(2012/04) Apr 2012

the tiger thermos food jar is really happening. it works like a 'magic pot' apparently (all the auntie words starting to appear liao!). here's what a friend taught me: on stove, in normal pot, boil all ingredients in stock, as well as rice grains. once boil, transfer to the food jar, and it will just cook cook cook all by itself! i usually let it boil a little longer, and then tada, when i open it it about 2 hours later, mmm mmm yummy porridge.

MeinMe, Pink bunny
Do you mean the thermos food jar can work like the magic pot? Just bring rice and water to boil and transfer to the food jar, it will continue to cook by itself? Co's I thought only the shuttle chef series can do that, food jar also can ah...

Yes, the tiger food jar works that way. My friend told me about it and I bought it but never use it that way! She told me, she put washed rice and hot water, porridge is ready to be served in 1-2 hours or so. Actually, this is the 2nd jar I'm using now, the first die on me after 3-4 years, I've used it to bring lunch to office. My helper cooked macaroni soup, put separately or by lunch time, my macaroni will be "over cooked". Porridge is fine cause meant to simmer for longer time.

Lotus mum
Yup my tiger food jar can do that. I only found out after I bought
happy.gif

Finally the Monday have ended!! Any mummies having craving back again? I super craving for sweet stuff ESP ice cream and always happen after having a meal! OMG!

Hi cayden's mummy,

Oh can will surf for their website.

Wah the tiger thermo jug so good?
I bought one earlier on dunno lsst the same as wat u ladies r talking?

Hi pinkbunny,

U have the jug?so is it this one?<center><table border=1><tr><td>
attachment_icon.gif

20120312_195851-1.jpg (26.7 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Hi I m new to this tread
I m 36th weeks now
would like to find out did anyone plan to use recycle diaper?
any feedback??

thnaks

MeinMe
Thanks for the info.
But is the food jar very heavy and bulky to bring out?

Robinsons private sale
Did anyone receive the mailer?

Thanks MEinME! Can I ask if u still rmb how much u got it at?

Stephanie tai: hi! U're asking about the cloth diapers? There r traditional and modern type (moo moo kow, bumwear etc).. Not sure if it's effective but my Fren couldn't use moo moo kow until her baby was 2 or 3 months old as the cutting was too big. Am gonna use traditional cloth diapers + disposable ones for night &amp; outdoor use..

morning mummies! any mummies feeling some tingling sensation at the cervix/around the inner area? wondering if bb is too low or cervix is starting some dilation? aiyo.. so many things to worry.. i'm not even week 35 yet..

and checkup is only next wed. cant get gynae to verify...

Hi Friends, I needed some advice from you all. I have been using an anti-stretch marks cream since my 4th month and as a result I have had very littel to no itch and hence no visible stretch marks. Suddenly I noticed that there are some vertical stretch lines below my navel and above the pubic area. I am wondering if there is a way to avoid these from coming ? Please help! I am a first time mom

Have not inform my gynae as i be seeing him nxt wed. Did go to KK over the weekend for some other prob and gynae there did a v-check to check for internal bleeding, cervix dilation and amniotic fluid leaking and everything is ok.

Will inform my gynae on my next visit.

I also experience vaginal pain sometimes! More like bb is pressing on my pelvic area actually. And lately will keep on tummy ache. Vaginal pain = may cause premature birth?? Yikes!!

Mrs_ho: which type of pigeon bath towels u looking for? Hee. Actually the one I bought is like a glove for wiping baby..

Mom 2012: I have also quite a few vertical and v short dark red markings on both side of my tummy at underwear area! Maybe is the tummy stretching? I do apply stretch mark cream daily as well, did not prevent these frm appearing. Boohoo!

cayden's mummy: the pain is like a sharp pain in the inner area, but goes off very fast too..

so if this sharp pain is due to the cervix softening/dilating, then it might lead to premature labour, cos your cervix which is the "door" for the baby to come out is open mah.

Any mommies been to the Robinsons private sale today? I did not get any mailers for this though. Any good deals for bb or nursery?

Tangs card members, there's a 15% off rebate this Thursday too.

The Isetan sale was good! Bought NUK teats at 30% off plus their nipple wipes too. Never seen NUK at 30% off before, usually max at 20%! Got hb some Springfield shirts also at 30% off. Those who are not members should really just pay $10 and get the membership. Can shop for post natal clothes for ourselves too!

Any recommendations for thermometers for baby use? Was at Taka fair and saw one from Safety First, it's a ear thermometer with fever detectable function retailing at $59.90. Any reviews for this? If not the Braun one retailing at $153, it can take temperature without touching the baby (detects from behind the ears) so not so disturbing when bb's asleep.

How about air purifiers? Any silent and effective ones for baby room usage?

Mrs_ho: ahh I haven't come across yet.. Will let u know if I see it!

Little dd: smh overseas spree got people selling in ear braun thermometer at ard $60 only. Braun is reliable and reccomended by alot of mummies. Sg retail at least $130. Those take temp frm behind e ear, i feel is not reliable as there is air in between, how accurate can that be?

Air purifier think I'm not getting, it may cause ur bb to fall sick more easily. Unless U have furry pets at home lah.. If not environment too clean is not good for bb..

Nuk is 30% during baby care festival at expo too
happy.gif
is anyone gg to OG member sale tml?

Lilcactus: ahh! It sounds like what I go thru sometimes! Yikes! But I'm 37 weeks now! Will ask my gynae when i see him tml..

cayden's mummy: but luckily you are full term already! i still got till end of this month then full term.

ya, pls ask your gynae and share with me/us ya! i want to know whether is it a concern too.

Cayden's Mummy: Me thinking of going but hubby n family dun really advise me to go alone.. OG also having 20%+10% for most brands on regular priced items rite.. tt wat stated on the booklet..

For pain at vagina, it is on n off. But according to those articles i read online, it's not a cause for concern unless lower abdomen pain.

Maybe Cayden's mummy can share with us after checking with your gynae tomorrow as I been feeling tis pain since end of 33w. Wont get to see gynae till next wed. TIA.

qiqi: is this your 1st preg? if so, then cervix softening is still not that worrisome for you. cos you will feel something before baby finally descends down the canal.

for me, its my #2, so everything can happen very fast if the "door" is opened. these few days, i been hearing "horror" stories. 1 colleague shared that she has a relative who delivered at home, cos couldn't make it in time to reach hosp. The other colleague said her ex workplace, there was a lady who had to give birth in the ofc, cos it was too late to rush down to hosp! they cleared one of the tables and when the medics reach, they delivered for her!

so i'm on the lookout for any sensation or signs, and i'll rush to TMC straight!

For mummies interested in the tiger food jar that MeinMe posted (can work like magic pot and cook porridge), can wait for taka sale. Coz they normally have a bundle set which comes with 1 food jar and 1 thermos flask (can use to contain water) for $59/69. So quite worth it. I got mine then.

lilcactus: this is my 2nd preg. #1 is via c sect as baby in breech position. din have tis type of feeling before for #1. In this preg, alot of new experiences for me. EDD is 18th and has planned for C-sect on 5th so praying hard BB stays till then..

qiqi: oh i see.. i heard that if chosen to c-sect, cannot let body go into labour is it?

my #1 that time i had this feeling. and before i knew it, my gynae say i was a few cm dilated already

gynae will advise to choose a date that is from 37w onwards since it is considered full term. best not to go into labour if not it will be e c-sect since no operating theatre is being booked.

#1, i chose 38w but when born, he measured 37w but still consider full term.

Littledd: there are a few, but I bought from this seller chjas who have ready stock at $66, the rest sell around $60 like that but must wait a few weeks for shipment to reach sg. ;) ctrl + F and search for "Braun", at least got about 3 - 5 threads! Haha. They are all selling the same model IRT 4520.

Qiqi: ok lemme ask my gynae and let u all know again.. Hee! I also wanna go alone tml but cared the crowd. Last year I went very early and long queue!! So maybe if u go frm noon onwards the crowd should be much lesser. After all, most are aunties who want the deals in e coupon so must reach v early!

Food jar: is the one MEinME reccomended come with inner compartment? I'm looking for 1 which is empty inside does not come with any compartment one.. Does anyone knows?

Cayden's mummy, I think the food jar has no inner compartment. Just 1 big hollow thing and 1 big opening for you to pour your food inside. (hope I am describing it correctly) Maybe another mummy can confirm as this is what I remember but haven't taken mine out to use yet.

Was talking to my gynae yesterday. Told him MA seems to be very packed, as wat i have read in other threads. He say traffic ard that area is bad too..
Is it true???

Told me to make a U-turn to RH if on that day of delivery traffic is bad...

Though comparing single bedded between RH and MA, RH is slightly cheaper. Hubby told me to consider RH.. I only afraid nurses there r not as gd as MA

Anyway, MA have adjusted their rm pricing this mth...

silvery_gal: MA is Mt A? If yes, then its true, esp the peak hours timing, it can jam quite badly. Everyday I pass by that road to go to work.

Heard TMC is very packed as well... All single bedders are full...

Thanks starrie!
happy.gif

Wow RH seems more ex than MA leh.. >.< my fren just gave birth there, nurses all ok except head nurse abit rough..

lilcactus: ya is Mt A... haha so must choosing timing to give birth

Cayden's Mummy: looking at their price list, RH is only cheaper in single bedded by a liitle.. Unless c-sect (epidural/GA) the diff is greater.

The rest of the room types, MA is cheaper

silvery_gal: haha yes. in fact i asked my hubby that day, if i really had to deliver and its traffic jam, then how ah? he say he will horn and horn and horn until the cars all give way. hahhaha.. i dunno if it will work.

but that stretch of road jam, i think its not so bad. cos not too far can turn into Mt A liao. not like u still got a long way to travel and you are only on that road which is jammed.

mummies who breastfed, did you use up a lot of breastpads? those disposable type? Or is it after milk supply stabilise, we wont need the breastpads anymore?

cos thinking whether need to stock up anot.

Back