(2012/08) Aug 2012

AG, ya lo.. that why headache... coz when i bring the maid to my SIL house, cant be I ask my MIL do housework n let maid look after 2 babies mah!

morning ladies!! TGIF!! Today MRT seems slightly less crowded. i guess many pple must have taken leave for their last min shopping/cleaning. i didnt do any of those!! too tired to do anything. cant shop for clothes anyway, we cant wear them later ;p

i haven start searching for any CL or ML yet.. maybe start after CNY. v lazy to call at night cos at night usually very tired already. I'm taking leave next week, can call at home then. hopefully still got someone that i can book!

sandy>> dunno leh.. just feel like i am swollen up and bloated.. I admit i eat a bit saltish becos the taste buds very blend.. I feel like a balloon now. >__<

AG>> I was glad for a moment then another moment is like I am only 9 weeks.. so fast so obvious.. think fat + preggie = balloon. I think this is part where have to psycho myself is ok.

I am a contradicting mum to be. haha!

Maids working in two households are very common. Describe to the agent before hiring, they will understand. Tell the maid upfront too and tell them that they bring the baby to PIL house so that PIL can help. Otherwise maid has to do housework and take care of baby all alone. At PIL house, they only do housework, actually easier for the maid. Tell the maid frankly how big is the family (how many pple they have to cook for and wash clothes for).

Kitty> better book early.. my cousin in law called Ada and she is fully booked already.. she has a sister mariam also very good.

Bright, just saw your last msg, issit, maybe i always ask before he ask.. Hahaha.. Mine booked at 27 Jan leh, last slot for 2pm, they tried for me 30 and 31 all fully booked..

morning
Was on mc yesterday...today also mc but no choice but to drag myself to work..if not boss will think i chao keng..damn sian.
i am sneezing all the way lo..so tired..no strength..

Thanks for all advise on bb carrying.. ;)

Actually I never really carry due to the weight.. I only lift her up a bit and put on my lap... Cos I understand we can't carry heavy things.. She is only 11 months btw..

I was only worry bout the pantang issue.. Dunno what "xiao Qi".. Haiz.. Anyway yday when on my way home.. I keep talking to my tummy.. Haa.. Try to assure not to be xiaoqi.. Keep saying I love u and be good.. Hope it's help!!
Cos I really dunno got such myth.. Hope 无知者无罪!!

TBU >> u r a childcare teacher?

cathy, its always a headache cos we cant get our mum/mil to do housework and they look after babies but then again they know their rights. I also told the maid agencies and the maids right before I hire them. whatever you say prior wont work or even they sign, once after 3-6months, those issues will arise. pray hard you will get a good one.
jojo be happy and thankful that you get privilege. stay positive
happy.gif

Kitty >> I drink a lot of water everyday. Maybe some stuck inside me.. haha but i am a person with water retention by nature even before pregnant.

AG>> Thanks! I think its hormones problems.. gets upset with the current look easily. Sighs.. Will try not to be obsessed with how ugly i look now.

ET : Ops... really cross my fingers that there'll be slot for me when I go and see Dr Fong on 27th. Hopefully they allow walk-in as last resort.... hahaa

Hi all,
Do u have cvs test done? It's a placenta sampling to detect any abnormalities. My gynae has scheduled me on te test on 31/1

Xin_starz- nopee am part-time teachin at a enrichment centre.
Full time doing IT Job.

Yoyo everyone happpie chinese new year xxoo!!^^
let's all stay healthy n happie for baby &amp; our sake!

Hello Mummies,

I just like to share with you that Cordlife is now offering those who sign up (up till 12 Feb 2012) a $100 shopping voucher when you put my name as a friend who has referred you to Cordlife. (I will also receive a voucher from Cordlife, so its a win-win partnership;-)

You may PM me for my I/C and full name to be included when you fill up your registration.

Thank you

Etan my girl was sick and I got to SMS long long story and go back office to take my things cos I scare she think I chao geng too.

Jojo I wear loose clothes and my colleagues all never ask me yet. Maybe u can try?

Yes AG, now I wear only the same few clothes. Dunno pple will suspect or not. Once I ear v casual and my colleague ask I got to say cos my clothes still in washing machine haven dry.

Btw I also haven call CL or ML yet and still hoping can find one gd one.

BBL, jia you endure. Yar lor we all have to show we really working hard. My dear colleague purposely take mc last min. She buai paisei one.

thanks mahjong.. i will try..

Anybody any idea when will we be able to feel the kicks and punches from the little fella? Week 20 onwards?

cant imagine the feel when the time comes.

Just now I was waiting for my food and talking to my colleague then I suddenly felt like I am going to faint but thank God only a short while. I cannot image i faint while waiting for food..
sad.gif

hi ladies,
till date i'm still spotting (red blood)... gynae did a pap smear for me to see if everything is going to be okie... while doing so, he actually found a polyp in my vagina and that is the likely cause of my bleeding... =) everything else is okie from the u/s and saw the pair of little hands waving at us! =)

wishing all the mommies here a very happy lunar new year! HUAT AH!!!

sandy, take care! =)

hey Sandy, were you too hungry?

it's impt not to wait till you are too hungry before you eat. when i first started MS, i realise that i get nauseous before i eat and after i eat, but that's cos i actually waited till i was hungry to eat ( which was too late cos i would already feel nauseous), and i would eat a normal pre-pregnant meal, which now is way too much for a single meal. and i will feel nauseous again. it's super chiam i tell you.

now i manage it better, so i put biscuits ( meiji ones are great) with me all the time, and i munch on them once i can.

@ CVS vs OSCAR - i actually think OSCAR is more invasive as per the babycentre content. so i think cos yanlin has spotting, so doc recommend a less invasive CVS than OSCAR. see below from baby centre

"Women who choose to have CVS or amniocentesis are primarily those at increased risk for genetic and chromosomal problems, in part because these tests are invasive and carry a small risk of miscarriage."

Jljt, glad to hear that the little one is waving.

Sandy, eat small freq meals. I do feel dizzy at times too cos did not eat in times.

Ling, Oscar test is drawing of blood and detailed ultrasound compared to cvs and amnio which is using a needle to poke into tummy and find the space between the baby and placenta to draw the amnio liquid sometime like that so of course Oscar test shld be less invasive because there is no poking of the tummy. Any wrong for the cvs and amnio might hurt the fetus and result in miscarriage. Those who donthese test cannot move when they poke the needle. Cannot sneeze or jerk.

Hi,
Mt E doesnt have NT or Oscar Test. They only got CVS Test. I believe that because I conceive thru fertility treatment, thus has increased risks. Maybe i will talk to my gynae on the next visit.
Just to share with you all, I was in cramps and pain, then i sang lullaby to the little one. Then the pain stopped. I have to rest well by now.

<font color="0077aa">wow, seems like lots of mummies here have engaged CL and the massage lady! i was thinking of doing that after the 1st trimester..... hope im not too late!

yanlin>> why will conceiving thru fertility treatment has increased risks? i was seeing the same fertility dr as you but that wasn't mentioned to me? you do not accept PM, can i check with you offline?</font>

Ling,
I not sure if I am hungry cos I feel like going to puke even before i stepped into the resturant.

Mahjong,
Nowaday no appetite, i already started to lost weight.This pregnancy totally different from my #1 when I can eat like normal and totally feel nothing. Haiz..

@ mahjong - so you mean CVS is the chou yang shui that people always talk about? hhmm seems like i get it wrong then..

anyway mummies, i had a spontaneous sneeze earlier in the car, and i think i must have jerked a little forward while sneezing, and i felt an acute pain on my lower abdominal ( exactly where doc will do the U/S) for about 4-5 seconds, after which i rubbed my tummy and the pain went away.

i dont want to sound too dramatic, but i really hope it didnt affect my baby! that impromptu sneeze!!

Ling yes cvs is Chou yang shui.

Sneezing got a bit of pain shld be alright. I also sneeze sometimes too hard a bit pain but shld be alrite.

Chorionic Villi Sampling (CVS). During the 10th to 13th week of pregnancy, a small sample can be taken from the placenta, a membrane that partially surrounds the developing fetus. This procedure is performed either transcervically (through the vagina) or transabdominally (through the abdominal wall).

Amniocentesis – During the 14th to 24th week of pregnancy, a sample of amniotic fluid can be drawn. The amniotic fluid, found in the sac surrounding the developing fetus, contains fetal cells that can be used for DNA analysis. Sampling is performed transabdominally—a needle is inserted through the abdominal wall to extract amniotic fluid.

Both of these procedures, which are used to test for genetic birth defects and other possible health problems with the baby, are performed by an OB/GYN. Because the procedures are invasive, there is a slight risk of infection and a smaller risk of miscarriage. We urge the mother to consult her OBGYN for more information about these risks.

You will need to pay a separate physician’s fee for prenatal sampling, ranging from $500-$1,500. If the mother is having the CVS or amniocentesis sample collected for medical purposes (in addition to paternity), her insurance company may cover this fee.

Ling
Truth. Don even comment on others kid b4 preggy too. Mykids glue to my hb cos last time he comment my guy friend kid v close to him which is weird.

Cathy
When u approach e agency, tell them wat u need. They will help u. Look for 1 tt more shui Bian. I got mine n we did inform Her need to help at sil plc n she is ok. She wif me for3 yes plus n I got 2 kids n 2 dogs. No matter we go my sil or mom Plc, she help in housework n washing there.

Good Morn Mummies.. 2 more days to lunar cny..
happy.gif

Yday I went to Frenz house for steamboat.. After the steamboat, my face turn white then I went home early.. Otw home I got a great Merlion on selective food.. Crabmeat, Mushroom and Hotdog.. My stomach is rejecting it..

Gd Morn, so sian working on sat >.<
mummies that book Mdm Ida, we will just book her and tell her our EDD? what if we give birth early? Then we need to look for other ML?

good afternoon all! Guess everyone's busy with cny preparation.. just went for my 2nd gynae visit n saw the baby's hands and legs waving.. n I gained 300g.. gynae say it's insignificant, will wait to see how much weight I put on after cny.. a few more weeks to go to 2nd trimester.. hopefully all our MS will get better.. Happy CNY in advance! =)

Urchin, u are so cute, u track 300g. Hee really Insignificant. Anyway don't worry about not putting on weight, at the later stage, we will put on weight very fast. Just now I went to a shop called osmore at Tampines and bought few pants. The material is elastic and soft, nice and not too exp too.
Enjoy ur cny ahead!

Hi everyone!

Has anyone got any ML to recommend please?
happy.gif

The ML which my colleague recommend is fully booked for August
sad.gif

Happy Happy Lunar New Year!
happy.gif

94249829 here is madam Idas number.

Dee MTB,
Finally my hubby agreed to let me have a confinement lady. I booked before getting his consent. Anyway, I told him I m gonna to pay my own. also highlighted to him that at least he doesn't need to feed bb at night. Glad that at least I have extra helping hands.

Back