(2012/05) May 2012

FAAA: Hope your gal better.
ZP: For my #1, cos he's a boy and it's supposed to be lower chance to get UTI, the PD was quite cautious. After diagnosed w UTI (by e Coli) PD ordered bladder scan (pumping some liquid through penis into the bladder and do the scan). that's to check if there's reflux from bladder back to the kidney. And with that, since the result is negative, so just need to be on anti-biotics. However, my mum doesn't like the idea of taking antibiotic at such a young age for so long, so in the end we only take it for 1 month? Then we off the anti-biotics and he's alright.

Dolly2009:
Oh, I am also very reluctant to let my girl eat the antibiotics for so long but I'm just afraid that this might reoccurre again andi dun want to see her suffer...

Hi zp,

My #1 had same condition as yr bb. She was on anti-biotics for 3 mths and went for the scan. Luckily, the test is negative. I think pd give anti-biotic to protect bb's kidney, in case there's reflux from bladder back to the kidney like what dolly mentioned. There was a case of bb girl having kidney failure because of the reflux, which was identified too late. So, now pd taking extra precaution.

Hope yr bb recover fast

Zp: hope your gal recover soon.

Rabbit: I'm using Beco Gemini and I think it's ok. I chose Gemini over butterfly because I can do forward facing using Gemini.

I'm just wondering if 6 mths of meds is really necessary... I did think of stopping it earlier but am afraid that if it occur again, I'm not going to forgive myself...

My girl's urine test result came bk with germs in her urine. Doc said she need to go for an ultrasound to determine if she has structural abnormality. So worrying. Scheduled to go bk to see him on Tue for another round of urine test and to explain to me the why and how.
sad.gif

ZP: Yeah, 6 mths like too long,so in the end we din followed

FAAA: sound like the same scan as my #1, it's to scan if the urine got flow from bladder back to kidney, just to assure that no such issue.

FAAA: why the dr ask for the scan leh? For #1, our pd said it's because boy harder to get uti that's why need to scan to acertain it's not due to some defect. It's more common for gal to get uti. Anyway, we did circumcision for him after that. Since he was still young ard 6 mth old, easier to handle cos he wont scratch

Dolly: Dr suggest ultrasound to make sure there is no structural abnormality. Prob to check her kidneys. Germs in urine but not sure if it is UTI. Will get more info on Tue when we go bk for review. These few days my gal poo so much until her bum all red (becos of the antibiotics). Fart also got poo. Wash and wash.
sad.gif

I wanted to do circumcision for my son too but got different reviews so ended up cant make a decision. Now he so old already so think have to abandon the thought.

FAAA: I was told to do circumcision as early as possible cos baby cannot feel the pain at that age! I was surprised to hear that, and if people had told me that earlier, I might have done it when he's even younger!

Hope your gal is ok, and now you reminded me, that antibiodics got poo poo one...

hey mummies, i've been away for a while. Good to see you all active. anyone who wants to try the medela steam bags, PM me. finally got the contact fr a friend. how much water do you guys feed your babies? and anyone trying to keep up ebm or latching on for one year? how's your supply? a lot of frozen bm too?

From a June 2009 mummy whose gal is having acute leukemia:
"Dear Mommies who have kiddos above 3 yrs old, can help me call Wyeth Nutrition @ 1800 688 6886 to request for Promise Gold Stage 4 sachet sample? Bcos due to hygiene problem and often need to travel to hospital for treatment, those sachet is more convenient and hygiene and pass or mail to me. Million thanks ya"
Appreciate if you have a 3yo can help to call, I'll get the address for you to send to. Heard postage should be 32cents

wow didn't know that this thread is still so active ..

Ask u ladies, those who introduce porridge to ur babies, hw much milk are you giving ur bb for the entire day ?

FAAA: hope yr gal's urine test tmr turn out to ok. My boy was circumcised when he was a month old, never regret it. I was really reluctant then but I'm so glad that my hubby adamant abt it. He din feel much pain after the procedure and he recovered after 4 days.

liang2 and Dolly: yes, I regretted not circumcising my son when he was a small baby he's prob too old to go thru it now. He prob feel pain and will scratch. But too late for regrets now.

My gal is much better now no fever since Tue. But a lot of poo due to the antibiotics. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the urine test turn out ok tmr. I'm actually quite worried abt the scan too. Lets hope for good news tmr

FAAA: Hope the scan result ok!
The scan is just for a little while, my son din cry until the last part cos he got to pee out the liquid. Then we found that he cant pee without diaper!

rabbitz: I wore wired bra long ago lah! But try to wear on alternate days

BTW, the stage 4 milk sachet is oos now, probably too many mummies asking for it. Anyway, I ordered sample for my gal, they have ready stock for stage 2
happy.gif

My gal already 6 mth, so nanny tried introducing porridge, but she dun like leh.
Now got dark green poo poo some more

On TRA progress, just "discover" I could wear size 12 again! Still got 1 more month to go, hopefully can further down to my ideal wt!

Dolly: Thanks for concern. Today the urine test was 'normal' but they still need to bring sample to the lab to check for cultures.

Doc ordered a detailed scan to check abnormality of her kidneys and u know what, earliest appt is on next Wed 7 Nov. so we are in suspense for another week.
sad.gif

Congrats on going one size down again. Keep up the good work and hope you reach your ideal weight soon.
happy.gif

I haven't pump in a week and today I did a pump at 3pm and got only 150ml and my gal latch latch at 10am. So looks like my milk supply is reducing. My new helper arrived on Monday so I will not be latching on my gal in the day anymore so that she can get used to the helper feeding her. Btw her milk intake has not increased since she was a month old. Now she still drinking only 120-130ml per feed. She turned 5 months on Sunday. I also haven't fed her any solids yet. Intend to feed only milk until she turns 6 months.

FAAA: dun worry, sure no problem one! I found nowadays PD or doctor super kiasu and rely a lot tests instead of observation... wonder if I think too much
happy.gif

My gal has been super duper sticky! I'm one handed when she ard, cos got to carry her. My back ACHES after a weekends of carrying!

hehe... actually I down 2 sizes liao ..hahaha

Dolly: Good for you. U know what, everytime I bring my gal to the doc I will weigh myself also. I actually lost quite abit of weight. Now I weigh lesser than when I had #1. Maybe it's becos I keep falling sick plus the latching on and taking care of baby is taking its toll on me.

Hi Mummies, need your advice. My boy been having ("rough skin" on his tummy). It is rough to the touch and looks like "goose pimples". He had some spots of roughness at his elbow too. Been to the PD and was prescribed with PhysioGel Intensive and Desowen (was told to apply if there is redness). Been applying the PhysioGel Intensive for close to a month but the roughness don't seem to have improve. Would like to know if any mummies have experienced this before and what method you use to help restore the baby smooth skin. Thank you very much.

Hi yingzz, have added you in fb already. I saw your baby's photo. So cute!!!

Hi FAAA, hope your girl will be fine
happy.gif

My boy turn 5 month last week, and he is still drinking only 100-110ml . I think different babies has got different appetite.

Lainey: Have you started solids? I haven't. My gal very naughty.. 80% of the time she doesn't finish her milk. Maybe drinking 90-100ml only. But she loves to latch. I'm thinking of stop pumping when I go bk to work and only latch at night

FAAA,
Not yet. Will start when he is 6 months.
My hubby and me are going for a talk about weaning babies by nestle. It's free admission and seems to be v suitable for us.
Any mummies interested? can send email to them. i have attached a photo on it
happy.gif

I'm also latching on during night on weekdays and full day during weekends. My boy also v naughty! He doesn't want bottle when I'm around. If anybody gives him bottle at home, he will get v angry and start to cry and shout =___=

Lainey:
Added you already.. hope its the correct person xD..
Thanks for sharing this! I just sent them an email.. hopefully got space.. Trying for 10 Nov slot.. u?

Lyn:
Weird somehow my post didnt go thru last night.. my baby also got rough skin, but its around thigh and elbow region.. PD say prob due to dryness.. and gave me moisturizer (Sorbolene cream) to apply twice a day.. seem to be getting better but still have roughness..

Ytd watsons member sale seba-med less 25% for baby bubble bath. I got one pack, duno good or not.

FAAA: my boy also sale like yr gal, drink little and now even cereal also 50% spillage. At coming 6mths, 100ml seem very little right? I cant 'force' him to drink more too, he will use hand and hit away the bottle!

Are there any other tools to make puree baby food other than using electrical blender? (not sure mine can sterilize the parts or not)

I've seen Munchskin as a plastic handheld type, any feedback? Or i should get those baby food maker sets that comes with a wooden stick to pound the food?

Combi has this 'porridge maker' product which looks like a mini hot flask. Product description are all in Japanese. Wondering can really cook porridge in it? If really can then quite handy to cook small quantity for baby.

rabbitz: For my #1, I just used the Pigeon food maker set. Quite useful as it has the wooden stick, strainer etc. most of the time I just used a fork to smash the food. Never used a blender

For babies who sleep thru the night (8-12 hours), do you change their diapers in between? My gal may have contracted UTI last week, afraid if dont change will reoccur

FAAA> I do not change my boy diaper in between , i would usually change when he first wakes up and asks for milk. my boy tends to pee lesser at night ..

Rabbitz,

I have that pigeon porridge maker. It's GREAT! Save time. Just follow the instructions, rice and water measurement and cook it together with our rice.

I will usually cook one pot of chicken/pork soup, freeze the soups into portions just nice that can cook porridge using that pigeon container. When it's done, you will have chicken/pork porridge.

I have lots of access breastmilk though. Anybody knows if I can donate them to the hospitals? My gynea says I can but he didn't know details. Anyone knows?

June,
I dont use rice cooker and seldom eat rice at home. Any other method to cook the porridge in the pigeon porridge maker?

There is a wire mesh tool, are we supposed to use a big spoon to scoop and mesh the porridge over it to strain it or the cooked porridge will already be pureed enough?

Hi Rabbitz,

That gadget is for rice cooker usage only. If don't use rice cooker than you can just buy any food maker set that includes a mesher. Otherwise, you can invest in the philips steaming+blending machine. There is demo at jurong point kiddy palace store. Not sure if it's still available now. There's another brand that allows you to cook rice + blend it at the same time but it costs about $500+. Not worth it.

The pigeon mesher uses just normal spoon to mesh the porridge until it looks like a rice puree. I highly recommend to those who cook rice daily using rice cooker. No need to waste electricity slow cooking porrdige the whole day.

Hi Faaa, yes I change my boy's diaper at 8pm before feeding then put him to bed. Will wake him up at 12am to change diaper then feed. I'm using mamy poko for night, it can last till next morning. Day time I'm using Huggies or pet pet and change every 3-4 hrs.

My boy is still drinking milk 6 times a day 120ml each feed. Have not started him on cereal. Asked pd and he said can start to try spoon feeding him anytime now. Shall try next week. He's 7.8kg and 65cm now.

Hi Phyllis, my girl is 7.3kg and 66cm now. Milk intake by bottle reduced to abt 80-90ml. If she is in a good mood, she can finish 120ml but rarely. I intend to wait till she pass 6 months before giving cereal.

I'm also using Mamypoko. Her last diaper change will be abt 9pmand I will change her when she wakes which is abt 6-9hrs later but most times diaper still quite dry

rabbitz: I hv a philip steam n blend but i hv not used it at all..I cook the porridge n just mesh with the back of a spoon when I started my boy on soild at 4 mths, now he is 6 mths n I no longer mash it..

he is also drinking lesser n he is snacking on gerbers, baby rice cracker (pigeon), bread...he likes to eat!
happy.gif

FAAA: My gal has been waking up almost every 1 to 2 hours at night and must latch else she cry loud and wake up! I didn't change her diaper though.
Hope Wed got good news from you!

My gal 6 mth but still not good at solids, will start to vomit everything including milk at the 3rd spoon! She's teething and got a bit of teeth (white line)

Lyn: My gal was having ROUGH legs, then PD prescribed physioGel AI cream, it works. Now her face turn to go rough... huh Must be the saliva!

Hi Dolly, Thanks for sharing. Will try AI cream. My boy's cheeks also rough and red. My mom thought he had "rosy" cheeks! wahaha!

Supply was good for morning pump... it's either
1. After weekend continuous latchin
2. Brands Chicken Essence!!!
Think I'll try Brands again next time. But for the next few days, got to work out of office, so might hv no chance to pump. Hopefully supply dun drop too much
happy.gif

Lyn: AI cream can only get from PD, dun think u can buy off the shelf!

FAAA: Yeah, tiring right? And I tried to pat her to sleep, but she will just get louder and might even open eyes and dun sleep. So I give in :p

hahaha... just try an old pants suit, happy that I can fit into them now
Just less than one more month to complete on my TRA program. Time really flies!

My boy also likes to eat teething biscuit from Heinz,but very messy and after it dossolves, drops all over the place.

Any of your baby start to sit up or crawl? Mine can rotate but still learning to co-ordinate his limbs to crawl.

qn for mummies who make home made cereal, can I freeze cooked rice or porridge? I would prefer to prepare fresh porridge everyday, but the portion that bb is eating is so small, can i actually cook that little rice/porridge in a normal rice cooker? I don't want to be cooking a whole batch when bb is only taking a few tablespoons ....

Dolly: My right breast is drying up. I get only 30-40ml after a 6hr interval. Left still ok. Now currently only pumping once a day. Baby is also not taking much milk.

Yingzz: I don't think u can freeze rice/porridge. Only purée. Normally we start cooking only 1 tablespoon of uncooked rice to make porridge. Initially baby will eat little but the portion will gradually increase. There will definitely be wastage intially

yumii: I have a small pot for cooking baby's porridge. My helper makes two portions, one for his lunch and one for dinner. Better not to freeze porridge, according to my mother, overnight porridge is very cooling, so def not for our babies..

Been really tired at work.. and baby is teething so he is very cranky this time..the last time he had two teeeth, we dont even know.. from somewhere, he caught this viral infection which erupts into spots like measles...doc said it is false measles, not itchy, looks very ugly coz all over the body but no discomfort..he can play and eat and does all the same things..just that he looks spotty
sad.gif

how are you mummies? I am very tired.. and have been thinking of stopping work to take care of baby myself..

Back