(2012/05) May 2012

Jazzlyne: No my doc din tok abt inducing, just say anytime soon so wait for symptoms. U mean u still bleeding?

My tummy oso feel slightly tight and now bb move so much like she wants to push out of my tummy like in aliens!

Jazzlyne: No my doc din tok abt inducing, just say anytime soon so wait for symptoms. U mean u still bleeding?

My tummy oso feel slightly tight and now bb move so much like she wants to push out of my tummy like in aliens!

Ak,
no problem....
happy.gif
Maybe its best to discuss w hb what is the best course of action. Also, no need to be unduly worried abt the pain. For my #1, at 9cm dilation, i was still happily taking photos in the delivery suite. No pain relief used at all. I can't describe the process as painful... but v intense. Very much like pushing yrself v hard during sports or in the gym. Muscles, whole body all working v hard... but u don't describe tt as painful rite? Anyway... nowadays the option is always there to have a completely pain free delivery. Unlike our mums or grandmas time. So no need to worry... The more u relax, the easier the delivery.

Olivia,
My gynae didn't do an episiotomy for my #2. I delivered v fast. In fact, the midwives were holding my legs straight stopping me fr pushing coz gynae not there yet. And the funniest thing was tt i didn't do a single push. 3 huge involuntary contractions pushed out water, water, and then bb's head. Gynae came just in time to catch the head. I delivered in my home clothes coz no time to change me. All soaked w blood
sad.gif
So confirm no episiotomy. But #1 my hb vaguely remembers he did. #1 was 3.1kg. Both births were completely without any pain relief.
Recovery was fast. I delivered #2 on Sat. The week i came home, i was mopping the floor. Haha.. So no problems at all.

Moments,
Hows yr bb girl??

Ak,
no problem....
happy.gif
Maybe its best to discuss w hb what is the best course of action. Also, no need to be unduly worried abt the pain. For my #1, at 9cm dilation, i was still happily taking photos in the delivery suite. No pain relief used at all. I can't describe the process as painful... but v intense. Very much like pushing yrself v hard during sports or in the gym. Muscles, whole body all working v hard... but u don't describe tt as painful rite? Anyway... nowadays the option is always there to have a completely pain free delivery. Unlike our mums or grandmas time. So no need to worry... The more u relax, the easier the delivery.

Olivia,
My gynae didn't do an episiotomy for my #2. I delivered v fast. In fact, the midwives were holding my legs straight stopping me fr pushing coz gynae not there yet. And the funniest thing was tt i didn't do a single push. 3 huge involuntary contractions pushed out water, water, and then bb's head. Gynae came just in time to catch the head. I delivered in my home clothes coz no time to change me. All soaked w blood
sad.gif
So confirm no episiotomy. But #1 my hb vaguely remembers he did. #1 was 3.1kg. Both births were completely without any pain relief.
Recovery was fast. I delivered #2 on Sat. The week i came home, i was mopping the floor. Haha.. So no problems at all.

Moments,
Hows yr bb girl??

Ak,
no problem....
happy.gif

Olivia,
sad.gif

Moments,
Hows yr bb girl??

Newbie,
Take care.... rest more in hospital. The broken up sleep at nite will take a while to adjust. But u can do it! Rest as much as possible tho.... To establish milk ss.
Truly there is nothing like finally holding the little one who had been poking n kicking u for months safely in yr arms
happy.gif

Newbie,
Take care.... rest more in hospital. The broken up sleep at nite will take a while to adjust. But u can do it! Rest as much as possible tho.... To establish milk ss.
Truly there is nothing like finally holding the little one who had been poking n kicking u for months safely in yr arms
happy.gif

Newbie,
happy.gif

Chocolate teddy: now become brown discharge lor. Bb pressing hard at pelvis area.
Hm... Mayb becoz I am near my EDD date ba so doc suggest induce.

Chocolate teddy: now become brown discharge lor. Bb pressing hard at pelvis area.

Jazzlyne: When's ur edd? Bb fully engaged? My pelvis n cervix oso hurt alot n sometimes hv short sharp pains. U ready to be induced since ur doc suggested?

Jazzlyne: When's ur edd? Bb fully engaged? My pelvis n cervix oso hurt alot n sometimes hv short sharp pains. U ready to be induced since ur doc suggested?

I also experience the short sharp shooting pain at groin area, is that a sign of going to pop soon? I'm 37w liao but gynea say edd still remain at 40w. Ligament pain at
Bikini line is also more n more painful, I've to walk with a limp.

I also experience the short sharp shooting pain at groin area, is that a sign of going to pop soon? I'm 37w liao but gynea say edd still remain at 40w. Ligament pain at

Yup bb engaged leh n my EDD on 3 may so doc say better to induce.
I can feel the bb weight at the pelvis area lor when stand up. When bb try to wriggle, the feeling of peeing is sooo strong tar when u go toliet, nothing come out.

Now tummy feel farni although staining is lesser. Tightness of tummy still there hm..... Not sure if it's 心里在做用

Just brought my bb gal to check her jaurdice level again . Doc says if >15.1 then will definitely need to admit le... I dunno is it cos I this time round totally did not give bb water and myself keep drinking red dates water and also nv drink water. This time round bb like more yellow than my 2 boys..

I get scolded from my fren that got 3 le Shd be more experience.. I guess this time round without my grandma really all things doesn't goes smoothly.. Really missed those days that with her... thinking of her really makes me sad and bb now like that I really blame myself. Sometime know too much may not be a good thing too.. Like my last boys I din know so much and nv read from website. Sometimes dunno is good or bad to know so much.

moment: try not to have negative thoughts! We are prone to depression at this time.
every baby is different, this time my gal poo right in the first day and continue to have black black poo till today. She got pinkish urine at discharge too, but I just let her latch as much as she wants. Won't be giving her water too. She has jaundice level of 11.9 ytd and doctor said of level of 12 will not be able to discharge. Trying to give her as much BM as she can take and hopefully the level will go down. But she always sleep after 10 min or so, and then wake up again in another 10 min and demand for drink again! When she's asleep halfway, I tried touch here touch there she just won't want to suck anymore... haha

Moment, dun b so harsh on urself. Each BB is different. Anyway, jaundice is quite common in newborns. Light treatment not painful to BB also, juz that parents gotta pay more $. Relax & enjoy ur new precious princess.

CL leaving nxt mon! Will be on my own soon, hope I can manage & MeiMei cooperate & sleep btr at nite.

dolly, yah BB turning 1 mth old nxt wk on 1st May. My CL is from Msia. For urs, after 16 days, anyone taking over? Or ur mum or MIL will help out til 28 days?

sardonyx: any contraction pain? for my #1, i can feel slight contraction pain when there's brownish red discharge. but my waterbag did not break.

Moments: Are you breastfeeding your girl? My #4 (girl) was TBF and her jaundice was there for abt a month, if not more. I remember going to hospital every so often to check her levels and she was even admitted for 2-3 days at some point cause her level was so high. Apparently, it's known as breastmilk jaundice or something and it's normal. I did not supplement her with other liquids but carried on breastfeeding. Occasionally, I 'sunned' her. In the end, she was fine. I understand that it must be worrying and even a little stressful but it's gonna be ok with yours too.

Sardonyx: Yes, that could be 'the show'. However, you may not feel contractions till a few days later, say frm tmr onwards. Until then, just monitor yourself.

babysean: Actually it's quite shocking when CL told me she only got 16 days of stay, probably cos she just came over not too long ago. Now we still thinking whether to let her try going back at the end of 16 days and see if she can come back for another 2 weeks or so.

Dolly: Totally understand how u feel now. My CL also nearly left after 10+ days. Can ur CL help u find a replacement after she left?

Preg final Month and after deliver hv to avoid ginger to prevent bb jaundice. True that jaundice is common but it seems helpless that there isn't anything we can do to prevent
sad.gif

Thanks all for ur concern.. Her level suppose to be 15 but today shoots up to 16,5 so no choice got to admit. I was so heart pain when she admitted and now my eyes were so swollen and pain.

Yes Sasah this is what I heard that bf will cause jaurdice to last longer. I already starts on formula and express my milk to keep it first.. Hopefully she won't reject my bf by then.

I afraid I might get depression as my 2 boys keep snatching and fighting I really can't handle. Only when they goes sch then we can in peace. Plus now confinement don drink water only drink red dates water afraid I express milk will pass to hv as the herbs and ginger will make yellow. Plus sweating
and my backside now got rashes. I don care le drink water whereby I tot this time is last one then do a better confinement now I guess I can't..

I so missed my gal now.

Good evening , how's everyone ? Recently I don't feel well , frequent headache and can't sleep well in the night
sad.gif

My elder gal is so clingy to me, asked Hubby to bath her but she insisted she wants me ...
Sasha : wow this is your 4th child
happy.gif
are you a SAHM or working mum?
Does all of you standby an electrical breast pump ? I have a avent manual pump and thinking should I get an eletrical one ?

Moment: yes, baby w me now, PD said her jaundice might be highest tomorrow cos it shoots up on 5-7th day, we are going to see PD this coming Monday.
Is yours and your baby blood type different? For me and both my boy and girl, we are of different blood type (mine is A while they are both O) so there's higher chance of getting jaundice too.

For the gal this time, her jaundice looks a bit better than my boy last time, and PD also didn't ask us to supplement w FM (which she did and we supplement FM for day in the hospital before discharge). So I just sun bath her before 10:30am and hope she catch more sun. Also feed her as much as possible so that she got more liquid. I can understand how you feel, cos I only have one elder boy and he's already giving me quite a few headache, and he do get more cranky nowadays, got to scold him a few times. Also he's having running nose now, got to take care that he dun get too close to my gal. PD advised me to let him stroke her legs instead of kissing or touch her face...etc, so as not to pass gems to her. And of course, I continue to breastfeed so that can provide some immunity as I'm coughing and also having running nose
happy.gif

babysean: yeah, a bit worrying, but luckily my mum is staying w me for this while, so not totally helpless, but bad enough.

Moments: Yes, I understand how difficult it must be to juggle with older kids around. But it definitely helps to have them in childcare, at least in my situation. My 3 eldest kids were in childcare for half day in the mornings. I fetch them about lunchtime, they will have an afternoon nap frm 2pm to abt 5pm. By 8pm my kids are usually in bed, whether they are tired or not. Having a routine has definitely helped me managed my day and time and helps me keep sane esp since I am a SAHM with no help at all. Take each day at a time and don't be afraid to ask for help. Having some time off for yourself also helps, even for an hour or 2.

Snowy: This will be my 5th child. As for breast pump, def recommend electric one

Hi snowy, if u are getting a electric pump let me know I bought an avent set recently and my fren bought me another set. If u wan can let me know I can sell to u. I bought at the philip fair Shd be cheaper than outside.

Wow Sasha this ur fifth one? U are so steady.. Ur kids diff by how old? So envy that u know how to manage them.. Maybe I am those type that hv no patience and get agitated easily. My elder boy keep saying I don love him whenever he couldn't get the things he asked for. But even u said ok he will throw tantrum and said I don love him. I know he was jealous, for my younger boy he more adapt to maid than me so he not really jealous.

Dolly, yes my girl is diff blood grp she is o and my 2 boys are a and ab. My hubby and me is a and b. all types of blood grp.
Maybe my gal is o that is why she is esp higher? Ya my fren told me abt the blood grp as well,, I hope is due to this reason..
Now I expressed the milk out so when she came bk fr hospital I tot of starting her bk with BM but not sure Shd I take the latest one as the beginning one I afraid myself din drink water and all those herbs that I took will cos the milk to be more yellow. Any advise?

Bb Sean:

Ya I enjoying time with her but when I knew that she confirm got to stay in I am v sad and automatic will broke down even though I knew that in hospital got prof taking care of her. My hubby still said that I Shd admit her earlier when her j level is 15 and now I drag another day she will takes longer to recover. Which is truth also but I just for of if can don admit then better.. And ppl ard me keep saying 3rd one le Shd be more exps. This makes me really sad and I keep thinking is it I did not drink water this time round that y cause all the herbs that I took and goes to her..

Stay in hospital really ex. For 2 nights already abt 800. And my PD charges was 400 for 2 days. Total I need to fork out abt 500 cash as PD charges only can claim 50 per day.

Chocolateteddy: Now, there's pain and when I wiped with tissue, there's blood! My next appointment is supposed to be tomorrow. EDD is May 11.

Sardonyx: O no, u think can wait till tomo or u wanna go a&e liao? Wat kind of pain? Do u think it's the show? Need pad? Can call hospital n ask? Ur edd vry close to mine, 10 may.

moments: My CL told me she gave me less ginger in my meals now. And as for herbs, other than red dates water and soup I didn't have other yet. Think can only start to "bu" after 12th day? I'm also not so sure, just eat whatever she cooked
happy.gif

And yeah, dun care about what other says, each pregnancy is different and each baby is a different individual! This time my gal can suck better but she will fuss a lot before latching on. Last time my boy forgot about how to latch every time. All different behaviour

Hi chocoteddy thanks for ur concern.
If u hv blood and no symptom means bb will be out soon if u don hv any cramp sitting can wait till unless ur blood is a lot, A lot or if u hv 5 mins interval then u hv to go hospital.

Sardonyx: Maybe you can call your doctor to check? Each pregnancy is different. Just to be safe.

Moments: My no 1 also have high level of jaundice. My confinement lady back then bath my daughter in yellow herb water. Go to the medicial hall and ask they will know. My colleague's bb also like that bath already the levels reduced. I also rented the UV bed previously to put at home but she did not want to lie in it. Waste my money... things will be fine. Don't cry to so much. Not good for you.

Small Bb:
Anyone has a small bb? My gynae said that my baby is very small. Eg: expected to be at least 2.1Kg but now only 1.6 Kg. I am worried... Anyone has this problem?

Back