(2012/04) Apr 2012

Hi mummy_baby2008,

Yes, staying in woodlands.
The pd is baby bear at blk 849 woodlands. so far, first visit there. consultation around $60 - $100.

Ruhee, I also staying at Admiralty! :p

She's drinking 160ml 4 hrly. Yday juz shave her hair! Very messy, and scary to c so much on her bed sheet.

Hiii, can add me on fb too? Also a first time mummy with a lovely girl who turned 4 months today! Hee
happy.gif

My email add [email protected]

Ruhee, I'm staying in Sembawang.
My girl drinks a min of 500 to max 800ml.
My girl is 6kg only. When I saw dr teo, my girl's intake dropped to 300ml which is why I needed a second opinion.

Dr teo Told me that my girl has a shallow stomach which means that i can't give her large amonts one shot. I have to feed her in shorter intervals to get the daily intake required.,I'm feeding her every 2.5 hrs in the day and on demand (usually once) at night.

Babysean, yr girl is drinking very well.
I need to feed my baby frequently abt every 2hr. v tiring.

Yen, Dr Teo told me similiar thing too. That's explain why I cant give him more than 100ml per feed.

Ruhee,
I did not strictly follow dr teo's advice. The objective of the 2 hr feeding is to make sure the bb accumulates enough for the day but eventually I thot it's too short and a little traumatising for both mummy and bb. I'm feeding now every 2.5 and managed to get over 100. I think u need to calculate and plan the feeding time to synchronise with the nap times of bb.

Dr Teo also say my gal got shallow stomach and ask me not to force feed her. haha. I was telling him how she will spit out milk even like 1 or 2 hrs after feed. My gal's weight gain also not very ideal, less than 1 kg over 4 wks. She weighs 6.1kg at 3 mths+. He juz mention that i should continue night feed so that she can gain more weight.

Last time my boy is drinking like 180ml 3hrly. My mum feels that 4 hrly is too long a gap. But that's the timing bb chose leh.

Hi mummies,

For those mummies who started weaning, when did u start? and what u started with? i'm still thinking which cereal shd i start with? tot of starting happy bellies brown rice cereal. anybody tried that during 4mths? my baby is turning 4 mths next week.

Hi Babysean,

I think yr girl is drinking fine. At least can take in 160ml. My boy drinks at most 100ml. He will struggle for his first mouth of milk when he swallows them. Her weight seems ok for a girl,girl is lighter than boy.

So, did you continue night feed. I worry that it will be difficult to kick the habit.

Hi Ruhee,

If she wants to drink at nite, will let her. Last time I also nvr stop for my boy til he quit on his own.

When is ur boy born? Was he premmie? My gal was born 1 mth early. Struggle with 1st mouth is it bcoz he not happy with position? My gal will also struggle sometime. Either I need to rock her or sing or talk to her. My boy was much easy to feed last time. My mum also say she more pattern than gor gor.

I also has not start solid. Last time for my boy, got mix brown rice into his milk. Now super lazy for Mei Mei.

Y ur Pead advice to start at 4mth? Bcoz he not drinking a lot is it?

Thks babydragon n Angela for suggestin.. My baby face is so much better aft usin Cetaphil

Desperatemum - I'll pm u if I need it thks! Aniwae do tk care..!

Btw mummies does ur babies slp in the sarong or bed..? Mine slp in sarong durin daytime n tried mkin him slp on bed at nite but he keep movin every 2hrs n I hav to carry him n pat him b4 puttin him back to slp n if I dun he wil start cryin.. Is tt normal..? How do I mk him slp w/o wakin up..? N how to wean off nite feeds? Sorri for so Mani question..

Hi Mummies, i'm an April mummy too!
New to this forum, my boy was born on 23/04!
Wanna ask how long do u ladies intend to bf or give bm to ur babies?
Intend to go beyond the 6mths mark?

Hi babysean,

Pd said he is not a milk drinker. Certain days can drink quite well. Yesterday n today not drinking well. He has difficulty swallowing the milk
sad.gif

Hi babysean,

My boy was born at mth end apr, 2 wks early. He gave us a scare at 24 wks, but managed to keep till full term.

He has difficulty swallowing cos the milk flow upwards and burn him. Thus, he rather go without milk. This boy also has more pattern than the jie jie (who was a premie)

Hi Ruhee,

i guess some bb juz dun like milk. i'm one of them. heehee. maybe he will grow faster once he starts on solid. hang in there ah.

how old is ur #1? i find that i have totally no time for #1, til he go complains to my siblings that no one wanna talk to him at hm. so cham. but a sleep deprived mummy is an angry mummy. no choice. heehee

eva - our babies were born on the same day! i'm onli planin to giv him ebm til 6mths. whether to continue aft tt depends.

trx
My boy slps on the bed, he does not like sarong.. Maybe bcos he dun feel the sense of security when he slp on the bed at night tt's why keep on waking up? maybe u try letting him slp on tummy..

Ruhee
Some bbs dun like milk.. so u might need to start solids soon to ensure he has enough nutrients.. Hope he is ready for solids soon..

BabySean
Ur #1 so cute, complain to ur siblings... lol..

Eva
I intend to give bb till 1 yrs old if i can.. If not den too bad, he has to take FM..

Ruhee,

How do you know that the milk is flowing upwards other than basing on what the PD says?

My PD taught me that starting on semi-solids can be in between meals at this point. Say, if you have milk feeds at 9 and 12, you can give at 10.30am. But give during the day, becos bbs tend to be less edgy in the day.
Don't expect bb to take big portions though. I've only given 2 teaspoons of baby rice, mixed with bm. Initially she does not like it. Only after 4th try she's taking it properly and 'chews' on the content!

Hi Yen,

Sometimes, I can hear funny liquid sound after he has swallowed the first mouthful. Sometimes, he spit out after swallowing them. Also, he cannot drink although he is very hungry. Always take the first mouthful and cry out loud. Does yr baby has this problem? What kind of reflux syptoms does yr bb have?

Which brand of baby rice did you buy? Can share with me. Sorry, ask so many questions.

Hi Babysean,

My no. 1 is 8 yrs old. A big gap but she still very jealous of her didi. Always said I spend too much time with didi. Need to balance my time with her and baby. She has become v sensitive since the arrival of didi and did all the funny things to catch our attention. Agreed that it is tough to deal with 2 kids, somemore sleep derived ...

Hi Ruhee,

Wow...ur #1 & #2 age gap greater than mine! My #1 boy is 7 this yr. :p

My boy dotes on his sister a lot but gotta watch him very close coz he's pretty rough. And he do not know how to talk or do things softly. Always end up give meimei a fright.

His form teacher actually calls me during my maternity leave as she notice some sudden behaviour change.

Hi Angela,

Yah lor, was very surprised to hear from my sisters. So guilty but sometimes i juz couldn't control my temper. Am trying my best to be more patient with him and to spend some time with him.

Ruhee,

Mummies in SMH FB has some recommendations. Are you in the FB? Can check those brands out in places like Cold storage where I got mine, but many places are oos...

Ruhee,

Actually I think my bb is not reflux. Not much symptoms except that she does not like milk. She used to throw up in the earlier weeks but has improved a lot nowadays.

I also saw Enfa has a type A.R milk (Anti-Regurgitation), probably for reflux babies. I did not try but maybe can ask your PD if throwing up is a problem.

Hi Mummies,

Anyone know whether a G6PD deficiency baby can eat pearl powder or not? My bb got alot of phelgm n my ma want to feed him pearl powder.

Hi Babysean,

Did not expect yr children age gap to be big too! it is not easy to manage 2 kids, even though 1 is much bigger. Still hv to coach the #1 for her study. Tough fight for time.

Do u hv anyone to help u

Hi Ruhee... same as usual... will only drink when he falls asleep... other times will just refuse to drink milk...sigh.... was quite tempted to buy probiotics for him... wonder if it will work

Hi Mei Ying,

Understand what you mean cos my bb also like that. He has been on probiotics for 2 weeks, prescribed by doc. Don't think it really helps. My bb also drink when asleep. The only time he drink when he is awake is when he is very very hungry.

Are u fully breastfeeding?

Hi Mei Ying,

Gd tt yr bb is on breast milk as I read that breast milk is gd for reflux baby since it is easily disgested. How much is yr bb drinking in the day n wat's his weight.

Hi Ruhee
My baby drinks between 120-160 ml ard every 4 hours (depending on when he falls asleep) during the day... at night when he latches on i think he drinks slightly less cos only drinks from 1 side... last i weighed him at 4 mths was abt 7.3 kg

hi all! sorry to intrude, my EDD is march 2013 and i think i need to start sourcing for a good CL as my MIL and mother have already said they would not be helping me out with my first BB. just wondering if anyone has a very good CL to recommend? please pm me if so. many thanks!!!

Ruhee:
The only comfort is #1 is too big to be carried now. Else i think will be even more siong. Luckily his school work is not very hectic. No helper at hm, so only me & hb once we get hm. Every day has loads of laundry and bottles to wash.

Angela:
My gal also weighs 6.8kg only at 4.5mths. Maybe for gals, their weight gain is not so huge as compared to boys.

pmy:
Your boy's weight is quite gd already!

Hi mummies,

care to share the food u give to ur babies? i just introduced her brown rice cereal from happy bellies last week. so far so good. thinking of introducing her some fruits puree this week, any receipes? btw my baby is 4 months 1 week nw

Mummy_baby2008
There are some food that need not be cook, such as bananas, avacado n mango as the fully ripe fruits are soft enough for you to mash into purée. Maybe u can read up on some weaning books, or simply do a search online. Think e more popular author might be Annabel karmel.

Mummies, can share what u use to make purée? For banana, just scrape from the fruit right?

Baby born 27/4 premmie.. One month before actual date..
Born weight 1.7kg n now 4 months only 4.9kg..

Already started giving soy milk powder n no poo for 5 days Liao n still counting.. My heart tell me not to worry.. Lolxx

Hi Mummy_baby 2008, i'm from Mar forum. Does ur tin of brown rice cereal from HB have a slightly oily smell? I just started her on it as she was previously on Organix cereals and the smell is pretty strong. Taste isn't as pleasant as Organix either. Was wondering if it's normal or I got a tin that has gone slightly off.

Hi Yixuan,

My bb poo only every 5 days,occasionally on 6th day. He is on partial formula. He is quite consistent n the poo is soft. Pd said ok so long as poo is soft.

How frequent does yr bb used to poo n is it soft?
U can try to massage the tummy in clockwise direction and do cycling act with his legs. It may help.

Bb used to poo daily a couple of times a day when on EBM.

Drama: ytd bb Bryan suddenly cry
So we assume he stomachache
Finally mil took out the poke backside thingy
Me maid n mil struggle with bb Bryan
And he finally poo
Stomach immediately look softer n flatter!!

What a relieve!!

Angela_tan : thanks, i've decided to try out apples for this week
happy.gif

yixian : not to worry if baby no poo & u r breastfeeding, cos when i was total breastfeeding my baby, she poo every 8-9 days. highest record 10 days :p her tummy is not hard and still drinking as per normal.

lynn chua : my HB brown rice cereal has no oily smell, did u mix with some BM or formula milk?? i added about 1/4 scoop of similac, i heard fr my fren dat we can add some fruits puree into it, i'm gonna try that out this weekend when i'm not working. will update u on e taste again k.. haha

Hi mommies,

I'm from the March group. My 5-month-old girl caught some virus from infantcare & she has phlegm in her lungs. The PD gave her the nebulizer treatment & I have been administering it to her 3 times a day. But she keeps vomiting ever since she started the treatment yesterday. Is this normal?
She's so pitiful, keeps falling sick & only weighs 5.6kg at 5 months.

Hi Ruhee,

Happened to log in and saw what u post. Just to share my experience. My boy also hv reflux problem. Went to his PD at Thomson Medical. Was told to give him Nan HA n mixed with fiso comfort for baby. It really helps a lot.Fiso comfort is for baby who hv reflux and constipation problem. My boy also hv shallow stomach, tt is y he tend to throw out if over feed. Now he is drinking 150ml every 3.5hr n he poo every day . Maybe u like to seek 2nd opinion regarding your baby problem.Milk is still very impt to them.

Oh yes, another thing about my boy is when he is on Avent bottle n teat, he always struggle n cry n cn't finish his milk. His PD then recommend us to use doctor brown milk bottle. The teat is much softer. Since we start using the milk bottle, he kuai kuai finish his whole bottle of milk. Maybe u can try to change his bottle or FM.

Hi Shernice,

Tt time my elder boy fall sick n he also on nebulizer treatment for about a month.But he don't have the vomit symptom. I suggest you bring her back to her PD.One thing I realized is that my boy tend to drink a lot of water after the treatment. I guess the mist will make them very thirsty.

Ladies, just wonder y u gals intro semi-solid food to your baby at 4 mths plus?? I tot the best timing is ard 6mth where baby neck are more stable n can somehow seat properly???

Back