(2012/07) Jul 2012

Mommies who successfully BF-ing direct, I got question on how you do it?

My boy started w latch at hospital, but at home i will latch as much possible abd then I express and give through bottle if seems not enough or during night feed. I feel nowadays he seems to prefer bottle. Every time give him breast he will cry very badly or sleep or suckle-sleep...

Can share any tips? I stop spoon-feed on day 7-8 coz my mom is my CL, I want her to have some rest after night feeding too hence allowing bottle .

Bambi,
My bb also feed like that. It's usually a range, between 70-100ml. Time can be between 2-5hours.

Rykiel,
Yes, KKH shd hv LC regardless of room type bah. And they also have nursing gown. So, no need to bring unless u wan to look pretty in your own.

Don't talk abt no 1 and no 2. My nephew also siao siao got one time say wan to give toys to my bb inside; another time say wn to throw her into the rubbish bin cos ah ku cant play with him need to go hm cos bb in my tummy I need to rest. Crazy lor. But like dat one. My dad say when I was young, I secretly beat my bb bro cow I don't like him when he was born! Wahhhaaaaa - but seen by my dad.

lili_gal: I sent in my request already but not in group leh.. Sent in before I gave birth until now.
sad.gif

Hihi, 34 hrs labour... I start counting from when waterbag broke but no pain/ contraction for the next 14 hrs or so. Then pain for the next 7 hrs till my dose of epidural administered. Then after wait for baby to turn his head, even tried the Madagascar 'Move it' song to no avail. Haha. Finally agreed w doc we've given the labour enough time to run its course. Just c sec bah!
The LC at Mt E was insistent on Fennel tea for breastmilk production. So insistent that my sis who was eating in my room went immediately to Marketplace to buy for me immediately. But the LC super low EQ. After squeezing my breasts till so sore and painful, then walk off say, no point, no milk, don't torture yourself, I feed him 1 dose of glucose water ... In front of my MIL who is insinuating that I feed FM and not starve her grandson! Jeez! Super upset! Milk not in, already upsetting enough, I broke down and ordered fm for him. Think no need to be too harsh also cos w fm, he managed to pee and poo and bring down his jaundice level. So as an interim measure... Lucky hubby is supportive and hallelujah milk came in the next day! So still breastfeeding fully these days.
The low-EQ-LC who swore by Fennel tea, claims it works faster than Fenugreek and that Australia is adopting that these days. ( in case any ladies wanna try, note that it's durietic, kept making me run for the loo)

I prefer pump to direct latch, if my milk supply is ok for now, if I con't pump only and no direct latch, will I find my milk supply decreasing? Any idea/advise? Thanks!

citizen,
Some people find that their milk supply either cannot increase, or will decrease without any latching.

But for me, I find it ok. Supply is increasing slowly. In fact, I trial and error, and find that my yield is the same per hour even if I drag to 4 or 5 hours. So, I'm pumping less often now actually.

Mornin everyone.. Check wif all mummy, does u encounter
this problem b4. This mornin I realise that my pig legs has
get back to my original size, does it mean I gg to labour soon.
Currently I still in week 37 gg to week 38 soon..

Qris what is your FB name? I cleared all my mails leh. Did you join correct group?

Xuanxuan, hmmmm hv to b active lor or else not fair to others who kept sharing. At least u know instantly that you were taken off right? I'll add back first....

Hi,
Been some time since I last visited here.. House politics is more political than work for me too.. It's so draining, esp when I have a demanding MIL.

It gives me unnecessary stress esp during this period.
sad.gif

Unable to catch up with all postings... So I just scanned thru only :p

Is the free international shipping for carters still available??

Cherish: I m also a clean freak.. Yes, I do see ANTS now!! It is so irritating! Coz of the red date water.. But I have to close one eye on it as I do not have any helper and can depend on my hubby only.. In fact the whole house is very dirty now! *shake shake head...

Liligal,
Yes, very politics now. Can imagine there was another 'volcano' erupting yesterday just because who was going to bring My boy back fr school? Faint.. I think hb going crazy soon.

Ourlovestory,
Sometimes I can't stand it till I cleaned e table myself! Really can't wait for wound to recover so that I can do some stuff by myself.

i tink my bb is only comfort sucking while i breastfeed due to low milk supply.
yah, lili gal, im trying to pump s long s i can. 3 hrs interval ok? but sometimes at nite, im too tired to do the pumping. sighz.. need b more proactive
wonder if my milk supply cm in, will bb still do comfort sucking or will start to swallow my milk?

is it ok to leave fresh express milk out for 2hrs? read wong bb book say ok for 4 hrs. need to heat the express milk?
my bb dont seem to like stored expressed milk even after heating up. duno if we do wrongly or what.

just curious, hw do u all clean ur pump? do ur sterilise each time u pump? for me, nw i wash with deter. and air dry and sterilise once a day (as per manual instructions)

Seems like a lot mummies have pop!
I m still waiting for my bb girl to be ready, at 38 weeks 2 days nw. Quite worried bout BF after reading all e comments here.. Stress...

Cherish: must 忍and close one eye.. Don't do it yourself k.. You still have maid to help you.. Most imply is to take care of your body now.. After 1 mth we can do a 大扫除!! Wash and clean everything !! Ha ha....

Bambi: I also have low milk supply but I am still trying with the support of all July mummies too! Try liligal SOP, she is a pro!! Hee hee... We can jia you together k!

Can I ask if I should feed my bb with some water if on FM now??

ok added both mummyfrog and karena. welcome and pls be active yah?

qris, still no see u leh... no more outstanding requests.

ourlovestory,
Someone posted that Carters don't ship to Singapore.
sad.gif

Cherish,
Must ren ok. Get well first, get well first. The more you rest now, the faster you'll get there. Must adop a "boh chup" attitude for now.

bambi,
Is alright to leave outside. But I normally will still keep in fridge, unless give my #1 within one hour. I don't reheat.

I sterilise the necessary parts after every pump. CL helps do it.

Hi Gals,
Like to check with u.. I notice my milk is abit diluted which means not full white color but abit translucent white, anyone can advise why is it so? As i notice my bbies are not full always so maybe due to milk too diluted..;( any advise r welcome... Thk u..

Hey Joanne, so pai say. I also found out last nite that they don't consider Singapore under their international shipping. I was so happy clicking away into my cart, in the end... Super disappointed.

Cherish, like jojomom says, dun care so much. With my first one, I was also very stressed. Plus the hormones, really very emo. Now I take things easy. Much happier.

Joanne, that is normal. As time goes along, our milk will change in composition also. Could be you have more foremilk than hind milk in that batch.

Hi Cherish
Am still monitoring on my maid but i see her busy daily till night too as has to wash n prepare our food etc.. Just feel that my CL is asking her to do many things so tt she can relax herself.. Sigh.. My CL earn 3k but can see she very kian.. My clothes suppose to wash by her oso asks my maid wash.. Initially she wants my maid to help wash bb clothes too n i reject say that maid may not wash clean so she LL and got to wash lor..she got lots of time on the phone until i told her off say we engage her to help take care bbies and not me take care since i need to rest more now.. Then next day she no more phonecall liao.. Btw gals, do u wash ur bb mouth daily before bath? Why my giam CL say no need wash daily as the tongue skin will get thinner, she say wash every 2-3 days will do.. True mah? As i remember last time my CL wash my elder boy mouth daily leh.. Not sure is it she lazy? Arrggg... Hv no time for maid now but she looks ok when stay at hm.. Guess wht, my few neighbours know i give birth n congrat my hb when see him, when he asks how they know, they say my maid tell their maid when i hospitalise.. Faintz..

mummydee, the link doesn't seemed very accurate from other articles i have read even though it's from a medical foundation. suggest to consider other articles e.g. those from babycenter or what to expect...

jo, i agree with dot, seemed like u hv more foremilk vs hind milk. need to pump longer or latch longer. that's why this LC at Mt A ask me to latch 30mins on one side... can see my baby growing very chubby and i'm on TBF only compared to the past with my #1.

btw, so ur maid picking up already? no more fancy visits or shows?

Hi J03,

your CL from PEM also right? realise hor, really luck in getting CL leh..mi counting down to end of confinement in few days soon.. looks like i cannot owe a maid or else later i become the maid leh...hahahha
happy.gif
WOW your maid not good in keep secrets leh..better be careful what u say to her next time leh...

hi liligal, din see you in June thread posting for a long long time...how are you coping huh?

Joanne,
It could also be due to the number of days since delivery. My milk in the first week or so was also kind of translucent. I think it changed to white around Day 5 or 6.

My CL wash my bb's mouth everyday leh. Worried will get thrush mah. If you want wash daily, can tell CL. She should do it bah... But if dun wana clash so much with her, then you monitor your babies' tongue.

If CL from PEM, can complain to PEM if really not doing her job well. (oh, I so bad...!)

Hello everyone!

need some help here. Anyone has any good massage ladies to recommend? my edd was supposedly 23 jul but doc say may be late.
sad.gif
my contacts on hand are not working from 8/16 Aug due to hari raya so i need some alternatives. Any help pls?

mummmies..

can anyone tell me how contractions feel like?
My EDD is 30 jul but doc has said the bb head is low. i am kinda worried as we need to wait for my hubby to fly back next Thursday..

hopefully my bb will wait for daddy..

Hi sunbelle
Ya, shes fr PEM.. Actually she is the one on TV recently.. Remember the recent chinese 前线追中 abt CL for twins and there is this lady who carry twins in her both hand? I thot she shd be gd since she is on TV.. But i find she very giam lor.. Sigh..

Hi dot, liligal n jomom
Thks for ur advise on bm.. Me already deliver 14days so thot the milk suppose to be white... Will see how ba.. Btw, anyone take any supplement fr GNC fenugreek? Or any other supplement tt can work to increase more bm? Actually, i latch one breast each side for one bb so shd hv hindmilk ba..n yet they still hungry after feed..;( at 14days, my bbies drinking 40ml of fm and some bm.. Is it too little? How much r ur bb drinking now?

My maid got no time to go out chu pattern.. May test her to go bring my boy back fr school n see whether she go chit chat again..else will hv to asks my boyback fr school himself n i worry as need to cross the roads at 9yrs old..;(

ashley, you might want to try madam sarimah 97207089, tell her recommended by Ronni. rate is about $60/session. i used her for post-natal massage for 3days. her binding is good and tight.

sunbelle, been more active in FB cos easier to update. this thread must use PC or else v difficult to read and post from phone.
happy.gif

join the FB group. don't need to reveal ur personal info as it is a group FB page as long as u dun be-friend anyone, ur personal page is still private.
happy.gif

Hi mummies, sorry to interrupt. I'm helping my babysitter to look for her next charge, can start from Sep onwards. Tampines area, day time weekdays. If interested please PM me. Thanks!

Did someone (was it Joanne?) mention they are looking for PISA big funnel? The 27ml funnel pump thingy? I have. Never used. My set came with the 24ml (which I'm using) and the 27ml. Can sell you at gd rate. :p Email me at [email protected].

Tracy - contractions can be different for different people. For my #1, it was having a very aching lower back. All along, I thought that contractions should be from the tummy but I was wrong. Then for my #2, I was expecting an aching back too but this time it was more like a more intense menstraul cramp.

Despite being a mom of 3 and having successfully bf my elder 2 for 20 mths, I am currently experiencing bfing woes... Sighz. My #3 does not want to latch and simply refuse the breast. It has also resulted in a decrease in my ss. Furthermore, at her checkup earlier this week, we found that she has not gain enough weight. Despite being 2 weeks old alr, she has not regain the weight that she lost at birth. Couple with her jaundice lvl not going all the way down, we had to supplement with formula every alternative feed to bring the jaundice lvl down as well as to try to boost her weight up.

We tried to cup feed her but was unsuccessful. As such we resorted to giving the bottle. My latching experience with her went downhill after that. Sighz. I am really at a lost and dunno what to do. I am still hoping tat I can get her to re-latch but am really at a lost on how to go abt it. Sorry for venting here.

Hi citizen
Yes, is me.. ;) hv email u.. Thks for remembering me... Till now i still didnt use the pump which is white elephant now..;(

oh no! i been experiencing aching back T.T
pray bb will wait....

can any mummies advise what to pack in for bb for the hospital bag if delivering at TMC?

Back