping cos I wont be able to shop and carry the stuff. I will shop and he carry. I am also listing down the things I wanna buy cos I want to complete my list asap. this will be last shopping.

Rykiel: i bought it before i was preggie cos i find it quite cute. have been playing it everynite, like lullaby. ;p

Rykiel: First few times when the shipper remove for me, it's when I find my items dirty or dusty, because the outer packaing is dirty and dusty so when they remove and take the contents out, they never wash the hands again so subsequent items become dirty or dusty. Home wear I buy locally since it's cheap enough. Mainly those for going out one, like rompers I would buy from taobao cos they are sold more expensive in SG than there. Expo quite cooling one, and their ceilings are way up there so should not feel stuffy.

JA: I'll scout the whole exhibition. But first stop would be the goon diaper booth.

AG: This friday will be going with mum since hubby cannot take leave. But when it comes to shopping, hubby say I can suddenly become superwoman. Just this weekend where there's the food expo and the john little sale, I go with my mum and went to both. At john little I got a vintage luggage and a big bag of stuff which I stuff inside the luggage and a box of inflatable toy for bb when she grows older. Then I pull the luggage and carry the box (din want my mum to carry cos she old) and went to the food expo and squeeze with ppl to buy food. There I got a big cooler bag to put all the frozen food which I carry over my shoulder and ta bao other food. My mum in the end got help me carry a little stuff. And one big bag here and there, I walk for a total like few hours then home, all the while feeling fine. The backlash (aches, tireness) only came when I reach home and empty my hands. Hahahaha

Rykiel,
No la not brave...haha...just want to go chiong shop, maybe this the last chance liao...last week after my gynae visit I went shopping at mothercare, gap and Robinson, feel so happy after that !!

Ag,
Not too sure if got promotion this fair, only know the mother day promotion rate but did not sign up that time as still undecided, which plan u looking at, I go chk the paper I wrote down. Only promo I know for this fair is sign up with friend, each get $100 shopping voucher.

My mum and sometimes hubby colleagues commented that sometimes they don't feel like I'm pregnant cos I still went on to do stuff they thought pregnant ladies shouldn't be doing. XD

Starfantasy,
U be buying goon ? How many packets will u be stocking up ? I thinking to buy S size but dunno how many to buy...Wondering if nepia is cheap, my fren say can last overnight. Used goon before for my #1 and is gd but haven't tried nepia before.
Yah I also super enthu when come to shopping, as long can buy stuffs alone also can. My hb is v worried when I am left alone to shop, he told me I know Gss is here but must try to control a bit ok ? He also dislike me to do stuff like packing and moving stuffs at hm in my preggy state..but I can't help it...the urge to pack is so strong hahaa.....

JA: Yup, but only for night use or else would be quite xiong on the expenses. I estimate 2 per night (based on hubby colleagues new born bb estimation of 6-7 for 24 hours for pet pet), so i'll be buying 1 pack of newborn and 3 packs of S size. Note sure about nepia. Hubby is quite okie cos he knows I'll call for him if I need help. My mum is the one worried now cos with big belly I still climb high and low. Like you said, the urge is strong and sometimes I rather do things myself as I'm rather specific (hubby say i'm being anal) XD

Starfantasy,
I will buy whichever is cheapest at the fair, huggies, goon or Nepia. Do take note for petpet the Velcro tape produce some sounds when removing, my #1 was quite sensitive to the sound and will get started and wake up when change diaper. The worst is those tape diaper even louder sound produced, but surprising when the thunder sounds doesnt started her at all even during confinement mth..it kept me awake instead..so also depends on baby.. Hee

Back