(2012/06) Jun 2012

Having McD double cheeseburger at my desk.. :D simple pleasures in life..hehe...

ssmilezz, yes should be the same one...check out the link I posted above.

Marilyn, your BMI is pre-pregnancy or during? Do not calculate during pregnancy cos it's not accurate. If pre-pregnancy then yes, overweight :p maybe watch your diet now and go for more protein, less fat and carbo, Your exercise timings are a bit off. You should start exercising only after 6 weeks from date of delivery if doc ok with it. Don't try to do it too soon or you may risk injury.

Hi mummies, advice please.

What diapers should I get for newborn. Something not so pricey, since they will poo every now and then. I think the diapers which I got might be a lil big for nb.

Hi mummies,

Updates..
Baby doing fine, but slight jaundice. Sun baby in the morning for 20mins. Jaundice, so have to give baby fb and abit water. Anyway my milk also haven come in.
My baby is a gd eater.. He sure wake up every 3hrs for feeding.

And the best now is my nipples are sore! Sore after I latched him a few times in hosp. Bf really not easily. Sore till bleed even.. So now I using pump to stimulate. And now only a few drops comeout. And have to throw away cos got abit blood..
Hopeful he can take some ebm by tmw..
So now keep applying nipple cream..

wow the thread has been rather quiet hehhe tink guess all are busy with the preparation.....

hehehe jus to ask, ladies, do you all charge your new breastpump first huh? nattan, you oso bought freestyle rite? hehe the seller say got to charge 24 hours for first round. issit too kiasu to charge now hehehe
happy.gif

another tin to check with you gals is ...can we drink DOM, or alcoholic while breastfeeding the baby huh? do we need to discard away the 1st express breastmilk after taking alcoholic drinks or food huh?

Jolene : lots of diapers on sale in this week's mother hood fair. Goon, huggies n pampers. i bought lots of pampers during hte NTUC sale in Feb. heheeh and goon tooo..

Hi Priscilla, maybe can try to take fenugreek or mum's nursing tea to help to boast milk flow. u mean if breastmilk got blood, we have to throw it away huh? i din know abt it leh..

This is very strange... Everyone's complaining abt how hot it is. But i actually feel that it's been cooler for the past 3/4 days compared to before. Does this have anything to do with impending delivery? I'm 37.5 wks now

Anyway i had a scare last night. Contractions from 4+ to 6+! thought i was gonna pop. But luckily i didn't. Quite stressed now coz gynae is overseas till wed. N i haven't gotten everything ready. Nor finished clearing my cubicle. Hiaz!

Pris

You're home? Is your latch correct? By right, shdn't have bleeding nipples if latching is correct. Some soreness in the beginning is normal, but not bleeding leh. Did u see a lactatiin Consultant?

Priscilla, try to massage your boobs? use a warm towel before you start massaging and pumping. Jiayou! Don't give up..

sunbelle, ya I got a Freestyle. Haven't charged yet cos I need to get an 3-pin adapter first. Of course you can charge earlier if you want.

Re alcohol, some people say if you drink already, the alcohol will pass to your milk in 2 hrs. So you should discard. Others say it's ok, in fact good for baby to have a tiny bit of alcohol so he can sleep more soundly! I personally prefer to abstain from alcohol. It's ok if wine like DOM is used in cooking and boiled till the alcohol is evaporated.

Jul, I feel that it's a bit cooler these few nights as I've not been perspiring as much even without the aircon. Anyway, just 2 more days to Wed.. don't stress out too much!

NB diapers

Last time my boy was given Fitti Premium. It's smaller cutting than Pampers which is supposed to be quite big. Then i bought Huggies NB when fitti ran out. Also small cutting. Can try these 2 brands. Mamy poko also quite big

ssmilezz
Not sure if it's in squarish bottles, didn't bother with it and it was my hubby who told me about having 3 big bottles in my house. Haha..

I don't intend to do anything with my hair other than trimming it, really waste of money when it will be dropping like crazy after delivery. =p

nattan
I miss the double cheeseburger. =(
Hubby doesn't allow me to eat since the rumour or fact that macs (somewhere overseas) used whole cow including bones etc to make beef.

jolene
Need to ask other mummies, my boy had a small butt and leaked all the way till he's around 2mths old. Tried a few brands also same and even need to fold down to stick the tape for a period cause the pamper is on the chest, haha..

pris
Can sun every morning and evening, PD told me that last time but i forgotten the timing. Is it before 10am or 9am and evening I only bring down around 5.30-6pm.

Remember to air it after latch or pump, it will get better.

sunbelle
I didn't drink any DOM or alcohol during my breast feeding period, only drink chicken essence. I only use alcohol and DOM to cook, hehe..

jul
I also bleed 1-2 days during confinement, I think cause mine cracked. Was in pain for days before nipples get used to it lo.. =.= I didn't bleed alot, just slightly.

Don't know about the weather nowadays but my boy has been switching on aircon himself daily. Haha..

confinement foods
Ladies who are anal on confinement, do take note that some items will affect milk production.
I personally don't take most confinement foods, so I don't know what to avoid.

Bleeding Nipples
make sure your baby isn't sucking your nipple. Baby has to suck your areaola. the entire thing.
take your breast as a flower, putting petals on your breast and ur nipple as the bud, use your fingers to press the petals area to stimulate milk. *those are milk ducts*.
I was taught this method in 2008 via a breastfeeding video.

Weather
quite true that it's abit cooler. I haven't switched on A/C today while at home. Just fan. Maybe wind direction changed. but it's still very sunny. Which is good since we have loads of laundry to do.

NB Diapers
Dryers n Fitti is economical.. But sticky tape is noisy, some ppl don't like.

Nattan: i also wanna eat Mcds!! argh.. Had heavy breakfast so i skipped lunch. Hungry now.. gonna eat dinner soon.

Audrey, I don't eat often la.. maybe once a week or once a fortnight. The beef here comes from Australia so I feel a bit safer compared to beef in USA.

Petrina, I had a heavy breakfast too (breakfast beehoon with egg and luncheon meat), but after going to Raffles Place to collect my steriliser, I got hungry again :p Then decided to eat Mac cos I wanted the Grimace Hello Kitty...haha.. I think I may go for Subway wrap for dinner..

<font color="aa00aa">I must really reduce my rice intake &amp; avoid all sight of sugar liao. Glucose reading exceeds limit everytime I eat a bowl of rice. Checkup at 36 wk (last Sat) estimate baby's weight (based on baby's tummy dimension) to be 3.3kg! And gynae is really concerned if this goes on, I may have difficulty in delivering a baby with a big body. Oh no! Next checkup is still 2 weeks later.

Re: Sesame oil
Should we use black or white sesame oil?

Re: Black beans
I thought it's one of the food that can boost BM? I have a big pack and intend to fry them to boil soup leh.</font>

petrina
I am not sure what to avoid also, just hear here and there. Hahaha..

nattan
Better than me, it has been months since I last ate cheeseburger. Maybe try to get him to buy tonight and pray he has forgotten about it. =p

moi
Try to change your rice to brown rice and in smaller portion?

I am not sure also, tried to check the contents given by his family but never stated black or white sesame oil. Only write 100% pure sesame oil..

I not sure about that, lactation consultant in geneagles said it will reduce milk supply. Google it and some say it will boost while some say it will reduce. I don't know who is right so the best is either avoid or don't drink too much? I love black bean soup actually, sigh.

Re black beans, I've seen it in confinement soup recipes... but if in doubt stick to fish and papaya soup or chicken soup... Once your milk is established already then try eating some black beans to see if it affects your supply.

Moi, avoid white rice and white bread. Eat only whole grains, brown rice or wholemeal bread. Or just stick to veges to avoid all carbs. Anyway, the end is near.. tahan a bit more... after delivery you can go back to eating normally..

Priscilla
Try fenugreek. My milk only came in on the 4th day.. and double in a day or 2 after I started on fenugreek. Use hot towel to massage before you pump. It helps in stimulating the milk as well. My nipple is also sore after latching him for first 2 days.. I wore a nipple sheild to prevent further abrasion and back to latching after a week although still abit sore.. hope this helps
happy.gif

Black bean soup
My cl cook it for me twice in the first week. I don't think it will affect the milk supply.

Mt A hospital. I paid total in cash around 2.9 k in 2010 for deluxe room, kena double charge of the deluxe room and labour room total about $900. Mine is normal delivery, vacuum, no epidural, 3d2n + 1 d room + 1 d labour room.

The goodies we get is quite normal. Bathtub, leftover diaper, 1 diaper bag consists of samples, receiving blanket, t-shirt, mittens and booties.

The nurses are very nice there. I practically call them for anything, change baby diaper, even help me to go to toilet becoz on the 1st day i fainted when goin to toilet myself so the nurse said just call them to help.

That's in 2010. Don't know about now..

Btw those prices are inclusive everything, also gynea fee.

Marilyn, tried to total breastfeed, and take care baby yourself. I am sure you won't need exercises. Hehehe. And eat brown rice for confinement.

Just now got texas chicken brochure then saw coke float $1.5. Managed not to buy it even though very tempted. Phew.. Very worried about baby weight but can't stop eating. Last weekend went for wedding and colleague's son 1st bday party. Eat lots of soft shell crab, and tried indian vegetarian food actually quite nice. Some more sunday eat ribs becoz got craving Then today weigh myself in the morning gained 1 kg since last week!!

Hi Groovy,

Thanks the advice
happy.gif

This is no. 2 and I cldnt lose all the excess weight even though I bf no. 1 for 8mths. I delivered in KKH in 2010.

Am in the delivery suite now as I type this..
Dunno why this time feeling more nervous..

Joanne, no surefire way. But ur Fren can spend e next 6mths monitoring her menses cycle, actual ovulation date, basal temp every morning, discharge consistency.
If she is desperate for a particular gender, she can't be lazy. Google shuttle method n both spouses muz watch their diet.

Hi Nattan,

Scrolled too fast and missed ur reply..
BMI is based on pregnancy which may be inaccurate hor?!
-phew-

Will start exercises when Obgyn gives me the green light.

Had been dreaming super vivid dreams recently. Think all from tv shows and real life. Dreamt that my hubby was going to marry a second wife to chuan zong jie dai, then i stupidly agree and then suddenly it hit me i have two sons so i forced him to cancel the wedding. Think influenced by saturday hk drama.

Then also dreamt that entire singapore flooded, and many buildings submerged, so only some people in high buildings managed to survive. I can't remember the rest of the dream. Think i had the dream immediately after the super howling wind and rain on saturday.

Now keep dreaming i need to bathe or pee but got people watching me or toilet dirty. Usually coz i got full bladder in real life, need to wake up.

sunbelle: i cant rem if you were the one who told me that you are buying from beauty loft and the seller was overseas? so she is back and you have bought it? I havent gotten mine yet.

just went for my gyane checkup today. 35+week and baby around 2.6kg. Can really feel tummy getting tighter and bad pelvic pain these days.

Glass

Your dreams really very interesting yah? ESP the one about yr hubby! I bet you must be so pissed with him when u woke up. Haha

Marilyn

Seems like you are going to Pop anytime soon! Take care!!

I have gained as much weight as you. But I think losing it is the last thing on my mind now. Just want to have a safe delivery and focus On the next chapter.
happy.gif

Groovy

What's your baby weight now?

I also find it hard to control cos I seem more hungry lately. Everything also feel like eating. Sigh! Doesn't help that we are being weighted practically weekly now. Haha

Nattan

I had BK double mushroom Swiss on sat for lunch. Lol!! Just as sinful as your macs!

Sunbelle

I bought my freestyle maybe 2-3 mths back. I don't intend to charge it till I get home. Just latch first ba. If really necessary, I'll ask my hub to help charge for me when I'm in the hosp. But I did take out all the parts and put into a box so I can easily wash and clean it once I get home.

Jul

When is your last day at work ah? My work is really very hectic lately. Have been trying to clear as much as possible. But think its going to be hard not to handover those cases I haven't had chance to touch at all.

Your gynae will be back soon so just tahan for two more days!

Moi

My girl also around 3.2kg as of last week -36 weeks checkup. I dunno what to expect tomo man. Also feeling worried cos I do hope I can still be able to deliver her naturally.

Marilyn, if you use pregnancy weight, all of us will be super overweight la.. hahaha... Right now just focus on nutrition then think about diet and exercise later. If you're worried about weight gain, I always say protein is better than fats and carbs (incl sugars). Eat more lean protein (fish, chicken or soy) and less rice/noodles/bread and do some light exercise like walking everyday.

glass, at least you remember your dreams.. I don't.. Funnily, it's my hubby who has very vivid dreams. He even dreamt of how our baby would look like and in one dream our baby could even talk to him! Lol...

Kadice, I think it's Jul, not sunbelle who is getting from Beauty Loft. Your baby's weight is good.. if you have pelvic pain, try to lie down and do the pelvic tilt exercise.

ssmilezz, BK mushroom swiss is my fave!! But I had Mac cos I wanted the Grimace Hello Kitty.. hahaha.. :p Wow your girl is now 3.2kg? I think my boy will be around that also by this Sat. Don't worry too much la.. unless you're very petite? Natural delivery still possible.. I'm thinking I should start perineal massage to prevent tear :p

Smilezz, yup. But didn't tell him lest he get funny ideas.
happy.gif

Nattan: I haven't dreamt of how my baby looks like though. Your hubby is so interesting!

Wah, I think today's dream ultimate so far. Dreamt I was expecting quadruplets. Three identical and one in a separate sac. They were like iPod silhouette and they were boogieing away like Saturday night fever. Then gynae said that means they will come out in six months, so asked me to do selective abortion. I said no. She also said all are boys. Then after that I was super hungry, wanted to eat a lot, but bowl just disappeared. Had Nasir lemak in the dream. Think I'll eat that later.

Morning ladies!

Going to trim my hair later before my gynae appointment. Feeling abit bummed as my usual stylist couldn't make it at the last min (only called me like 930pm last night). My hair is really stubborn! Hopefully the replacement stylist that she recommended is able to manage my hair. I don't want to end up cutting too short and end up looking like a mushroom head (MO GU TOU!) cos my hair can be really "pong".

Nattan

Is there a Hello Kitty promo going on at Macs? yeah, gynae has commented that she is going to be a big baby!

I'd not be too surprised if she hits 3.4kg at today's checkup!!

Glass

Your dream really very ultimate man. It's like all that you worry and think about during the day comes into your dream at night. Eg : worry about baby / thinking about what food to eat? hehehe

Motherhood Fair

Anyone intending to brave the crowds and go to the fair this weekend?

hi mummies!!

been bz at work lately, doing the handover bit and clearing work desk! it's utterly cluttered now! still in the midst of clearing =s

how's everybody doing? so nice hearing all the "popping"! Hahahaz.. guess i'm at the tail end, perhaps w xiao wei too, cos ours EDD late june.. =(
by then everyone will have plenty of advices to share! great! haha!

feel like gg for a shopping spree this wkend at motherhood fair.. bt the heart is willing, not sure abt the body.. the pelvic pain is terrible and i don't recall it being that bad for #1.. i'm soOoooo looking forward to see the delivery room again!! hehe!

goin for gynae visit later at paragon. Anyone keen to hv lunch together in orchd?

Smilez > i also hv pong n natural curl hair. Didnt hlp at all nw tat i cant dye or rebond my hair. Care to share whic hair stylist u goin?

Hi all, I guess most of you have gotten all the big ticket items la so no need to squeeze into the crowd at the motherfair.

I need to get a baby stroller, is the baby kingdom at ubi worth?

Think the only sales I am going is the Watson sales. Need to top up my toiletries! And I think misplaced my night pad
sad.gif
. Need to buy more.

Morning mummies..came to work late today as I OT-ed last evening.

glass, I also never dreamt of my baby. Only my hubby has an over-active imagination.. haha.

ssmilezz, yeah.. the Hello Kitty promo has been on for a couple of weeks already. My gynae estimated my baby to be 3.5kg at birth. Looks like yours could be bigger! I've not decided whether to go for the fair. May ask my hubby to go recce first on Fri.

Now I'm starting to feel baby pushing downwards while his feet and bum are pressing upwards... I guess he's getting ready..

hopecg, cos he is already in the upside down position mah.. and I can feel his hands are like groping downwards and towards the side. His bum is somewhere above my belly button area.

Hopecg

I cannot tahan any shopping spree now. Haha. Just get irritated with large crowds. Was thinking I should get hubby to stock up diapers at the fair but then I think of the crowd and lor hubby jostling about with the diapers, decided not to be so
Mean. Hehe

Chris

I'm also going for my checkup around 4 at Glen.
happy.gif

My hair is a mess now la. I tie it up most of the time
Now. Sure, I PM u my stylist details. I have been going to her for many years already.

Nattan

The pressure at the lower pelvis will get worse over the next few weeks. Hehe. Like what the rest says, feels like
Baby is digging inside. Lol

Jolene

I bought my stroller from Baby Kingdom. I rem going to the shop at Ubi maybe one weekend before the march baby fairs and they quoted me prices for he baby fair already. I checked when I went for those baby fairs that time.

nattan
i forgot to ask my gynae about the position the kid is in.. only asked about the placenta the previous trip.. aiyoh.. and i'm only gonna see him next wk.. he's away at the moment =(

smilezz
diapers must stock up huh? my store got no more space alr!! PM me ur stylist details also le.. same issue.. thick pong hair.. haha.. i was thinking of not botherin about it till aft delivery and go for rebond n dye

ssmilezz, I also cannot stand big crowds. Fortunately I stocked up a lot of diapers from online sales already. My living room has boxes of diapers! :p Hubby is begging me not to buy anymore...haha.

I tie up my hair on most days. Cannot stand hair sticking to my neck :p

hopecg, when you go for ultrasound scans, you should be able to know what is your baby's position.. your doctor never told you? Anyway, mine has been in this position since 20+ weeks already. Just that he has been turning left and right. Hopefully he is in the anterior position by the time I see the gynae this Sat.

Diapers
I also have abt 12 packs of S goon, 8 packs of NB. Enough le.
My hair everyday use black clip to bun up. Not perspiring much but I stink.. so have to bath few times a day. W/o washing hair..

Petrina, I lost count how many I bought already.. haha... I have sizes from NB to XL now! Mostly Pampers and Goon. Got a few pcs of samples from Merries, Huggies, Drypers.. let baby try and see how he likes. If he is able to accept the cheaper brands would be better for me! Some babies like my colleague's cannot take cheap diapers and some are very fussy... pee or poo a little bit, need to change immediately, so it's very costly to use expensive brands like Pampers :p

I perspire a lot also but I stay in aircon most of the time, so not so bad. Bathing too often is drying for the skin. Why not use talcum powder to absorb sweat instead?

nattan: i dun have physical sweat on me. i not sticky either. i think my pte part n my armpit just stink. so i prefer to have cold shower. yeah. very drying on skin. so i bun my hair up to avoid washing. since i'm home, i try to wash only once a day if i can help it.
I also bought M sizes. but nothing bigger than that. Cause diapers have expiry dates too. so i dun wanna keep too much stock.
I have M sizes for the pampers promo.. bought 8 packs.
My stock of NB &amp; S will last me through 2-3months. then i guess she'll progress to M already.
I was expecting a baby smaller than 3kg. But seems she's already 3kg from 37wks. I seriously have doubt I can finish my NB in time..

Petrina, can la.. NB sizes can be worn for up to 5kg depending on cutting? Some babies may be long and have smaller waist although weight is on heavy side. I don't know diapers have expiry date.. but should be able to last for at least a yr? I doubt my stash can last me that long anyway..

Haha.. if only those parts are sweaty, then just clean those parts la and put powder. That's what I'd do.

Hopecg: my edd close to yours too. End of June. Dunno will have any surprises anot.

Nattan: tks. Think I rem wrongly.

Jul: u have gotten ur pump from beauty loft yet?

Maybe you can try the Mustela non rinse cleasing fluid. It cleans w/o having to bath. Good if you are under the no bath order during your confinement. And I guess it will be very useful to clean yourself at night. As much as I would bath during my confinement, I will still avoid late night showers and will use this instead

Hi Kadice,

i oso forgotten leh hehehe i bought medela freestyle from beauty loft and collection is at ang mo kio.

yeah ladies, do u all feel panting after walking for more than 15 mins huh? nattan, i am one week after you and mi seems to be panting like mad adfter 30 mins walk ....

wow petrina : Well stock . is good to hve more than enuff. i oso ks leh...hehee stock like 6 packs of NB and 4 packs of S pampers and 1 bag of Goon S. hehhee...

dun noe what is the offer for the diapers at mother hood fair this week. anyone use napia before huh?
happy.gif

do u all wake up in the middle of the nite too huh?

sunbelle, I also bought the Freestyle from Beauty Loft. Have you taken out the stuff for cleaning and testing yet?

Re panting, I don't pant much, unless I'm having BH at the time I'm walking. But I've been walking a lot daily and before pregnancy, exercising regularly, so I guess it helps.

Re waking up, I don't wake up often also unless I drink too much water. I usually go to the toilet before bedtime and then drink half a glass of water.

Back