(2012/07) Jul 2012

Shann, ahhh.. ur hubby in pilot training? if so, usually they will hv not much time and under quite a lot of stress too. will be hard for both of u and family then. then again, being apart is really no good. can't rough it out and start again when u r bk in sg? btw, stay in hospital better cos u get to rest and there's all the nurses to help you. usualy jaundice kicks in on 3rd day so i usually stay to monitor also rather than travelling up and down.

cookie, i thought was enfalac? i dun see enfamil here. is that the international version? meanwhile i din bother to standby anything cos if really needed, can jus go down to buy. so far i direct latch fully and no problems at all. colostrum in on 1st day and milk came in quite fast too.

rer rer, how can mil do such thing? actually for us, i let my hubby handle his mum and i handle mine. so if mil do such thing, hubby will hv to go talk to her. if realy cannot, u might want to act blur and ask "errrm... do you want me to buy some bolster and blankie for niece since she's like not having enuff? boy boy can't sleep without his own" ;) btw, i try to stamp all negative words out cos i think those words are powerful. kids are sensitive and i only want them to hear the right stuff in the positive fashion. mk sure ur hubby is on ur side yah?

Lilgal, my hb bochup usually n nt sensitive abt these things. I dun care lo, I take his pillow n bolster let him hug when he slp lo. Niece got her own wat! I dun understand my ils keep the new bolster n pillow in cupboard for wat . If next time didi go over I will take bk my boy bolster n let him use. ESP when my boy is so possessive over his things nw...... I told my hb I can't blame him for being angry cos I myself dun understand y they got for meimei new ones must use our boy's. He is only 30 mths old hw to understand? The ikea high chair I got for my boy become a storage for niece's ugly chucky looking china doll

I oso dowan to make myself upset or wat just that sometimes I feel very unfair when mil look after my boy, I bought everything fr diapers to even detergent, dun let old folks spend on my boy unnecessarily. My ils can buy 2 boxes of bottled bird nest for my sil n she can still reply nt must brew one meh? My mil Nvr buy even a bottle for me this time lo ok! I gonna wait till I deliver then make the comment to my hb!!!

Hubby cooked dinner and I finished it all! At least he understands eating the same tasting dishes everyday is torturing even if it's good for me, but menu can be changed. Old thinking hard to change. I'm just happy that I had something different today. *contented*
happy.gif

Liligal, thanks for the product name. I'm not sure too, forgot to grab a small can when I was back in sin so was looking for what the right product name is since a friend is coming over, can tompang. The enfa milk sold here r made in thailand. I didn't standby any FM for no 1 either who was on tbf for quite sometime, but if this time really necessary I might reconsider the FM option if bfeeding is not going well. Goal is to tbf like for no 1 though
happy.gif
maybe I'm juz being kiasu as it's not everyday that i know people coming over n can help me carry stuff haha. Btw, very happy for you that your confinement n bfeeding journey r both going well!

Shann, ic ic. Can understand your dilemma, my hubby n I tried the long distance thing for 1/2yr then we decided best that I joined him. So quit my job n haven't looked back since. Haha but I do admit that if I'm back n have gatherings with my ex colleagues I do wonder where I'd be career wise now. So can understand your opportunity cost situation n the dilemma. It is true, you'll have to start from no students again if you join hubby. Anyway, if you guys have decided to try long distance first then I really hope things work out well for your family, but if not, remember there's always an option of reconsidering ok
happy.gif

Rer rer, don't think so much, not worth affecting your mood or baby's disposition. It's Jul already, very soon you'll get to see the lil one!
happy.gif

Yea haha.. Last time he was always sailing, longest 6 months away.. We were not married yet so no kids, very lonely lor.. Kept counting down to the day he returned. Now even more jialat, away for a year, come back for few months and away again for another few months maybe half a year. He is the only one with kids in his batch. The rest single/married without kids. I think I won't be as lonely as him, I have 2 kids and full time job will be so busy!! Yea man it's just one year.. Always think positively.. I told my helper, 'You are away from your hubby n kids for 2 years.. What's 1 year compare to yours?' also thought of a friend's hubby who passed away due to accident. That is a never return... So when I think of these, I am grateful that it's only a year.. Be strong!

Shann: Yes, I like 猪脚醋 too, that is if my MIL would add in fresh vinegar and not just adding the pig's trotters only. It's getting tasteless.
sad.gif
sigh..
And the best part is, she blames it on my post natal taste buds. Eh?! Does it mean my hb also also having post natal taste buds cos he felt the same too.

Why can't I cook for myself?

Hi gals
Thks for ur well wishes.. Feel so tired n sleepy now after breastfeeding my two baobei.. I think my womb is shrinking when i breastfeed so can feel some pain at my womb area..

Hi gals who do breastfeeding, how long u latch ur bbies on each side? If they r still sucking, will u pull ur nipples out after exceed ur plan time to do bf? Thk u..

Hi lili n all
If breastfeeding is not enough, u make formula milk immediately after bf? How much u make? N how u know whether breastfeeding milk is sufficient for bb or not? As long as they dun cry??

Joanne: So far I can only latch my boy on my right peak cos he's not use to the left, and I'll latch him for abt 1 hr like just now he had enough for only latching for 30 mins so it depends on their appetite. I'll feed him FM if I'm too tired or my peak feels sore.

cookie, if it's not easily accessible, you should get more to standby!!! hahahah... i'd be more kiasu than that unless there are confirmed flow of people coming who doesn't mind being human couriers. u were back in your 35th week? serious!?

rer rer, i dun expect anything from ils at all. as long as they dun bother me i'm fine. if they do something extra, then bonus. so far i hv received nothing, no special treatment, no delicacies at all for this #2. for #1, i think it's the same but can't really remember. it's fine by me. but if anything i'll let hubby know my thoughts. if he sides his parents... ooh, now THAT is another issue totally which has nothing to do with ils or anybody but HIM. hahaha...

jo, for tbf, usually the gauge to whether it's enuff it's when they get up less than the desired 2-3hrs for a feed. e.g. if they keep getting up every hr then not right. at the hosp recently, this LC asked me to feed only 1 side for straight 30mins for the start as i'll need to wake bb and generate supply.

so far my girl is too sleepy to meet the 3hrs.. usually she sleep pass that and we keep having to wake her up. now on 5th day still like that. so far only twice she woke up by herself for food. only at night if she only takes for 7mins then refused, next feed she'll wake up early. now, the routine is every 3hrs i wake her up. she will suckle for 5mins and refuse to drink anymore if she's sleepy or gassy or wants to poo. i'll burp her thoroughly, then try again. in total she must at least suckle for 10mins before i put her down and change diaper. sometimes she goes for 15mins. last feed is at 11:30pm i'll try to make sure she takes 10-15mins at minimum then she'll wake up 4hrs later. we will repeat the night feed routine again and 4-5hrs she'll wake.

next time in 1-2wks when she's more alert and drinks better, it will be better to gauge cos they will already learn abt latching, know when they are hungry and wake up for it.

if it's not enuff and u want to give FM, i'll jus mk abt 60ml first. drink to their heart's content, they should stop and refuse. one thing tho... some babies can be overfed w FM. they jus keep drinking w no stopping then vomit later.

me no expert but jus sharing my schedule. actually better for u to check w LC while u r there as twins might have diff challenges.

and yes yes, BF shrinks womb well. last time w my boy who is a big drinker, i shrunk v fast. this girl is not helping me much.

u enjoying ur baobeis? can u tell them apart now jus from face?

oh... at the hosp, i spent nearly 45mins to an hr in the beginning trying to latch, get her to wake up etc. on the 3rd day, i spent only 20-35mins doing that. now also.

lilgal, I tink I too free ald so start to tink abt all these, maybe cos during #1 time I got bad exp with ils over confinement. Mil n mum said to help me with confinement so we din get confinement lady. Then 2 days b4 we go induce #1, fil called n ask we all go find confinement lady! Said wait my mum tired etc, so meaning very simple rite, means mil may nt come. I cried like mad, we ald know need to go induce bb like 8 days b4 the scheduled date cos #1 doesnt wanna grow in my womb, y they so last min then tell us. Me n my hb stunned lo! I din noe the reason y fil did tat till 1 day during confinement I saw hb's msg tat bil complain hsewk no one do etc during my mil's stay here. I cried b4 I go give birth lo n during confinement, I will nvr forget all these! My hb oso in a very difficult position.....This time I ald asked my mum very clearly wan confinement lady or nt, she said no need just ask pt cleaner auntie come more trips but later we decided get maid n mum said can handle so that's settled. My hb grow up with mostly men in family like cousins also, n always tink I got diva disease n spoilt mah, so I must use chance let him know the one with diva disease is nt me! His bro's wife expect mil to brew tonics n all for her lo. Btw, I just said the bird nest thing to my hb n his reply was his bro shld buy tonic for her nt my mil....n he ask me wat else I need go n buy ,he will pay!

should be can differentiate ba - one girl one boy.

Joanne : waiting for r pics! do they look the same or differ? should be different my guess.. Aiya u ask the doc and LC lah - since u r already in hosp n they r so near to u. u ask here, we also not experts here to answer yr qn. can only guess guess answer for u.

rer rer : PIL sometimes not reliable - everytime got new pattern.. my side sometimes also like that... shld have back up plan if not "die" at their hands.. one min like that, another min chane their mind..

I'm the only Dil but I also dun get to drink bird best from my MIL lor - boiled or bottled also dun hv at all. Maybe cos my hubby kaypo go n tell my mil that we buy bird nest ourselves n got a cooker to make ourselves. She wanted to make but ask us to buy it for her to make. I think better not, later my greedy Sil drink it. Why must ask us to buy for her to brew? My mil cannot buy a bit and make; or buy a few bottled type for me to drink meh. Not cost a lot what. At least make a bit also make me happy. Jia lat hor.. My mom also make bird nest for me to drink - but she need to do it discreetly cos at home got 2 Dil, she scared later they not happy wor.... I drank once and I just tell my mom no need to make anymore; since I'm making it myself; further she is v busy with moving home for the past few months..

I also won't be getting help from my MIL and my mum is only visiting me during weekend. So all depends on my helper now hope she can handle well. I always do rehearsals mentally with her, what to do throughout the day cuz she also has no.1 to look after. I will take care of bb at night, pray that she will only wake up once at night lol!! then no.1 sleep with maid cuz I am afraid she might kick my ceasarean wound accidentally. FIL is going for surgery during my confinement period so my MIL won't be free I guess. I am happy too la like that I need to listen to less comments, everything I decide cuz I am da boss LOL!!!
Talking about SIL, yea must be sensitive, my SIL always think that my mum dotes on me a lot and thinking that I am the princess in the house. Actually she was so wrong... so when my mum cooks good food, I will give it to her first, find all the sea cucumber for her. if I have extra black chicken tonic soup, I asked her to hv another bowl, but actually should be me who drink right cuz I am pregnant..everything also offer her first so she won't feel upset and hopefully to change her mind that my mum only cares about me and I am the princess. I think we all treat her like a princess instead.. Aiya as long as she is happy, my bro's life will be easier too right..

Shann: You are such a strong & positive lady! My hubby go biz trip 2-3 continuous week per month, I also cannot tahan already. Luckily this year, his travel is lesser. Well, jiayou to you! I am sure the one year will go by fast and your family will be reunited again. ;)

Week 37 for me today...the waiting game begins...
happy.gif

Agreed! Shann, hang in there! My hubby and I had 5 yrs long distance (haha before marriage!)back donkey yrs ago...already tough!

you are a very strong lady, hopefully your hubby can finish his training sucessfully and come back to your family asap!

i standby enfalac also, also noticed it is the most exp infant forumla? ouch!

morning ladies, hopefully no blues on this monday.. i am gona slowly catch up reading all the threads i have missed over the weekends..

finally into my 37 weeks, counting down to the arrival of the lil' one anytime (i hope)..

Thanks gals for your encouragement! Yea most importantly is he will finish the training successfully cuz it's really tough and stressful. Yesterday hubby forced me to cancel lesson at night cuz I was very sleepy and tired plus kept having Braxton hicks. Whenever I have BH my heart rate goes up and can feel the blood all pumped up to my head, like high blood pressure. Feel warm around my neck and face area..at first i refused to cancel and he scolded me which is more important, bb or classes? Then i gave in and had bed rest last night, felt much better. now still 36 weeks 6 days. I wish bb can stay till 40 weeks.. Think I should slowly cut down on classes le if I really want bb to stay. Cuz hor, if my students don't practise ESP those going for exam, I will be so upset and stressed that maybe my waterbag might burst!! LOL!!

rer-rer: I agree with tanny....don't depend on PILs, not even ur own parents...I always believe they have a life. Eventhough my dad was excited and offered to take care of my bb with my maid when I returned to work, I rejected immediately...don't want to have headaches in future re children's upbringing and also in time to come, they may find it a hassle as it binds them from going out.

Shann: I feel breathless when I get braxton hicks. Going to gynae today and ask her if it's normal.

Marie/ tabby, I ald asked them if wan confinement lady or nanny maid mus tell us cos need to bk in adv. Nt like give me 1 day notice leh! My mum super pissed with them tat time lo, said y she can do it yet mil can't etc....I really very lost n cry! My dad assured me tat he will come n help if mil really Nvr come. So this time lesson learnt , dun depend on them le. My own parents have been helping me very long so reliable.

i also felt breathless, my gf said the day i m not means baby has descend and nearer to labour haha unsure how true is that!

need advise here, ill be 1st time bf-ing. so i wana check some stuffs, i just bought the avent electric single pump pack. so inside got storage cups n all. after i deliver ill use it to pump aft i latch on bb right? so after every pump ill jus store the milk into the cup n put in fridge? n thn to sterilize the pump am i right?

Rykiel, I used Avent single electric pump last time but I have changed to Medela PISA dual this time. more efficient, last time I gotta spent 1 hour to clear breasts! ok.. Yes after u pump u can store the milk in the cup but it will take up a lot of storage so milk bags are still better. the Avent cups I use to store soup stock for no.1's porridge
happy.gif
very useful too. I sterilize after each pump, I also sterilize Avent cups.

Shann: how long do you pump per session with the PISA? How do we tell that our breasts are empty?

Carol: I don't give my baby any water. Just BM and formula supplement.

Eh I haven't tried PISA oh! But all my mummy friends told me about 30 mins clear. Well I always squeeze until dry lo! Until breasts become kosong n soft
happy.gif

Ooh.. I usually pump abt 20 min. Dunno really kosong or not because my breasts don't feel hard to begin with. I usually manage to get about 90ml per pumping session (at one week post partum). Hope to get more do that can catch up with baby's night feeds.

linggie: That's sort of true if u r breathless to begin with. My gynae also told me that I would not feel so breathless is bb has engaged as there will be more space at the diaphragm area.

Carol: Parentcraft teacher also say don't need water if BF

Anyway I clarified with gynae and she says breathlessness is common when braxton hicks kick in...nothing to worry about

Hi mummies,
Me delivered my baby gal at kkh on Friday. Supposed to be induced this Monday but I guess she got her own timing.
So envy the mummies who are smoothly breastfeeding. Me having difficulty. One thing my gal dun wanna latch and willget angry and cry very loud.
Expressing milk also nothing. Guess I have to give up Bf.
But my breasts are feeling full and swollen.
Any mummies have similar experiences?

Buttercup, u got massage lady? Breast full n heavy means got milk. U use warm towel n massage, tink clog up n milk can't flow out that's y Bb angry

Hi rer rer,
Thanks!
happy.gif
I am trying to massage abt pump. Got a few drops nia. And fighting with CL to hand baby over to me ti act as human pump.
Cause .bb will cry loud and be angry and refused to take my nipple.
sad.gif

Sad siah .....

Buttercup, some ppl milk come in later. Ur Bb probably used to b bottle feed n ur letdown slow so Bb angry. If Bb cant help, u must pump often n slowly will have more n more. U try every 2-3 hrs n when got more 3-4 hrs. I was lazy last time so I dun have alot n Bb is half on fm

Buttercup baby also hv to learn to latch. It's hard work for them. Dun worry abt crying. Just latch when mouth big big. if cannot, open her mouth w a little finger to clear suction n try again. If u kan Cheong the baby will feel it too. Sometimes I cheat slightly by shafting more in cos her mouth small small n dun wana drink more.

Unless u super diligent, pumping alone wun kp up the demand very well later on.

And dun gv up until at least 1-1.5mths later. It took me so long to get the hang of it for #1. They will chg again later.

Rer Rer. I typed so long reply last time n realized it din get published!!!! Argh! Basically ur history w ils exist, no wonder. Gd thing hubby in ur side. That I think is most impt.

Btw those who delivered, r u all wearing binder 24x7?

Really all din bathe?!

Thanks rer rer and lili gal. Your advice means lots to me cause I feeling so frustrated and helpless over this matter that supposed to be the most natural thing. Now having cold cabbage on my breasts

Liligal, I bathed in the hospital liao. Really cannot tahan andh hb went to ask to nurse. Of course they say yes. But I dun dare tell my mum..

Now I bath everyday with the herb water. Hair I wash alternate days.

buttercup congrats
happy.gif

i am now super hoping for my boy to arrive soon!!

stressed at work~ tons & tons & tons of work that doesnt seems to be able to be handover on time.. temp staff taking over my stuffs doesnt seems to be able to absorb so much in such short time!!

hubby has been urging me to start my ML early and rest at home, but with the rate of handover, i wonder if i could even take 1 day of rest at home..

wished i could just popped now & forget about work!!

Lilgal, hws ur boy??? Hope he is better Nw. Buttercup, u r most welcome, bfeed need alot of support de! And u cant have negative tots will make it worse, easier said than done but must try.

Hi all
Sorry to disturb. Need advise again. Can anyone advise me how much milk an average baby should be intake per day?
I tried to count and my baby drinks abt 150ml per day. Is that normal?

Buttercup, dun give up easily, my number 1oso didn't suck properly, I end up doing slot of pumping, for that u need a good pump, u need to persist if cannot then supplement fm only when necessary better than give up totally.

Laura, buttercup u both can try fenugreek to increase bm itvhelps me for my number 1.

Sign 36weeks now waiting game, so heavy bb stii kicking actively, no signs of coming out..

rer-rer, my boy needs abt 7 days to clear. every other 2 hrs will scream his head off and drool cos of the pain in the throat. the boy who loves to eat suddenly got his fav thing taken away so wasn't happy. but he's happy cos daddy's being nice and giving him lotsa sweet stuff. but mummy misses him badly lor.

zhen and others, agree with rer-rer, try to rest more. seriously now i'm zombified cos u only get to sleep like 1.5-2hrs then feed then repeat for a few times. very disrupted. worse off when my bb girl seemed alert at night due to gas or jus for that 1-4am doesn't want to sleep. so try to be rested as much as you can.

oh yah buttercup, congrats!

btw, thankfully my mum super lousy with confinement stuff. all hearsay from other folks and she never think too much. so she's very open to me washing! hahhaha.. so when CL say some folks say cannot, she said can. they both then agreed that can do it in afternoon but not at night. so i'm washing my hair after 4-5 days tomorrow!!! yeah yeah! limit liao.

today went PD. when he ask me how many mls baby drinking, i was like... errr... i total BF. then he very surprised cos nowadays dun hv people like that liao. oops. so he ask for how long. i said only 15 mins... he said not enuff and same with LC, try to do at least 30mins unless ur milk flow very good. told him yah mine quite good but she really dun want to drink liao... and can sleep 3hrs... so he also got nothing to say lor and say try to wake her up.

Back