(2012/05) May 2012

Just now gynae came at 9plus and burst waterbag gv jab to let pelvic open. Nurse check at 11am said 5cm le. Gynae said will be ard 6plus evening but I think will be out soon.

Contraction come and go but bb head coming down makes me b painful. They said I on Epi too fast. Now going to drip on 4th dosage for epi. Nurse says I got to pay extra for another 3 dosages cos package only 1 dosage. Guess my bill will be ex compared to my last 2. Some more this time round I choose 3 bedded..

Olivia: Not really, Dr Liauw don't give medical leave unless we are really sick..she encourages us to work til give birth, if not then we can start taking ML..I am quite relunctant to start ML earlier, so tot of working til 30 Apr and take MC after that..I am going to see her tmr again, will ask her..
happy.gif

Moment: even with epi is painful??? i tot it will be a faster delivery for subsequent babies? oh god, i am getting gan chiong thinking I dont even want epi..

I thot epi makes yr lower body numb? Even if low dose will only cause u to feel slight pain to enable u to know when to push right? I am jus thiking if the aesthetician administered jab properly? I had a fren who experience pain at left side of her body and in the end had to re-take the epi as it wasnt properly administered earlier and causing her too much pain in labour.

Mummies, what are the questions I need to ask my gynae regarding the big day? Not sure what to ask:
- changes in Edd date?
- admission letter?
- baby engaged alr?

Anything I've missed out?

Hi mummies to update u all

I haven given birth at 12plus this noon. Gynae suppose said I came in v early and jab epi too early.. Cos nurse tot mine 3rd one so will be v fast. Fr the start only nurse gv me no 9 for the epidural dosage which makes my legs both too numb.. End up I got to use up 3-4 packs of the epi and she said hospital only gv 1 pack the rest I paid myself. Per pack abt 100+

Bb finally came out @ 12plus instead of what doc said at 6plus. He nearly late. Lucky in time.. And v happy is lucky bb in time to come out. Nurse said bb shit if not out I will need emergency c section.

So 2plud then come down to ward. Today alot of babies
And I really regret that I took 2 bedded. My neighbour was indian I already wrote there preferable Chinese. Indian I don mind but at first was the son abt 6plus v noisy and bang the dust bin etc. end up son went bk left the only fren. They can keep talking non stop de.. I din manage to sleep even I on my earphone. Cover their voices too loud for my ears. Nv put on they can keep talking non stop till now. Now got a few more frens came even more noisy. Their voices all pack in the room. I rather take 4 bedded although noisy but at least not pack in the room. Really faint loh. Sori mummies maybe u all will feel I complaint too much. Imgine 17hrs nv sleep and wan to sleep but was so noisy. Now they like occupied whole room like I nv exist plus now my tummy v pain and wound also pain even more fed up

Hi dolly so u coming in tomoro??

U going for how many bed?
If can afford 1 bedded is good if not 4 bedded
I still tot of last one wan to relax myself and pamper to try 2 bedded end up this kind of neighbour faint

Moments, congrats!!! Sorry to hear that you can't rest well. Maybe ur neighbour will discharge earlier than u. I also regret not taking single bedded. Din manage to sleep well at nite. The nurse nvr seek doctor advise on the epi dosage?

Moment, Congrats! I opt for 1 bedded, hopefully can get. Can you ask for a change? Or maybe ask the nurse when is your neighbour going to discharge? For natural it will be 3 days 2 night, so you got one more night to tahan if she is not discharged by tomorrow!

Coming in at 7:30am, booked the OT at 9am

Congrats Moment!! Yes, i think you shld let the nurse know, or maybe upgrade to 1 bedded? if not really very uncomfortable, and some more can't have a peaceful rest...

Moments congrats. Think you should just tell your neighbor to keep the volume down. You need ample of rest now, still need to BF, further more after discharge still have 2 more kids at home to take care. Rest well...

Perhaps check with nurse to make arrangement for a 1 bedder. It's too noisy and you are hardly getting any sleep or rest after a long labor. I'm sure they will try to do something. Else they will tell your neighbor not to make so much noise.

I opt for 1 bedder as I'm a light sleeper don't wish to get unwanted disturbance.

Take care...

Moments, congrats!! Take gd care of urself and "tsk" your neighbour. Oops.. Sorry, I'm being mean. But I can't tahan such things esp when we are so exhausted.

congrats moment! My hubby feared there would be disturbance that's why we opt for 1-bedded too..I think if too tired and cannot sleep can really be frustrating! How is baby?
happy.gif

Moment congrats....
Ya u need plenty of rest at the hospital. It's better to ask the nurse to talk to your neighbor. Btw u at which hospital, how come the nurse can decide so early for ur epidural and make u pay additional 3 doses.

Aiyo... I can't stop eating!!! Feel abit bloated but also a empty feeling... After dinner & extra blow of soup, had fruits, then glass of freetree juice, abt 30 mins later had biscuits, abt another 30 mins had more biscuits n wafer. Now having a mini Mars bar. Burped quite abit. Feel thirsty all the time but drinking more makes me feel bloated. So irritating!

hi moment, congrats to you on ur new arrival
happy.gif

as this is my first child, i cant imagine if it was me who suffer the contraction now.. and "the day has finally arrive!! bb is HERE!!" life is going to be real different.

keiko/jj: ya i oso thought shd bring new clothes as to welcome bb home. but my ex-coll asked me to pack old clothes to bring bb home so bb will be "guai guai". i guess it really have to depend on myself how i wana see it.

haha im oso having diarrhoea feeling these few days.. and mild cramp on and off.. but im only 35wk this week. is it normal for me to experience this so early?

chocoteddy: is that considered heartburn? i oso feel hungry everytime after i ate. ya, feel so helpless..

happy.gif

as this is my first child, i cant imagine if it was me who suffer the contraction now.. and "the day has finally arrive!! bb is HERE!!" life is going to be real different.

keiko/jj: ya i oso thought shd bring new clothes as to welcome bb home. but my ex-coll asked me to pack old clothes to bring bb home so bb will be "guai guai". i guess it really have to depend on myself how i wana see it.

haha im oso having diarrhoea feeling these few days.. and mild cramp on and off.. but im only 35wk this week. is it normal for me to experience this so early?

chocoteddy: is that considered heartburn? i oso feel hungry everytime after i ate. ya, feel so helpless..

happy.gif

Moment, hope u get the peace n rest after visiting hours... And do complain to the nurse since u r the paying customer here.

Talking about heartburn / acid reflex, I am starting to feel it more ... Feel a burning sensation at my throat esp when lying down...

Moment, hope u get the peace n rest after visiting hours... And do complain to the nurse since u r the paying customer here.

Talking about heartburn / acid reflex, I am starting to feel it more ... Feel a burning sensation at my throat esp when lying down...

Big dee:
Hmmm... Normally my heartburn feels bit different but who knows... Partly I think I'm being greedy oso... Keep wanting to taste different tastes in my mouth. Feel thirsty but din drink much cos it makes me feel bloated. Now thinking abt eating ice cream. Argh!

Big dee:
Hmmm... Normally my heartburn feels bit different but who knows... Partly I think I'm being greedy oso... Keep wanting to taste different tastes in my mouth. Feel thirsty but din drink much cos it makes me feel bloated. Now thinking abt eating ice cream. Argh!

Big dee:

Big Dee: I've heard the wearing old clothes baby will grow up well... i got lots of hand-me-downs that baby will be wearing... but gg home, I'm giving her new clothes... OMG! this is making me very excited... can't imagine hows it is like to go to the hospital, anticipate the (pain) delivery... then seeing baby, and bringing her home... LOL!

and no, heartburn is really a burning feeling from your heart up ur throat... chocoteddy only keep feeling like eating / drinking, but feel bloated... i hope no heartburn? if heartburn then gotta stop eating coz its like everything stuck there hence heartburn (in a way lah....) and try to stand up and walk abit, the burning feel will (might) go away...

hence, ayana, try getting up from bed for a while, don't lie down...

Big Dee: I've heard the wearing old clothes baby will grow up well... i got lots of hand-me-downs that baby will be wearing... but gg home, I'm giving her new clothes... OMG! this is making me very excited... can't imagine hows it is like to go to the hospital, anticipate the (pain) delivery... then seeing baby, and bringing her home... LOL!

and no, heartburn is really a burning feeling from your heart up ur throat... chocoteddy only keep feeling like eating / drinking, but feel bloated... i hope no heartburn? if heartburn then gotta stop eating coz its like everything stuck there hence heartburn (in a way lah....) and try to stand up and walk abit, the burning feel will (might) go away...

Dolly2009: you also opting for elective c-section? May I ask why? Because I keep having second thoughts about c-section or natural. Up to now, still cannot decide and it's already week 38 for me!

Dolly2009: you also opting for elective c-section? May I ask why? Because I keep having second thoughts about c-section or natural. Up to now, still cannot decide and it's already week 38 for me!

I'm experiencing yellow mucus discharge for whole of the day, but no itchiness, was wondering if it's infection? Any of you experienced this and is normal?

I'm experiencing yellow mucus discharge for whole of the day, but no itchiness, was wondering if it's infection? Any of you experienced this and is normal?

congrats Moment! hope you are able to get some rest now tt its after visiting office hour..(hopefully i wont regret my choice of 4-bedder..)

big dee: i got new clothes to bring bb home too.. like the very first gift to BB.. so prefer everything to be new.. :p after tt i am ok to use the hand me downs from friends when at home~

dolly2009: are you going for your c-sect tmr? all the best and keep us updated! have a smooth delivery!~

congrats Moment! hope you are able to get some rest now tt its after visiting office hour..(hopefully i wont regret my choice of 4-bedder..)

big dee: i got new clothes to bring bb home too.. like the very first gift to BB.. so prefer everything to be new.. :p after tt i am ok to use the hand me downs from friends when at home~

dolly2009: are you going for your c-sect tmr? all the best and keep us updated! have a smooth delivery!~

Waiting in a double room for csec later. All single rooms are occupied. But just got news that some people might be able to discharge today
happy.gif
then will get single room
Oliver, my gynae has long been telling me need to go csec even for my first boy. Although I'm of big size, my pelvic is narrow n shape like a man ( I also dunno how he tell). So for last one, my son can't engaged although head down. No dilation n it was 41 weeks, so in the end go to do csec.
This time round the same case, but gynae would not wan to hv complication in case I go into labour, n from scan, my baby due this thurs, so just go for csec

Waiting in a double room for csec later. All single rooms are occupied. But just got news that some people might be able to discharge today
happy.gif
Oliver, my gynae has long been telling me need to go csec even for my first boy. Although I'm of big size, my pelvic is narrow n shape like a man ( I also dunno how he tell). So for last one, my son can't engaged although head down. No dilation n it was 41 weeks, so in the end go to do csec.
This time round the same case, but gynae would not wan to hv complication in case I go into labour, n from scan, my baby due this thurs, so just go for csec

happy.gif

Back