(2012/08) Aug 2012

bbl: u wrkin wad co. mine also leh. but my table concept open type so ppl walk here n there can see me. so i must k k put things on table to pretend im bz. mine dealing with fireprotection. i wrkin at project-co. U?

hi sharon, i haven't prepare anything at all!
Now just start preparing to start buying from scratch.

I only have a breast pump that my friend offered to pass me, but she has thrown most of her infant stuff away liao. Two of my friends also having their second child this year. Dragon year is really popular!

louise,

plenty of time to shop ard and research cos there are tons of brands out there :p
but definitely v tempted to shop so maybe can get some unisex clothings first
happy.gif

Cheap BB Clothings @ Bugis
Address: Blk 269C Queen St, Cheng Yan Court
Location: Beside Albert Complex, in front of Si Ma Lu Guan Yin Temple
With ur back facing the temple, u should face Blk 269C. Walk into Bencoolen Link to the 2nd row of shops. It’s the 1st shop on ur right.
Remarks: Cothings are sold in half dozen of the same design. Cannot pick n choose colours or mix design. Abt $2-$3 per pc. Basic homewear
Handkerchiefs and towels are cheap

**Cheap BB Stuffs @ Chinatown** (my fav place!)
Shop Name: Cheong Choon
Location: Blk 34 Upper Cross Street (Beside OG Chinatown), #03-132
Contact Person: Winnie Wong
Contact No: 6532 3855 Fax: 6532 7816
Opening Hours: Mondays - Saturdays, 1pm - 7.30/8pm. Closed on Sundays.
Remarks: doesnt have much bb clothes but u can pretty much get the rest of the stuff there, like bb wipes, diaper cream, shampoo, steriliser. maternity pads etc , really cheap!
For big ticket items like strollers, u have to chk out the models at dept stores, then ask them for their price (about 20% cheaper). They carry almost everything including common brands like combi, maclaren,pre prego, etc
Free delivery of $150
it is a very small shop so u need shop ard before u go there

good to go Baby kingdom and Baby Hypermart to take a look for wide variety
Bigger Kiddy Palace outlets is a good place too

or u get baby items when dept store has 20% storewide discount..like this weekend OG has 20% + 5% for maybank card..quite a good deal or when isetan and robinsons have private sale, much more discount

Hello everybody....
I am due on 6 Sep. But most likely have to deliver by 23aug due to c-section.
So I am straddling between Aug and Sep forum....

Ayukie, u buy freestyle is with the hook huh? I still holding the Freestyle bp when I pump.

Hello Miko, Happy Happy.

Rykiel, I also in the July Thread...U shld know which one is me right? Add me to Aug thread. Thanks.

Sashamama, I know you.
happy.gif
You shld know me too. From ttc thread. I changed nick.
happy.gif
Collected the HK MJ from u rem?

Mahjong
Are u feeling better already..pls take care n rest well
its goona be weekend soon..
but i have to go back KL again to settle some hubby family matter..dontknow got time to rest anot..

MJ
gd to know u r better..try to grab as much rest as u can..
i dont think i can rest cos whenever we go KL my son will stick to me n refused any other human being..so in the end i have to pacify a cranky baby..back at home i can ignore him cos he can self entertain n play with his toy..at my in law place he cant..so how to relax..

Thanks Sharon for sharing.

Hee. Or maybe we can arrange a shopping meetup. Bulk purchase ma, then can ask the shopowner for discount. Can you imagine! Buying 10 prams at a time! Should give more discount!

Hehe...

I'm looking forward to the weekend so that hubby can bring me out to see baby stuff. Not sure if it will be cheaper in Taiwan but I'm guessing not. The shopping centers are duper expensive.

In the meantime, MIL is being blah! She is not happy that I don't wanna work for them. Like, she will be unable to control my salary (which is like pathetic) so she has been trying to psycho my hubby to ask me to give up my plans in Sg and work for them, with horror stories (like, if I make it in Sg, I will be flying back 10, 20 times a year). tsktsk.

Evelyn,
i think there are some baby products that originate from taiwan too?
think taiwan shld have very nice baby clothes?
happy.gif

Chrisl,
I also nv take any panadol during pregnant. You may want to try Chamomile tea. You may get those organic de-caffeine. If you feel more comfortable of not taking caffeine tea. But once or twice a cup of coffee and tea actually is ok for preggie woman. Massage the head and rest.

Clim,
This is what I heard from the sales girl before I bought PIS. They claim so far PIS is bulkier and heavier but the best. Freestyle got ppl complain about the suction not good. But PIS ppl using for #3 #4 still going strong and lasting.

BBL,
Uncle give you seats, okie ma… he is nice wor. Some old folks can tell if one is pregnant or not from the way they walk as well.
You must be xtra careful when you are with your #1. Walk down the stairs or even playing with them.
As for bathroom, maybe you can consider buying one anti-slippery matting?

Sashamama,
You are back to work, no wonder never see you posting here for the past few days. How’s day back at work? Don’t stress yourself ya..
Massage, normally those masseur will only recommend from 2nd tri onwards. Your 2nd tri is coming soon. Wait a while… 

Happy,
Welcome!!

HirOsHI-m@,
Hi, welcome to the thread!

Evelyn,
BB stuff in Taiwan is not that expensive especially clothing, and the quality is good as well.
You work in your IL company before married or after married? Why must work forever for them?

Rykiel,
I've pm you my nick in FB. I think we have common friend as well.
happy.gif

Ying Ying,
Hi, have check with the Gynae.

You are right? Both low placenta, semi cover and those placenta fully cover the cervix have risk of bleeding. It happen from 2nd Tri or 3rd tri. It depands on individual. And nothing can prevent this (as in no medication can help). It normally happen when our womb get bigger and he said normally womb stretch from the bottom so will press the placenta to move.

He mentioned try not to do extreme excercise, don't carry heavy stuff and walk too much (like shopping few hours non stop).

And those fully cover one, have to go for c-section. And those placenta low and semi-cover and doesn't move up before EDD, have to go for c-section as well.

Mine this round same as last time as well...hopefully it will move up.

Vinwee~
thanks..after the rest and sleep it is good now! thankfully!!! So many weird dreams since being preggy though! lol
happy.gif

Yogi08~
Same here that other day it was so bad so i popped one pill, it hope to have a drug free bb in me so avoiding if i can..
sad.gif

BBL:
Any idea what products? Then I can go recki.

Vinwee:
Baby clothes at night markets are cheap. But if you are looking at shops or shopping centres, damn ex. But hopefully I'll be able to recki and see if it's more ex than Sg or cheaper.

I'll be back end March for my detailed scan in Sg.

I helped them do international sales and purchasing in Taiwan. The pay is pathetic. Both hubby and I are earning less than what I'm earning in Sg. Long hours, have to work weekends too. No OT pay. More over, need to give his parents 600sgd (automatically deducted from his pay). They say it's for food but nobody cooks in the house. So whatever la, we don't mind giving them money but 600sgd is a lot compared with what we are earning.

And I get shit from the sil and mil. Always a lot of "drama" and it'll always be my fault. A lot of double standard. Mil sides with her children even if they are in the wrong.

Sil confinement also done at our place. Then now mil says, ask me cook myself cause she don't know what I want to eat.

Their thinking is that children should help out at home. Fil knows bout my problems. He is more accepting. The mil listen quietly when I'm around, then when I'm not around, started nagging at my hubby. Say I should stay and help my hubby and I'm like a little girl like that. Keep wanting to go home.

She is afraid that if I have my own earnings, she is unable to control us anymore. Now still can control my salary ma.

Things that they promised my parents during tiqing didn't happen. All empty promises. I'm merely considering the child's future. That's why I decided to venture out. But she likes to tiao po li Jian when I'm not around. I brought things for the grandparents, she say she pass to them. But kept it in her room. I wanna call the elders to wish them happy new year, she dont wanna give me thier number. Will call using her ho and pass to me for a while.

-_-!!! So I just steer clear of her.

Drama. Can't wait to be back in Sg.

Hihi mommies... I'm expecting my #2, due mid-aug... Did my oscar ytd and just received a call fr the clinic that all is good.. Glad to join u all here...
happy.gif

Oh, hi mezzo!!

Gynae visit
My gynae also has no more package. All by per visit now. Not sure how much is the delivery charge yet.

Birdnest
I read about that, certain ppl will have allergy to it. And best is take often as in few times per week but a spoon or two each time instead of one bowl a week. They say better result.

Evelyn,
Ya.. I saw in Shi lin night market there but not those night stall, inside the shop, their cotton quality is better.

You stay with your IL or they stay with you?? Why your SIL do confinement at your plc and you cannot do confinement at your mom's plc??? :p

Then, why your hubby doesn't has his grandparents contact?? Emm... weird in the family systems.. :p

How long have you been with them, i mean staying and working together.

Anyway, 家家有本难念的经 。
happy.gif

Have you decided which Gynae you are seeing back in SG?

Evelyn~
Wow..your In laws sound really very mah fan...if that's the case..why not relocated back to sg? Citing education for child is better..i supposed it's much better than taiwan..

Evelyn, in laws always double std lor.. If possible n u really think relocate back to sg better, then can consider. Or else later may have more dispute on how to bring up kids. Me n hubby choose to stay further away from in laws coz we know sure will have sparks or fire if stay together. PIL didn't help us financially at all coz they wanna control us n stay wif them. But we still manage go through hard time. Although no as wealthy as his bro tat stay with PIL, but we are happier n marriage life more stable. We know tat bro's wife cried often n quarel becoz in laws things. Chinese saying 距离是一中美. Indeed, I think it's true.

Ey jojo
hello. So you expecting no2? so happy to see u here. your no 2 and my no3 same mth again? when's yr expected EDD?
i also received call fm my gynae clinic on my blood test cum Oscar result and all is good as well.

Vinwee:

I'll check out shilin.

1 yr, Staying with in-laws cause at the point of marriage, they say they bought a piece of land to build house for us. Obviously not happening la.

Mil states reason as sil is vegan, and as her mother, she knows her daughter better. Apparently this doesn't apply to me.

I've a gynae in Sg, it took me a very long time for me to explain why Tw gynae is not suitable for me. I had a mc in may cause I spotted and gynae refused to do anything for me, only ask me to rest and let nature takes it course. -_-!!!

QQ:
Have to slowly make my hubby understand. Cause the tw ppl are very proud of their heritage. Keep bragging about how good their education and health care etc. I just keep quiet. Say, japanese and Chinese also come here to see doc. C'mon. It's really chep. I've to give it to them. My gynae appointment here only cost 20sgd inclusive of scan, consultation and medication/supplements. Cheap yes. Good? For you to decide.

Anyway, the good thing is I think she finall accepted that I'll never have it her way, so try to psyco my hubby. Say, siblings have to be united.

To be fair, I did mention that only I'll be leaving the company, my hubby will be staying. So dont know what she is trying to imply. Hubby told me she has good intention, I told him, good intention for her family, not for our future.

headache - i used to drink pocaari sweat (non cold) when i have my migraine n it works. pocarri sweat, an isotonic drink should be ok for us bah comparing to panadol?

my Oscar test result is out. low protein plasma A. Thus has 1:137 for down syndrome. Hubby decided to get second opinion on the test, so got to retake Oscar at Thomson.
If the result still remain high risk, then no choice has to opt for amino test. I wanted to deliver the bb no matter what happened. But my hubby doesn't agree, he wants me to terminate pregnancy if found bb to have confirmed downs after invasive procedures. how?

Yanlin
Go for 2nd opinion n see how. If not gd, best to terminate cos bb suffer , u also suffer. That's my personnel thoughts. U r still young so can try again. My frien done tt b4, heart painbut #2 n #3 v healthy.

Rykiel> I got ur add in fb!
happy.gif
Thanks. Hope to be in the grp soon

Yanlin> communicate with hb again? Bringing up the child needs both parties. In the meantime, dun worry so much abt the results. If u think abt it, the probability is actually less than 1% wor... Dun scare urself k?

Evelyn> then after u deliver here how? U bringing ur kid back to tw? Ur story sounds very scary. I pei Fu u can tahan so long. I think I will snap.

Hi Mummies,
I just wish i deliver now and on maternity leave. No need to work. I really feel demoralise and sad over what my boss say about me just becuase i forget something and never attend a meeting which i think is waste of time just sitting there and listen to her talk to the rest of the ppl. Or to say "Give her support."
Almost going 5th yr in the Co, seeing ppl get promoted within a year or 2 of joining, i still remain in the same position. Arh feeling bad.

Vinwee: thanks you. I went to see specalist le.. He told me it fine and ask me not to worry as he seen any cases. He just told me the placenta will moved up by week 20. Ask me to rest more.
I seen from the ultrasound i oso see the placenta hwve moved up abit. Just pray hard everything is fine .

Back