(2012/04) Apr 2012

Haru: is actually from G market, u type: Boba wrap and u can find the seller. $69
happy.gif

Re: insurance

I'll find my very close friend for comparsion. He private analyst not tagged to any insurance co. Hence able to compare for me which insurer plan is most suitable for me. :)
My current portfolio is "veg rice" from ntuc, uob, aia etc lol

Thanks Ms. Tan!

siti,
ya, now that i am nearing my delivery date my daughter wants to be carried a lot more. think its sinking in that her lil brother is arriving soon.. =P

Hi mummies
Wow what a big busy full-of-walking day it is for me! Even my non preggie friend who was with me was tired! Haha

#1 and I went for maternity photo shoot at studio loft today. So much fun
happy.gif

Ikea sale starts tomorrow! Bath tub, anyone?
happy.gif
haru, hope ur cot will be on sale!

Bathing
Just a few drops of shower gel in bath water will do. Bath water should not be too much, just a couple of inches so baby's body will not be cold. Cos the shower gel is so little, most baby gels do not need to be rinsed off.

Try to elevate your baby's bathtub by putting it on kitchen counter or dining table of stools or get a bath stand. When baby is newborn, it's actually very dangerous to put bathtub on floor cos we might lose balance when we stand up while carrying baby from squatting position

Just to share a useful tip I suddenly remembered (and there's a chance I will forget when our babies are here): when putting on mittens and booties, first invert them then with your fingers still inside the mittens/booties, hold on to baby's hands/feet, then flip the mittens/booties over. So much easier than slotting hands/feet in while trying to hold mittens/booties open

Moms in mind
Not sure where they sell their products but have seen them at baby fairs, and can search online for them
happy.gif

With delivery date drawing near, I'm slowly letting hubby do bedtime routine with #1 more and more. Cos I know that I'll be very consumed with BFing #2 and don't want #1 to feel like I'm brushing her aside for baby. Learnt this from other friends, some of whom had #1s who completely refused dads and insisted mums tuck them in etc, resulting in mums' eyebags drooping down to the floor!!

Pinkbunny, you took photoshoot at studioloft too?
hee...i took mine when i was having #1 and with my frens for this time round. How much you pay for your package? must be sweet taking pics with #1. I tot of doing it with #1 too but scared he camera shy later difficult to take shots of him so decided to postpone till #2 is out, to take with my hubby. Free upload your pics leh. =)

hrua, how old is your #1? my #1 also wans me to carry him all the time...13kg very heavy for me with my big tum nw..very scared will tigger early delivery wor. but will feel guilty if dun carry coz he will be like crying, look so poor thing =(

pinkbunny,
i hope so too!! but i won't have time to head to ikea tom..=( if anyone is gg can keep me posted?? hee..

haha, i was also telling hubby that i forgot how to bath a newborn! guess it will be Papa bathing baby most of the time initially. i remembered we were both dripping w sweat e first few times when we bathed our #1 coz we closed all e windows (scared of wind), and we were so nervous handling a newborn. hahah...

SG,
my #1 is 3yrs old. i still carry her especially when I am alone and she refuses to go on the escalator on her own, etc...but i try to make her walk on her own as much as poss.

GBS = group B Streptococcus.

Does anyone know where to buy car seat protector. To protect seat from baby seat? Bought my last one from munchkin but cannot find in major dept stores now.

Is momsinmind now thebirthshop online? They seen to be selling similar things. Their nursing wear does not look very fashionable... :p

SSP: thanks for the explanation! Kinda forgot the name of the bacteria. I tested positive today and have to be on antibiotics. When swallowed by bb during labour it can cause health problems..

Btw I think I saw car seat protector at Taka baby fair
happy.gif

Pinkbunny: Taka baby fair selling the bath tub at $15.90 same price as ikea! Hehe

Fantasy: i always wonder those insurance agent not tagged to any company, how they earn? Commission frm the company? Anw ur bb got so many insurance ah? Hehe..

No-rinse lotion: bought 1 bottle frm medela as heard its quite gd!
happy.gif

I did photoshoot with bambini photography last week. I got proofs today, really happy with them. I took no 1 along but didnt expect him to participate, but he did and the pictures with him turned out really nicely. Pm for a referral if anyone is interested..

My No.1 just turned 2 in December. Anyone with similar age gap? I hope the he takes well to his little sister. I've also been trying to let DH do bedtime routine for the last couple of months but he wont get to sleep till i go in.

I love the Gaia smell. Its just really ex in Singapore, esp for the size..

Hospital bag almost packed. Remember to pack change of clothes and toiletries for DH!

Cayden's mom- thanks for the info. Will check it out.

I m now a bit wary about stocking up on baby bath products. For my first kid, I bought a lot (on discount, thinking I can save $) during pregnancy. Turns out she had bad eczema and that particular brand worsened her rashes. In the end, threw all away and wasted all that $. Sigh.....

Hi cayden's mummy,
Haha i mean my own insurance portfolio!
And i dunno how they earn wor maybe the co got pay commission?
Oya n i finally saw ur pm on the massage lady! Went to my spam mail. Lol
Oh ya so which shifu u went to for bb's name?

haru, my #1 also 3 this yr. very sticky..go toilet also must explain long story before i can go. yah will try to make him walk by himself..unless no choice then carry ba. =)

Hi mommies! Just wondering if you have any good postnatal massage lady to recommend? Think its important to move womb back in place!pls share your experiences like process , costs etc? Thank you

Yes. Moms In Mind is now BirthShop. Same same.

SG: My #1 is 22months. Around 11kg. Also always want me to carry also. Unless my mother is around. She would only want us to carry her. Other ppl she dun want.

SSP: Yeaps. Dun waste money to stock up on too much newborn products. Cos we never know if the baby will be allergic. Then end up throw away or give away. I know some mummies will try to sell. But very troublesome lar. So I just buy 1 of each, to try. Anyway, come MAY/Jun there will be Great Singapore Sale! Everything will be discounted again! No need to buy to stock up now.

morning mummies!

anyone going to the private sale tmr and can spare me a visitor entry coupon? My sis didn't receive the mailer this time but I'm asking hubby to go with me cos cannot shop alone anymore!

morning lovelies..

with all the sales coming up im just too excted and at the same time cannotthink which one to go.. hubby said as tho i can go all coz i always feel tired walking nowadays.. hmmm.. my feet are a bit swollen now. can;t help it. too hot outside.. pespiring like wat...

cheekyduckie,
im still choosing which brand to buy coz hubby has sensitive skin and im scared tat baby #2 will be like him too eventho my #1 no skin allergy.

I dun have a clue abt insurance all tat and i have no time to check abt tat. need to google and ask hubby to find out for me..

Fantasy: haha great! Faster contact her. Hee! Oh the shifu I'm going to is jin Zi long at geylang , forgot which lorong but it's near mrt..

Oh haha paiseh! But for ur baby have u decided which one to get already?

Zodiacstar: I can refer mine if u want, I feel most impt is ur frens have tried before and feedback is good. Rather than finding someone who nobody ard u have tried before, then how will you know their skills is gd and gd effect? 2 friends use this massage lady n found her not bad. Most impt is head to toe massage plus binder and what type of cream they use. I've encounter 1 only tummy massage and using normal cream only..

I'm also buying 1 bottle of everything first cannot buy too much later baby skin not suitable then wasted..

My friend told me nuk bundle (2 small, 2 big bottles and 2 pacifiers) at only $52 at mothercare fair! However another told me she seen the same bundle at isetan and kiddy palace too at the same price. Can anyone confirm? Wondering if it's gd buy.. Hee

SG
Yup yup! I took my bloom shots with studio loft when preggie with #1 and again when she was about 3 months old. As a return costomer I got 20% off so paid $200 instead of $250. This time will also be taking newborn shots with them. Really regret not capturing the pruney-ness of #1 the last time! Think I'll only get my shots in a month, but have shared my shots of previous preg in FB
happy.gif

Cayden's mummy
Oh is it? I'll go see taka soon! Do u know if there's the anti slip function too?

Chalis
Hehe I also wondered if #1 would be cooperative. Luckily there were lots of toys and props around for her to play with when she felt like taking a break. Macham like big hollywood star haha. In the end managed to get a nice balance of pics with #1, and some just of me and big belly
happy.gif

Think you got to ease yourself slowly out of the bedtime routine ba. But if you just need to go in to say a quick nite nite, it's still better than having to do the whole routine. Sometimes mine also requests for goodnight song from mama. Like "say it with music" song dedication haha.

Cheekyduckie
Thanks for clarifying re moms in mind and birth shop!

Pinkbunny: wanna see ur shots too! Hehe. Not sure about anti slip function but confirm protect the car leather lah. Haha!

Lilcactus: what time will u be going? I'm going tml too ard 2pm but the coupon is with my mum..

gingerbreadger: oh, but i stay wdls, usually in amk, and work at alexandra... so out of the way, if not can go get from you.

cayden's mummy: i think i'd be there ard lunchtime. and will stay in town until maybe 3-4pm. oh so you wont be seeing your mom today ya? If so, then nvm.. dunno if can try to find a way to sneak hubby in anot haha..

vivs29: 1.7kg at which week? my last checkup at week 32, bb was 2kg. tmr there'll be another checkup. hope bb is 2.5kg tmr.

vivs
my bb's weight is 1.8kg at 34wks. the sonographer said it's within normal range. so, it depends on which week you are now. during 3rd trimester, bb and mummy's weight increase quite fast.

Viva: I went check up at 35 weeks and baby was around 2.7kg (according to my gynae who just felt all around my tummy and got that estimated weight without any machine lol). 1.7kg is quite light! Did he mention it is normal or things will improve over time?

Lilcactus: my mummy stay bishan.. If u want can collect from her.. Hee. I shld reach isetan at 1.30pm
happy.gif
normally security is very tight but can try! Say u need hubby help to carry the stuff as u r heavily preg..

cayden's mummy: really? can i go collect tmr morning? will she be home? i can drop my girl at her childcare in amk ard 8.30am, go eat breakfast, then passby bishan to collect from her maybe at 9+ 10am? I hope its no trouble for her!

ya, so far i haven't try sneaking pple in, so dunno can anot. but if end up hubby cant go in, then might as well not ask him to take leave go with me.

silvery_gal: big babies are chubby and nice to hug and carry! my #1 was 3.2kg at birth weight. very nice to hug! i'm aiming for at least 3kg for this baby
happy.gif

silvery_gal: me too, keep feeling hungry or feel like eating something!

how many weeks are you left to full term? think after full term, the rate of bb's growth might slow down abit, cos less room to grow liao?

i'm week 34 tomorrow, hoping for bb to be 3 kg by the time i'm full term.

lilcactus: me wk 35 tmr... my bb also very weird... initially never move much... however these 3 days can feel her moving more than usual. anyway during my last check, bb havent head down. so hopefully she is shifting herself to the right position!!!

my gynae did comment that at the rate she's growing, she will easily exceed 3kg. 3.2-3.3kg is ideal for my size. anyting more than that, have to assess again.. and i was hoping for natural..

I'm also afraid bb too big.. But my tummy quite small leh. Haha!

Sunny: ahh! I just bought a pack at ntuc, newborn size, $17.80!! Boohoo!

Lilcactus: think shld be no problem.. Let me call her and ask.. I PM u my hp num so u can contact me via whatsapp?
happy.gif

mummies, maybe dont worry too much first. when i was preg my #1, i didnt join this forum and i didnt think much, although my gynae was also worried if bb might be too big for me. end up i managed to do natural without epi! and i'm a petite sized person.

Cayden's mummy: thank you so much! yes if she ok, pls pm me although i dunno how to search for number in whatsapp. hahahha..

Sunny: haha thanks for e info! Ntuc used to have promo for s size and above also, but $20.80! $13.90 is really cheap compared to that! Maybe shld get 1 pack of S.. Should I? Lol!

Lilcactus: added u in whatsapp
happy.gif
wow natural without epi! Please share ur experience! Want to try that too but so afraid of the pain!

Cayden's mummy: i have already standby 4 packs of S sized diapers! haha kiasu

actually for my case, dunno is lucky or wat. but labour was considered fast for 1st baby.

the night before bb out, i went for usual gynae checkup and he keep asking me if i felt any pain. apparently he had detected some signs of labour but i felt no pain. so he strap me to the ctg machine and indeed i was having contraction pain. so he got me to be admitted that night as i was dilated a few cm (i cant remmeber how many) and cervix is very soft.

so stayed tmc overnight and had bloody show. next morning 8am they pushed me to the waiting ward to prepare me. gynae came to check, still the same cm of dilation, so he burst my waterbag, and nurse started me on drip at 9am. i was still talking and laughing with my hubby until 11am when i start feeling pain. then the pain got more intense and i only used laughing gas. not really helpful with pain relief, u just feel abit sleepy and weak.

was fully dilated at 1pm (2 hours later) (the 2 hours of pain was super intense, i felt my whole body was gonna split open) and was pushed to delivery ward. i had to stop using laughing gas in order to gain back my strength to concentrate on pushing. after a few push, gynae say i'm not good at pushing and used vacuum to assist me and baby is out 15mins later.

sorry for long granny story haha

Lilcactus: wow so envious.. How I wish I will have 4 hours or less of labour.. Haha! Btw how did he detect signs of labour?

Siti hazar: ya try have Huggies and pampers..

lilcactus: i have 2 friends same as u. very fast labour for #1. ENVY, no need to undergo many many hours of painful labour... did u actually walked a lot?

Cayden's mummy: I also dunno how he detected. But this time im not using the same gynae.

Silvery_gal: ya I think I walk alot. I used to take bus to and fro work, lunch almost everyday will need to cross overhead bridge.

Some say have lots of sex. It might help to shorten labour?

Hi Vivs, my scan at 31+ wk is 1.77kg. Gynae says bb is on track. Growth scan is ard 32 wks? So our bb range are almost the same..

Lilcactus
That IS very fast! I also walked sooooo much but still had a super long labour. If labour counts from the time water bag leaked, then mine started at 750am, and baby only came at 2am :|

Heard that sex is supposed to trigger labour, not shorten it la hehe

Hmm, you gals still sexually active at this stage? my hubby wouldn't do it. Hahaha...

Gingerbreadger: strange, different gynae says different things abt weight. My 33+ week scan also show bb at close to 2.2kg. I'm same size as you. The report says bb only at 40 percentile for weight (50 is average) so doesn't fall into the 'big' range.

Back