(2012/04) Apr 2012

Reborn: which means its different type..
Will thigh jab affect the backbone too?
Epi is inject to backbone area right?

there's a FB group? can i join too. pls add me.. thanks!

ganhuiying <font color="red">AT(@)</font> gmail <font color="red">DOT(.)</font> com

pardon for the spacing coz i dont want my email to be found by the IT 'trackers' then start receiving spams :x

Hi anyone need EBM. My freezer full also!my baby born on April so is good i giv away my EBM to April bb also.Who wan can pm me k...exchange for breast milk storage bag will do!

Sarah
No.. Thigh jab will not...
Epi will have back aching...

New mummy join
I'm also selling perfection milk bag... So far should be the cheapest.. Do SMS me at98681654

Hi Mummies,

My 3 mths old baby boy is not drining well (about half of what he used to drink)for the whole day. He can goes without milk for 6 hours during the day. Also, he keeps crying in the nite and refused to sleep although he looks tired. Anyone experience the same problem. Don't know what happen to him
sad.gif

Anyone goes to KKH PCC (Private Children Clinic) for vaccination? My boy has his 6 in 1 and rotavirus vacc there. Was thinking of changing to polyclinic but the doc advise that the vacc may differ in polyclinic.

Hi,

i believe most mummies r back at work. are u still breastfeeding? if yes, do u notice a sudden decrease in milk supply? i used to pump at least 600ml to 800ml a day but now only 300ml. just started on fenugreek today, hope it works. any idea hw to get back my milk supply again?

Hi Yinggg,

He used to drink 95ml every 2 to 2.5hrs. He used to be always hungry for milk and I am trying to stretch him to 3 hrly by giving him more.

Yes, it just happens recently. He is on partial formula and BM. Not sure if he has nipple confusion as he prefers to latch on but fall asleep easily (then stop sucking).

Yes, he slept in yao lan in the day. But, sometimes, refuse to sleep in yao lan too. Whenever, I put him down, he will wake up. Sigh...hopefully he will be ok tomorrow

Hi Ruhee, my baby girl is like ur boy when she was ard 12weeks too. Used to drink 90ml every 2 hrs then suddenly refused to drink fr bottle when she is awake. Until now 16 weeks already still haven't kick this habit. So now I added bm up to 120ml n feed her every 3hr instead n try to time in when she is zz. She only can finIsh her milk when she is sound zz. V challengIng to get her to drink if she is awake even if it is past her milk time.

Is anyone here using medela PISA US model? I just bought one and realized that the set is 9volts. Less power than my old local set bought before 2008 which is 12v. I used to be able to operate v efficiently on the 2nd lowest setting but with the 9v US set I got to crank up the knob almost all the way to the max.

Are mummies using US set also needing to use such high setting? Wonder if it is my adapter's prob.

Ruhee, maybe you dont mix and let him drink full on BM/EBM? Will he finish?

Anyway, previously i felt that my girl was drinking not enough and she will 'vomit' quite alot of milk out due to her indigestion. but PD say dont worry because they will cry if they are hungry. they wont hunger themselves. lol~

my girl is now 14 weeks and is drinking 125ml every 3 hrs.

Hi mummies,

check with you guys, how you all handle cradle cap? My gal had it since 2 months till now haven drop.

and after shaving her hair, her hair grow like zebra style.. some part a lot of hair some part no hair... any way to balance it?

thanks!

Hi dragon mummy,

Have you tried rubbing olive oil and then combing the cradle cap out? Actually I didn't do anything about it throughout the 4 - 6 weeks my girl has had it and it's almost gone anyway. Maybe because she keeps scratching her head...

Feel so ANGRY. My hb is always relying on me. Always waiting for me to do this do that for the babies. Things that i can do alone, he always want it to be done by 2 of us when i ask him to do. Super tired and angry with him, this has worsen the r/s between us. Sometimes i just think that i no longer need him. Is it my fault for being too independant or should he be the one who should start learning how to handle them alone???

I got put olive oil leh.. but like no use.. my fren ask mi try coconut oil.. anyone heard b4?

Hi B@by, my hubby also like that.. i think most of the guys are like that.. and i am more independent than my hubby also.. so i jus do things myself lor... lol.. no point argue so much when i know his char is like that.. just make sure that when i really need help he is there can le..

baby dragon, most guys are like that! i have learnt to lower my expectations. mine was very helpful with #1 but with #2, he leaves all baby chores to me unless i "force" him to do. and when i made him do it, he either does a sloppy job or become more forgetful than me eg. forgot to close the wet wipes container or put on a wrong cream for baby's bum. so i told him i will do everything myself but he has to take over all the housechores. during his off days, i will go out while he stays home for half a day to complete all the chores etc. we compromise. he's happier doing things he knows how to do. haha.. hope you're feeling much better now already.
happy.gif

dragon mummy, actually i don't think applying oil is a very good idea. it clogs the pores and worsen the condition if you did not wash off properly. mustela newborn foam shampoo is very good for cradle cap. try it!
happy.gif

as for uneven growth, this depends very much on individual babies and their genes/hormones. i am sure the hair will grow out evenly eventually.

my boy turned 4 months old on 2nd august!
happy.gif

i am planning to start weaning him around 5 months plus! very exciting! heehee..

desperatemum, how are you coping so far? our babies are getting bigger. how time flies! now i miss being preggy.. haha
happy.gif

babydragon, my hubby same ~ what lovexuan say is v true, i concentrate on taking care of baby, and left all the house cleaning to him. then can avoid quarrels. anything he do extra is out of expectation, and is like a 'bonus', will feel better that way.

lovexuan, guess what, i haven't visited this thread for a month and just when i did, i saw ur post mentioning my name. feel good that someone still remember me
happy.gif
thanks for asking we are doing alright...but just discovered that my dad got cancer, very sad to see his condition get worse and worse. can't dedicate all my time to baby now...this year is so tough for me, giving birth, now this. feel really depressed...

Piggy mum, sorry to hear that. My mum was diagnosed with cancer growth on the ducts to the liver in end Jun and was told to wait to die because cannot be operated in view of the position of the growth. Mid-Jul, we were given a light of hope when informed that a surgery (major, 2 weeks in hospital) can be performed. She is recovery well now. Well, I need to say it's a stressful Jul for me as I need to shuttle up and down from hospital, pumping milk, P1 registration for my no.1 and going back to work. Glad that all turns out well. Keep your spirit up.

Desperatemum + meinme - take care of yourself too

This is why i think its important to take up insurance plan, i have bought hospitalisation for my mum and thinking of getting a accident/term plan. This will reduce my financial stress if such unexpected incident happen.

Hi Mummies,

Have you guys start weaning your bb? I just started to! its so fun! hahah.. i bought this beaba babycook from taka fair last week..

So far had tried sweet potato, carrot and apple! All i mixed with breastmilk and a bit of rice/brown rice cereal.. and bb is happy with it.. open her mouth big big and wait for me to feed her 2nd mouth.. haha.. tml i gonna try papaya!

Here's a link i found for more recipe! check it out! hee..

http://www.babymeals.net/recipes/four-to-six-months/

have fun!

hi mummies,

My boy was diagnosed with acid reflux, thus cannot drink his milk esp when he is awake
sad.gif
Stressful to feed when he is awake. He rather goes without milk for 4 to 5 hrs. Doc said he will lose his chubbiness soon. He is a mth end baby n weighs abt 7.2kg now. May I know how much yr baby dinking now in a day. Worry he does not drink enough....

hi mummies, my baby is 3 1/2mth nw. n he's havin rashes on his face for almost 2 mth nw.. onli wen the weather is slightly cooler den the rashes wil go off. is there ani other way other den keepin his face clean esp aft every feed?

sometimes i do tk a lil spicy food. does it affect him..?
he's drink 180 ml of ebm every 3 1/2-4hrs.

Hi Mummies,

My baby boy is partially on Friso and breastmilk. He passes motion only 3-4 days or sometimes even 5 day. Any baby on other brand of formula and can pass motion every day.

Thanks

Ruhee - mine will pass motion on the day I give fm (enfalac). Otherwise if fully on bm, she will only do it 2-3days. I prefer she pass motion lesser haha...

Trx - I eat spicy quite frequently, my #1 got such problems, even spread on body, legs n arms, she has ecezema. #2 got no such problems. I don't think is related to food since I nv change my eatin habits. I use Cetaphil face cleanser as it is mild and moisturizing for face and affected areas.

My is an early Apr baby but only weighs 5.9kg, not so heavy, easier for me to carry
happy.gif

babydragon - ok thks. wil try cataphil. my #1 hav the same prob onli lasted for few days but she's on total fm. so i'm kinda worried since #2 last for so long. doc onli says its sensitive skin tts all.

Trx - I am unsure if its too young to try, we apply Hazeline Snow on her(#1) face every twice after bathe, lotion on her body. She will have very dry skin or redness if we miss the steps. We used it when she was more than 6months I think... I can't rmb...

trx

U can try rice water?? Collect the rice water that you use to wash the rice to bathe bb.. But discard the first rinse and collect the subsequent rinse, till the water runs clear.. My boy has heat rash and my mom uses the rice water to bathe him, quite effective..

Hi Ruhee
Can I check how yr dr diagnosed the acid reflux... I suspect my baby also have the same problem cos he refuse to drink milk when awake as well and would cry if we try to feed him awake... Can only drink when he is sleeping. My current pediatrician does not seem to know much abt acid reflux and when I ask tell him baby can go up to hours Without drinking if he dun sleep, he just puts it down to habit ... Can I have yr pedi's contact cos I would like to get a second opinion.

Ruhee,
Your bb's weight seems fine. I had the same worry with my bb losing her chubbiness when I got a second opinion from PD telling me that my bb is a reflux bb when she wasn't drinking well. Eventually we tried distracting her with toys with music, walking her around drinking feeds and she finishes her milk. But we have to be extremely patient.

Mei Ying,
In the end, I thought that PDs comment based on their experience. Many mummies from this forum seemed to have this problem too, some lasting for only a short duration while some lasting longer. And visits to PDs doesn't seem helpful, they will most prob prescribe prebiotics to assist.

I have no idea why my bb drinks only with distraction, probably it has something to do with her temper. My bb can however finish her milk during the midnight feed in 10 mins... Strange.

Meinme, thanks for your encouragement. The hospital also returned my dad, said no cure, cos not only the liver, but already spread to the brain. No hope for us, very sad now. Worst part is we have to lie to him, cos no way he can cope with this news, we all feel so tensed.

My milk supply drop significantly bcos of the stress. But my baby is diff from what mummies posted here. If on total bf, she poos every day, sometime even twice. But when put on fomula/mix, (S26 or Enfalac), she poos every 2,3 days.

My baby also got ezecma, face, hand and leg. Her Pd prescribe her with this Desowen lotion, so far working very well. 1-2 times apply it will be gone. I got 1 extra BN bottle if anyone wants let me know, i can let go at half px cos dont think i will need 2 bottles.

I dont really take care of my diet, I tend to eat whatever i feel like, cos already too many things to worry about. But the Pd said if baby sensitive skin and on total bf, should cut down on seafood like prawn.

thks babydragon n angela. i wil try 1 by 1 to see which works better for him b4 goin to the pd

desperatemum - i'm interested to try the lotion, but is it suitable for all babies?

Trx, the pd told me is suitable for infant. You can try to google for more info. I bought, went home and found out that the GP near my place also prescribed the same for my no 1, hence end up got 2 bottles. The bn bottle still hv the prescribed tag on, by dr Ong fr Mt A.

You can pm me if u want cos i dont always go into the forum.

Hi ruhee, sorry for late reply. My baby is taking similac. Previously I had wisdom tooth extraction, threw away my milk for 2 weeks and she poo daily for the 2 weeks

Hi Mei Ying,

My baby's symptons same as my boy. Initially, I suspected he has reflux based on the symptoms (read from internet) like wet burp, frequent hiccups, arch his back when drinking, play with saliva, cry when he swallows his first mouthful of milk.

The pd did not do any test. Just do some physical examination and based on my description to diagnose. Yen is right, no medication for that, just some probiotic. My pd ask me to continue with night feed to make up for the day feeds that he misses. I also do what Yen did to distract him. V tiring and stressful. It pains my heart to see that he can't drink while so hungry
sad.gif

Anyway, the pd that i went to is Baby Bear Children Clinic. http://www.streetdirectory.com/babybearchildrenclinic/
It's my first visit there. Pd is quite friendly and professional.

Thanks Ruhee and Yen.
When I called my PD abt the acid reflux, he said that acid reflux means will throw up... but I read online that not all babies wif acid reflux will throw up cos they swallow it back, whoich makes it worse cos it burns their throat....my baby does not throw up often, just refuse to dink milk at all... cry/ struggle once bottle in his mouth or if i put him into breastfeedingposition got once he only drank 50ml in 12 hrs cos never sleep...

Trx - just make sure that the cream does not have steriod. Private and polyclinic both gave me Hydroderm cream, it is effective but contains steriod so end up I rather use Cetaphil, only when it is too serious then I will use hydroderm.

desperatemum, sorry to hear that. Do take good care of yourself and stay strong for your father. It's already going to be such a stressful period for you. Don't restrict your own diet. Do as you deem fit. If you do eat something that may be offensive for your baby, just replace the subsequent feeds with formula milk. Whichever method most comfy for you. There is no right or wrong. Take care!

Hu Yen n babysean,

We went to the same pd. Are u staying in woodlands. I am staying at admiralty.

How much is yr baby drinking now?

Mei Ying,

If baby throws up, it is serious reflux. My neighbour has it and doc gives medicine to be given before every feed.

How much is yr bb drinking in a day. Pd said my boy needs min 700ml as he is 7.2kg.

for reflux, can give your baby probiotic drops. i gave mine everyday and now she dont throw up now. its very good and it aid babies for digestion, stimulate appetite and regulate bowels. this was recommended by my PD

Hi ruhee, r u staying at woodlands too? Which is e pd u r talking about? I used to visit Sbcc @ mt e or Amk but my frens were telling me dat Sbcc is actually quite ex. Not sure how much other pd charges, anyway I went to a pd at Blk 303 woodlands but was quite disappointed with the dr.

Back