(2012/05) May 2012

Amy >> Dr tham chrg $35 for the test

Keiko >> my appt on mon where i'll b 37w5d .. So not sure will he check cervix .. Btw when's ur EDD ? Our edd seems close to each other rite

Hi keiko

Sorry when is ur edd again.. Ya I hope will be nx week after I seen doc on mon. This weekend must try to finish all my unfinished tasks. Still thinking of who to get for my massage. Tomoro will be doing a pre natal massage see if this messeur is good then will consider to engage her for post natal

Mrs Ho: he checked cervix that time when he did my swap test and told me still long way to go.. On Wed he only scan and said head is 2/3 there... And if I got feel anything... I told him sudden sharp pain at vagina there when I was lying down one of the night.. And he say "uh-huh..." with a big grin (I don't know he so happy abt what.. lol

My EDD is 6 May but everything Will be in place if baby pop after 1 may... I'll be free from work commitment and hubby alrdy block his dates all for baby n me till 11th may...

Thanks babysean for the info.. But hopefully my laptop will be ready by then..

Keiko, is normal u will get more pain and feel it more often. Now I also keep feeling it. To my gynae is normal unless u get contraction every 5 mins or water bag burst then go hospital.

When walking will get more painful then lying down. Yest I kept have the pinch but keep monitor is not contraction so still alright. Can't sleep till 2plus when I woke up at 11plus to look for food. This morning woke up at 6plus already and prepare my boy to go for class. Now waiting for him to come out..

Moment: yeah... the pain started a month ago... but lying down n sudden pain below only came that day... woah... you're having a tiring day with little sleep... better go hem and have a nap later... rest more! unless wana pop soon then walk more.. hee..

Hi all!

I have some rompers for give-aways. My baby is only 4months young, so the condition of these rompers are not that bad. Self-collection at CCK.

Also have a blue mesh baby bouncer (those you can find in Kiddy Palace) to let go.

PM me if keen, thanks!

Hi mummies,I bought too many packets of the above wipes for my confinement. Have a few extra packets to let go. Retail is $4plus. Letting go at $3. Self collect at cck area. (item is rather heavy so no pt go by mail)

I m open to exchange for pureen/johnson bb wipes, petpet, goon, huggies sz s diapers too. 1 packet exchange for 10-15 pc of diapers (depending on brand)

6943336.jpg

6943337.jpg

Hi ladies, just back from gynae appointment. 37w 4d and bb is 3.3 kg. full term estimated 3.7 kg. gynae say still can try natural but I very scared cannot go through with delivery such a big baby. Thinking of csection next week at 38/39 weeks. Dilemma...

I didnt know baby does not need to drink too much water, thot we could just feed them some throughout the day..thanks for the info! Cross fingers that my first breastfeeding experience would be good..
happy.gif

Olivia, you are seeing Dr Liauw at TLC as well right? Your bb is much bigger than mine
happy.gif
Next Tues she is going to measure but at 35wks, he is only abt 2.4kg..did she suggest you to go c-sect?

Little dotty: yes I'm also seeing dr Liauw. She's quite pro natural and is encouraging me to still try for natural. But I'm the one who's freaked out and getting cold feet at this point. My
bb was 2.7kg at 35 weeks. I just don't feel confident that I can do it natural. Scared of bad tearing. So although apprehensive, am considering elective csection now.

Yours sounds like a good weight to go natural! Think your edd and mine quite close right. Mine is may 9.

Thelittleonesinmylife: how long did the poo-ing event go on until you really deliver? I'm been having such routine for quite some time already but I'm not ready to deliver coz hubby not around! :/

Hi Olivia
Wow ur bb is big... But must see ur weight. If ur built is big then Shd be no prob going natural.. My 1st boy was 3.2 but my built is small. My gynae still ask me to try natural. In the end I manage to do it so can u..

Keiko
Nope I can't sleep in the afternoon de. Now feel sleepy but can't sleep. I rushed to alot of places today to send my laptop for repair. End up hv to wait for 7-10days for the laptop to be bk. by then I give birth le bah..

Mummies, Any idea are there apps that I can download on iPhone to watch hk drama other then pptv or letv. These 2 websites now no show de..

Thelittleonesinmylife >> Yup me too .. and today i feel like I'm having gastric sort of pain all around my tummy area ... are these signs also ?? But when i lie down sideway , i'm ok

Sorry to interrupt. I hv overstocked on pampers S size and wish to sell some. New unopened pack of 48 pcs selling at $15/pack. FYI, the last I checked, NTUC is selling at $18+. PM me if keen.

sardonyx : I didn't really start to pump until baby is 3 months old? That's when I started work and pump twice in office, once morning and once afternoon. Then I'll not pump on weekend unless not much supply.

Like what thelittleonesinmylife said, always feed on demand and no water for him. Our breastmilk is not heaty and contains enough water. But of course mummy got to drink lots and lots of water. Sometimes it's tough to convince the elders and even CL, but then I insisted and baby was pooing 7-8 times a day then.

Anyway, if you pump too often, baby where got milk to drink, unless u dun wan to direct latch too much.

Went to see gynae today, going to deliver next Tues! In fact, gynae said my tummy was contracting when he's measuring my blood pressure... I dun even know... haha

Placenta Encapsulation
Anyone doing Placenta Encapsulation? I did mine last time, using a medical hall which only charge me $70, nowadays everyone is charghing around $300! Including the same medical hall!

Michi:
TBF no need water. Let your hubby know that. You can introduce at 6 mths together with semi-solids. Baby will drink bit by bit. Rather risk the "dun like to drink" rather than the baby drink water & dun drink milk. Baby's stomach is very small - size of your fist at most. If you fill with water, then how is baby gonna drink milk?

chocolateteddy:
Does the pain come from the back (i.e. include backache) or just in front? Is your whole tummy hard (like rock)? If you lie down, does it go away? If come from back, whole tummy hard & does not go away when lying down, its contractions. If pain only in front, tummy not hard (or only parts are hard) and lying down makes it go away, you are having braxton hicks or you wanna poo.

momo_baby:
No they do not provide red dates tea. I drank water & milo. :p

sardonyx:
yes, sterilize after every pump. Even thru the night. What I do is to have 2 sets of parts.

Olivia:
Pls note that weight estimation has a big margin of error. Its the size of the baby relative to you that matters. If your gynae estimates that you can make it, then try natural. Your gynae will cut for you so you wont tear.

Olivia: I think she is quite experienced and I guess if you are in labour and she determines you need C-sect then she will immed do it for you. Perhaps you can try natural first.. My edd is 8 May
happy.gif
Are you taking leave earlier? I tot of working till 30 April and ask her for medical leave for subsequent days of the week til edd..

Loose stools: How long does it go on before we deliver? I am having constipation all the while since pregnant and past 2 days suddenly have loose stools..I read somewhere before too about loose stools and labour..

Now dunno whether to go hospital anot.. Afraid go hospital already then false alarm. I keep like wanted to poo.. Already poo twice but now keep sitting at my toilet bowl but nothing.. Can feel contraction is like when bb is moving inside... Haiz dunno whether to go now or monitor...

hi mummies, good evening. have been missing as i was totally exhausted over the past week. at week 34, i am now feeling extremely fatigue.. tired oways.. cranky mood.. cant have a moment of peace inside myself, cos physically i am very drained despite doing nothing much. i can yawn and yawn while watching tv just after taking a nap.

have packed my hospital bag. will deliver in TMC. any one can advise if we need to bring new clothing or old clothing for baby to wear home?

ya.. after giving birth at the hospital, if we cant drink water, so that means we have to ask our mother prepare red dates water while we are giving birth so they can bring it to hospital once we gave birth?

Moment, i think you gotta time your contraction.
If about 20 mins once regularly you gotta go to hospital already.

My contraction now is on and off.. Keep want to go toilet but nothing comes out. And bb keep kicking and my virginal pain. That is normal I know, now the cramp is like diarrhoea feeling.. And much like cramp leh.. Dilemma

Now wanna sleep also can't sleep. Keep have to diarheoa feeling. Keep Sitting on toilet bowl and nothing comes out. Hmmm.. Hopefully the pain wil go off and let me see doc tomoro..

Big Dee: TMC provides for baby to discharge but i pack new clothes for baby to welcome her home..
happy.gif

Moment: How's it? did you time the pain? i think u shld start timing it and call the hospital if really lardy affecting ur sleep and ask them for advice.. safe is better than sorry....

Moment, when contraction come try to take a deep breathe then blow in 3 times, short short long...(it is taught in my prenatal class)
Hope it helps.
You gotta keep monitoring your contraction ,k?

Chocolateteddy
2 may. Suppose to see doc tomoro. But think can't wait le. Just now on my way the contraction was so pain. Reach hospital not much. Now on epidural le.

Now waiting for nurse to check. The last check was 2am till now din check on me le. Wonder still got dilate anot, I keep sleeping on side way and my legs are totally numb I can't even move. So scare later no strength to push.. now got the vomitting feeling. Just now like heard another room shouting.

Vomitted and feel abit giddy... Nurse says wait till 6 then check me. She says so far no sign of waterbag burst. Will update my gynae later..

Hi mummies, sorry to disturb.
I'm 2011 Nov Mum, i bought one tin extra milk powder for stage one, Unopened.

Brand: Enfalac A+ Stage 1
Expiry date: 29-July-2013
Weight: 900g

Willing to sell at $40, self collected at Pioneer MRT or BoonLay MRT.

Anyone interested please pm me. Thanks!

For the contraction cramps which you all mention its like diarrheoa pain, i experienced it but not into labour. After my dinner, i had extreme (cannot walk and curl up) twisting/pulling pain at side of tummy. About every 30min then 15min. Got the feeling wanna poop and went toilet. After poop soft stools, tummy still have dull pain for abt 3hours. I was so terrified and thot going into labour as i read pre-labour,will hv slight diarrheoa, plus the cramp was so super painful. Lucky was just a false alarm afterall.... but already freaked me out... kinda chicken out wanna opt for c-sec
sad.gif

Moment: jia you! Have a smooth delivery and update us oki. Take care!

Omg, more n more ppl in this thread are delivering, thks for all the updates ;) let's jia you!

Moments: have a smooth delivery!

Fifi: i think i should be average size, pre-pregancy weight was 55kg. my frens around my size either opted for c-section when baby was estimated to be >3.5kg or had to undergo emergency c-section. so although the best would be to try natural first, but i was thinking just go for c-section to avoid the anxiety. dunno la...still deciding as of now! So unsettling!

littledotty: i will probably start my ML this wednesday, at week 38. you mean Dr Liauw will give MC to cover the remaining days after April 30? can like that ah? i didnt know. haha. but i think my company HR policy wont allow this.

So nice! Most of u all are starting your ML already? Mine is still 3 weeks away
sad.gif
can't wait to start so that I can slp my morning away n enjoy some alone time before another journey embarks!

Moment.. have a smooth delivery! All the best!! :D Update us!!!

>> Maternity leave
I am intending to work till i pop~ haha to stretch the maternity leave after BB arrives :p

Back