(2012/05) May 2012

Dolly, I saw a thread selling waterproof mattress protector. Thinking of getting one. Now we using those disposable kind. Wet then throw but then quite small and when my son sleep he move all over the bed. Haha

Littydotty: Clothes kinda small for our babies leh. Gotta come in bigger sizes!! Anyway good luck for your biz

faaa n dolly: I bought the mattress protector off the thread too, very good to use and after many washes in the machine, still good as new!

Will order bigger sizes next time, thanks for all your support and comments!

Groundpepper: Thanks so much!

faaa: I think there is only one selling in the thread now, that is the one I bought from. It is not warm, quite thin actually. I also got one for my baby's cot, good to use..

@ Hui Yuin,
I probably will be doing my own confinement after my baby arrival.
I'm currently looking for a part time cleaner in the weekdays since I'm not getting a confinement lady. Can you recommend yours to me? Appreciate it.

mummies, I have ordered new items in bigger sizes for my biz..
happy.gif
Do take a look if interested!
https://picasaweb.google.com/107659192500969452911/BP001CartersFromUSA#

Yvonne, I used to have a part-time cleaning aunty as well if you need..she is good, but now I have a maid so she is no longer with me
happy.gif

Dolly, I haven't transferred funds. Dunno whether to get 1 or 2. Haiz.. Today my son insisted on wearing diapers. It's been 2 weeks he was diaper free. Dunno why today he throw tantrums.
sad.gif

FAAA: Then just let him wear for a day or 2, maybe he also stress cos no diapers! haha

I just wan 1 pc of Queen size and try first, since it's quite near to where I stay, if good then might buy some more. Where do you stay?

Hi Dolly, I'm at Tiong Bahru so have to opt for postage. True enough my boy peed in his diaper!! Maybe I shd just tell him no more diapers. Now no maid have to wake up so early to prepare my son for school. So tired. Snd milk production also not so good

Dear mummies, can I join the May mummies fb group too? My baby is born in May too. Would like to ask if any mummies started their babies on cereal already?

Dolly my hubby used the Maclaren carrier to bring my gal downstairs today. It's too small for her!! The carrier left some marks on her chubby thighs! Haha

I have tried feeding baby cereal to my boy three times but he spit out on all the occasions. I suppose he is still not ready for solids yet. My concern is he has insufficient iron intake when he turns 6 months in 3 weeks. Recently, he has also reduced his daily milk intake from 780ml to 600ml. I tot logically babies should drink more milk as they grow bigger.

My bb is 4.5 mths and I intro cereal via his milk feed. A spoonful is added into the warm ebm and he drinks it. Slowly will make it less watery. If I don't do that, he gets hungry very quickly. It's tough when he wakes up hungry at night. Only lunch and dinner. Other feeds normal ebm.

Hope this helps.

Faaa: my gal thigh are big also! Wear those shorts w rubber band at the thigh for 12 mth old will still leave red mark on the thigh

Hi freedom lover
happy.gif

how about the cereal? Does your boy likes it?

Hi liang2
happy.gif

yes I thought intake will increase as they grow bigger too. But my paed doctor says depend on each baby. My boy intake didn't increase too. Been stagnant for 2 months.
How do u determine if your baby is ready for cereal? My paed doctor says can start now , but I'm still not sure if my boy is ready.

Hi Marilyn
happy.gif

Your method sounds like a good idea - to mix ebm with cereal for a start. How long has your baby been on cereal already?

Hi Lainey, my bb likes the cereal so far. I am giving Bellamy rice cereal, 3 teaspoons mixed with ebm. He finished all. So should be trying 4 teaspoon tml to see if he can finish.

My boy sleeps till 9am and I gave milk at 9am, followed by purée at 10am. And cereal at 6pm. So wonder how am I to squeeze in a lunch for bb next time. If I feed lunch at 1pm, will it seems too late? Currently his next milk feed after 9am will be 1pm. Any mummies have any schedule up for bb on solids already?

Hi Lainey
His intake has been stagnant for months too. How to introduce solids with this kind of appetite. I don't really know when my boy is ready, I just feed for trial. Since your pd says that yr boy is ready then you should try to feed him.

Hi Miss freedom
I'm also feeding Bellamy baby rice. When I opened up, I realized it is flakes and not powdery form. When you make the cereal for your boy, do you find the texture abit coarse??? I tot baby cereal should be very very fine. My boy currently sleeps from 7-7, its too tiring and inconvenient for us. I love to change it to 9-9. Do you mind to share your boy's nap routine and how yr boy can sleep pass 7am.

Hi Liang2
Yup, it's flakes and after I add the ebm and stir long enough, it will become smooth texture. Actually I haven't try other brand so not sure how smooth the texture should be. When I make Bellamy cereal, it seems smooth enough to me. Probably I will try healthy times once My boy finishes Bellamy. I heard from my friends that it's better to keep changing brands so our babies will not have a preferred brand, won't be a fussy eater.

I agree 7-7 is really tough. furthermore is dinnertime, very difficult at times to put him to sleep by 7 for me.I put my boy to sleep at 9pm and wake up at 9am. 11.00am will take a nap. Normally will wake up around 12.30 or 1pm. 3pm another nap. And normally he will be up before 5pm. He will normally catch another short nap at about 7pm for 15 mins. I will make sure he don't cross 7.15pm, latest 7.30pm. I had tried to remove this 15 mins nap but somehow it doesnt work. he will become very cranky and end up sleeping at 8 plus. But will wake up at 9 plus, treating this as a nap instead and wont sleep till 10pm. so i just make sure he nap a short while at 7pm. His bedtime routine will start at 8.30pm whereby I will get him changed and has his last feed. He will be in the cot by 9pm. But he will at times toss and flip until he sleeps which can be 9.30pm already.

Hi liang2 and Miss Freedom, does your babies sleep thru the night for straight 12 hrs? My gal sleeps between 8:30-9:30 (need to latch on) and sleeps till 9+ next day but may need 1 or 2 feeds in between

Miss Freedom: thanks for sharing. I like your routine, it seems more convenient for us. Hee Hee... NOw the problem is I dun know how to adjust him to another routine.

FAAA: I dream feed my boy at 10.30pm and he will still wake up once for another feed. Yr gal's sleep hours sounds good too. I can't get my boy to sleep pass 7am.

liang2: When my gal was 3 months old she slept for 12-14hrs straight only waking up 2-3 times for feed. Waking up close to 11am. Which I tot was good cos she doesnt nap for lobg in the day but now she sleeps for only 10-12hrs at night

Faaa: wow you are lucky that your girl can sleep for so long. 12 hours sleep is also not bad. So what kind of routine your gal is on? Now I headache dun know how to adjust his sleeping hours. I scare in the end I mess up his routine which is worst.

My gal still sleeps around midnight then wake again at 3am, then 6am like that leh...
At 8am, she wakes when being carried to nanny's place. And nanny says she dun really sleep much at her place too.
On weekends she might be able to sleep later though.

liang2: She is not on any schedule so her naps and feeding times are often disrupted. We normally feed her every 3 hrs in the day but sometimes she sleeps thru and we ended up feeding her 4-5 hrs interval.

U can try pushing your baby's sleeping time by 15-30 mins each day till he starts sleeping at 9 and hopefully he can sleep for at least 12 hrs. U are on the Gina Ford routine? Somehow sleeping at 7pm doesn't suit us Asians cos we like to bring baby out. And their routine will be disrupted if say we follow the schedule from Mon- Fri and weekends we come bk late Kinda confusing for the baby.

Hi FAAA,
My boy sleep through from 9-9 without milk. But I kind of find it scary to go without milk for 12 hrs so will dream feed him at 12am. I am thinking to skip this 12am feed once he's on 3 meals. But now I have headache, dunno how to squeeze in lunch since my bb don't wake up early. By the time he finishes his breakfast will be around 10 plus already.

Hi liang2,
Since day 1 my boy don't wake up early. Even now, if I don't wake him up at 9am, he will continue. But pd said max 12 hrs must wake him up. So no choice I will wake him up. But one thing is my baby room is really dark. I have those black out curtain so I guess my bb can't tell s morning unless I draw up the curtain.

Hi Miss freedom,
Wow! Your boy is all ready for solid! Hehe that's great :D
And I like your routine too. So good that your boy can sleep 9-9. My boy still can't sleep through the night yet. Need to feed 1-2 times in between too.
Btw, I still cradle my boy when washing his hair. Probably when he is able to sit without support then I will try letting water flowing down from the hair.

Hi Liang2,
Hmm maybe our boys has got small appetite.. Hehe! Yah I think I should start him on cereal soon :p

Miss Freedom: For my elder son, we just replaced one milk feed with solids. Once he wake up we give milk then breakfast. Lunch between 12-1pm then 3-4pm milk then dinner at 6-6:30.

When I start my baby gal on solids I will start with cereal for lunch first. Your boy has got good intake in the day that's why he doesn't need to wake up for feeds. Was he like that since he was born? Or after u start solids? 9-9 is really good. Lots of rest for u. Envy to other mummies
happy.gif

Hi FAAA,
Thanks for your advice. Guess I will replace his 1pm milk with solid next time. Initially his sleeping routine was quite bad. Will wake up twice at night for milk. But once he learn to flip, he started sleeping on his tummy and he stopped waking up at night.And from then on he sleeps from 9-9. I have no idea why. Maybe he felt very secure on his tummy.

Although he is on 9-9 schedule, I can't sleep for long hours yet. Still got to wa,e up every 4 hrs to pump since I am pumping exclusively. Still thinking if I should stop giving breast milk soon since he will be 6 months old in another mth. Heard some pple saying no point to give BM after 6th mth when bb need iron which can be found in fm.

Lately my bb don't like to be cradled when I wash his hair. He will keep turning his head and arch his body. At times will cry if I cradle too long. So I was looking for alternatives but my bb can't sit up too. So I guess no choice, still got to cradle him.

FAAA: yar my boy is on Gina Ford's routine which I dislike now. We can't really bring him out in the evening. Furthermore, we don't sleep at 7pm but we have to wake up at 7am to take care of him. Starting from today, I will start to slowly push his sleeping hour to later. My boy slept around 9pm last night cos we brought him out but he still wake up at 6.30am.

Miss freedom: hm... maybe the room is too bright for my boy, his curtain can only block out about 70% sunlight. You are one lucky mummy. I'm also pumping exclusively, I pump before I sleep and wake up to pump first thing in the morning. If you do that you can probably be able to rest more. I cradle my boy when I shampoo his hair and he also struggle. I intend to wash his hair straight up when he is much older.

Dolly what time is your gal's last nap? Maybe can try to skip that 7-8pm nap then she can sleep earlier? If my gal steals a nap at 7+ she will sleep late like 10-11. Normally she wakes up at 9-10am. But now we have no helper and my son likes to disturb her in the am so she could be awake for abt an hour before sleeps again.

Oh, 2 nights ago she last fed at 9+ and slept thru till 6am but she needs to take at least 3 bottles of milk in the day to last her thru the night before I latch her to sleep. Yesterday she only drank 2 bottles so woke up at 3am then 7am again

Miss Freedom: Baby still needs at least 3 bottles if milk to supplement the 3 solid meals. Feed milk before bed and shd be able to last thru the night. Slowly can drop the 12am feed or it becomes a habit later.

miss freedom: my helper scoops water and let it run down his head coz he doesnt want to be cradle anymore to wash..now he is like a WORM!! cannot sit downa nd keep wanting to stand up and wriggle around..

he sleeps at about 8pm on average and wake up once ard two to drink milk before waking up at 7am..this one is an early bird.. he is eating two big bowls of porridge now and I have changed his milk to Step 2 though he is about 5mths 3 weeks
happy.gif

yesterday I weigh him and he is 8kg..
happy.gif

Elaine: pm me to b added to fb..

Ms freedom: wah u are still pumping every 4 hrly? Vv hardworking!! Mine i stretch to 6 hrly & sometimes longer.. In the morn if i am not working i will latch lying down to catch more slp.. Thats the only time i latch though.. Other times i just pump.. I heard some mummies try to endure till one yr.. But i guess up to individual.. For me i m on half bm half fm.. Will cont as long as i can
happy.gif

Hi Littledotty, my boy is like a worm too! So tough to shower him now. Your boy is progressing fast! Having two bowls of porridge!mine coming to 6th mth in 3 weeks too but I merely started him on cereals and purée. Is your boy having porridge for lunch and dinner? Still taking any cereals?

Hi Yingzz,
Ya. Still pumping 4 hrly. Will feel very engorged if more than that. Very uncomfortable. Actually no need to really be that persistent on BM. So long both u and baby are happy, it doesn't matter even if fm is given.because I am a Sahm, so might as well give BM. Can save $$ on fm too.
happy.gif

I remember for my elder son, he was taking one tin of FM per week after I stopped BF. I bf till he was 7 months. Now for my gal I'm currently pumping twice a day and latch on 2-3 times per 24hrs. She has a bottle of FM per day. I intend to give solely FM in the day once she starts solids and only latch on at night cos pumping in the office takes too much time.

Btw I can go up to 8hrs without pumping. My gal last latch at abt 10pm and I can last till 6:30am next morning.

It doesn't matter whether feeding FM or BM so long as you and baby is happy as what Ms Freedom says. But I did notice my son started to get the flu once I stop BFing.

Ms freedom: no lar i not persistant.. Will just cont as long as i can.. I started dropping night pumps cos i know i need more slp to function.. My ss vv low so wont get engorged..

Faaa: heehee
happy.gif
need more slp during weekends! Since i wake at 5.30am to pump when i need to go to work..

FAAA: My gal typically sleeps around 1am nowadays, will latch and latch until I so tired and yet dun sleep. Sometimes I let her talk a bit and fall asleep herself when I'm too tired. Having #1 on the other side talking/singing loud during bedtime is not going to help either!

My gal still cannot sit firm, and she will slip while bathing in the bath tub, and with soapy water it's so slippery to hold.

Lainey: Actually direct latch on is much easier! So why pump when your baby is ok with direct latch on?

Dolly: means your gal dun sleep much? My gal sleeps easily at night once I latch her. But the problem is she dun sleep when we go out so she will be super tired and cranky when back home.

I agree that latch on is much easier then pumping. Now I'm on leave cos no maid. I latch her on cos lazy to wash pump parts. Haha

I really envy mummies here who latch. I agree is so much easier, without having to pump and sterilize. Too bad my boy can't really latch since day 1. So I am pumping exclusively.

I would like to check with mummies here how you manage #1 and 2? Isn't it tough? I was discussing with my hubby last week abt having another one. Still wondering when is the best time and if we can cope. Some pple will say keep the age gap close, where some say best to have a gap of 4,5 years. Mentally really tired having to take care of 1 already. Can't imagine having another one. Besides I am already 31... No stamina already..

Kudos to mummies with more than one child.

Miss freedom: your question is exactly the same as mine. At least you are still quite young and also a SAHM. I'm in a tighter situation, age is catching up so it is definitely these 2 years for me or never. I have another question as well, do mummies put your 2 children in the same room? Wouldn't the younger one disturb the elder and vice versa.

freedomlover:
I'm a silent reader and I have a 4 mths gal and a 4 yrs boy. We have been trying since my boy turned 2 but as we were giving up, our gal came along.

And you are right, it's not easy taking care of 2 kids but I guess with such a big age gap, it does help a bit. My boy adores his I baby sister and would entertain her when she gets or when I get busy. I feel that I've neglected my son as I have to spend more time with my demanding gal.

I will always try to put my gal to sleep at 7pm so that I can spend more time with my boy.

Back