(2012/07) Jul 2012

Joanne, I'mthinking to try fenugreek to boost supply Lor. My supply pathetic, only ard 4ml on both breasts after pump! No direct latch yet as bb rejects.

Hello mummies,

I would like to join this thread. I have been a silent reader all these while since reading your posts on morning sickness till your discomforts in the last trimester including maid issues, etc. I did not want to join the discussion as I was not sure if my pregnancy would have a successful outcome till the very last day I delivered my baby safe into my arms. Anyway my pregnancy is complicated so don't want to talk too much about it and scare the current mummies who have not delivered yet.

I delivered my baby gal on 3rd July at 36 weeks at TMC. I have a 7 year old son in P1 so I'm grateful to God for giving another child to love and nurture and of course going through the sleepless nights and breastfeeding and pumping and other what-have-yous of taking care of babies. The experience I have 7 years ago and current are so different. Firstly my no 1 was delivered with epidural. No 2 was without and I never expected the pain of pushing the baby out was so excruciating. However the pain only lasted less than 10 mins. Secondly, I have a maid this time, so at least there's someone to do the cooking and laundry and I can rest more. Thirdly breastfeeding is not so boring now that I can do face booking and surf net using my iPad at the same time.

Hope to journey with you gals on this new life we are embarking.

One more thing I want to share with you especially for the new mummies. As I read some of your posts, I can feel your anxiety in trying to breastfeed and give the best to your baby. A doctor once told when I was feeling this way after the birth of my no 1, do not feel guilty if you have to supplement the feeds with FM if you are unable to give enough BM, it does not make you less of a mother. The road ahead is still long, just do your best and try to rest more.

cherish,
I'm also on fernugeek and domperidone. My bb gal is 12 days old but I'm also producing 20ml each feed. Don't give up ok? I'm feeding her with fm and bm cos the latter is not enough.

congrats on arrival on ur baby gal =) i also start taking part in the thread at 5 mths pregnant onwards hehe still waiting for my baby to decide when she want to come!

Posted on Monday, July 09, 2012 - 1:19 pm:       
Hi mummies,
I'm May'12 mummy and have a mint condition cinch wrap to let go at $60, u may refer to product details at the link :

http://bebeavenue.com.sg/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=89

The one I'm selling is with the pouch to put hot/cold pack. Size XS-M.

I personally have 2 cinch wraps and swear by it. I manage to regain a flat tummy within a month without Malay binding. Initially I planned for c-section so I bought the cinch wrap with the pouch. However my baby decided to arrive early and I delievered naturally so used another one without the pouch lend from my fren.

PM me if u are keen.

Hi mummies,
I'm May'12 mummy and have a mint condition cinch wrap to let go at $60, u may refer to product details at the link :

http://bebeavenue.com.sg/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=89

The one I'm selling is with the pouch to put hot/cold pack. Size XS-M.

I personally have 2 cinch wraps and swear by it. I manage to regain a flat tummy within a month without Malay binding. Initially I planned for c-section so I bought the cinch wrap with the pouch. However my baby decided to arrive early and I delievered naturally so used another one without the pouch lend from my fren.

PM me if u are keen.

<font color="aa00aa">Fully covered cotton jersey nursing cover, nursing tea, lansinoh and fenugreek for sale
happy.gif

http://www.mummyslovenursingcover.blogspot.sg/</font>

Rykiel, dun mean to scare u but when I went for my 35th wk scan, dr told me baby v low and to be prepared. I delivered 4 days later. So u better be v v prepared for ur baby to be out anytime. Get hospital bag ready.

Java, sblbee,
Thanks for ur encouragement. I'm trying to pump diligently n whatever bm I can give to my gal, I'm contented. The rest will supplement wif fm first. I will work hard!
happy.gif

linggie, thanks for ur well wishes! Hope that ur baby girl will arrive soon too
happy.gif

cherish, no problem. We should be there for each other to encourage and root for one another. Let's jiayou together....
happy.gif

MummyDee,
I am cupfeeding bb at the moment, in case of nipple confusion. However, my #1 didnt have any problems switching from teat to breast at all. Im not sure if it's just him, or bcos we used latex teats. If u are latching bb on in the daytime, Im thinking bb should be able to switch more easily.

However, my CL prefers to cupfeed as she said that it's faster. My gal finishes abt 70-80ml in 15mins. But I suspect not all d milk will go into her mouth, cos some will spill out. If suck, she may fall asleep.

Cherish, meiing5,
Ya, jiayou jiayou jiayou! Slowly does it. After u pass this initial period, u can enjoy the convenience of not hvg to bring out milk and bottles for a long time
happy.gif

When I am pumping my left breast, I realised my pj is wet on the right nipple.. I thought it is just water after my shower.. But it happened again when I pumped, why?? How do I contain the milk and don't waste it??

ourlovestory, the reason why you leak on the right while pumping on the left is due to the "let down" effect. You need to wear a breast pad or shield or use a dual pump in order to get milk from both breasts.

Ourlovestory,
Some people buy this thing called a milk collector so as not to waste the milk. But to save money, u can hold an empty bottle below your non-pumping breas (if you're on single pump). Or ask hb to help if too many things to hold.

When u move on to dual pumping, it'll be easier.

I am going to shower at least twice a day, with just confinement shower gel. Don't even wanna boil the herbal water.. Don't like it. Just have to blow dry hair..

I am trying dual pump today.. Hopefully there is some milk milk ;)

I only bath once a day but it is super hot n I feel so smelly after all the sweating... I m using my normal shower gel.. Got confinement shower gel one meh??

Ourlovestory,
I haven't buy fenugreek yet. Will get it after discharge today.
Yes, there's a confinement herbal for shower. Can get fr medical halls. As for shower gel, I think I saw someone selling in smh bp before.

Jonmom, thx thx!

ourlovestory,
I only moved to dual pump after there is some milk from both breast. That was what I was advised. Before that I was doing the 5 minute each breast for a total of 30mins. I find that if I let my breast rest in between, there is letdown and hence some milk. If you find that there is no milk or little milk now, dual pumping for 15 minutes right away might be too shiong for the breast now, and it's gonna hurt.

Thanks Joanne &amp; Jomomm- for your assurance about nipple confusion!

I tried to latch during the day, but as I'm having post-natal massage, the binding (benkung) making it difficult for me to BF comfortably - added stress does cause the milk supply to dropped. So I will pump after massages, and only BF later on (5 hours later) after I showered...

I've started baby on bottle/teat (Avent), and ask my mom to slowly feed him (not allowing him to suckle from the teat too much - coz that's easy work flow - compared to latch need to work for milk)
Already I noticed everytime bb try to latch, he'll search for the "bottle" with frustration only until he give up then latch.. quite heart-pain to see him struggling! So, for now I'll diligently pump and latch as much possible!

Jomomm: that's what I thought will be too hash for my breast but coz of the let down so I m trying to pump both sides now.. My right side has no milk pumped out.. Watever I have I just let down
sad.gif
I m eating threadfin for every meal already !!

okie i m back after mia for so long from this forum.. but i m still trying to catch up with all the archives.. haha..
i usually log in fb more often so u see me commenting there more often dan over here..
recently too busy to log in to forum oso..
n manager is seeing wat i m doing since i m going for my maternity leave soon..

my gyne last week told me to rest more n try not to walk too much hence i try to tabao food in the morning n keep till lunch dan eat.
i think i shall start my maternity leave on 23rd july which means next friday is my last working day before i start my ml!!!
wheeeeeee...

anyway mummies regards to breastmilk dun give urself too much stress k..
its okie to give bb formulae milk initially..till u got breast milk coming in..even no breast milk oso nvm=) as long as u n bb both healthy can le..

i plan to work till i pop but these 2 days i m so tired goodness...now abit tempted to start ML early!
my boss allow me to work from home though, i keep chop chop finish my handover before i dream of starting ML

linggie: i oso wanna work till i pop..which is 31st july.. but dan hor i feel super extreme tired recently.. so i decide to take a week before..was thinking shld i start next monday or not..but its like abit too fast liao.. haha.

high five, i am also 31st July. i definitely cant start next monday, havent finish handover, aiya got the mentality want to work till the end so now abit panicking!
yes...i am feeling v tired in the day also, even working from home also tired haha

ourlovestory,
Will eating threadfin help in milk production? I think papaya fish soup is better leh.

If there is no milk pumped out, I think maybe should stick to single pump, 5 minutes each side for total of 30minutes, i.e 3 rounds.

Or could it be that your ducts are blocked? Must massage before pumping. You may wanna consider seeing LC for advice.

Rykiel, mine is #1! Anyway, better to prepare early just in case. You are expecting #2 and for most cases dilation for subsequent deliveries usually quite fast.

Joyjaven n linggie- I also same as u. Wanna work till deliver but handover still in midst Lei...getting heavier n more tired as day passes... Movement very restricted like tat. Sigh..thinking of requesting work frm home week after if haven pop then. Trying not to walk or move Abt too much meantime.

Help mommies- I can't seem to stop eating! Anyone same as.mi? Been putting on 1.5kg a week nw...dunno y like tat. Hw to curb? I tried eating fruits wen hungry then will move on to potato chips n chops for fulfillment. In the end eating twice as much..
sad.gif
prob is I'm putting all the weight not bb...

ourlovestory, i also bathe once a day nia. Ley chey with the herbal water plus it tends to be very hot so i got to mix in with water from the shower head before i can pour on my body.
To collect those precious drops from the other breasts while you are pumping one side, you can use the collection shells. Avent sells them.

I bathe and wash my hair daily with my usual shower gel and shampoo ... can't be bothered with herbs and all. All my energy already spent on feeding baby. Heh.

bhoo: u mk me kancheong. haha. idk what shud i pack into hospital bag. one set of newborn clothings, cap, mittens, booties, swaddle, my own go-home clothings, charger, earpiece?

Hi Bhoo
Thks for the link to buy the medela parts, just to confirm that the breast shield tt u has been toking abt refering to the funnel size part tt attach to our breast right? Just to confirm before buy..;) thk u..

Regarding bm, i feel my supplies not enough for two bbies as they grow older day by day... Last time still can drink bm on day time but now must mix bm with fm else they cant sleep... This really makes me more n more demoralise despite me drink more green papaya soup oso no use..... Sadz..;( do u gals feel the same too?

Joanne, u are not alone in your feeling. But u already very capable liao cause u got two babies to feed. Try not to give yourself too much stress ok. we do the best we can within our limits..hugzz.

jo, need to do more latching and dry pumping i.e. pump even though small trickles of milk left. the more demoralize u feel, the lower ur supply yah? giving FM is not a bad thing while u get ur supply up. in fact, it's a good thing cos u r thinking of ur babies!
happy.gif

rem to massage before latching. after latch, if not enuff feed FM. then u go and pump for about 10mins each side. next few feeds do the same. if they wake up before 3hrs, jus do the same. if they wake up more than 3hrs, just go and wake them up. use 3hrs as the standard.

Joanne, the breast shield is the funnel that comes into contact with your breast =)
Like what the rest of the mummies say, dun get too stressed over breastfeeding. When I was fretting over not having enuff BM and have to supplement with FM, my HB told me that it's not a bad thing cos now baby gets the best of both BM and FM =).

Rykiel, must remember to bring 1 or 2 sets of pyjamas. Best is those front opening ones to facilitate breastfeeding.

Mommies, one thing I did for baby despite pain and sweat of massaging n squeeing both breast one at a time, to hand express the colostrum into a spoon ... And sringe or spoon fed to baby! I guess that's my welcome present to him...

I tried use pump to extract colostrum.. But I realized the amount was so small it all either stuck in the pump funnel(trumpet) or bottle. It is also the texture of colostrum are thick and sticky making it hard to reach from bottom of bottle

Something to consider...

Also... Regardless of where U will deliver.. Remember, Don't be shy to ask the LC or nursery nurses (who push the baby to you) to teach you how to latch!!

I delivered in GlenE, and the nurses all are very supportive and helpful on total BF.. I managed to TBF my #2 today... So jia you!!

Hi ladies, despite a 17 July EDD, I popped last Fri, 6th July. C-sect after 34 hrs.

Not sure if it's relevant, but Wed evening after work, I went for Brazilian waxing to prep for labour (just in case) and Thu am, while prepping to go for my last day of work, I felt something keep leaking out. Decided to pop by gynae who cfm waterbag broke. I wonder if the waxing might have been a contributing factor?

Back