(2012/05) May 2012

Thanks, resting most of the time. Still on drip

I used Cordyceps During confinement last time to try to cure my cough. Should be good. Dun think it affect bm.
The thing to avoid should be alcohol, my cl mixed it w hot water to let the alcohol evaporated first before I drank

I used Cordyceps During confinement last time to try to cure my cough. Should be good. Dun think it affect bm.
The thing to avoid should be alcohol, my cl mixed it w hot water to let the alcohol evaporated first before I drank

Congrats to the new mummies who have safely delivered!

Just registered with the hospital today and also got examined by the midwife. At the moment, all is good with the baby weighing 2.5kg at 35 weeks. Hopefully we'll manage to get to Week 37 so that we can attempt a water birth. I suppose it's just a waiting game now and in the meantime, setting everything up and getting it all ready.

Just registered with the hospital today and also got examined by the midwife. At the moment, all is good with the baby weighing 2.5kg at 35 weeks. Hopefully we'll manage to get to Week 37 so that we can attempt a water birth. I suppose it's just a waiting game now and in the meantime, setting everything up and getting it all ready.

Dear Candymix,
MO = Medical Officers = qualified doctors (think it’s very junior doctor).

The MO who attended to me is not trained in ECV (she told me herself) and she had referred my case to a consultant who is trained in ECV.
I did not ask for the consultant’s name.

I will be going down to KKH on 30 April for a ultrasound scan to determine my suitability for an ECV. Will check out the consultant’s name for you.

Dear Candymix,

The MO who attended to me is not trained in ECV (she told me herself) and she had referred my case to a consultant who is trained in ECV.

I will be going down to KKH on 30 April for a ultrasound scan to determine my suitability for an ECV. Will check out the consultant’s name for you.

Dear Candymix,

Thanks to Mummies.. Finally yest can at least rest well with my wound recovering. After the visiting hrs, although all went home but I was being disturb by her snoring.. So the 1st day was damn terrible... Lucky she was discharged the 2nd day.

I only can be able to enjoy half a day with the single room without patient hahah.. Then evening there is another patient Liao. This time round although wife indo chi but hubby Indian so fast night got visitors le. But still ok. ;)

I can discharge today le but now waiting for bb jaurdice result. Yest doc said no sign of jaurdice but today she says looks like the jaurdice shoots up quite fast. If the result counts is less than 11 then can go home if not bb got to stay in

Result be out at 10plus. Pray hard

Thanks to Mummies.. Finally yest can at least rest well with my wound recovering. After the visiting hrs, although all went home but I was being disturb by her snoring.. So the 1st day was damn terrible... Lucky she was discharged the 2nd day.

I only can be able to enjoy half a day with the single room without patient hahah.. Then evening there is another patient Liao. This time round although wife indo chi but hubby Indian so fast night got visitors le. But still ok. ;)

I can discharge today le but now waiting for bb jaurdice result. Yest doc said no sign of jaurdice but today she says looks like the jaurdice shoots up quite fast. If the result counts is less than 11 then can go home if not bb got to stay in

Chocolateteddy

For cong I heard for latest stage even u took no effect le as well as bird nest.

For confinement I saw from confinement book can take. All herbs u can take moderate as long as not too much it won't affect bf. bird nest according to the medical hall I bought herbs they said must take bird nest so tat our body not that heaty. As for me my body is heaty so must take.

But according to my mil she said she saw from some books that confinement can't take bird nest.. So also dunno. But ppl give hamper got bird nest so I think I will take bah

Chocolateteddy

For cong I heard for latest stage even u took no effect le as well as bird nest.

For confinement I saw from confinement book can take. All herbs u can take moderate as long as not too much it won't affect bf. bird nest according to the medical hall I bought herbs they said must take bird nest so tat our body not that heaty. As for me my body is heaty so must take.

But according to my mil she said she saw from some books that confinement can't take bird nest.. So also dunno. But ppl give hamper got bird nest so I think I will take bah

Chocolateteddy

Moment, my gal's jaundice also appear only on the 3rd day. Friend's boy too, then bcoz she discharged already, end up send bb bk to KKH for another 2 more days. Hope ur gal can go bk with u today. :p

Moment, my gal's jaundice also appear only on the 3rd day. Friend's boy too, then bcoz she discharged already, end up send bb bk to KKH for another 2 more days. Hope ur gal can go bk with u today. :p

Hi babysean y ur fren bring back to k k?

U meant she discharge le then how come went bk again? Goes home got what symptoms?

Nurse just told me, my bb can goes home with me... Thank God!!

U meant she discharge le then how come went bk again? Goes home got what symptoms?

Yah, BB go hm then nxt day receive call need to send BB bk bcoz of jaundice. Maybe her boy lab result out late? So he went bk alone for 2 days.

Yah, BB go hm then nxt day receive call need to send BB bk bcoz of jaundice. Maybe her boy lab result out late? So he went bk alone for 2 days.

Oic u meant result not out when bb discharged?

I am home le, Milk start to come in Liao and begin to engorge. I think when bb drink le I need to pump out and keep in the freezer. If not I like too much milk..

I am home le, Milk start to come in Liao and begin to engorge. I think when bb drink le I need to pump out and keep in the freezer. If not I like too much milk..

Can anyone advise if perineal massage for natural birth can really reduce the chance of having a tear? Is the massage process painful? My gynea says can only start from week 37.

Can anyone advise if perineal massage for natural birth can really reduce the chance of having a tear? Is the massage process painful? My gynea says can only start from week 37.

Rabbitz: my gynae say by all means try but Asian perinium not very elastic so likelihood of tearing still quite common. A few of my gfs still tore or had episiotomies even with perineal massage. But I say still do it anyways. I also ask my dh to do for me starting from week 36. But end up I may just go for csection cos baby rather large.

Rabbitz: my gynae say by all means try but Asian perinium not very elastic so likelihood of tearing still quite common. A few of my gfs still tore or had episiotomies even with perineal massage. But I say still do it anyways. I also ask my dh to do for me starting from week 36. But end up I may just go for csection cos baby rather large.

Olivia, how big was yr BB? At 35w my bb was 2.6kg and gynea estimate birth weight to be 3.2-3.3kg. I asked him if BB will be too big for me (i'm quite small size, pre-preg weight 46kg) he just say try natural.Guess all gyneas are pro-natural. But for me if 50-50% i rather opt elective c-sec than last min emergency c-sec. This weekend will be my next appt at 37w, wonder how big bb grow.. now BB movmenet is painful, so i an quite paraniod is it bcos bb was big?

Olivia, how big was yr BB? At 35w my bb was 2.6kg and gynea estimate birth weight to be 3.2-3.3kg. I asked him if BB will be too big for me (i'm quite small size, pre-preg weight 46kg) he just say try natural.Guess all gyneas are pro-natural. But for me if 50-50% i rather opt elective c-sec than last min emergency c-sec. This weekend will be my next appt at 37w, wonder how big bb grow.. now BB movmenet is painful, so i an quite paraniod is it bcos bb was big?

Rabbitz: at 35 weeks my bb also about 2.7 kg only so gynae say est birth weight 3.3 kg so I happily thinking can do natural. My pre preg weight about 55kg.

But at week 37, suddenly bb already 3.3 kg! I also dunno what I ate those 2 weeks to bring about that growth spurt, perhaps too much steak. So est full term weight became 3.8 kg. Gynae also say why not try natural and see how it goes, but I feel the chances of emergency csection seem high with such a big baby, so opting for elective csection at week 39, most probably next week, will confirm again with gynae at my next appt on Saturday.

I think u still have time to decide. Wait for your week 37 appt and see how much bb has grown. I think 3.3 kg doable. But if u not confident like me, perhaps just csection lor. I am quite ok not going natural actually.

Rabbitz: at 35 weeks my bb also about 2.7 kg only so gynae say est birth weight 3.3 kg so I happily thinking can do natural. My pre preg weight about 55kg.

But at week 37, suddenly bb already 3.3 kg! I also dunno what I ate those 2 weeks to bring about that growth spurt, perhaps too much steak. So est full term weight became 3.8 kg. Gynae also say why not try natural and see how it goes, but I feel the chances of emergency csection seem high with such a big baby, so opting for elective csection at week 39, most probably next week, will confirm again with gynae at my next appt on Saturday.

I think u still have time to decide. Wait for your week 37 appt and see how much bb has grown. I think 3.3 kg doable. But if u not confident like me, perhaps just csection lor. I am quite ok not going natural actually.

Olivia, 3.8kg is really huge! From what i hear >3.5kg usually will end up emergency c-sec. During the final month, bb estimate will put on abt 200g/week from what i read. So if that is true, my BB estimated birth weight will be about +/-3.6kg?

My own weight only increase abt 0.5kg from 35-now 36.5w

Olivia, 3.8kg is really huge! From what i hear >3.5kg usually will end up emergency c-sec. During the final month, bb estimate will put on abt 200g/week from what i read. So if that is true, my BB estimated birth weight will be about +/-3.6kg?

Back